WAX MELTS!!!!

I skimmed and didn't see anything but...I recently came into a Scentsy warmer. I swear, I must be the last person left on Earth who has not heard of Scentsy, but I was given one, and I love it. I have a feeling I'd love one of LP's melts better though. Anyone use one in a Scentsy warmer?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I skimmed and didn't see anything but...I recently came into a Scentsy warmer. I swear, I must be the last person left on Earth who has not heard of Scentsy, but I was given one, and I love it. I have a feeling I'd love one of LP's melts better though. Anyone use one in a Scentsy warmer?

I tried, awhile back, and it didn't really heat up right. I think with the tealight warmer, the flame is hotter than the light bulb, and closer to the bowl...

I definitely want to get a new tealight warmer - the one I have is a snowman, and I'd rather have something more suited to year round use. The ones in the shoppe are sold out though :(

I tried, awhile back, and it didn't really heat up right. I think with the tealight warmer, the flame is hotter than the light bulb, and closer to the bowl...

I definitely want to get a new tealight warmer - the one I have is a snowman, and I'd rather have something more suited to year round use. The ones in the shoppe are sold out though :(

Thank you. Good to know! I did notice that the Scentsy melts are considerably softer, so they probably don't need as intense a heat. I would check Yankee Candle Company. I think I saw some when I was last in there.

i have two LP elephant warmers, we use a lot of candles and tarts in this house. I also have an electric one at work that I bought from some website. Works pretty good. I tranquilized myself the other day with Spa Mint. Looove that one. I fell over like a tipped cow.

I have an electric tart melter and I burn tarts all the time...but I haven't tried LP's yet. I use Victoria's Candles scent shots. I also have an electric oil warmer that I use B&BW's scented oils in. I've been dying to try LP's melts, but I always forget to order them. With a house full of boys, dogs, and cats I need all the extra help I can when it comes to my house smelling good :)

I have an electric tart melter and I burn tarts all the time...but I haven't tried LP's yet. I use Victoria's Candles scent shots. I also have an electric oil warmer that I use B&BW's scented oils in. I've been dying to try LP's melts, but I always forget to order them. With a house full of boys, dogs, and cats I need all the extra help I can when it comes to my house smelling good :)

You have to try them. The chocolate almond with G2 is my favorite

My favorite burner is a homemade one I put together. I got an electric candle warming plate from Michaels for $5 and a small rammiekin from Walmart. They fit exactly and look sleek and unassuming. I like not having to worry about the lit candle.

Edited by halo0073

My favorite burner is a homemade one I put together. I got an electric candle warming plate from Michaels for $5 and a small rammiekin from Walmart. They fit exactly and look sleek and unassuming. I like not having to worry about the lit candle.

O.M.G. you are a genius... why have I never thought of that?? I gave my warmer away, but they're not expensive, I'll grab another one...

thank you!!!

Very smart! I have those things going unused at my house! Now...for some LP wax melts!

:burning-heart:LP WAX MELTS RUUUUUULLLLE!!! Hee!!! :burning-heart:

NOT to downplay everyone else's, though. Scent preferences are so very personal. But, speaking as a sometimes pro candle maker, Mara's melts are excellent!!! I LUUUUURRRRRVE them. I have a bevy of tealight-powered warmers, and her newer wax formula works just as great as the old soft ones. The scents are beautiful, and the pheros work to perfection! They've gotten me and mine through some tough spots lately. LOVE. And WIN. :wub: And I need more with Teddy BB in them. Heh. B)

I have been using my wax melts sparingly. Put on LP Pink over the weekend as I was expecting my colleagues and her kids over at my place, a play date for my daughter. LP O would have been perfect but LP Pink was a good choice. My hub likes LP O too. I'm eyeing on an electric burner similar to the one in my hotel room last weekend.I will get it in spring, after our move.

• 3 months later...

I recently got some more of these to use in my bedroom. I stole Halo's idea of using a candle warmer and a ramekin, it works beautifully! No more burning through tealights...

So far I've used the LP Black that had Perfect Match, and the Garland & Lace one - LOVE!

I recently got some more of these to use in my bedroom. I stole Halo's idea of using a candle warmer and a ramekin, it works beautifully! No more burning through tealights...

So far I've used the LP Black that had Perfect Match, and the Garland & Lace one - LOVE!

Isn't it the best?? I got an Espresso Bar candle from BBW for Mother's Day and it smells just like the chocolate almond G2 tart!

• 4 months later...

So how long to the pheros in the wax melts last (effectiveness wise)?

I'd guess it seems like they'd burn off pretty quickly.

Edited by StacyK

• 5 months later...

My boyfriend was so sweet and got my first tart warmer! It's a cute owl! Extra points for him lol. Thanks to Chrissy - I melted my first one from Rainbow Melts in Lemon Cookie. It smells so good! I just placed an order at Front Porch and got some wax melts in : Cake Shoppe, Cherry Fruit Loops, Hot Apple Pie and Nanas BananaBread.

I have another new addiction!

I really want to order some LP melts, and Rainbow Melts. Luna and DD recommend Tods, which I would like to try. What other companies have good tarts?

Edited by hearts

I would rather this discussion - because it is in the Review section - stick to Mara's products, so if you want to discuss other companies you can do so in the appropriate subforum/thread, okay? Thanks. :)

I would rather this discussion - because it is in the Review section - stick to Mara's products, so if you want to discuss other companies you can do so in the appropriate subforum/thread, okay? Thanks. :)

Oops sorry!!! Feel free to move my post:)

• 2 months later...

Yes that is the only place where they are currently. I love how hers are small and melt neatly. I have some that are like fucking kiddie pool sized right now and it creates spillage. I don't want to get a big satelitte dish tart warmer either. More reason to love LP.

I order 4 of these last week - all different, all with pheros. The reviews really helped me choose, I love almond and chocolate (OK I especially love those when they are on top of an Almond Joy Bar) and Halo said the tart with G2 in that fragrance is her fav. Good enuf for me. Has Mara ever done a tart with one of Le Wizard's scents??? I think he's got a great handle on unisex appeal and since I live in a house of testosterone I can imagine something like River Song, Ionia or Emerald City being something we all can agree on. As it is I'm sure I'll only be able to burn the ChocAlmondG2 when everyone is gone!

I did get the one with Topper to try around the boys... I stopped short of getting the Man Cave with SS4M as I wasn't sure what EFX that might have on my 17 & 15 year old budding neanderthals. :caveman:

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 2 weeks later...

Mara's wax melts are to die for!! I ordered a whole slew of them a few weeks ago and have been using them daily!! I'm going to have to be more conservative now as they are running out! ;)

Out of 5-6 different ones I ordered, I have tried so far the Summertime Sparkle w/anol and, the Aloha w/anol. When I first saw them I thought they were small and was worried that they wouldn't be able to provide fragrance/pheros to all of my living room (about 18x20ft), but when I tried the first one I realized that they not only spread fragrance throughout my living room, but also the rest of my 1 bedroom apt! Both Summertime Sparkle and Aloha are divine!! The anol boosted my mood and made for an extraordinary day!!

I am really hoping that Mara is able to make more wax melts with phero boosts (I have to confess I snagged most of them w/anol)! There are still some great fragrances left with Topper and Balm Bomb (and others) and some unphero'd ones that smell awesome!! Can't go wrong with the wax melts!!! Truly fabulous!! :)

Edited by TheBirkeys

OMG, Lovestruck! You could take some wax melts with you for your get away to help set the mood, or to use at the house with MIL....do you have others besides the chocolate one you had? I think there's some left on Artfire....

Yeah but I don't think I can get it here in time! I wish I'd purchased Man Cave - I'd like to take that one. I didn't get it because I have 3 guys in my house and it's already too much of a man cave (plus the phero on my teen boys... probably not prudent). I also got CHOCOLATE CHIP ORANGE CUPCAKE/ TOPPER, SPA MINT + TRANQUILITY POTION (really for me) and SUMMERTIME SPARKLE/ALPHA ANDROSTENOL thinking those were all good neutrals for the house.

Maybe I'll figure out a way to take one of my samples with something sexy along with a diffuser/warmer. I imagine in a hotel room it will be quite potent. Now I just have to figure out which one to use!

Lovestuck: Hmmm....methinks it would be lovely for you to do that....Thanks to Birkey I tried the summertime sparkle/alpha A and a couple of others.

Do you have anything (fragrance wise) with the phero Perfect Match in it? Reason I'm asking is because this morning The Promise/Perfect Match arrived......it was supposed to be for my daughter, but my husband loved it sooo much and the Perfect Match phero is incredible....so I went online and ordered more for her and I....at Romance of Yesteryear....I'm thinking that would be a wonderful one for you to try with him, or maybe you have already? Something really special about that phero. Very deep bonding, yet also reminded me of when we first fell in love....and deep feelings of respect/appreciation. I love LACE, but this PERFECT MATCH is something.

I hope you pack some really wonderful lingerie, music, candles, have a wonderful time, laugh a lot and try to remember what you loved about each other in the very beginning. :burning-heart: Wishing you Hearts On Fire.....

I have Crayons:BLUSH with PM. I absolutely love that one. Don't think I'd waste ANY of it (even my extra sampler bottle) in a diffuser! But I totally get the idea of PM as a unisex phero (to diffuse) in this scenario, rather than SS4M or say G2 on the other extreme. Need to ponder this one as I pack...Thanks for the suggestions OBW

• 1 month later...

As I type this, I am using Summertime Sparkle w/ Anol. It is beautiful! Grapefruit, other fruits, maybe florals, i don;t pick up the amber, but they have remakable throw! This scent is just gorgeous and *very* compatable with the anol. Since we are in for three days of heavy rain around here, it is a lovely way to bring some lightness in. Thank you for making these incredible little tarts Mara! The house and I are "happified." Let's see how it effects tired out partner who just came in from work in the rain. ;)

Just a follow up. Usually grumpy and tired partner came in from a rough day, sat down, started sniffing, immediately asked what smelled nice, and proceeded to become very calm and I think me would have actually made it to the wholeheartedly happy point if he had not had to get online and order more auto parts for more auto repairs. All in all, *very* nice results! :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Put a LP Black on the electric burner. It's nice but my children don't appreciate it as much as LP O and LP Pink. It could also be because of the hot and humid weather that they prefer something lighter and brighter. It is quite potent, considering that I used in the living area which is about 80sqm for sbout 4 hours.

Man Cave with SS4M is de BOMB. I have burned it for the scent alone. It's sweeter than perhaps you would think. Tonka, cedar, tobacco, sandalwood - has a positive, sexy, happy tone to it. I would love it as a the base for an LP, but then I adore the unisex stuff.

• 1 month later...