FREEBIES FOR FORUM MEMBERS!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, Dahlink!

Your last redemption was at 800 posts.

:)

Ooooh! Thanks, my dear! :banana058: :banana058: :banana058::cocktail: Mebbe I'll just use those bad boys this month. :heart:

:Snow-Angel: P.S. IT'S STILL SNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWING THIS EVENING!!!!!!!!!!! :Snow-Angel:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 months later...

Mara I'm sorry I suck at math.. what does that mean. The last time I redeemed was when I had 1000 posts? or 1000 posts ago?

I think maybe 1000 posts ago seems about right? What is the accurate amount of posts I have? Where can I find that?

Sorry for all the questions Mara. I hope you had a nice nap!

Halo, the last time you redeemed was at 2,800 posts.

LadyV, you redeemed at 1,000. And you're now up to 3,200, so you have 2,200 to redeem! That equals 22 x $5 = $110 dollars in credit! Woohoooo! Shop away! :D

See? Money Fairy! :moneyfairy13: LOL!

Halo, the last time you redeemed was at 2,800 posts.

LadyV, you redeemed at 1,000. And you're now up to 3,200, so you have 2,200 to redeem! That equals 22 x $5 = $110 dollars in credit! Woohoooo! Shop away! :D

See? Money Fairy! :moneyfairy13: LOL!

OMG MARA IM GOING TO CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UHAUL TIME! I apologize in advance for the absurd amount of Special D bottles.

OMG Mara you are like ED MCMAHON! No better OPRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GET LPS YOU GET LPS YOU GET LPS!!

You guys are soooo GOOD to us! I've never heard of ANYONE giving free products away and free money to their customers before. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Schnikes! I'd never use ALL of it @once, but I might put a few onto my next mega-order! Never look a blessing in the mouth, yet never take undue advantage I say! *MWAH* for checking for me dahlink!

LOL! It's important that you guys know how much we value each of you as a member of the community and how helpful it is for us when you post reviews. A lot of potential customers who are not forum members read the reviews, and your opinions, both positive and negative, help them decide what to order. So we're just giving back a little for your help..like a sales commission. Plus, sharing your life and experiences with us in this forum? It makes life worth living. I'm madly in love with you all and feel extremely blessed to be a small part of your lives.

:kiss43:

......................Plus, sharing your life and experiences with us in this forum? It makes life worth living. I'm madly in love with you all and feel extremely blessed to be a small part of your lives.

:kiss43:

:kiss43: Back atchya, Lady!!! I feel extremely blessed by being here, too. I can't tell y'all how many times this community has kept me sane and functioning.

:burning-heart:

Dang. Now I wanna cook dinner for eeeeevryyyyyonnnnnne. We really do need the dirigible so we can have a *literally* floating party.

Ooh can you make me some Thai food? Or some pot pie?

Heeee! Mr. Matt could probably whip up some Thai. Either one of us could definitely do pot pie. I do meeeeean fresh pastas, and we both do great sauces. Plus, I am the heir to my Dad's martini recipe. Heh. :cheers04251:

Heeee! Mr. Matt could probably whip up some Thai. Either one of us could definitely do pot pie. I do meeeeean fresh pastas, and we both do great sauces. Plus, I am the heir to my Dad's martini recipe. Heh. :cheers04251:

I'll be there as soon as I am well. Wouldn't want to get any of you lovelies sick

Plus, I am the heir to my Dad's martini recipe. Heh. :cheers04251:

I'M THERE !! :cheers04251:

You know, liz, I am a martini snob after growing up with my Dad. I just can't call anything a martini if it has fruit stuff in it. Well, aside from olives! I think Daddy's recipe is a WWII thing, because one of Mr. Matt's uncles made his martinis for us about 18 years ago, and it was the same recipe. Uncle Frank made his by the pitcher, and my Dad made his by the glass. I go by the glass. It's just a jigger (big) of your favorite gin, a half-cap (using a small bottle) of white vermouth (we usually use Martini & Rossi), 2 drops of spanish olive brine, and a spanish olive. With ice. Of course, if you want it DRY, the vermouth part has to be altered. You pick up the vermouth bottle, keep it *across the room* from the gin and all, and SHOW it to the martini. Heh. I do dry sometimes. B) Our friend Wayne, who is the same generation, uses onions instead of olives in his martinis, and I love his, too. The folks who are in their 80s-into-their-90s really knew how to party. They taught me well! Heeeeeee!!!

:cheers04251::cheers04251::cheers04251::cheers04251::cheers04251::cheers04251:

P.S. So I call the family recipe the James M. Saulsbury Memorial Martini.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Fruit ? :surprised: ABSOLUTELY NOT !! I like 'em dry, BUT Vodka is my choice, 3 olives (sometimes stuffed w/feta or bleu cheese)

Cheers to Dad !

The folks who are in their 80s-into-their-90s really knew how to party. They taught me well! Heeeeeee!!!

My old buddy Kevin McCarthy would always order a Martini with a packet of oyster crackers on the side, which I thought was hysterical because the bartenders always had to check..."Excuse me, did you say Oyster Crackers?!" :lol: Anyway, I tried a taste of one once and it was SOOO STRONG I couldn't swallow it. Yowza!

It's important that you guys know how much we value each of you as a member of the community and how helpful it is for us when you post reviews. A lot of potential customers who are not forum members read the reviews, and your opinions, both positive and negative, help them decide what to order.

I wanted to comment, as a member of the Team, on this aspect of posting.

Very few communities will actually reward you for providing good quality content in regards to posting and I know we're all grateful to Mara for doing just that, but I cannot stress enough to everyone on the board how important it is to have those reviews, not only for new members, but anyone considering a particular scent, because it's difficult to consider such a purchase in a vacuum, as it were. So I encourage everyone to post reviews - even if you don't think you're any good at describing scents - because the more someone knows about a scent - even just knowing whether people like it or not - is so essential to the experience. Especially the guys who have joined, even if you don't post regularly, even if discussing a scent seems kind of strange to you, your feedback is valuable. Reviews should really be the heart of the community, because that's the reason we're all here, whether it's for the fragrances, the pheros, or both. And we want to support Mara in her endeavors so we can continue to enjoy her generosity and her genius.

When you earn those credits with good quality content you fully absolutely deserve a reward! :money1668:

Fruit ? :surprised: ABSOLUTELY NOT !! I like 'em dry, BUT Vodka is my choice, 3 olives (sometimes stuffed w/feta or bleu cheese)

Cheers to Dad !

YUMMY!!! Gods, especially with the cheese-stuffed olivos!!!

My old buddy Kevin McCarthy would always order a Martini with a packet of oyster crackers on the side, which I thought was hysterical because the bartenders always had to check..."Excuse me, did you say Oyster Crackers?!" :lol: Anyway, I tried a taste of one once and it was SOOO STRONG I couldn't swallow it. Yowza!

Now, THAT'S what I'm TALKIN' about!!! Ladies, these martinis of which we speak are the REAL ones. I do not eschew fruits and alcohols--I certainly consume enough of them together--I just can't call 'em martinis. Martinis need to put HAIR on your CHEST!!! Or wait. Spikes on our nipples, perhaps...?

I wanted to comment, as a member of the Team, on this aspect of posting.

Very few communities will actually reward you for provided good quality content in regards to posting and I know we're all grateful to Mara for doing just that, but I cannot stress enough to everyone on the board how important it is to have those reviews, not only for new members, but anyone considering a particular scent, because it's difficult to consider such a purchase in a vacuum, as it were. So I encourage everyone to post reviews - even if you don't think you're any good at describing scents - because the more someone knows about a scent - even just knowing whether people like it or not - is so essential to the experience. Especially the guys who have joined, even if you don't post regularly, even if discussing a scent seems kind of strange to you, your feedback is valuable. Reviews should really be the heart of the community, because that's the reason we're all here, whether it's for the fragrances, the pheros, or both. And we want to support Mara in her endeavors so we can continue to enjoy her generosity and her genius.

When you earn those credits with good quality content you fully absolutely deserve a reward! :money1668:

YEAH. What you said! :yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat: It is seldom that I *don't* consult reviews when buying a bottle. All the experiences and conclusions of our community are utterly valuable. Think I'll go post a review, too.

Ditto. At the very least I do compare/contrasts on potential purchases every time. That said, I definitely appreciate anyone who's taken the time to write their experiences down.

TS, I've got to ask--WHO is that in your avi? Is it you? And if it *is,* how did you do the finger-balance thingie? It's a great photo. B)

The forum is what led me to order from LP! I would have never placed my first order if it wasn't for reading the forum. now I'm a fellow addict. But also the freebies in the orders always lead me to new scents and more purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

I go by the glass. It's just a jigger (big) of your favorite gin, a half-cap (using a small bottle) of white vermouth (we usually use Martini & Rossi), 2 drops of spanish olive brine, and a spanish olive. With ice. Of course, if you want it DRY, the vermouth part has to be altered. You pick up the vermouth bottle, keep it *across the room* from the gin and all, and SHOW it to the martini.

A classic martini like I grew up with that my dad always drank. My dad had a friend who told the story of how he made the ultimate dry martini. Back in the days of above ground nuclear testing he attached a bottle of vermouth to the framework holding the device. After it detonated he waved the glass with the gin in it out in the air.

BUT Vodka is my choice,

Mine too. I keep a couple bottle in the freezer.

Martinis need to put HAIR on your CHEST!!! Or wait. Spikes on our nipples, perhaps...?

Whichever ...