CELEBRATE YOUR RANK!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

I have used variations of that line and every now and then someone recognizes where it comes from.

Yeah totally! But I'm partly mistaken, she was only the singing voice of Jessica, Kathleen Turner was the speaking voice.

Yeah totally! But I'm partly mistaken, she was only the singing voice of Jessica, Kathleen Turner was the speaking voice.

Hey, I can do Kathleen Turner as Jessica. But even as the singing...Amy Irving just feels too prim. Did she play someone really straight-laced many moons ago???

Wow! Surrender Dorothy! Where's my Toto? Yeiiii

Congrats to all LP ladies who ranked up!

Congrats! You are a posting machine!

Thank you!

Posting machine - I know! Lol! I really should shut up more often, but I'm only working part time at the moment. Between May & November I'll hardly be here at all - I'll be working my ass off. Tourist town.

I'm pre-emptively making up for lost time. ;)

Thank you!

Posting machine - I know! Lol! I really should shut up more often, but I'm only working part time at the moment. Between May & November I'll hardly be here at all - I'll be working my ass off. Tourist town.

I'm pre-emptively making up for lost time. ;)

Have you used any of your posting credits yet?

YAY BlueBear!!!!

One one one one one,

one one one one two....

Heeeee!!! My family always does that with clocks. Like at 1:11, if someone notices, we all start yelling, "One eleven!!! One eleveeeennnnn!!!" I love that. :)

Hey, look! I am a Cylon Repairman!

............what's a Cylon...? B)

something on Battlestar galactica...I think

CONGRATS EOSP !! :jumpforjoy: :jumpforjoy: :jumpforjoy: WOOHOO !!

eta: or is it Star Wars ?

Edited by liz

Hey, look! I am a Cylon Repairman!

............what's a Cylon...?

The "bad guy" robots from Battlestar Gallactica.

I just finished watching Battlestar Galactica - the whole series - yesterday.

The whole series? In one day? Which one - the original or remake?

No, not in one day. I don't think there are enough hours in a day! Took about a week and a half, including time off for things like work, and packing to move. ;) We watched the remake this time around. Last winter we watched the two series' back-to-back. Now THAT was a marathon!

Eggers, have you watched Galactica 80?

I never knew it existed until a coupla years ago. Don;t you love how they mined like every little bit out of the original series that they could? They also nabbed some stuff from Galactica 80, so if you are as obsessed as I am with that show, it's fun to watch that one too.

Did you get the Caprica set too? Loved that as well. They're supposed to be coming up with a new series soon, this time showing the first Cylon war!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For ElizOSP...

Scary Cylons:

cylon-10.jpg

Sexy Cylons:

cylon1.jpg

PM, I've never heard of Galactica 80, but I can easily see myself becoming obsessed with BG. I frakking love it! Haha! (My boyfriend is in the peanut gallery, saying, 'Yes! Yes, she *is* as obsessed as you, Mara!' Lol!

I have seen Caprica. I wish they'd continued. I loved it. It was cool seeing how it all started. I think the writing of BG was incredible. It's why I keep going back to watch it. It's the only TV show I have the entire DVD set for, (other than Rome)A and I intend to get Caprica, too. They're just too good. And they're thinking of doing another??? YAHOO!!! I'll be keeping an eye out for that, for sure! You just made my day! xox

I wonder, are there Galactica 80 episodes on You Tube?

I want to be a sexy cylon. Too bad Helo's already hitched...

OMG, I was a Helo fan too. Drool! We used to have a board member here who was really good friends with him! She sent me tons of pix of them hanging out together. What a trip.

Yeah, they cancelled Caprica because it was a little too intelligent. People couldn't keep up. They said after it was cancelled that they are doing the first Cylon war next, I do hope that's still in the works.

I hate it when smart writers are pressured into dumbing down for the audience. Steven Moffat just wrote the best seasons Dr Who has EVER had and the audience was saying that it was too complicated to follow his long arc storytelling. They're making him do more "stand alone" eps for the next season. I wrote on FB, if they can't keep up they should watch reruns of Gilligan's Island and let those of us who can keep up enjoy the show. <_>

I got the entire Galactica 80 series (which is only a handful of eps) on DVD for like $13 I think. Yes! Look HERE. They're selling for as low as $5!!! You MUST complete your set!

Eggers, have you watched Galactica 80?

I never knew it existed until a coupla years ago.

I cannot believe you didn't watch this as a kid, OMG! It was one of the few shows I did watch back then because I was upset that BG had been cancelled.

................I hate it when smart writers are pressured into dumbing down for the audience. Steven Moffat just wrote the best seasons Dr Who has EVER had and the audience was saying that it was too complicated to follow his long arc storytelling. They're making him do more "stand alone" eps for the next season. I wrote on FB, if they can't keep up they should watch reruns of Gilligan's Island and let those of us who can keep up enjoy the show. <_<.....................

O hell. I love Dr. Who--been watching it since I was a kid. That *is* a helluva long time! Nowadays I see it when my kids watch it on Netflix streaming as we don't do regular TV. They just watched a metric shit ton of recent shows right in a row, and the intricacies of the plot, and time twists and all that were superb!

Thanks for the suggestion & link, Mara. I'm going to check Galactica 1980 out.

Yes, Helo is so very handsome, and I loved that character - so principled, and always compelled to do the right thing, even though it might prove the unpopular course of action. I must have a thing for very principled guys. BF is very much that way, too.

I was hoping there would be more of Caprica. It's such a shame that people have such short attention spans these days. I mean, you can't even wait for a story to be told anymore? You just have to jump right to the point, or people lose interest. And the dumbing down of things drives me nuts, too. That's one of the things I appreciated most about Battlestar: that everyone involved in the making of it trusted that I'm intelligent enough to figure it out.

I watch a lot of British stuff for that very reason. I love the crime dramas they make over there. Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren and Cracker with Robbie Coltrane. So awesome. And so many other incredible British shows that never resort to spelling things out for their 'dumb' viewers.

I'll have to check out Dr. Who. We don't have TV, so it's tough deciding which shows to rent. I do prefer having to rent things I want to watch. This way we can avoid the garbage of advertising.