CELEBRATE YOUR RANK!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY BlueBear! I LOVED being a Woozy Floozy! ROCK that, woman!!!

And Calii...you're on the Yes is the answer quote. I humbly aspire to that level. YOU rock THAT one!!!

By the way, we're getting more snow starting tonight. I guess it's a good thing I haven't put any Dat seeds out yet! You're going to get some of this storm, yes?

Holy crap, I post a lot. I'm already Surrender Dorothy. Whoa. Give me a month or so. I'll shut up when I'm too busy working to type. My arms will be too sore. You won't hear from me again until October! Lol!

Holy crap, I post a lot. I'm already Surrender Dorothy. Whoa. Give me a month or so. I'll shut up when I'm too busy working to type. My arms will be too sore. You won't hear from me again until October! Lol!

Eggers, are you in a town that does a film festival? You were mentioning theater season...I guess in another thread?

P.S. Congrats on the Surrender Dorothy!!! Hope your sky-writing skills are brushed-up...

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Eggers, are you in a town that does a film festival? You were mentioning theater season...I guess in another thread?

Not film festival. Theatre. I guess it doesn't matter if I say where I live, does it? It's the Stratford Festival in Ontario. It starts in April with previews, and usually ends in early November. Great theatre.

You're going to get some of this storm, yes?

Looks promising! :jumpforjoy: a 50% chance of rain by Sat...but under a red flag fire warning for tomorrow with high winds :(

Yay Eggers! :lol:

Ravenwing, it's a nice little town, and great if you love theatre. But ticket prices have gone up so much in the past couple of years, (new artistic director is bastardising the original idea of a "people's theatre"), that I can't afford to go unless I get comped tickets or highly discounted ones. However, if you ever make it this way, look me up. Aside from watching plays, there's not much more to do than eat and drink, but I can feed you well and get you drunk! :D And that's *before* the show!

Not film festival. Theatre. I guess it doesn't matter if I say where I live, does it? It's the Stratford Festival in Ontario. It starts in April with previews, and usually ends in early November. Great theatre.

Do you get new shows, revivals, Shakespeare...? Bits of everything?

Do you get new shows, revivals, Shakespeare...? Bits of everything?

It's a Shakespearean theatre, but they do other things too. Last year, at the Avon Theatre, they did a kick-ass production of Jesus Christ Superstar. It did insanely well, and got amazing reviews. There are 4 theatres total, and one of them, called The Studio, is dedicated to new plays and playwrights. But there are always at least 4 Shakespeare plays every season, usually more. I shouldn't be so grumbly about the whole thing; it's a wonderful theatre filled to overflowing with deeply talented people - both onstage, and off - a lot of whom I'm lucky to count among my friends. One of my friends was the Technical Director for Jesus Christ Superstar, and I was blazing with pride for her when Andrew Lloyd Webber saw the Festival production and declared it the most technically perfect production he'd ever seen!

As much as I grumble about the tourists, Stratford is a pretty cool small town, and definitely worth a visit if you're up this way. There's an excellent Chef's school in town, too, so we're blessed with a huge number of fantastic restaurants.

Ravenwing, it's a nice little town, and great if you love theatre. But ticket prices have gone up so much in the past couple of years, (new artistic director is bastardising the original idea of a "people's theatre"), that I can't afford to go unless I get comped tickets or highly discounted ones. However, if you ever make it this way, look me up. Aside from watching plays, there's not much more to do than eat and drink, but I can feed you well and get you drunk! :D And that's *before* the show!

sounds like a good plan!! I will keep that in mind :great:

It's a Shakespearean theatre, but they do other things too. Last year, at the Avon Theatre, they did a kick-ass production of Jesus Christ Superstar. It did insanely well, and got amazing reviews. There are 4 theatres total, and one of them, called The Studio, is dedicated to new plays and playwrights. But there are always at least 4 Shakespeare plays every season, usually more. I shouldn't be so grumbly about the whole thing; it's a wonderful theatre filled to overflowing with deeply talented people - both onstage, and off - a lot of whom I'm lucky to count among my friends. One of my friends was the Technical Director for Jesus Christ Superstar, and I was blazing with pride for her when Andrew Lloyd Webber saw the Festival production and declared it the most technically perfect production he'd ever seen!

As much as I grumble about the tourists, Stratford is a pretty cool small town, and definitely worth a visit if you're up this way. There's an excellent Chef's school in town, too, so we're blessed with a huge number of fantastic restaurants.

What larger city is close to it? I'm about 6 hours away from the Canadian border, and I've been intending to drive up sometime just because I haven't ever been, but I don't even know where to go! lol

Bluebear, Stratford is about 2 hours away from Toronto. I'm always sort of hesitant to encourage people to come to what Ontarians lovingly refer to as "The Asshole of Canada", (that being south-western Ontario), but honestly, there are tourists galore up here, and they always find all kinds of things to do. Toronto is a pretty fun city. And there are a number of theatre festivals around, too, one being Stratford's, which is probably the biggest, and also the one in Niagara on the Lake, which is probably the next biggest. And of course, everyone loves going to Niagara falls. The cottage industry north of Toronto is pretty spectacular, too. Tons of lakes and cottages to rent, (meaning lots of beer to drink, and steaks to barbecue :) ). I actually have some relatives from Europe who bought a cottage here, and who plan to spend half a year here once they've retired, they love it that much. They can't figure out why we think Ontario is so ugly!

If you ever make it north, you now know where to find me. :)

Oh, looks like I'm a bit further west. The two closest larger cities closest to me are Thunder Bay and Winnipeg. I don't know much about either, but they both have their pluses. Thunder Bay is on the water, which should guarantee some scenic views. And to get to Winnipeg, I would have to drive through Fargo (I love the movie and want to say that I've been) and North Dakota (crossing another state off the list). Lol, i know, i know, I'm a huge dork. :lol:

Yeah, you'd be closer to Ravenwing than to me. You should drive there, grab her, then both of you come east! Lol!

I cross places off, too. I've got a list of European countries, a list of US states, and a list of Mexican states. I want to start crossing Central and South American places off a list too someday. I miss traveling.

And road trips! Remember when road tripping didn't mean you were spending your life's savings and we didn't know we were eating up valuable resources? Ah... those were the days.

Congrats everyone.

HAHAHA. I guessed right based on your earlier comments! I did not want to guess out loud and seem like a stalker. My wife and I have heard about that festival - from meeting and talking to visiting Canadians - and it sounds great but finding the time to travel, kids, etc.- we have just never made it there.

Congrats everyone.

HAHAHA. I guessed right based on your earlier comments! I did not want to guess out loud and seem like a stalker. My wife and I have heard about that festival - from meeting and talking to visiting Canadians - and it sounds great but finding the time to travel, kids, etc.- we have just never made it there.

You guessed! :lol: You stalker, you! Well, I guess if I see Superman walking through the streets with his wife and kids, I'll know it's you!

Seriously though, if you and your wife enjoy theatre, this is a beautiful little city. Lots of couples come here as a romantic get-away. There are lots of nice little B&Bs, great bars, live music, fantastic food & restaurants, a pretty river with tons of ducks and scary swans, nice people, and the theatre pretty much kicks ass. It's getting far too expensive, though - the theatre that is. The tickets are outrageously expensive, IMO. (I could go on a little rant about what the Stratford Festival was originally conceived to be, and what they're turning it into, but I'll spare you - you're welcome!). But I'd still recommend it as a great holiday. If you ever decide to come up this way, you can definitely let me know. Same offer stands: I can feed you really well, and get you knee-walking drunk. :D

winnipeg is a great little city! we got all kinds of things you can do all year round. and if all else fails blue bear you can just come hang out with me

I'd have to drag the boyfriend along - one of his favorite bands is from Winnipeg. Propagandhi. He'd never forgive me if I left him behind. I hope you and Bluebear like punk! ;)

I can't believe the number of hours I have spent on my bed sleeping, mind you in the last three weeks. This is good in a sense but I do feel that it is also a waste of my time ......