CELEBRATE YOUR RANK!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am da SHIZNAY! No obvious photo to fill this one, so I'm just going with a pic of me from this weekend! :D

Was this before or after the semi-nude river crossing? :P

And how in the heck can you be having a hard time getting a boyfriend?? All that in the picture plus you love the outdoors, like to dance, have a great personality. Not to mention you probably smell great most of the time.

I do not understand young guys these days.

Was this before or after the semi-nude river crossing? :P

And how in the heck can you be having a hard time getting a boyfriend?? All that in the picture plus you love the outdoors, like to dance, have a great personality. Not to mention you probably smell great most of the time.

I do not understand young guys these days.

Awww QG.... you are so good for my ego :):Emoticons0804: This was before I stripped off, those pics are staying hidden until I need to sell them for LP monies :P

You might be right that it's an age thing. Older guys - like much older - go for me all the time. But guys my age aren't interested. I should have been born fifty years ago...

Older guys - like much older - go for me all the time. But guys my age aren't interested. I should have been born fifty years ago...

Or develop an appreciation for older guys ... :P ... especially the rich kind. :lol:

Or develop an appreciation for older guys ... :P ... especially the rich kind. :lol:

Hahaha :P Actually through the simple fact that it is only ever older guys that are interested, pretty much everyone I have dated has been a lot older. The last was nearly twenty years older, and mostly it worked great but towards the end there was just a level we couldn't connect on. I had way more energy than him, I wanted to do "young person" things, and we couldn't agree on music, ever! It wasn't a huge deal, but I do think it contributed to the end of our relationship. I don't care so much about having a guy that looks hot and young, I just want someone who I know will be on the same wavelength as me...

Absolutely!

I am very expert, make you a star!

Hahaha :P Actually through the simple fact that it is only ever older guys that are interested

Cook...check

Pretty...check

Sense of humor...check

Likes to run around in undies...check

Boobs..check

Likes sex...check

Chases crocodiles...not so sure about this one

Climbs trees...interesting

Smell great...check

Like to dance...check, though i prefer latin.

Smart...check, not always good though...

Only a few more boxes to go like beachhouse, yacht and other trivial stuff.

Edited by Pheroman

Absolutely!

I am very expert, make you a star!

Cook...check

Pretty...check

Sense of humor...check

Likes to run around in undies...check

Boobs..check

Likes sex...check

Climbs trees...interesting

Smell great...check

Like to dance...check, though i prefer latin.

Smart...check, not always good though...

Only a few more boxes to go like beachhouse, yacht and other trivial stuff.

Awwww... will you marry me Phero?? :wub:

Actually...

A few years ago I was doing work where I chased down dozens of wombats... but I guess that doesn't quite make me a crocodile hunter :P

Actually...

A few years ago I was doing work where I chased down dozens of wombats... but I guess that doesn't quite make me a crocodile hunter :P

I think I may hire you as personal security!

:rofl222: ... so who is going to relocate, Syn or Phero :P ...at least visit !!!!

...conga-rats to those who have ranked up,you make our place...our place :abfx:

Actually...

Damn i would love to see a wombat!

:rofl222: ... so who is going to relocate, Syn or Phero :P ...at least visit !!!!

IKR - enough talk already ... :D

No need, Phero actually lives just around the corner from me...!

Damn i would love to see a wombat!

That was such a fun time in my life. We would work in teams of half a dozen. One person drove the ute, another had a spotlight, another a shotgun, two people were runners, and one person was ready with the tranq injection. I was always a runner. We would drive through deserted fields full of potholes in the middle of the night spotlighting wombats. When we saw one the guy with the shotgun - a kid no more than ten years old - would take aim JUST above it's head. The ricochet sound stuns the animal and they just sit there for thirty seconds or so trying to figure out what happened. He never once missed and got a wombat by mistake, his aim was amazing. We runners would jump off the back of the ute with massive nets and try to nab the wombat before it regained its wits and chose to fight back or dive down a hole. The tranq injection wasn't far behind us if we got it.

They are deceptively big and strong and tough. And when you get in their way they charge and can easily snap bones with their headbutt. They can chew through solid wood, so just imagine what they can do to your leg. I saw a girl literally lose a chunk out of one of her legs. As soon as we caught them we had to inject the tranquiliser, otherwise they would outwrestle us any day!

This sounds awful, but my favourite part was when we were researching growth rates in the infants and we would catch mothers with joeys in their pouches and take the little ones out. We didn't hurt them of course, but it was amazing to see these tiny little creatures. Some were no bigger than a jellybean and so very fragile. Some were bigger and had their eyes open and just unbearably cute, and so trusting of us. I still have a huge affinity for wombats to this day.

Edited by Synergist

Ohh that. Of course :Hug_emoticon:

Though I may need a step ladder (keith urban model) to kiss the bride. Maybe we can get it changed to "kiss the boob".

You can even go camping on the honeymoon, the Sheriton Mirage has nice gardens next to the rooms.

...............I still have a huge affinity for wombats to this day.

OMG Syn--what a set of experiences! :w00t: Made me look up wombats, because I'd never seen a pic.

wombat.jpg

CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!! Oh, these critters look like a cross between a bear, a boar, and a guinea pig! LOVE! :burning-heart:

CONGRATS to everyone who's moved up!

And THANK Y'ALL for making me laugh my arse off! :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

You guys have never seen wombats??? I guess they are just an Australian thing then? I get so naive about what goes on in the rest of the world sometimes...

I think your part of the world is the only place you will find them outside of a zoo!

You guys have never seen wombats??? I guess they are just an Australian thing then? I get so naive about what goes on in the rest of the world sometimes...

I have seen them in zoos. Just would like to see one close up. Same with koala bears and kangaroos.

Here is a cuter one:

common-wombat.jpg

Oh, so cute! I've seen wombats only in a zoo, but not from close. I think, outside the zoos, they live only in Australia. Can you find them in the forest? This cuddly baby looks so sweet and adorable, I suppose it is very gentle and won't bite...?

Oh, so cute! I've seen wombats only in a zoo, but not from close. I think, outside the zoos, they live only in Australia. Can you find them in the forest? This cuddly baby looks so sweet and adorable, I suppose it is very gentle and won't bite...?

Yep, you find them all around, though they are more of a field and open plains animal than forest. On the roads I drove on around here they are often in the middle of the road just after sunset, and I have had many near-misses with them. The baby might be very gentle and won't bite, but I wouldn't guarantee the same for it's mother when it sees you holding it...!

Oh and for anyone interested, here is some info on the project I was a part of :)http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/02/17/3141176.htm

Edited by Synergist

Yep, you find them all around, though they are more of a field and open plains animal than forest. On the roads I drove on around here they are often in the middle of the road just after sunset, and I have had many near-misses with them. The baby might be very gentle and won't bite, but I wouldn't guarantee the same for it's mother when it sees you holding it...!

Oh and for anyone interested, here is some info on the project I was a part of :)http://www.abc.net.a.../17/3141176.htm

Oh yes, I guess the mother would be furious seeing her baby in the arms of a human.

I read the article, very interesting. I didn't even know that there are different breeds of wombats (southern and northern hairy nosed and common wombats). I like that project. Wild animals are facing so many threats nowadays, be it due to the growth of human population or climate changing etc. Something has to be done to protect them.

Oh yes, I guess the mother would be furious seeing her baby in the arms of a human.

I read the article, very interesting. I didn't even know that there are different breeds of wombats (southern and northern hairy nosed and common wombats). I like that project. Wild animals are facing so many threats nowadays, be it due to the growth of human population or climate changing etc. Something has to be done to protect them.

Thanks Snowflake :) Being in the conservation field I take your comment very personally. A lot more is needed in this area for sure, but at least we are making a small difference.

Oh and for anyone interested, here is some info on the project I was a part of :)http://www.abc.net.a.../17/3141176.htm

COOL! Thankyou for the link! I was wanting more info and hadn't asked! :heart:

ETA: Fascinating article! And so wonderful that you are part of the study! That's demanding work, girl. :w00t: We have bears and stuff around our house a lot...but we're not attempting to tranq them and study them! Whew!!!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

COOL! Thankyou for the link! I was wanting more info and hadn't asked! :heart:

ETA: Fascinating article! And so wonderful that you are part of the study! That's demanding work, girl. :w00t: We have bears and stuff around our house a lot...but we're not attempting to tranq them and study them! Whew!!!

Hehehe thanks! Sometimes the demanding work is the most fun, if only because of the stories you have to tell afterwards! I could write a book with all the adventures I've had :)

Hehehe thanks! Sometimes the demanding work is the most fun, if only because of the stories you have to tell afterwards! I could write a book with all the adventures I've had :)

Maybe you should! ;)

Cool wombat project. Very interesting work you do. I always get a case of the "warm fuzzies" reading about people helping animals. Makes me happy... :)

Cylon Repairman. I got bad news for those Cylons. Two left thumbs here!!! :lol:

:rofl222:

@B...bbbbBEARS :w00t: I knew they were close,but not that close...eep

Oooooh!! Just noticed -- a promotion to "Sorcerer's Apprentice!!!" No more "Squab"! Or "Squib"! Or whatever the ground floor had been.

Whooot!! :love592: