New Releases for JUNE 2011

could someone 'splain the shipping charges to me, please ? is it $1 +

50 cent per tart ?

Edited by liz

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that seems to be what it says on the New Releases page..but it also says there are stepped discounts as the orders increase - 10% for 10 melts, 20% for 20 or more melts. I assume this discount is a discount on the melts, not on the shipping cost, but I'm sure Mara will confirm...

Yes, that seems to be what it says on the New Releases page..but it also says there are stepped discounts as the orders increase - 10% for 10 melts, 20% for 20 or more melts. I assume this discount is a discount on the melts, not on the shipping cost, but I'm sure Mara will confirm...

I think you're right, it looks like if you buy a certain amount of melts the cost per melt goes down. That said, PUMPKIN AND BANANA BREAD :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Ok, shipping explanation.

Last time, we took such a bath on the shipping expenses on the wax melts that I had to add this charge. Sorry, kids! They're a lot heavier than I expected them to be!

Here's how it works:

We weighed it out, and if we were to send ONE wax melt, it would cost us $1.88 in postage (not including the box and other packing material costs.)

So if you order a wax melt, there is an initial charge of $1.00. But it's only on the first wax melt.

Each individual wax melt is charged .50 cents in shipping.

So if you only ordered one wax melt, you would be charged $1.50 to help pay for the shipping, but as I said, we're subsidizing the postage costs for you. It actually costs us more than that to send. But we certainly can't run a biz in the red, so we had to add the charge because there's so little profit margin on the wax melts at all.

So anyway, the first wax melt will bill you $1.50 in shipping, and then for each after that, it goes up just .50 cents more per unit.

Make sense?

Thanks for the question - sorry if I made it confusing for you!

I contributed an article to a medieval reenactment society newspaper about the use of scent to complete your "character".

That is Awesome !! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Hi Mara -

for July I want to buy one of Joanna's Tropical Getaway PEs, and a sample of Belle de Menthe, with TMI and LP Homme as my July forum freebies. Would you prefer that I pay now and you can add them to my June package, or should I just wait and order in July?

Thank you -

Sara

Either way, Honey, cuz I still have that box I hope to get out to you tomorrow, so either way.

Thanks for asking!

Ms Luna - to answer your phone message, YES! I can totally make Sugared Magi in perfume again. I got really lucky and got a little bit more of my favorite Fig when that one supplier went out of biz, so I have the ingredients on hand now and it's pretty easy to brew. I mean, I do not have any of the old version to compare it to, so it won't be exact, but I do have the ingredients. I didn't realize there was any interest in it. But I do love the combo myself, and often make it in bath oil form for the BF.

He's so funny, he actually put in an ORDER for it through the website yesterday, plus the Magi tarts, to make sure that he got some before they sold out! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I think I'll cut one in half and put it in my new car.

Ummm, you might want to be careful with that idea....

First of all, everyone, the wax I used last time was soy wax and very soft and easy to cut. But this time I used hard as a rock paraffin because it's supposed to have the best throw. So cutting them is not easy and may be perilous - watch your fingers! I had to cut the stuff up with a mallet and chisel!!!!

Secondly - while this stuff is harder, it will STILL melt in a hot closed up car at the height of summer. You might want to be careful not to get liquid wax spilled all over your new car!

But anyway - if you order the monthly collection, I am including a special secret freebie that will be totally appropriate for use in your car.....you can dangle it from your rear view mirror and enjoy the scent for probably months. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Ms Luna - to answer your phone message, YES! I can totally make Sugared Magi in perfume again. I got really lucky and got a little bit more of my favorite Fig when that one supplier went out of biz, so I have the ingredients on hand now and it's pretty easy to brew. I mean, I do not have any of the old version to compare it to, so it won't be exact, but I do have the ingredients. I didn't realize there was any interest in it. But I do love the combo myself, and often make it in bath oil form for the BF.

He's so funny, he actually put in an ORDER for it through the website yesterday, plus the Magi tarts, to make sure that he got some before they sold out! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

OMGYAY! *girl/girl smooch* If you desire, my love, I could send you my precious hoarded sample for comparison's sake. And that's too adorable: KSBF, the LP Addict!

OMGYAY! *girl/girl smooch* If you desire, my love, I could send you my precious hoarded sample for comparison's sake. And that's too adorable: KSBF, the LP Addict!

Well, if you want, you can just put a drop on a cotton ball or Qtip - wrap it in plastic, and mail me that. That will suffice, no need to part with your preciousss.

:lol:

Yes! I also like the one where he had business cards he was handing out but at the end he says:

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mud."

QUICK QUESTION, Mara, as I just discovered the Mad Scientist Mixtures in the Pheromone section (may I say, WOOOOT?! K. WOOOOT!).

I am *loving* wearing Dad and Cuddle Bunny together. The Intellectual Man blend isn't on the Men's Blends list of choices in the Mad Scientist Mixtures. Is it okay to use it as a write-in? :2179:

Also, Mara & Luna, you two just quoted both of my favorite Wile E. Coyote scenes! :lol:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

QUICK QUESTION, Mara, as I just discovered the Mad Scientist Mixtures in the Pheromone section (may I say, WOOOOT?! K. WOOOOT!).

I am *loving* wearing Dad and Cuddle Bunny together. The Intellectual Man blend isn't on the Men's Blends list of choices in the Mad Scientist Mixtures. Is it okay to use it as a write-in? :2179:

Also, Mara & Luna, you two just quoted both of my favorite Wile E. Coyote scenes! :lol:

Our kindred sister. :) Gods, all those old WB cartoons were just BRILLIANT, weren't they? That's why I loved Animaniacs so much too, cuz they were done in the spirit of...

Just an FYI for everyone:

I added the Mad Scientist Mixture option due to requests, mostly from men who like to have total control of every drop of content in their bottles and don't mind experimenting and risking money. But truly I do not recommend this option on the whole. It's easy to spend a lot of money on things that may not work, unless one is truly experienced at mixing from scratch and knows what everything is "supposed" to do, and in what measure. It's a GREAT way to waste money if you're just playing around. Just a head's up, okay?

Ms OSP: The only product that I have left of Intellectual Man is already mixed in silicone or DPG and bottled. I do not have any raw materials left, this is a discontinued product at this time. Pretty much, the most I can do is pour a roll-on bottle into a spray bottle to have more room to add stuff. That means that you'd be paying for at least 2x to get to where you want to go. Understand, Honey? Just checked, and at this moment I have 4 bottles of IM in oil and 3 in silicone left, and that is ALL.

xoxoxox

Yes! I also like the one where he had business cards he was handing out but at the end he says:

And this, ever so geekily, leads me to "Mudd's Women" from the original Star Trek series, where he was auctioning off "pheromone enhanced" brides!

:)

Ok, I can hardly believe it after the last 4 days I've had, but I THINK I finally have everything programmed. Holy Moly!

There's a lot of new entries on the Home Fragrance page, as might be expected! Also finally listed some gorgeous lanterns and candle holders I hadn't had time to list before...all there now. Obviously, I do not make these lanterns, but I am an avid user of them - I have over a dozen of them all over my house, inside and out, they are just beautiful. They add a sensual and exotic flair to any surrounding.

Here's the updated page which will be the sole ultimate home of the wax melts....

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/store/Inc..._Fragrance.html

I loved the Animaniacs, too! I remember stumbling across them...wondering WTF...and then realizing just what they were up to. They were cool.

So with the Intellectual Man, I'd most likely do better to just get a bottle of that, or some more Dad (that sounds funny!!!). I don't want to screw up, as I am *not* a chemist. Awww, but the Mad Scientist guy is so CUTE! Kinda looks like me when I'm mixing margaritas... :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::):cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

And "I added the Mad Scientist Mixture option due to requests, mostly from men who like to have total control of every drop of content in their bottles and don't mind experimenting and risking money..."

Ummm... :10_small16:

And, YAY and THANKS for all your hard work, Lady! :lol:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I loved the Animaniacs, too! I remember stumbling across them...wondering WTF...and then realizing just what they were up to. They were cool.

So with the Intellectual Man, I'd most likely do better to just get a bottle of that, or some more Dad (that sounds funny!!!). I don't want to screw up, as I am *not* a chemist. Awww, but the Mad Scientist guy is so CUTE! Kinda looks like me when I'm mixing margaritas... :):cocktail::cocktail::lol::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

I don't seem to have this listed anymore, and I've not looked it up, I'm going by memory...but I THINK that the DAD phero addition was NOT just Intellectual Man. I have a memory of mixing Intellectual Man with B2 or Teddy BB to get to the spot I wanted to convey.

So if you are trying for a phero mix of DAD and Cuddle Bunny, I think we're really talking 25% IM, 25% B2, and 50% Cuddle Bunny.

???????????????

I may be wrong, but that's what I remember.

Going back over my memory of it...I'm thinking I may have deleted the reference to B2 at some point, because we know how homophobic men can be, and the blend has proven to transcend the original purpose as simply a guy/guy non-confrontational attraction potion.

No worries about the wax Mara. I have some of those cups that you use to make the tarts. I was just going to cut a tart into 4, put it in the cup, put the lid on and poke some holes in the top. Then tuck it in the ashtray. That should contain any melt. I promise to watch my fingers when I cut it :lol:

I hope you are getting some rest as well. Side note: Canada Post is back to work so mail is being accepted again. Yay!

:)

we can't stream video at work, but I knew from this quote it was Wile E. He is my fave! :lol:

I placed a small order this morning, but GAH, there was so. much. more. I wanted... LOL

He's so funny, he actually put in an ORDER for it through the website yesterday, plus the Magi tarts, to make sure that he got some before they sold out! :lol:

That is hilarious that he placed an order! I love it.

I don't seem to have this listed anymore, and I've not looked it up, I'm going by memory...but I THINK that the DAD phero addition was NOT just Intellectual Man. I have a memory of mixing Intellectual Man with B2 or Teddy BB to get to the spot I wanted to convey.

So if you are trying for a phero mix of DAD and Cuddle Bunny, I think we're really talking 25% IM, 25% B2, and 50% Cuddle Bunny.

???????????????

I may be wrong, but that's what I remember.

Going back over my memory of it...I'm thinking I may have deleted the reference to B2 at some point, because we know how homophobic men can be, and the blend has proven to transcend the original purpose as simply a guy/guy non-confrontational attraction potion.

Oh that's *interesting* that there's B2 or Teddy BB in it! With the effects I get from wearing the Dad & Cuddle Bunny, that makes total sense! I think you're remembering right. I've not worn B2 that I know of, but I love Teddy BB--if that's the one in Teddy Man 2? Or am I bass-ackwards??? :lol::):lol:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Wow! Our PEs are doing really well. There's 1 left of Carolyn's, 2 of Joanna's and 2 of mine. Woot!

Edited by perfumesniffer

Aw dag! I forgot about PEs... Oh well. My laptop was fritzed and I had to hustle to get a June order in on my droid, w like 20 minutes to spare! But I knew I wanted the LP Homme for DH, since as I mentioned LPs in general are soooo magickally delicious on him it's silly. If I got the kinda hits he did (scents only, mind you, he's not even into the pheros) I'd feel like a frikkin' princess!

I was toying briefly with the idea of a sample first, but when I told him the notes and said, honey I think I may need to just get you a bottle, he said 'Baby, *I* think I need a bottle!' :666:

Grrr...I am so impatient for the reviews to come in!!! Ambrosial Summer and Candy Apple Cutie just seem destined for my collection. The Ambrosial Summer label might be my favorite so far. Those beautiful colors and a shell lounger!!! But I am also intrigued by the descriptions of Limelight and Voodoo Fondue. Let's get on with this!! I am already planning my next order!!

Not to mention, can't wait to get my order and write a few... and CAN NOT WAIT to slather DH in Homme ;)

I don't even know if I can wait, it is taking all my inner strength not to order Ambrosial and Candy Apple unsniffed!

I am going to hold out as long as possible but if I may request that you make these reviews your priority...I SHALL!!!!

I don't even know if I can wait, it is taking all my inner strength not to order Ambrosial and Candy Apple unsniffed!

I am going to hold out as long as possible but if I may request that you make these reviews your priority...I SHALL!!!!

I'm holding myself back, too!! I'm thinking 2 bottles of Homme, one for Mr. Goddess and one for me!!