Voodoo Fondue

luna65

AD-VoodooFondue.jpg

Voodoo Fondue

This brew isn’t designed to play fair. The moment you enter the room, you’ll bring with you the mouth-watering scents of Watermelon, Pineapple, Blackberry, Strawberry and Red Currant guaranteed to make him want to devour you in one bite. But because you deserve that little extra edge of darkness, we’ve drenched the whole sordid affair in luscious Chocolate, Voodoo Spices, and a touch of blackest Patchouli Resin. His body and soul will be enslaved to your will, yours to command until you release him from this wicked spell. You’ve been a good girl all year. Go ahead…embrace the EBIL! We won’t tell anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WATERMELON ~ Water magic, fertility
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
RED CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
CUMIN ~ Good fortune, prosperity, lust, protection, fidelity, exorcism.
CAYENNE & CHIPOTLE PEPPERS ~ Releases endorphins, increases sensation to pleasure centers. Vitality, growth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now here is what this scent reminds me of, YMMV...it's like La Boom!, but with spices instead of cream.

The fruit and the chocolate combined have a certain quality to them which always seems to remind me of others of that kind - like La Boom! and BFF - it's a creamy kind of bright juicy sweetness, but soft like a skin scent, not a OH HAI TEH CHOCO IZ HEER! Then again I know some people amp chocolate whenever they wear it so again, it might be different for you. Slowly but surely the spices emerge to take the spotlight, and they are hot spices, not just spicy spices. Sort of like what you get with Heart of Fire, but not exactly. But nicely in balance, not overwhelming. What I like best about this one is how well-blended everything is on me, no one note is dominating.

I like it, I can see myself wearing this in the fall and winter when I'm more likely to want a spicy blend.

I really liked this one a lot! Mara, please hold a big bottle for me, i'll be placing an order for this one next weekend when I get my check. :(

This has a very interesting scent. It is chocolatey at first, but the dry down is very unique. It smells like hot and spicy pencil shavings. It's kinda woodsy so that's why it makes me think of pencil shavings, but very subtle like a skin scent. I don't know why though, since there is not supposed to be any wood in here.

The cumin might be making you think of wood. Usually it makes people think of curry or...uh...other things.

(LOL I said "wood.")

Both, I guess you would say. I didn't want to be specific because I don't want to scare anyone off - cumin has rather a bad rep to me, I like it. But it's definitely a presence in a blend, usually.

I am not a fan of chocolate to begin with (except white chocolate, yum) and I definitely amped the chocolate in this one. So much so that it is all I smell, everything else gets drowned out. My mother tried it on though and it smelled wonderful on her, I was a bit jealous!

I can't wait to smell this one...

I'm a big fan of McQueen's Kingdom - roses and a touch of cumin. (Notes include Neroli, Ginger, Rose, Jasmine, Cumin, Sandalwood, Copahu Wood, Myrrh) There is a VERY funny description it got one one of the perfume boards which I will refrain from quoting (but you can msg me if you really wanna know)

I am *hoping* this is just as nommy!

ETA: Ok, this is an "I'm not sure yet" on me... It does start out with a very sharp note (I'm guessing it's the cumin/peppers). It persists through the very yum chocolate note...my skin projects spices quite a bit though. Going to let this one 'age' for a bit and try again.

Edited by katz

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to love this so badly, but on my skin it's one massively epic fail. The watermelon and chocolate notes clash from the beginning, but I still had hope. Finally I ended up amping the dastardly chile pepper to no avail. For the record the same thing happened to me with Conjure Oils' Vanilla Fire which has a very similar chile note. It ends up smelling way too savory on me to be a perfume. I'm so disappointed because I love the thick chocolate/patchouli/resinous background but the chile just ruins it in the end.

• 2 years later...

OHMYSTUFFINGGOODNESS! This jumps out of the bottle all chocolate snuffleupagous and then the fruit comes forward and it's all chocolate covered fruity delightful scarfalupagous nommy-nom! AND THEN like 45 minutes in the spices start to show up and it becomes something else entirely, something I never experienced fonduing fruit anyway, but it's DELICIOUS none the less! It's the spices that make it familiar and strange (read new) all at the same time. It's not a heat spicy but it isn't fall spicy...think Indian spicy. This is a HUGE win!

• 2 weeks later...

Wore (slathered actually) this one today and was complimented by several men about how good I smelled. I had been going over something with a co-worker and was heading to my desk when another worker who walked up asked me not to leave - that I smelled so good he just wanted me to stay by him while he was there because I smelled so great And he wasn't the only one who had trouble leaving me be today LOL! It didn't hurt that I was decked out in a hefty dose of alpha-nol and cops! :Emoticons0424: I know...no fair huh? MUHAHAAAAAA!!!!

This one is SO crazy! Crazy, fruity, chocolatey, spicy goodness! It's all gooey chocolate covered fruit - sweet, ripe fruit - and then spicy WOWNESS! And there I was snoffling up the air with delectable goodness...I was a distraction even to myself - in a good way :D

I really love this one and used it all the time when I first got it but then suddenly it went MIA, and I found my culprit my daughter she absconded with my bottle and this baby is half empty. She is trying to decided if she wants to pick up another bottle during the sale (with her babysitting money)…

It makes me happy that these oils bring her such happiness as they do me….

Such fun.

• 11 months later...

They aren't anything alike, IMO. This is a fruit salad blend with a spicy finish, and the chocolate is much softer and lighter than in don't be afraid. The scent I would say is even remotely similar to don't be afraid is Blackstone.