Jo Anna's Tropical Getaway

Jo Anna

Wow! This turned out exactly as I wanted. Mara, I don't know how you do it so perfectly every time.

The initial smell I get seems greenish like the greens surrounding the flowers; it adds a freshness that prevents the floral aspects from dominating the scent and overpowering it. Later, the tuberose and white ginger develop into a beautiful and delicate floral scent just like your catching their scents in the wind around you. The sugared pineapple adds soft sweetness to the overall scent. What a beautiful combination. It's a soft lightly sweet floral that is perfectly blended. Brilliant!

This was a great idea Jo Anna; my main fear was that this would be too tuberose-heavy but it's gorgeous!

I love tropical scents, I really do - despite my issues with white florals - and I was hoping this would work on me and it does! The white ginger and tuberose are perfectly balanced to me and given such a pretty aura with the sugared pineapple, a juicy little shine. This one is really deep and rich on me, but then again tropical flower scents tend to be.

Jo Anna, your idea was the most perfect use of Tuberose I have ever experienced. Soooo clever. I never would have thought of the combo as I am not generally a Tuberose fan. But mixing it with the tropical notes was so smart of you and it came out gorgeous. Truly, authentically tropical feeling. All the credit for this one is due to you. Fabulous idea, Honey, and I am glad you are enjoying it! :)

sounds SO tempting :) , I know if I don't order it, I'll wish I did !

• 3 months later...

I was really surprised that this didn't get too floral on me. It's so beautiful and soft, not overpowering at all . I got pineapple first then it became a sugary soft white floral. I'm amazed at the softness of it. It's a perfect floral for me. Florals get really loud on me which tend to make me nauseated as they seem to fight and scream for attention, however the florals in this played nicely and remained soft and shimmery. I really love this and am glad I nabbed a bottle. It's very feminine and shimmery. I am going to love this in the winter when it rains, then I could feel like Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon- when they are trapped in that 3 story luxury condo made out of bamboo and a shoe. Ooh now it's become tropical sugar and now it's Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon when she's wearing that white lace veil on her head during Christmas or was that when they were getting married? Did they get married on the Lagoon?

• 7 months later...

Bought a spray of this unsniffed since I thought I would love it. Straight off it's tuberose and a whiff of very sweet pineapple, time tempers the tuberose a little and it grows creamier as it dries, beautiful, then the ginger moves in and the pineapple is there, but to a lesser degree. I kept sniffing my arm with this on.

It's like touching someone who has beautiful skin, if that doesn't sound crazy.

I love this as much as I hoped.

• 1 month later...

OMG!!! I can't believe how much I love this one. I got a sniffee and I've made it last a few days. I smelled mostly sugared pineapple and some absolutely beautiful unidentifiable notes. I tried to find this in the PE section so I could understand what I was smelling but alas!!!! Found out the hard way that it is GGG. Then I searched for the reviews and imagine my surprise that it is tuberose as I would think this would be way to floral for me.

Wow. This is such a beautiful summery scent and I love Mels idea of getting it in spray for a summery pick me up!

I'm kind of glad I didn't know it was gone so I enjoyed it without the guilty feeling that I should hoard my lil sniffee!!!

It really is! Makes me feel happy. Plus it lasts forever on wool. I sprayed my big cardi and the scent lasted forever. I have one spray, one ten ml and another on the way. I think that'll do me, so any future trades i will leave for you, i think that should do me!

• 4 years later...