Can Fragranced Linen Spray be used as body spray?

WildAutumn

Just what the title says. :) Can I use a fragrance in the Fragranced Linen Spray and spray it on myself? I am loving some of the scents but am finding too much scent in general/too strong a scent, as with oils, is giving me headaches. (I'm prone to them anyway, BTW...just sensitive.)

Since it's in a water base I'd assume it's skin-safe. I have some (scented with Delicious Wood) but I've never tried it on me because I don't have that issue.

Do you get headaches even when you wear just a little bit of the oil (like one dab on your wrists or neck)?

Edited by luna65

NO! Absolutely not.

The solute for the linen sprays is not for use directly on the skin.

The supplier of the base does not even supply a list of the ingredients because there is no intention of using it on the skin.

We use 20% solute, and add that to distilled water and perfume. The water and perfume are of course skin safe, but the solute is not.

There's no problem with you mixing distilled water with your perfumes to dilute them at home. You'll just have to shake the bottle each time you use it. You can get 1oz plastic spray bottles at the pharmacy or market and they will work fine.

Hmm, but one could spray the linen spray on the outside of the clothes before putting them on, perhaps?

This is absolutely correct. Clever girl.

:)

I would spray, and then allow the cloth to dry on the hangar, then put it on.

I just have no idea what is in the solute. I have called the company and all they will say is that it is a SECRET, and not intended to be used directly on the skin.

After the liquid has dried, there should be no danger. And I doubt there is all that much danger to start with really, because the supplier is world renowned primarily as a flavor company, but as they won't budge on the secret information, I'm just going with what they tell me.

Thank you...Yes, I'm having this issue with any actual oil fragrance. Ughhhhh. The scents are so so nice but I can't seem to handle anything any more...well, except cops! :)

This is absolutely correct. Clever girl.

:)

I would spray, and then allow the cloth to dry on the hangar, then put it on.

I just have no idea what is in the solute. I have called the company and all they will say is that it is a SECRET, and not intended to be used directly on the skin.

After the liquid has dried, there should be no danger. And I doubt there is all that much danger to start with really, because the supplier is world renowned primarily as a flavor company, but as they won't budge on the secret information, I'm just going with what they tell me.