EST, the swing set pole

Ugh sorry for the empty post above but I'm still having the rte problem, can't fill in text in certain text boxes on this device. So, my question:

Ok so guys I need advice/opinions. I need more cb in my life, want to boost something with it, but i have the swingset-pole smell problem with the EST in it, with most of the things I cover it with... it's slight, and it's not a TERRIBLE smell, but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

I think of Eternal chain though, and how there is never any metal smell with that, not even in the vial. why do y'all suppose that is? - is it the floral or the fruit? Probably the fruit?

If so, - so maybe something like LP spring 2011 could do the trick, covering the EST (*and* being able to handle the cops too)?

I also want more whoopsy daisycake in the sale. Im pretty confident it could handle the cops... Do yall think it could handle the EST too?

I don't like resins so no recommendations in that direction plz :) only interested in foody options... Thank you as always in advice for teh wisdoms...

Edited by tyvey

I think of Eternal chain though, and how there is never any metal smell with that, not even in the vial. why do y'all suppose that is - is it the floral or the fruit? Probably the fruit?

So maybe something like LP spring 2011 could do the trick, covering the EST (*and* being able to handle the cops too)?

Eternal chain reminded me of Lady luck! Might be the sweet fruit combo that covers the smell??? If Shelly B's Bodacious Bomb hide Sexpionage then i assume many of LP's fruit blends can hide almost all pheros???

I'm wondering if LP Silver or any of the new minty scents would do the trick to cover the icy metal scent.

But on reading your post the second time round, I realise that you're talking about CB which has cops and I'm uncertain if they will do the trick. Sorry, you'll probably have to stick with fruity scents then!

Yeah, it does, perfectly. What KIND of fruit do you find to be best specifically for covering the EST (I know what to do about the cops, lol)? citrus? berry? peach?

I looove Kittenish but too afraid to experiment & fail w/my very limited amount.

Really sweet fruits, like strawberries, peaches, pears. My Ed Hardy covers it perfectly with no trace of cops, no est. Mamelons de Cherise covered it for about 95% of the day, but right before it was time to go home, the est said hello again. I wish I could comment on citrus, but anything I wore with citrus also had some stronger notes like sandalwood or musks or strong florals that might have done the heavy duty. I think I have some Clinique Happy somewhere. I might do an experiment to see how that works.

ETA: Looked up the notes in Ed Hardy: "Tropical Mango, Wild Strawberries and Ruby Red Grapefruit vintage floralcy with a Rock'n Roll Edge brings a dark eeriness including Black Freesia. This contrast of floralcy merges into a background of Hot Skin and Warm Soulful Amber."

Edited by BlueBear

PS Tyvey. I wore my CB with Clinique Happy, and it worked. (Minus the fact that i smelled like a 13 year old.) I'm not sure what all is in it, but it's heavily citrus smelling on me, so citrus may be a good cover! I think because it's so sharp, the Est sharpness just blends right in.

BRILLIANT, thanks for the tip. I'd actually been thinking about Lady Frost too.... I'm experimenting today with layering slathers of unCB and Candy Apple Cutie -- so far so good.

I am far too impatient to wait for drydown so I always just put them on at same time and moosh all together. I know, I know, it'd work better if I waited for full drydown and then covered, but that would require me waking up 20 minutes earlier and that is never gonna happen.

Yeah, I've had great success with Pomme de Poison, but since it's just a hint of apple on me, I figured it was something else that really did the covering. Can't wait to hear how that works. I'm considering adding Candy Apple Cutie to my aresenal!

I'm also impatient, and I, too, will choose sleep over most other things. (Including food, makeup, and/or hair. :goldfish5: ) What I've started doing is applying my CB right before i walk out the door. It takes me 20 min minimum to get to work, so as I'm walking in, I apply my cover. Of course, I do drive alone in my car...this may not work if you carpool!