Hi, introducing myself here

Sylah

Hi, I'm new here and would like to say hi to everyone. A friend of mine introduced me to this site and I'm ecstatic. I've been given a few samples of LP perfume and can't wait to try them, also a bottle of Open Window. I did try that today - but I spose I should put that in the reviews?

I'm magically inclined and make jewelry in silver and other metal for Pagans - so these perfumes are going to be an incredible addition to my whole lifestyle. I actually joined last week, but my friend didn't say anything about introducing myself until yesterday. I apologise if I seemed to be a 'lurker' or some random spammer - not my intention at all! I just got really excited. Sorry for any misunderstandings . . . :)

WELCOME SYLAH!!!!! :):D:D You will have an amazing time here!!!!!!!!!! What kind of fragrance are you into??? Floral/ Foody/ herbal?? Love to see your reviews and comments!!!!!!!!! :Hug_emoticon::D:D

Hiya :Hug_emoticon: ... welcome here! You have found the best place to be,and finest group of caring and sharing people I have had the pleasure of getting to know ... LPMP creations are top of the line !!! :) Would enjoy reading your opinions of Open Windows as you experiment with it, it is one of my favorites :Hug_emoticon:

Hiya :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co ... welcome here! You have found the best place to be,and finest group of caring and sharing people I have had the pleasure of getting to know ... LPMP creations are top of the line !!! :( Would enjoy reading your opinions of Open Windows as you experiment with it, it is one of my favorites :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Wore it, got laid. :angelstar-kaos058: :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Thank you all for your welcome! :( I'm just lovin' the love. I was given sample vials of: Pandamaniac; OCCO - Blue; Fayha; Carolyn's Vanilla Amber & Fig; Shelly B's Naughty, Sweet & Dirty; Christine's Grapefruit Cinnamon & Sugar; Lorien's Blueberry Bomb; Rosebud's Pumpalicious; The Sand Witch; Jo Anna's NOM! NOM! NOM!

I'm unsure of the wisdom of wearing food aromas. I don't want my . . . "interest" being taken up with thoughts of cake, cookies and confections. I just had to do the three c's!

Personally, I like woods, mosses, spices, resins and only a very few flowers. I like Ylang Ylang; but I notice that these are also structured like a perfume with a whole lotta ingredients that create layers like a fashion house perfume. I like that. I'm not a "flowery" girl - single flower scents are mostly a disaster on me. But a few I can wear and a couple of those I like.

Pheros - I have some from another company and want to be careful about whose. I don't know if you guys discuss other companies products on here; so I didn't want to say. But I will if its ok. Whatever. I just don't want to get in trouble before I've even made a friend!

I had a website, but it's offline right now due to money probs. I got pix, tho. I've only jus started w/it. Air, earth, fire and water pendants in round and triangular formats - triangles are kinda unisex. A horned god and Isis pendant. Going to expand when there's cash! But I put pix up on imageshack, the name of the business:

Pagan Icons

Also have the next 50 or so pieces worked out. I do some intense research not only in the library access in America, I speak with and have writing relationships with English, Italian, Gypsy, Outlander, beliefs - just to name a couple. Amulets and talismen ( I like it for the plural) one of a kind custom stuff - I've made with intention and dedication (neutral dedications) but it's a recession! So I have to wait! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

But the plans are there and so is my access to gemstones! So even the most basically new practitioner can have the items they need.

Oh! I'm sorry - was that way too much in the "Shameless Self Promotion" category? I'm sorry; if it offends I'll take it down or heavily edit - whatever is appropriate.

And yes, now I'm truly addicted. I love smelling awesome. I love unique perfumes. I used to layer specific essential oils on my skin - I just had the thought the other day of how to make a perfume from my fave 2 - and got introduced to here! I've tried to answer all your questions in one place - that's why the massive post.

Edited by Sylah

Personally, I like woods, mosses, spices, resins and only a very few flowers. I like Ylang Ylang; but I notice that these are also structured like a perfume with a whole lotta ingredients that create layers like a fashion house perfume. I like that. I'm not a "flowery" girl - single flower scents are mostly a disaster on me. But a few I can wear and a couple of those I like.

For perfume suggestions..

Spice (not too foody): LP Red, Spontaneous Combustion

mosses + woods: Pendragon (my favourite), New, velvet moss

Resins: Ego Boostier, Rapturous Reverie, Remind Me Again

Enjoy your journey in LP land! :(:):019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Edited by bumbob

You can also narrow down your scent choices by plugging in the information or effect you want: see here:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/

You just click on "perfumerie" in the left hand column on the home page.

Also, by Nessie do mean that sock puppet thingy on the left? I get that too. He sits there and shakes his head,, YOu can click "toggle side panel" in the lower lefthand corner of the dialog box to get rid of that. :-)

I'm unsure of the wisdom of wearing food aromas. I don't want my . . . "interest" being taken up with thoughts of cake, cookies and confections. I just had to do the three c's!

Well you can look at it this way: it's not that the person will be distracted by gourmand scents so much as those scents will enhance your own special appeal with that person (especially male: most - though not all - men love foody scents). But if it makes you uncomfortable to wear gourmand scents then there's plenty of other types to enjoy.

Edited by luna65

Welcome, Sylah! :D

Love your designs! Hope you get your shop up and running again soon!

IMO, delicious smelling scents make people orally fixated, get their mouths watering and make them want to get their lips on you. Some people do not like to be slobbered on, but I love being treated like dessert. :blush:

IMO, delicious smelling scents make people orally fixated, get their mouths watering and make them want to get their lips on you. Some people do not like to be slobbered on, but I love being treated like dessert. :D

umm,yeah...I cannot count the number of times I have been told 'mmmmmm,you smell good enough to eat",with lots of nuzzles to follow :lol: with and without double meaning implied :blush:

While it it not *forbidden" ,like at some places,ahem,and even censored/deleted...I think it is disrespectful to talk of other companys phero blends...this is my personal opionion.I have had success with and not had success with other products,and have chosen to do my business here :)

Like I said: I'm loving the love. Thank you all so much for your welcoming posts! Now I'm going to answer all of you in the one post - again! :001_302:

bumbob: I'm gonna copy that list and put in my notepad. I'm being given Spontaneous Combustion! Can't wait. I like the Open Window - will review it for you, just to give my opinion (and maybe brag a little);

rag on: Yes, the Nessie Sock Puppet was wiggin me out for a minit. But I've decided to make it my friend. I saw the filters - I had trouble figuring out - nevermind. I have real blond moments sometimes.

perfumesniffer: I want to write those things to some peoples who will know what I'm talking about and get it. I'm not sharing the power with any of the chix I know. So I have to be able to tell someone I 'know'. And that knows what it is.

ravenwing: I don't know if you got that I made a link for you to have a look at some pix. There on imageshack; and the "Pagan Icons" on the line by itself is the link.

luna65: If you look at that sentence another way, it reads in the first person as well. I kindof got a little slick in my own head with that one. :sock puppet shaking no ha: The concept of whether or not I would be distracted by the food to hunger and would I be licking my own arm? :shocked:

Potion Master: It will be soon. But I still make and sell outside of that. I have no problem with selling without my website. Whatever was in the pix can (or is already) made. That was my starting point, word of mouth. I even designed a Triple Goddess for the Southern Hemisphere. Did you know the moon doesn't do this )O( south of the equator? It does this (O) !!!! So I made a moon phase like a lotus . . .

Calli: Your view is exactly what I was talking about. Since it offends; I will leave it unsaid.

Thank you all for your welcomes - they're totally appreciated.

Welcome to the family!

I don't mind gourmand scents, but my man is not very fond of them, so I wear them very rarely. Fruity scents are ok with him, but full-on creamy, cakey scents and such don't do anything for him. That's ok with me, because my preferences have always been the deeper, darker scents anyway.....I am one who also has to be very careful with most florals, as my skin can do some horrific things to many of them.

Anyway.....welcome! Hope to see you around more often!

IMO, delicious smelling scents make people orally fixated, get their mouths watering and make them want to get their lips on you. Some people do not like to be slobbered on, but I love being treated like dessert. :shocked:

umm,yeah...I cannot count the number of times I have been told 'mmmmmm,you smell good enough to eat",with lots of nuzzles to follow :A002: with and without double meaning implied :sock puppet shaking no ha:

REALLY??!! :001_302: How nice to be treated like dessert!!!! I haven't tried much of foodie scents around guys... should do that to see their reactions!!! >.<

Edited by bumbob

luna65: If you look at that sentence another way, it reads in the first person as well. I kindof got a little slick in my own head with that one. :) The concept of whether or not I would be distracted by the food to hunger and would I be licking my own arm? :surprised:

:lol:

Yes I have warned against that in a few of my descriptions over the years!

Welcome aboard. I never thought I was into as many scents as I have been introduced to here.

I have always been very picky about perfume~ although I did love Exclamation when I was 14, and Charlie because I was obsessed with Cindy Crawford..

I have come to love foody scents and all the other wonderful concoctions LP conjures up.

I'm pretty new to pheros and artisan oils. I can guarantee you will not find another company that treats its customers like long time friends and family.

Once I tried another company's phero. One time. Just because I read it on the pheromone area and wanted to compare. There is NO comparison. The bottle was ugly- very generic, and smelled awful. I emailed the company asking a question about one of their products and the seller just did not seem too interested in me. To me, when you have a company everything from the website to the labeling should be beautiful. First impressions are crucial when you're running your company online. It's not like you are going to pass by that shop again on your way to work or at the mall.

You are going to love it here. I love everyone on this forum. We're like family, but not that creepy kind of family like Sister Wives or 19th wife.

We're like family, but not that creepy kind of family like Sister Wives or 19th wife.

WE ARE FAMILY!!! As the song goes... :):):) Yup Sylah, you'll have a great time here!!! :Hug_emoticon:

I still find Nessie a little disturbing . . . where or in what category should I put my review of Open Window? I can't seem to decide where it fits best . . .

I can't seem to decide where it fits best . . .

There are assigned subforums for reviews depending on what it is. Whatever you're trying, there's already a thread for it on the forum.