• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, this is required listening:

"Closer" live from the Lights in The Sky tour, 2008

As a longtime NINnie, I am of the opinion that "Closer" is a song which sounds best live. Back in 2005, Trent changed the arrangement a bit, just before the through every forest, across the trees spoken word section, he added in a bit of "The Only Time" from Pretty Hate Machine and it's So Damn Cool. I think it's a funny shout-out to the old school fans, the ones who don't actually like "Closer" that much. :)

Plus, this version of the live band kicks ass ten ways to Sunday.

Okay, I have a story for this but it's not done yet. I was trying to hold off but it might be a little while so anyway...this is kinda weird on me:

-Vanilla-honey is not playing so nice (which happens on me but not all the time, sometimes it does work but I dunno).

-Ginger is very potent, almost smoky, in combination with the leather. I like cardamom and leather, but ginger and leather may not work as well on me.

-It keeps morphing. One day it reminds me of Naughty, Sweet & Dirty, one day it reminds me of G-String, one day I don't know what the hell it is.

As I mentioned in the Designing August thread, this is my ultimate NIN fuck song:

"Vessel" from Year Zero

But also this:

"Deep" from the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider soundtrack

http://youtu.be/IO4i8uObLKM

instrumental verison of "Deep" (probably my favorite NIN track to listen to this decade)

First of all, this is required listening:

"Closer" live from the Lights in The Sky tour, 2008

As a longtime NINnie, I am of the opinion that "Closer" is a song which sounds best live. Back in 2005, Trent changed the arrangement a bit, just before the through every forest, across the trees spoken word section, he added in a bit of "The Only Time" from Pretty Hate Machine and it's So Damn Cool. I think it's a funny shout-out to the old school fans, the ones who don't actually like "Closer" that much. :lol:

Plus, this version of the live band kicks ass ten ways to Sunday.

Okay, I have a story for this but it's not done yet. I was trying to hold off but it might be a little while so anyway...this is kinda weird on me:

-Vanilla-honey is not playing so nice (which happens on me but not all the time, sometimes it does work but I dunno).

-Ginger is very potent, almost smoky, in combination with the leather. I like cardamom and leather, but ginger and leather may not work as well on me.

-It keeps morphing. One day it reminds me of Naughty, Sweet & Dirty, one day it reminds me of G-String, one day I don't know what the hell it is.

As I mentioned in the Designing August thread, this is my ultimate NIN fuck song:

"Vessel" from Year Zero

But also this:

"Deep" from the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider soundtrack

http://youtu.be/IO4i8uObLKM

instrumental verison of "Deep" (probably my favorite NIN track to listen to this decade)

Must remind self to play linkies later @home!! Though I'm already of a Friday kind of mood...would be a tad risky here at work!

I am still a weenie. Ordering a sample first Afraid of the pear and leather

That's not weenie-ish! I tend to be VERY careful of notes that just don't agree with me, even if they're only said to be present in small amounts. A sample first is the way to go. :thup

Sex on a Stick (that's one of my favorite phrases, lately)! I get the pear with spices at the veeeery beginning, then the pear hides until later drydown, where it returns a teeny bit to smooth things out. When the cops calm down and Closer really melds with my chemistry, this is Oh. My. God. It's rich and woodsy and spicy and...kinda dirty/sweet...and round. Whoa. At first, before the cops chilled out, I was afraid this was going to go into my scary Jouir De skin chemistry territory. It most certainly DID NOT.

This is enticing and darkly beautiful!

(OMG this really makes me want to hide behind an amp stack with Mr. Matt and *try* not to tip the stack over. Heh.) :banana058::banana058:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I tried a smidge of this last night when I opened my goodies. I liked but I think I only smell vanilla and musk. I don't even smell the cops, but the scent smells like sex, so maybe that IS the cops haha. Will add more later.

well this morning I SPILLED Closer on my forearm so smooshed it on my torso and tried to spread it out. When I came downstairs my son smiled like he'd discovered the source and said, "Wow you smell like one of those perfume thingys they put in the urinals!"

After drydown and about an hour later he told me , "oh it's much better now."

ME: (hopeful) "really?"

HIM: "yeah, now it just smells like chemical."

Whatever........my daughter liked it. She told me I smelled like a scented candle but in a "good" way.

.............HIM: "yeah, now it just smells like chemical."

Whatever........my daughter liked it. She told me I smelled like a scented candle but in a "good" way.

Well, there ya go! Your son's This-is-my-Mom brain chemistry was working, so he would NOT perceive you as nommable. Your daughter, being a fellow female, might appreciate the beauty of the scent. Maybe...? My eldest daughter always liked the way Jouir De smelled on me. Whenever I wear cops, my daughters follow me around and want to talk, whereas my son does not.

Well, there ya go! Your son's This-is-my-Mom brain chemistry was working, so he would NOT perceive you as nommable. Your daughter, being a fellow female, might appreciate the beauty of the scent. Maybe...? My eldest daughter always liked the way Jouir De smelled on me. Whenever I wear cops, my daughters follow me around and want to talk, whereas my son does not.

I wonder if this could be because your daughters recognize it as a 'smell of mom' - i.e., that that smell is distinctly that of their mother (as you are probably the first cops they ever smelled) and so, on a subconscious level, it makes them more comfortable because it is a smell they remember way down in their memories from the time they were newborns?

I didn't express that as well as I wanted to, but you know, as a female bonding thing. It makes sense, kind of?

Someone somewhere on the forum described Sexology (scented) as "a massage for the brain". That is exactly how I feel about Closer. It relaxes me, makes me feel cozy and safe and mellows out my brain. I've been wearing it almost every night for bed, it is embedded in my sleep shirt, it is the first scent I have considered getting two bottles of right off the bat.

I mentioned before that on paper I should hate this scent but somehow everything works for me here. The honey and musk miraculously smell heavenly on me, the vanilla mellows it out and the whole thing is just devastatingly sexy. Pear is one of my favorite smells but I don't smell any in here. But who knows? Maybe it does something to the other ingredients that makes me like them when I usually don't. I also could swear I smell cinnamon or clove although that is not in the ingredients.

It was also mentioned to me that I smelled like a candle, I think candles are romantic and sexy so I definitely always take that as a compliment!

I haven't tried it yet but I believe it was Wildautumn who suggests blending Closer and LP Red and I think this would be an amazing combo. Looking forward to trying this.

This is my favorite Sexy/Night scent ever!! ( although there is no doubt I will wear this during the day when it gets a little cooler).

I was just thinking about that this am- someone talking about some very intriguing-sounding combos of Closer w/other things -- can't find them now -- Wildautumn, or whoever it was, please remind?

I wonder if this could be because your daughters recognize it as a 'smell of mom' - i.e., that that smell is distinctly that of their mother (as you are probably the first cops they ever smelled) and so, on a subconscious level, it makes them more comfortable because it is a smell they remember way down in their memories from the time they were newborns?

I didn't express that as well as I wanted to, but you know, as a female bonding thing. It makes sense, kind of?

I agree. It makes sense. PLUS, it's a a lovely bit of comedy because daughters want to talk to me all night, but Mr. Matt wants to f*** me. Contrary agendas. Heh. :)

Oh and I, too, am finding Closer to be a rather relaxing, kicked-back evening kind of thing. The kind of evening that could easily turn into wildness. But still, on its own--without some fun provocation--it's nice and warm at long drydown. But then, I do find cops sort of relaxing...

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Having worn this several times now it's settled down into a similar progression on me:

sugary honey-vanilla/OMGCOPS/spicy leather going slightly sour/honey-vanilla finally behaves.

I think it's the combination of the honey-vanilla (which doesn't always play nice) and the ginger which end up just being so wonky. In the way in which some of you can't deal with Jouir de, that's how Closer smells on me to begin with but after about an hour it's really nice and cozy, sort of like Claudia's Honeyed Vanilla Musk (which my skin does love) but sweeter, somewhat.

Wahh!! I was so excited about this one, and it smells so yummy in the vial, but it's just all pear on me. Tons & tons of pear, pear everywhere, all the time. Boo :lol: I should gift to a friend... I would love to smell it on someone whose skin plays nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I get no vanilla. I smell leather, honey and resins, a lot of resins. I am not one of those it smells like incense as a fragrance descriptor people but on me this really does smell like incense. Poop, I was sure I would love this one. Off to the trade pile.

Cops. And then a leather whip with a pear handle (my skin does poorly with fruit notes in general). And then some baby powder (that's what happens to most honeys on me). Shadow made a face and said he preferrred Glistening Buttons.

(pouts)

So if anyone wants to swap my Closer for their Glistening Buttons, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well ....

what to say that hasnt been said?

this, my friends, is the real question.... on THIS forum!!!!

Closer seems to be a morpher on everyone.

I see no across-the-board agreement,other than the word sex like 100 times.

Or more.

On me, its leather-spice-musk and only a hint of vanilla.

I smell ZERO cops, and it has been on for a few hours.

It definately smells different after atleast 15 minutes...its as if the heat of your body shape-shifts it into your sexxay stalker.

I say this, because im looking hot to myself right now,hahahaha.

No ,no, thats not me looking at myself in the mirror!

Stalking is wrong...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This one is sinful....it does make me sing in my head: ¨I want to f*ck you like an animal..I wanna feel you from the inside...¨

It does have that sense memory of rutting in the sheets with a lover, your body smells mingling with your perfume...

It is very similar to Pherogirl, but I think Closer has a fleshy sexual nature with hints of sweetness, whereas Pherogirl smells more like raw sex to me...

I love how the pear and the leather stand out from the honey...I don't know why I just tested this sample, should have done this before and purchased a bottle before it was gone....The pear gives it that sinful sweetness and the leather gives it that fleshy vibe...

These honeyed potions Mara creates make me horny, just from the sampling...Cops are barely noticeable....this potion is a gem!

It is very similar to Pherogirl,

I just noticed this yesterday. I wore Pherogirl for the first time in a looooong time (too many new distractions) and all day I thought..."I love this! But what does it remind me of?!" And finally it hit me! CLOSER! I am going to do a side by side test today to compare...

These two are the only honey scents that turn out well on me. Closer is one of my favorites of all time. I love pear and I think that is what makes the honey wearable for me and in Pherogirl I think it is the Orange Blossom that brightens it and makes it wearable for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So has anybody had any "hits"/reactions with this? Details!

I just noticed this yesterday. I wore Pherogirl for the first time in a looooong time (too many new distractions) and all day I thought..."I love this! But what does it remind me of?!" And finally it hit me! CLOSER! I am going to do a side by side test today to compare...

These two are the only honey scents that turn out well on me. Closer is one of my favorites of all time. I love pear and I think that is what makes the honey wearable for me and in Pherogirl I think it is the Orange Blossom that brightens it and makes it wearable for me.

Hi, WildAutumn! I'm wearing Rabid today, layered with Closer...I've worn Closer before and yes I do agree with you and MissDarlinCherie that it feels very Pherogirlish, but it doesn't feel as raw and wild as Pherogirl...but it still is a fierce potion! I haven't had any hits yet with this one, but it is just a matter of time...I'm glad to confirm my untrained nose is becoming attuned with LPs, just like yours!

• 2 months later...

I turned a friend on to Closer.....WE wanted to f**k each other

i

This is unique. I really don't know how to describe the scent. I do get some pear and perhaps leather and some spices. It's quite intoxicating scent, making me huff my hand repeatedly but I am not sure if this goes with my personality.

• 1 month later...

I'm really digging the smell of this at the moment. It reminds me a lot of Extracurricular Proclivities, it just has that same "feel" to it. It is very, very sexy. There is the sweet, bright smell of the pear and honey, then there is a real sexiness underneath, which is probalby the cops and resins. I love the spices in this, they are very "soft" spices to me, almost foody. The scent morphs a bit on me, but not as much as it seems to on others, it is more that it goes softer and less "bright" on drydown, which is normal.

My only complaint is I had a male friend smell this and he said he didn't like it :( But then I had a bunch of other samples on, so he possibly didn't get a proper smell. There's also a chance it hadn't had a chance to dry down properly yet and he got a whiff of cops. I'll have to ask a different male for their opinion I think.

• 4 months later...