Dream Lover

salomewilde

I bought a bottle unsniffed, no sample for me ha aha. It wasn't so much dusty cocoa to me the first time as kind of coconutty plastic buttercream, only not the kind made with butter lol, when I wanted orange blossom-neroli-chocolate. This time I wasn't hung up on how it should smell, but like how it does smell instead.

Report back Lady V :D

Have you tried Carolyn's Man Nip? I group these two in the same equation. They smell great, then funk then great again, I think it has to do with the menses as well.

Carolyn's Man Nip...mmmm not for me really. I wore it the other day, but no, it's just not right. I maybe had my period though too, but I think it has that brown sugar thing going on anyway if I remember right. I need sleep..

• 1 month later...

I keep reaching for this bottle more and more and am falling deeply in love. I have hid my special Delivery bottles from myself in order to give other choco scents a chance and preserve my SD stock.. and this is really starting to become a fav.

It is very milky and sweet! Comparing this to Velvet K ~ this one for me has milkiness and is a tad bit sweeter.

This is almost like in between Special D and Velvet K.

Velvet K is a tad darker than Dream Lover, and both have an orange in there that makes it sweet ~ comparing it to Special D~ take out the cherry and replace with an orange and that is Dream Lover.

Make Velvet K a bit milkier and creamier and sweeten up the orange a notch and you get Dream Lover.

Super chocolate heaven!

• 5 months later...

I got a little sniffee of this and decided to sniff it and was transported back to...gosh, 8 or 9 years ago when I used to buy this chocolate lotion. It came in a plastic bottle made to look like a soda bottle (I used to buy their root beer shampoo), made by Circle of Friends. I guess they don't sell it anymore because I don't see that particular bottle on google search (I did find a similar bottle though.)

Very much a little kid rich scratch and sniff sticker in the scent of chocolate; definitely reminds me of the type of chocolate I liked as a kid, and that bring back good memories smelling it.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all! I'm a newbie and this is my first posting. I'm interested in Dream Lover but it was mentioned above that it is similar to Carolyn's man-nip so instead of investing in a full bottle,I prefer the trial size. I purchased a bottle of Carolyn's man-nip to wear over le femme noir and I was not blown away. Lavender and Pumpkin are two very well known scents that arouse man, so I guess it's plausible reason why it did not have a wow affect on me as a woman. I decided that it might only wear it at night with a copulin heavy blend to excite the hubby. I wore it yesterday and it seemed to do the trick.

I'm interested in Dream Lover but it was mentioned above that it is similar to Carolyn's man-nip so instead of investing in a full bottle,I prefer the trial size.

It's really not; they are two different scents, although they might share a similar quality. I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

2010 version: Milk chocolate, definitely. Interesting, this smells sort of boozy to me, not sure what note is giving that impression. On my skin, it loses its chocolate quality and became straight-up cotton with a little vanilla, then over time the balance shifts the other way and vanilla comes out more. It's fine, but it's more of a soft clean scent rather than the sexy one I expected!

Edited by bellumed

• 1 year later...

Got this in a trade from Halo. Wow, this made me smile and sigh a little. This is Saturday afternoon on holiday. Sheets are crisp-white and lightly scented when we return from a morning stroll by the beach. I open the French doors to let the breeze into the room. Everything is a little bit hazy and the waves are just playing with the shore line. I turn and see..Ooooo! Fresh chocolates on the pillows. Nom nom nom..

This scent goes on as chocolate-covered cotton blossom. I'll eat chocolate anything, so that's fine. Within ten minutes, the cotton blossom has faded and I'm left with a phantom Fannie Mae Milk Chocolate Buttercream. Where the hell IS it?! I want chocolate..really good chocolate. Halo, you evil woman! Now I know why you wanted me to have this. Torture! Pure torture! That's it. I'm busting out the Toll House Morsels. Desperate times, people. Don't judge me.

• 4 months later...

I adored my little sniffle enough to order a sample but quickly grew tired of the chocolate which had a tendency to read artificial on me. I did love the brightness of the orange blossom and even though it stopped working well on me I still associate the scent with happiness and youth.