Angel of Spring

liz

This is light and airy on me, I've usually been attracted to "bold" scents, so I was surprised when I ordered a trial size of this one, a bit floral but not overwhelming. It's nice.

Only been a bit over an hour and it's disappeared :) .

Only been a bit over an hour and it's disappeared :rolleyes: .

Oh, Liz, I know how disheartening that can be! My skin does the mysterious disappearing act with many a scent. In fact, even with those that "stick", I think I reapply my scents at twice the normal rate. I have found that the new LP pheromone formulations, with their silicone base of Cyclopentasiloxane (D5), do provide a great foundation on my skin and help scents "linger" and diffuse better.

This one surprised me...like a mountain wildflower meadow - little bit of earthy, woodsy, florally.

Out of all this month's releases, this was my DH's favorite - he kept asking to smell it again.

Unfortunately, it only lasted about 1/2 hour and it was gone....I'm heartbroken. I kept slathering more on and used up nearly the whole vial. I'm surprised since florals usually cling to me just fine!

Oh, Liz, I know how disheartening that can be! My skin does the mysterious disappearing act with many a scent. In fact, even with those that "stick", I think I reapply my scents at twice the normal rate. I have found that the new LP pheromone formulations, with their silicone base of Cyclopentasiloxane (D5), do provide a great foundation on my skin and help scents "linger" and diffuse better.

Do you think I should get it "amped" w/add in's ? I was hoping I wouldn't have to. liz

Do you think I should get it "amped" w/add in's ? I was hoping I wouldn't have to. liz

I believe she is talking about the unscented pheros in a roll-on......not the add-in. The D5 doesn't soak into the skin, and if it is applied first, it seems to help the scent stick better.....it is like it keeps your skin from "eating" it so fast..... I tried this with plain cyclomethicone (no pheros) here at home, and it does seem to help.....

I believe she is talking about the unscented pheros in a roll-on......not the add-in. The D5 doesn't soak into the skin, and if it is applied first, it seems to help the scent stick better.....it is like it keeps your skin from "eating" it so fast..... I tried this with plain cyclomethicone (no pheros) here at home, and it does seem to help.....

You know more about this than I do, simple english :unsure: please. the roll-on you mentioned, is it the stuff from the perfumerie ? like super-sexy or cougar ? liz

You know more about this than I do, simple english :unsure: please. the roll-on you mentioned, is it the stuff from the perfumerie ? like super-sexy or cougar ? liz

Check here http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfume-Pheros.html

There are 10 ml roll-ons, which are basically the same pheros that you can buy as an add-in (super sexy, cougar,etc), but they are already diluted and are unscented so that you can use them layered under any scent that you wish. They run $39.95, which is quite reasonable for straight pheros these days.

Edited by Dolly

Check here http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfume-Pheros.html

There are 10 ml roll-ons, which are basically the same pheros that you can buy as an add-in (super sexy, cougar,etc), but they are already diluted and are unscented so that you can use them layered under any scent that you wish. They run $39.95, which is quite reasonable for straight pheros these days.

You know.... I never checked those out, I thought I'd let Mara do the mixing, but until she starts selling little doll versions of herself (like those pull toys) that says "with cuddle bunny, use super sexy", I better start to learn for myself :) . Thx, Dolly ! liz

ps: I'm not a prude, but am a bit apprehensive about "super sexy", what do you think about "drop your guard" ? oh and .... could those be used with reg retail perfumes ? thx again, liz

Edited by liz

Angel of Spring starts out quite lilac on me - very pretty! and slowly becomes more vanillic or ambery - it lasts about 3-4 hours on me. Most LPs last 8-10 hours or more.

Pretty much the same for me, gone maybe 3-4 hours...but such a happy scent!

You know.... I never checked those out, I thought I'd let Mara do the mixing, but until she starts selling little doll versions of herself (like those pull toys) that says "with cuddle bunny, use super sexy", I better start to learn for myself :P . Thx, Dolly ! liz

ps: I'm not a prude, but am a bit apprehensive about "super sexy", what do you think about "drop your guard" ? oh and .... could those be used with reg retail perfumes ? thx again, liz

Well, I haven't tried "drop your guard", but it sounds similar to other phero retailers' blends that do pretty much the same thing.....I would think that the unscented roll-ons would be appropriate to use with any perfume that you would like......

Yes, those roll-ons exactly. I like the convenience of the already diluted formulations and the versatility of being able to layer them with any scent I desire... so I'm not limited to only those I have with the add-ins nor am I constrained to wear the pheromones when I want to wear a particular scent (i.e., since I don't have the pheromones inside the scent, I can choose to wear the scent with or without pheromones).

I have tried Drop Your Guard, and I would think it would be appropriate for business environments. I don't, however, use it in the classroom as the 'nols tend to make my students too chatty. Not very conducive to teaching, especially when they are already dealing with impulse control issues and distractiblity.

On the other hand, Super Sexy does not contain any cops... so it just adds a bit of Omph to your perfume, kind of like a "glamour" spell in a bottle.

Dolly also made a perfect suggestion about simply using the D5 alone, just in a rollon bottle all by itself. That would provide the "insulation" between your skin and the scent, making it harder for the scent molecules to be absorbed into your skin. You might consider asking Mara if she can sell you a bottle of D5 by itself, or if she can point you in the right direction to obtain some.

Yes, those roll-ons exactly. I like the convenience of the already diluted formulations and the versatility of being able to layer them with any scent I desire... so I'm not limited to only those I have with the add-ins nor am I constrained to wear the pheromones when I want to wear a particular scent (i.e., since I don't have the pheromones inside the scent, I can choose to wear the scent with or without pheromones).

I have tried Drop Your Guard, and I would think it would be appropriate for business environments. I don't, however, use it in the classroom as the 'nols tend to make my students too chatty. Not very conducive to teaching, especially when they are already dealing with impulse control issues and distractiblity.

On the other hand, Super Sexy does not contain any cops... so it just adds a bit of Omph to your perfume, kind of like a "glamour" spell in a bottle.

Dolly also made a perfect suggestion about simply using the D5 alone, just in a rollon bottle all by itself. That would provide the "insulation" between your skin and the scent, making it harder for the scent molecules to be absorbed into your skin. You might consider asking Mara if she can sell you a bottle of D5 by itself, or if she can point you in the right direction to obtain some.

I'd be interested in trying straight D5 too, to see if it stops my skin eating all those yummy perfumes like Wishcraft and New Year's Evil...

May

I'd be interested in trying straight D5 too, to see if it stops my skin eating all those yummy perfumes like Wishcraft and New Year's Evil...

May

Hear hear! I tried Violicious today...again with the skin-eating! Is D5 the same thing as dipropylene (sp?) glycol? Noobie...

Hear hear! I tried Violicious today...again with the skin-eating! Is D5 the same thing as dipropylene (sp?) glycol? Noobie...

D5 is cyclomethicone.....it is used in "dry oil" sprays, and imparts a very silky feeling.

May

May, since I am going to be sending you some soap and such in a bit, would you like for me to send you a bit of cyclo with it? That way, you could see if it works for you.

I'm confused :) ! D5 isn't sold here ? Super Sexy isn't D5 ? liz

Edited by liz

I am considering some of these unscented roll-ons for one of my next purchases as well, for just this reason.

I am considering some of these unscented roll-ons for one of my next purchases as well, for just this reason.

instead of D5 ? sorry, I'm really not this dumb, it's just that I'm very new to this stuff, perhaps I should just rely on my own attractiveness and call it a day :) . liz

Edited by liz

instead of D5 ? sorry, I'm really not this dumb, it's just that I'm very new to this stuff, perhaps I should just rely on my own attractiveness and call it a day :rolleyes: . liz

D5 is simply the dilutant that is in the unscented roll-ons. The add-in pheros are added to the D5 just as they would be added to a potion. That gives you an unscented roll-on pheromone solution. And the D5 helps keep the perfumes from absorbing.

Yes, I'll make that available, as we had to order a HUGE supply of it. We got a very high quality 100% pure variety. (Most of the others we found have a percentage of other filler). I'm experimenting now to see how it works for elongating this scent - one on each hand. It is a delicate scent. It's not that it's weak, it's that the ingredients are light to start with.

What I'm noticing right off, is that the scent is truer to that of the bottle using the D5 (or CPS) as a base. I just made Danna smell each hand (not telling her why) and she said the D5 hand smelled stronger. On the hand without the D5 - the scent is changing, and quickly, according to my body chemistry, but the D5 hand is staying stronger and true.

Yes, I'll make that available, as we had to order a HUGE supply of it. We got a very high quality 100% pure variety. (Most of the others we found have a percentage of other filler). I'm experimenting now to see how it works for elongating this scent - one on each hand. It is a delicate scent. It's not that it's weak, it's that the ingredients are light to start with.

What I'm noticing right off, is that the scent is truer to that of the bottle using the D5 (or CPS) as a base. I just made Danna smell each hand (not telling her why) and she said the D5 hand smelled stronger. On the hand without the D5 - the scent is changing, and quickly, according to my body chemistry, but the D5 hand is staying stronger and true.

That is similar to the experiment I did with some of the cyclo that I have here.....it seemed to work pretty well......

This is great news that you are going to be offering it for sale plain (no pheros) as well......you may have inadvertently stumbled upon a solution to some of the skin chemistry-based scent problems.....

Yes, it was a good suggestion.

Though I have to say, it's been 7 hours since I applied Angel of Spring, and I still smell it on BOTH hands. It's a close to the skin kind of scent I think, but it's lasting a long time.

Mara, thank you for conducting these trials for us, as well as for offering the D5 in a roll-on.

On the one hand, it is desirable for scents to change with our skin chemistry... as long as we feel that our skin chemistry is "behaving". I love how your scents morph and create something so very unique for me. Unfortunately, my skin is a notorious scent-eater! The D5 base (either with our without the pheromones) might be a means of enabling me to wear those scents which inexplicably disappear on my skin. :rolleyes:

Mara, thank you for conducting these trials for us, as well as for offering the D5 in a roll-on.

On the one hand, it is desirable for scents to change with our skin chemistry... as long as we feel that our skin chemistry is "behaving". I love how your scents morph and create something so very unique for me. Unfortunately, my skin is a notorious scent-eater! The D5 base (either with our without the pheromones) might be a means of enabling me to wear those scents which inexplicably disappear on my skin. :(

Same here - thanks! It's like having that perfect pair of jeans, but in a size you don't quite fit into "right now"...having LP scents you'd LOVE to wear, but your skin is "off" a bit. That'd be a great solution!

I just caught up with this post as I was looking for a source of D5 cyclopentasiloxane! I'm such an experiment geek, I wanted to try it.

I agree that generally I like for a scent develop along with my skin chemistry...but I might make an exception occasionally. And you never know - the D5 technically prevents it from absorbing, but doesn't prevent it from heating with our skin temp, so the fragrance might not be static.

I just caught up with this post as I was looking for a source of D5 cyclopentasiloxane! I'm such an experiment geek, I wanted to try it.

I agree that generally I like for a scent develop along with my skin chemistry...but I might make an exception occasionally. And you never know - the D5 technically prevents it from absorbing, but doesn't prevent it from heating with our skin temp, so the fragrance might not be static.

Ah, true! So, we would still have skin temperature morphing... Good point :(

May, since I am going to be sending you some soap and such in a bit, would you like for me to send you a bit of cyclo with it? That way, you could see if it works for you.

Dolly, it would be fantastic if you could... :(

My skin eats a lot of the perfumes here, so it would be great to find something that worked for that.

Best

may

Dolly, it would be fantastic if you could... :(

My skin eats a lot of the perfumes here, so it would be great to find something that worked for that.

Best

may

No prob. And, since I will already be sending you a pkg soon, I will just pop some in there.....

I was thinking of packaging the CPS (D5) in a larger bottle than the little roll-ons. Like two ounce bottles, as you can just slather the base, then roll on the perfume on top. What think you? I can always offer an empty roll-bottle along with it for ease of use if that's what everyone prefers.

I was talking to Mr. Pharmacom about this today, and he agreed that this base should extend the scent of both pheros and perfume on the skin as it doesn't allow the skin to absorb it. He also mentioned that the 96% CPS is considered "industrial grade", whereas we purchased the highest grade; and the industrial grade has a lower flashpoint. (We prefer to keep our products at a very high flashpoint so they are airmail safe, so that's good to hear.)

I was thinking of packaging the CPS (D5) in a larger bottle than the little roll-ons. Like two ounce bottles, as you can just slather the base, then roll on the perfume on top. What think you? I can always offer an empty roll-bottle along with it for ease of use if that's what everyone prefers.

I was talking to Mr. Pharmacom about this today, and he agreed that this base should extend the scent of both pheros and perfume on the skin as it doesn't allow the skin to absorb it. He also mentioned that the 96% CPS is considered "industrial grade", whereas we purchased the highest grade; and the industrial grade has a lower flashpoint. (We prefer to keep our products at a very high flashpoint so they are airmail safe, so that's good to hear.)

I think that sounds fab! :)

may

Dolly, come out, come out wherever you are ! so... would I be using "D5" to have the scent last longer ? or in place of "super sexy" or the others ? liz

Dolly, come out, come out wherever you are ! so... would I be using "D5" to have the scent last longer ? or in place of "super sexy" or the others ? liz

Hi Liz!

The D5 is the chemical component used by Mara as dilutant in the pheromone formulations. One of the properties of D5 is that it is not easily absorbed into the skin; this helps ensure that the pheromones, as well, are not quickly absorbed into the skin.... which keeps the pheromones out in the air, diffusing, for longer... and thereby enhancing their effects.

The D5, alone, without the pheromones added, by itself, can help keep the molecules of the scents themselves on the skin surface, thereby increasing their diffusion capabilities and prolonging their scent life. This will be of benefit with those skin chemistries which "eat" perfumes or with those scents which seem to absorb too quickly.

You can choose to use the D5 either by itself, and Mara is working on offering it to us for purchase by itself. You can also choose to purchase the pheromone blend and get the added bonus of having D5 prolong the scent life of any scent which you layer on top of the pheromone blend.

Since I have one of those skin types which very quickly absorbs scents but I do not always want to wear pheromones, I will be purchasing some D5 to use as an "insulation layer" underneath my scents (actually, almost all of them disappear on my skin very quickly... I tend to need to reapply every two or three hours). I do purchase the pheromone blends in unscented roll-ons and very much prefer Mara's formulations with the use of D5 to the alcohol-based ones I have previously tried for many reasons, one of which is they just feel so much better on my skin.

Hi Liz!

Thx, Chaionlife ! ok... now, could you/would you suggest one of the unscented blends ? I'm impulsive (especially w/online ordering, difficult to return w/o added expense), I just want to be sure of what I'm ordering, you know ?

Thx, Chaionlife ! ok... now, could you/would you suggest one of the unscented blends ? I'm impulsive (especially w/online ordering, difficult to return w/o added expense), I just want to be sure of what I'm ordering, you know ?

You would choose based on your own objectives......super sexy, well, is self-explanatory.......cougar is hot and sexy and attracts.....drop your guard should ease tensions, relax people, and encourage chattiness and good feelings......it's your choice, hun.....

You would choose based on your own objectives......super sexy, well, is self-explanatory.......cougar is hot and sexy and attracts.....drop your guard should ease tensions, relax people, and encourage chattiness and good feelings......it's your choice, hun.....

Have you tried the Cougar pheros in the Cougar grapefruit perfume Liz?

I love Cougar can't wait to try the Super Sexy though!

may

I love Cougar can't wait to try the Super Sexy though!

Both are excellent! And, I find them to be very potent, as well.....