Love Potion: Autumnal Equinox 2011

Tangy, creamy, yummy!!

First spray, bright, tangy, lemony yumminess with the brulee underneath adding a creamy, almost bakery-like feel. The spiciness is very subtle a couple of minutes later, as the scents start to meld.

This will be amazing with cold-weather clothing!! I imagine the warmth of my body warming the scent, and then it hits the cold air...magical!! The vanilla in the brulee along with the marshmallow is so beautiful, almost airy!! But still rich and sweet!!

I have a feeling I will be ordering another bottle of this, perhaps boosted with something like Magnet, or maybe Treasured Hearts!

Tangy, creamy, yummy!!

First spray, bright, tangy, lemony yumminess with the brulee underneath adding a creamy, almost bakery-like feel. The spiciness is very subtle a couple of minutes later, as the scents start to meld.

This will be amazing with cold-weather clothing!! I imagine the warmth of my body warming the scent, and then it hits the cold air...magical!! The vanilla in the brulee along with the marshmallow is so beautiful, almost airy!! But still rich and sweet!!

I have a feeling I will be ordering another bottle of this, perhaps boosted with something like Magnet, or maybe Treasured Hearts!

OOOOh...I like the sound of this review!! Super excited for this!!

It's *quite* strong upon first spritz! I've let it settle down about an hour...and so far I'm sorry to say (and this is TYPICAL for my skin) it's almost ALL apricot and *some* spice. Apricot is one of THOSE notes on me, depending on the rest of the blend can either sit there and LOUDLY declare it's presence, or compliment the rest. In this LP blend it's coming to the fore, and I'm stomping my feets as I want to smell the pumpkin/marshmallow. That part only coming in little wafts so far. I'll see how it settles the rest of the day.

So far,I don't get the spices...oooooo now this is a lot like LP O on me,and how neat to have it in a spray form too,the perfect pocket size and will be awesome as a hair spritzer :Hug_emoticon:

I really really like this one. I love all Autumnal Equinox variants and this particular one is quite awesome. I sprayed this along with all the other Halloween scents, so I do need to give it its due solo application love. This one promises to become one of my favorites of this month's batch.

I really think I'm going to have a hard time determining which is the yummiest blend from this month's releases because they all are. Let me begin wtih this gem. Lots of creamy pumpkin, vanilla and marshmallow come to the fore, with a tang from the apricot and a bit of earthy smokiness from the patchouli. I can tell there are the barest flourishes of apple and lemon just embellishing the whole fragrance, and I think the sweet amber only amplifies the lovely autumnal notes in this. This is the one I chose for full-on wear today. I can't stop smelling myself and I still have 11 more to review including my samples!

This starts out very Classic Love Potion on me: bright and creamy and rich. As it dries down I get a really lovely fall evocation from the base, because I think it's darker than in most other variants (plus I imagine the spice helps with that too). I really love the way it smells on me; it's like that classic vanilla-and-resin blend which people love so much, but without the sandalwood it works so much better on me. Definitely a winner!

This one is FANFUCKNTASTIC!!!! Omg I had to spray my car I love it so much, then I got mad because I didn't want to waste it, but I want to smell it on everything. It's creamy and spicy and a perfect LP Autumn scent. If LP red and LP OG had a threesome with what I imagine Brandy's Pumpkin Fluff to be ~ then we are talking one great smelling SEXY orgy. I love the spice in this, and I haven't really thought about spicy scents too much, I love LP Red, and now I think I am going to have to revisit spice scents. This isn't an overwhelming spice it's a yummy pumpkinish baked apples with nutmeg type of spice. I love it. I think I like spice now. I really love this one. I want to put some on right now, but I am drenched in Rose Cookies, Phantom, and Spin.

I canot believe how different this smells on everyone. On me at first spritz it is wayyyyyy spicy. I mean really really spicy, almost too much. BUT as soon as that spice calms down it is TOTAL LEMON CAKE. Lemony and buttery with a sprinkling of spice. ALL night it reminded me of this lemon cake I got from Winder Farms one year. Now THAT I love! I love lemony desserts.

I am going to try this with Occo Red today as suggested by Lynn, I think that sounds unbelievably divine.

I am wearing this again tonight and I love it even more than yesterday. I didn't get overwhelmed by the spice this time. I swear it was twice as spicy yesterday. Weird. Tonight it is that more creamy vanilla lemon buttery pound cake with a PINCH of spice. It is absolutely perfect. I haven't decided what my favorite of the month is but it may be this.

ok. First things first. WOW!!!! I get this lemony sweet spicy creamy pumpkin right off the hop. It's bright and sweet on me. just a bit of spice. As it dries down i get a bit more spicy, and less lemon. beautiful!!!

MMMMMmmmmmmmm I lurve this. First on its all about the apple and lemon butter, hint of spice and a touch of cream. As it warms the drool worthy brulee comes to the fore with a soft marshmallow back drop and wafts of warm spice floating in and around.

It is lush!

Oddly enough for the first ten minutes upon spritzing it on it reminds me of Trix cereal, very fruity and sugary before it calms down on my skin and the spices start coming to the fore. The apricot is quite loud on me, but it is so well tempered with the brûlée (ooh autocorrect) and spices. Kind of a simmering scent, like a cider. Would love to get a boosted bottle as well. I wrote scent twice, had to come back in and fix, should have had some coffee first!

Edited by piratical dahlia

Oddly enough for the first ten minutes upon spritzing it on it reminds me of Trix cereal,

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT THE SECOND TIME I WORE IT!!!! TRIX!!! :lol:

That is so funny! I couldn't remember the name of the cereal for some reason and it was driving me a little crazy! I was hoping someone else would bring it up. I have been wearing this a lot. Still loving it.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT THE SECOND TIME I WORE IT!!!! TRIX!!! :lol:

That is so funny! I couldn't remember the name of the cereal for some reason and it was driving me a little crazy! I was hoping someone else would bring it up. I have been wearing this a lot. Still loving it.

That's awesome, :) I can't get enough of it, would love a room spray of it as well. Ooh or a tart. So glad someone else is rocking the Trix off the bat.

I also got the Trix similarity at first, then the apricot steps in, and then the cereal kicks back in...I did like the apricot in this, it was a lemony apricot, but there is a note (I can't identify this one!) that precedes the apricot that doesn't blend well with my skin...I can only describe it as something that smells like wheat or flour or oatmeal...I read this potion's description but none of the ingredients seem to resemble this wheaty scent I get...I really liked the buttery Apricot phase in this potion, but when my skin amps the oatmeal thingy it turns out really bad on me...But, I'm soooo happy that other Love Potion varieties seem to love me, and I'm loving them too...

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got my order right? And I put on G&L this morning then I tested Skye High. But I have a purse full of perfume to test and what's a girl to do right?

So I sprayed a single spray inside my sweater (it's a funnel collar so I can huff without it being too noticable). My first thought is "Wow. This is so warm and comforting." I really get a lot of apple from this at first, like apple cider with cinnamon. It's still drying and morphing but I am getting the LP blooming underneath now and it's divine. Oh! The apple is now in the background and the creamy vanilla patchouli is coming out. And an edge of pumpkin with spice.

I love this alot. I can see myself spraying my scarves with it so I can nuzzle my face into them all winter long.

• 3 months later...

Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies, or the Universe because they are trying to tell us something. I must have known I was going to get sick, I packed this in my pack n play. No not the portable crib for babies, my portable sac for perfumes.

I was rummaging obsessed with the Kanary Kremes that fell out of my bag and died looking for something similar and this fell out and hit my hand! OMG YES TO THE TENTH POWER!! lOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEE

I get delicious buttery apple marshmallow spice with a tinge of lemon in the back! What's going on with all this lemon that is coming my way? Then I look at the soup I am eating today that I thought might taste good.. coconut with red curry bisque- with a touch of lemongrass!

My body must be craving lemons and spice! Which would explain the secret drive to Jack in the Box last night for jalapeno poppers that no one knows about

I love this one and have refreshed with it at the office. I smell so yummy!

You know what they say.. when life hands you lemons drive through Jack in the Box for poppers

THIS STILL SMELLS LIKE NUTS ON ME! Cashews and pistachios. And a lot of apricot. I *HIGHLY HIGHLY* RECOMMMEND putting this in your hair. I've been walking around in a cloud of my own unbearably nutty marshmallowy goodness and I cant stand it.

I came trotting over here to *edit* my review, only to find I NEVER REVIEWED IT!!! Jeeze. I make comments about scents over in the potion of the day thread, and then remember the comments as a review. I IZ AERHED.

So anyway, this is sooooooooooooooooo good. I just lurrrrrrve it. It is kind of like a spicy LP Original on me. Kind of. I amp the spices, which is ALL GOOD, being a spice slut. And there's a warm foodiness to it. It's just delicious! But what I was running back to tell y'all is this. At extreme drydown, I get this most amazing sweet skin scent. I never noticed it before! I think I never wore it completely by itself. Anyway, I had a goodly amount on my arms, and never refreshed with *anything.* I got my arm in my face for some reason and WHOA! The spices had faded away, and there was this...sweetness...so very lovely,!!!

• 1 month later...

Mmm. I've been wearing this the last couple days. When we were talking about a lemon cake scent I don't know why I didn't think of this one. But it doesn't sound like it's as lemony on everyone. It is bright and comforting at the same time. I get wiffs of LP OG (or what I remember of it, it's been so long since I tried it) every once in a while behind the spicey lemon cake.

I never got a full bottle because it came in spray and I felt like I should have it boosted with something and then could never figure out what to boost in it. I like the idea of Magnet in this because it is so upbeat but not sure if it would cover the cops because it seems so light.

Still considering this...

• 4 months later...

I am undecided if I want to get a bottle of this unsniffed..or get a sample? I dont really care for apple type scents unless it smells like its well blended.. like along with pumpkin I dont mind..is the apple in this really noticable?

I love the idea of the lemony,cake,spices.and marshmallow notes..especially the marshmallows!

I am undecided if I want to get a bottle of this unsniffed..or get a sample? I dont really care for apple type scents unless it smells like its well blended.. like along with pumpkin I dont mind..is the apple in this really noticable?

I love the idea of the lemony,cake,spices.and marshmallow notes..especially the marshmallows!

This is still a spicy, foody, LP Original-ish, pumpkin-ish, sweet delight on me. I've never gotten apple or lemon from it. Looks like this one is very different on everyone. You *might* want to get a sample first... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I also got the Trix similarity at first, then the apricot steps in, and then the cereal kicks back in...I did like the apricot in this, it was a lemony apricot, but there is a note (I can't identify this one!) that precedes the apricot that doesn't blend well with my skin...I can only describe it as something that smells like wheat or flour or oatmeal...I read this potion's description but none of the ingredients seem to resemble this wheaty scent I get...I really liked the buttery Apricot phase in this potion, but when my skin amps the oatmeal thingy it turns out really bad on me...But, I'm soooo happy that other Love Potion varieties seem to love me, and I'm loving them too...

and again, we are scent-twins, Gaby... I always love this when I first put it on, but it does dry down to a weird flour-y smell. So I end up putting it back in my trade box...

• 5 months later...

'Kayso, I was last in here about 6 months ago. I just spritzed with AE 2011 and all of a sudden I've got more pumpkin! GROOVY! All the other beauties of this are still there...it's just that the pumpkin has matured. Or maybe it's because my skin has matured, which is definitely the case. Hee!!! I still LOVE this. :heart: It's also one I reach for regularly to spritz in my hair. YUM. :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 6 months later...

i scooped this up in the sale. OMG, wonderful. First on, it was like an vanilla milkshake made of LP Original, if that makes any sense. Super creamy and foody. Just the barest hint of pumpkin. Then the spices come out and it is to die for. It smells like the Pier 1 by my house, and I mean that as the highest compliment. The first thing I always do when i walk in (and I go in far more than a person reasonably should) is take a deep breath and smile. I love this for the fall. too bad it's hot out, because with football on the TV, I'm tempted to make up some chili or stew and slather this on!!!!!

Oh I am so glad I got this one in the sale too. I don't know why I didn't get it the first time around. I used up my sample right before the sale started and realized that I loved it. It is especially good in the morning after wearing it to bed .So creamy...I love how you described it as a vanilla milkshake made of LPO. It is spiced lemony on me too which I love. Not the "cleaning product" lemon...the fluffy cakey lemon. I might crack mine open right now even though it is hot and humid.