Love Potion: Autumnal Equinox 2011

I keep forgetting I bought this one from Lady V and I really love this one, I think I'm going to have to do what Luna does and crete themes or at least seasons for how I organize my bottles.

I'm going on a Cider Mill hay ride next weekend, and I think this will be perfect to wear...

• 2 weeks later...

The Oct '13 lp teasers got me in the mood of testing Autumnal first over the other lp trials I received yesterday. Love this sweet juicy apple and spicey cinn lp, had I been around when this came out I would've ordered in oil and spray. My trial is spray and I wanna spray everything with it hair, home etc.. Exactly what I want in a fall staple scent. Sad it's gone, more than reorder worthy I would hoard this, hide this, guard it with my life..

This is a very basic Autumn scent. A definite go to Fall fragrance. A little outdoorsy, a little homey/ foodie and just a dash of warm fall spice.

I get a well blended Autumn scent that wears long but is soft enough to be a personal scent as if I were in and out enjoying all the atmosphere Fall has to offer.

Pretty and comforting. Subtle but noticeable.

I feel very comfortable in this during the day or enjoying it as a sensuous scent in the evening... just cuddling by a fire.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this and I can't believe why it took me this long to get a fb. Perhaps it's because it comes in spray and knowing my usage habit (i prefer oil), I enticipatrd that this might sit there untouched or evaporated before I use a good portion of it.

It resembles trix on wet and it slowly gets deeper and sexier after drydown. I can smell the LP base in this. I use this to scent my hair as well as my scarf so I can take a quick sniff whenever I need a fix.

I'm not an autumn scent person and I usually don't buy any autumn based scents but this ......

• 1 year later...

This was never even on my radar. Another reason I love the sale.... Finding gems like this, that I never even thought of trying! I love this so much! First spray is all about the lemon. Bright, slightly spicy and totally reminds me of autumn in the air. Dry down is so gorgeous! The lemon tames a bit, and out comes a lightly spiced apple-y, buttery, marshmallow brulee. The pumpkin note doesn't scream pumpkin- it gives the perfect amount of spice that just sparkles in the background.

This scent makes me so happy. I can almost pretend that it's not a million degrees outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to chime in and agree with hearts -- yay for the sale and finally getting around to this amazing scent! It is perfectly named and conceived... just right for tipping out of summer and into fall. I get mostly lemon initially, but the pumpkin brulee is not far behind, and I get a lovely snap of ginger. Interestingly, even though this is very foody in the notes I don't get a heavily foodie vibe from it. Often my favorite fall scents are heavily foodie and also quite dark and dense in texture. This is delightfully bright and sparkly. So glad I have a bottle, but sorry I didn't move fast enough to snag a backup!

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, scored my bottle in the sale and I love it! I've been wearing it for the past week in honor of Mabon and it's just perfect. It was a risky one for me to try without sampling first due to the presence of marshmallow (sometimes that note can trigger my migraines) but happily, it was a quiet enough presence not to bother me here. It's spectacularly autumnal for quite a while, pumpkin-y and creamy, just a bit of citrus and spice. Then the base notes after a few hours smell like the classic LP Original drydown to me, which is one of my favorite scents ever. Really glad I took a chance on it!

I got mine in the sale too, I really like the scent. It's definitely great for autumn. I love the LP base in everything, this one after drydown, as mentioned before, reminds me a ot of LP Original, although it's not the same.

It has great through too and I can definitely smell the day after on my clothes. Very nice scent indeed.

I love this as well. I was worried it would smell too much like red or original with spice. But this has its own character. I get Apple at first, lots of spice, but a warm vanilla base. Lasts a good long time. Love this in spray. My new favorite spray!

Yeah, this one's classic. I think this is the only Love Potion variant that my ex ever commented favorably on. All his responses to the rest were "I've smelled that before." Another reason he's an ex, lol.

• 5 years later...

This is so lovely. I have a sniffie of this and used almost all of it up immediately, it was so addictive. It's a candylike apricot with a creamy rich base, with a light hint of apple at the beginning. Mmmm. It brings back memories I'd forgotten until now: when I was a small child, my mom had these apricot skin oil capsules that I loved to play with. I loved squeezing them and making them "explode" - much to her chagrin. One time she came home to find me covered in apricot oil and surrounded by little exploded capsules. I don't think she ever bought them again!

It's strange to think that I've smelled several LP variants with apricot notes, but this is the first LP that made me remember that so vividly. LP Original is mostly vanilla and amber on my skin, with just an accent of apricot. To my nose, this feels closest to the apricot in Honeyed LP - there was something about Honeyed LP that felt very familiar and now I know what it is!