Velvet Kisses with Cuddle Bunny

Velvet kisses is to die for. Any that's left in the trial vial will be meticulously rationed for special occasions. From memory, the chocolate is more of a mocha/ cocoa silky smooooooooth chocolate. I thought there were florals in this, but I just checked. Nope :3 The mandarin feels light and floral to me I guess. The amber and myrrh is purrrrrrr. I can't tell if it's CB's effects on me or effects on the boyfriend, but his hugs when i'm wearing them are different; the make me melt.

Edited by moonholly209

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I took my sample out for testing purposes as I'm thinking if I want a full bottle in my arsenal.

In the vial, this smells very much like the orange-flavoured Cadbury Chocolate that comes with a bright orangy-red wrapper. It covers the EoW in CB prefectly and there isn't a need to wait for dry-down as far as my nose is concerned. The chocolate is a soft milky chocolate to me. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate scents but I have to admit that I have started to pay more attention to chocolate-coffee scents recently.

Velvet Kisses seems to disappear rather quickly on my skin so I am glad that the new batch is made more dense and hopefully it will last longer on me.

• 5 weeks later...

I usually do not like foody scents nor anything chocolatey which is why I opted to purchase a trial vial only, more fool me.

This is absolutely delicious and has most original aroma to it that I have experienced in a long time.

I was so worried this would be all chocolate but the coffee beans combined with the myrrh and amber really round it out and lend to it a depth and maturity that is very womanly. I have never liked chocolate orange but once again the mandarin in this is so delicate that it really just embellishes the scent rather than giving off an over-powering citrus aroma.

CB is probably one of my absolute LP favourites which I will never be without as long as I live (I hope). With CB the scent is gorgeous but more playful, girly, bouncy and it makes me feel all girly and cosy like wearing pretty pink fluffy pjs.

Velvet Kisses is like the older sophisticated sister, less needy and more rounded. The phero content is probably the same but somehow the scent seems to morph the sentiments I get when wearing it. I feel still very feminine but a lot more calm, less frivolous and more nurturing, understanding, mature.

Phero effects seem to also correlate as people seem to listen calmly to me when I wear it and treat me as a knowledgeable lady worth paying attention to.

I am also glad to hear from the above post that the new batch is denser as my skin also did seem to eat this up.

This is definitely something I need to get a full bottle of when I next order.

Bottom line:

Gorgeous, original and sophisticated.

I forgot to order a sample of this in my recent order..Is it full bottle worthy without trying a sample? I love anything chocolate and never tried the cuddlebunny phero either! but it sounds soo good

• 3 weeks later...

The Good: This is best chocolate scent I've tried so far (granted, I've only recently started getting in to chocolate fragrances so my opinions are due to some inexperience), and the secret I believe is how it captured sense of warmth and melty liquidyness of a quality milk chocolate bar that isn't too sweet. Plenty of perfumers should smell it themselves for needed inspiration. I couldn't really pick up the orange or espresso myself, but it smells decadent on me after the dry-down regardless.

The Negative-but a very biased sort of way that has to do with my temperament and not the quality of the product itself: The phero, Cuddle Bunny, clashes with my personality. That being I don't like it when people try to be too helpful, and this seems to encourage it. It basically goes down to my own personal preferences, and I tend to agree more with ones that encourage somewhat more dominant behavior from the wearer. This just seems to make men more polite and helpful, which is kind of boring. Granted, I've only worn it for one day, so I'll try to give it another shot, but I think I'd rather attract a guy who is a bit more... Marsian, if that's the right term for it. I'll give it another whack tomorrow.

The (Too Early) Verdict: I'd like to see a re-brew of this without the pheromones. Sure, Luv Truffle is out now but I'd like something that isn't minty (not that I don't plan on buying a sample of it of course, but it's not the same).

• 2 weeks later...

I love the effect of this, that is to say the effect on me, I seem to snuggle by myself in bed, the scent, not so much. On me it smells a lot like air-dry clay, which maybe is to do with the phero. Yesterday I got a hint of orange, and a little chocolate, today it's mainly the clay scent. Boo :(

My views of this phero are now starting to change, a bit like Far Far Away w/Audacious (but w/differing circumstances, to put it mildly). The first time I wore it some men out there were more like kiss-ass puppies, but now the effects are thankfully more subtle, I think I could wear this semi-regularly since it seems wearing any pheromone blend for me seems to make its effects a bit exaggerated the first time around, but tones down the next few times afterwards. I will have to remember that next time I try out new pheromone blends, try a few more times before reviewing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This scent is nommylicious. You know that smell you get when you walk into a coffee joint in the winter? Yeah. That. Smells like a swirl hot chocolate and coffee. I don't get a hint of orange at all, and that's fine with me!

I only wish the Cuddle Bunny phero worked on me. I have velvet kisses in alcohol spray and I've tried one spray to five sprays and nothing! I've been told that I carry myself very feminine and soft to begin with. And a cousin I grew up used to tell me in throughout middle school and high school that I carry myself very feminine like and at worst weak, and so I look like one of those people that are fun to beat up. I never knew what she meant, but she was a bit of a bully. When I wore this around her with two sprays that I had applied three hours prior she pinched me and smacked my thighs and butt and said, "oooh. I just want to hurt you." Hahaha.

I'm guessing maybe EST just doesn't suit me. I've read somewhere on these boards that EST may make some women seem helplesss, so maybe I'm one of those...But I do fine with heart & soul?

*Sigh* I really love how this smells, was even thinking of getting it in oil unphero-ed...but I'm tempted to just getting phero enhanced because I want the results you girls are having with CB. Boooo. :/

I was thinking that maybe it would work better in smaller amounts...like dab perhaps. Love heart and soul! But CB with people jumping out of their way to do things for you sounds nice every once in awhile. I got none of that though. In fact, I think I might've OD'ed. I kind of felt invisible. From TWO sprays? o__o

I'm not giving yet!!! I'd hate to see this go.

I find this one a little hard to describe. It's not very coffee, which I am glad for. It's somewhat citrussy, particularly when first applied. It has a nice, well-rounded cocoa scent to it. It wears very close to my skin, so it's not at all a "punch you in the nose" scent. I think what I really like about it is actually the Cuddy Bunny. This is the first time I've tried anything with Cuddle Bunny in it, and I find it super relaxing and that it helps my anxiety a whole lot. I find myself craving this one not for the scent, but for the effect. I'm very glad I nabbed a bottle untested.

Oh, this is sooo good. Rich, decadent brownie batter. Chocolate scents tend to smell sweaty on me and sometimes coffee goes bitter but this stays delicious and creamy the entire time. I haven't noticed any effects from the Cuddle Bunny yet other than generally feeling cozy and more comfortable in my own skin. I plan to test this more once the temperature outside cools down a bit.

• 2 months later...

I took my sample out for testing today as I was considering if I wanted a virgin bottle to share with my daughter. My samples are from the original batch while my unopened bottle is the rebrew. I'm still waiting for the arrival of a bottle of the orginal batch from a trade.

Anyhow, the scent still doesn't last on my skin. I love how the scent smells in the vial as well as on wet. The initial burst of chocolate/coffee & orange scent gradually meld with my skin and becomes a soft fluffy scent, kind of like what Halo's Angelique does on my skin. However, this does not last pass the 1 1/2 hour mark.

If my bottle from my trade turns up, I might give my sis my new backup bottle as she is quite tickled by the chocolate/coffee perfume concept. In the meantime, she'll have to do with the Luna's Sungold Mocha which I left behind for her during summer.

I've posted before how effective a phero blend Cuddle Bunny is on Quince, and so I took my bottle of this along on the vay-cay and as expected it turned him into a warm purr-y puddle of happiness. The funny thing sometimes about observing him under the influence of EST is how efflusive it makes him (because he's normally quite taciturn), and he was just exclaiming all over the place how much he liked things. We went to a particular gourmet store in Avalon which has a dessert bar several times and he basically came in his pants over a chocolate torte thingie he had picked one evening and I wanted to just die laughing, it was so adorable. The scent itself seems to remain subtle on me at best in terms of wear but it was nice in that it didn't feel too heavy, given it was fairly warm weather-wise while we were there.

LOL@ Luna Chick ... another I need to wear more often,as I love the EST/cops effect around a certain someone I met recently,who just happens to love chocolate too! :)

JOC,how about Regal Confection for your daughter? that's still my fav LP chocolate scent :wub: or if that is too heavy,Festival of Lights,mmmm chocolate mint.

...ok cocoa break here :lolipop:

no matter what i just love love love this one! it is the only scent other than G&L i could not live without. if i had to give up every bottle but 2 those are the ones i would keep. when dry i keep the dry chocolate and violet. is is mysterious and inviting on me. love it!!!

JOC,how about Regal Confection for your daughter? that's still my fav LP chocolate scent :wub: or if that is too heavy,Festival of Lights,mmmm chocolate mint.

...ok cocoa break here :lolipop:

I've been thinking of getting Regal Confection but it often slips my mind when I am ordering.

• 1 month later...

I just recieved my sample of this today in my order and WOW, WOW, WOW is this a creation. I really was not expecting such a beautiful fragrance. Most strong foodie fragrances are not my cup of tea I dont like overly sweet, but this has such a sophisticated base and it just works beautifully, I cant wait to wear this for my honey tonight! He loves CB and this is THE PERFECT autumn scent. Its really soft and sophisticated yet still has the mouth watering qualities that seem make foodie fragrances so attractive to the opposite sex.

Edited by KrazyKat

• 2 months later...

I tipped the sample vial against my torso and did the lollipop down my torso and around my belly button, then did the inner elbows and sides of neck.

Right off the bat, this is a very thick, wonderful chocolate smell, like hershey kisses but better. It made my boyfriend sneeze and he's not a fan (because he's probably more judging it on being something "sissy" like chocolate, even though he gets worse chocolate urges than I do.)

I think it smells like a really good hot chocolate, with marshmallows. Maybe some almonds, the nutty smell, not the cherry almond smell. After an hour or so, it's very much cocoa powder, with, I think, some toasted marshmallow. Very warm, maybe just a hint of spice in the way background. Very huffable. Normally I'm all about the dark chocolate, but this to me is more milky chocolate, but I still like it.

It actually made me consider going out and getting a dessert-- something as equally decadent, but I had to stop myself and ask, when was the last time I had something that taste as good as it smelled or looked? So in that regard, I think Velvet Kisses smells so much better than most desserts taste. I'm going to put this on my potential bottle list, and boyfriend is just going to have to deal. I love vanilla perfumes as much as most women, but it's rare to a) find a chocolate fragrance, and B) find a chocolate fragrance that doesn't come off as cloyingly synthetic. If there is a wax melt that uses similar chocolate scents as this, I would be very happy to have this in the background at my house.

Edit: I just read what everyone else thought of this, and I would never have guessed that coffee or orange is in this. Maybe coffee in the way back, but no orange.

Edited by MissHazel

Not a huge chocolate perfume fan here either but VK is one of my top all time fave LP's!!!!! Oh how I love it. It's creamy chocolate and marshmallow with a hint of orange on top. There is so much more going on in it than chocolate (can't remember what else is in there) that I just swoon when I have it on. Some notes in this one I can't readily identify...but it is sexy good. It is my go to comfort scent. I know I want another bottle and although I LOVE the CB phero I am debating whether to get my next bottle phero free. Most of the time I wear it to bed or around the house anyway. I also love it with a spritz or two of Flying Potion. It would go well with H&S and Gotcha too.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the scent of this and this was my first experience with CB, so i've been very excited to see what all the DIHL hype is about! i've been experimenting with this in different amounts of application for the past 2 weeks though, and somehow I just feel like it's dead on me :/ or everyone around me is just immune. Been around multiple different prospects with it - who I know have some degree of interest, and nothing out of the ordinary :(. Half the time I've layered the roll-on VK CB with a spritz of unscented Lace, nothing there either. I will keep trying to mess with amounts, but even so I love the dessert chocolatey smell! Though to my olfactory senses it seems to fade shortly after application..Agreed with the perfection of the orangey notes wafting to the top over the warm milky choco foundation.

What application amounts/locations have given you guys the best DIHL reactions?

Love the scent of this and this was my first experience with CB, so i've been very excited to see what all the DIHL hype is about! i've been experimenting with this in different amounts of application for the past 2 weeks though, and somehow I just feel like it's dead on me :/ or everyone around me is just immune. Been around multiple different prospects with it - who I know have some degree of interest, and nothing out of the ordinary :(. Half the time I've layered the roll-on VK CB with a spritz of unscented Lace, nothing there either. I will keep trying to mess with amounts, but even so I love the dessert chocolatey smell! Though to my olfactory senses it seems to fade shortly after application..Agreed with the perfection of the orangey notes wafting to the top over the warm milky choco foundation.

What application amounts/locations have given you guys the best DIHL reactions?

For me it depends. Sometimes I get no hits- but that is usually because I am going to get my period and do not want anyone approaching me- or if I am stressed or not open to receiving hits or don't notice them. But when I am aware and not aggravated - wow Cuddle Bunny for me is the ' teen and tween ' whisperer. Little girls and young women cannot stop staring and smiling and complimenting me on my hair etc.. it's very cute. I love wearing cuddle bunny to the mall because usually that is where young adults work and sometimes the service is horrid - but with cuddle bunny they think I am Bella from Twilight .

• 4 months later...

i love, love love the reviews on this thread! these reviews, plus the fact that i love foodie scents, made this my one of my first choices in my first sample order from LP. i love the scent in the vial and LOVE it on my skin. (sorry to be redundant but can you tell that i love this? ha!) like some of the other folks, i got little-to-no orange in the scent on my skin at all. and i adore how the chocolate and coffee come out on me - sweet, but not overly so, because of a "dusty-ness" that keeps things interesting - by "dusty" i mean more like cocoa powder, and coffee beans with just a hint of the wooden barrel they've been stored in (if that doesn't sound too weird) - anyway, this tempers the scent for me a lot and keeps it sweet and delicious without being cloying in any way.

the best night with it so far: wore it swiped ( on my torso and wrists), layered with my current favorite body lotion (Pure 100 Percent coconut cream lotion) and two swipes of TMI in my hair. wore it out with a girlfriend to see some of her friends who were having cocktails/snacks at a beautiful hotel bar, and then out to a see a band on the lower east side in NYC. the firends at the hotel bar (men and women) were lovely, constantly pressing me to share whatever drinks and food they were having at the time and seemed to want to be closer without making me feel like they were encroaching on my personal space. at the show later on, i felt...the best way to say it is "admired from a distance" - lots of complimentary looks from the boys without it being over the top. i didn't want to go all out with the cops because i'm married and wasn't out with my husband that night, but knew i'd be out with friends in familiar places, and was in the mood to be out and having fun and wanted to see what, if any, effect a little bits of cops would have on things. and i think i got a good balance.

funniest exchange of the night: i feel a tap on the shoulder, turn around, and a Young Guy says,

Young Guy: "Excuse me, but you were standing in front of me during the show..."

ME: (since I was significantly taller than him) "Oh man, I am so sorry..."

YG: "No, no, that's not it...I don't want to sound creepy or anything but,,,you smell amazing. Kind of like tropical...awesomeness."

ha! love it! went on to have some nice, friendly, almost-flirty-but-not-really conversation with some of the of the band members and felt all around good - fun and lovely and popular, but in a very calm and unshowy way.

best feedback of the night: another girlfriend who was there and who knows the band well texted me the next day: "[Dude's name] from [band] was very taken with you. Not surprising. But since he's leaving [they're from Iceland] I didn't have a reason to say you are unavailable..." :thumbup:

so yeah. so far so good!!! am definitely looking forward to layering this with some other scent combinations to see what works.

xx

• 4 weeks later...

In my efforts to use one at a time and see how/if the phero works on me, I decided that since this was a laid back, custard making Saturday I would try out Velvet Kisses. I loved how it smelled in the bottle and going on wet, I totally smelled like a nice warm, dark chocolate. The coffee is really light, almost nonexistent but I could smell the orange... reminds me of eating one of those chocolate oranges that you smack on the table and they all break apart in "orange slices". After it dried down, the chocolate really disappeared on me after about two hours. It became more a very light orangey amber and that's ok too.

When my husband got home, it was kind of a surprise because he came up behind me and was very touchy feely... VERY. That's not normally him. And after having his face in my neck and shoulder for a minute he pops up and says "You're wearing baby powder?". LOL Hmm, well... not sure where that came from but I definitely think the CB got to him (yay!!!). He's been very sweet - holding my hand and rubbing my leg in the car, taking my plate from the table after dinner (definitely not him) and rubbing my neck for me.

I love the smell of this but I think I will save it for when the weather gets cold. This makes me want to slather it on and go to Starbucks for a hot cocoa while I do Christmas shopping. :xmas34:

^ Nice review.

I actually wore mine in Friday. I like the scent, but it definitely disappears on my skin after a couple of hours. I'd get an occasional whiff from a small amount that got in my clothes in the morning.

CB is definitely a different blend for me (I tend to gravitate more towards the sexy/sultry blends because they are more congruent with my personality.....umm, yeah). Anyhow, people were definitely touchy feely and really....sweet. Both male and female. I had a nurse turn and tell me that my makeup is always so "perfect" and that she and another nurse were just talking about how "pretty" I am. *blush

One of the surgeons kept doing things for me and kept hovering around, pulled my chair out, etc. another random person walked over and started giving me a back rub. It was like they NEEDED to care for me. Definitely different, but in a good way.

I just wish that the scent lasted longer in my skin. My skin devoured it!

I agree Pursetan, the only negative I would give this - on me- is that the scent didn't last too long. I did reapply later in the evening and boy, all I can say is that the description is accurate with all that cuddling!! I guess I will have to chalk it up to this being one that my skin eats up. I'd buy again knowing that but it also makes me want to try CB more. So glad it worked so well for you with co-workers! I wondered if this was more an intimate cuddly type phero so I'm glad to hear the effects were so friendly and kind at your job. :D Every now and again, it's nice to be the one THEY want to take care!!

^ Really? It lasted & lasted on me... It did meld DEEP and really became part of me but the scent, while mellow was definitely there.

I can't find my review/ experience with this here. I must have posted on another thread.. hmm got to find it .. was one of my best and funniest experiences with phero hits..off to hunt it down :-)

Edited by StacyK

Stacy, glad it has a good long lasting effect on you. Most everything LP usually does. Wish this one had for me but that's ok. It's such a great scent that it's worth it. I'm thinking I'll try again more during the winter and see if maybe colder weather will have a different effect. I will probably try a little lotion too. This time of year everything dries up fast here so I think I will test again after I've put some hydration back in my skin. ;) Can't wait to read your experience!!!

Stacy, glad it has a good long lasting effect on you. Most everything LP usually does. Wish this one had for me but that's ok. It's such a great scent that it's worth it. I'm thinking I'll try again more during the winter and see if maybe colder weather will have a different effect. I will probably try a little lotion too. This time of year everything dries up fast here so I think I will test again after I've put some hydration back in my skin. ;) Can't wait to read your experience!!!

I'm still trying to find it. LOL Hydration and or humidity may help. I have Levitation in spray and its VERY light. I wish I had a roll on to go with it and make it deeper. It also wears off so fast. But I do notice that if I sniff myself the scent is barely there and its a bit sticky. I'm bringing down to VA with me for the fourth of July I want to see how the extra moisture works to help the scent bloom. btw love your avi.

Edited by StacyK

I love my avi too!!! He's so adorable....

oh yeah... what was I going to say? LOL

Yes, let us know how the humidity does with your Levitation. VA can be pretty humid if I remember correctly!! Talking about having the spray and wanting a roll on too... I've been thinking I may do the same with some of my much loved but lighter scents.