Unscented Lumina

This is really interesting to me- it seems that people who don't notice much with Lumina respond really well to Cougar. On the other hand I adore Lumina, but couldn't care less about Cougar. Mind you, I've only tried it a couple of times- still, I felt nothing at all, and didn't notice much in terms of effects on others. Yet basically every other blend I've tried so far has worked well for me.

This is my experience too. I haven't tried lumina much but I don't recall getting great self fx or fx on others - I recall it making me feel weak and insecure a time or two. Chicken and egg maybe - haven't tried sufficiently varying amounts to find sweet spot. Oh and pop potion only works for me if I use a microscopic dab.

Wow I never thought about this until now - but I do get hits from Cougar whereas I feel like I'm trying too hard with Lumina. Of course I'd need one of our resident forum experts to explain why this might be happening.

I was torn between ordering Lumina and Pop Potion and decided on Lumina... but now I'm thinking I could've ordered Pop Potion and been here complaining that I 'should've' opted for Lumina as maybe neither would work with my chem! Ahhhh SCIENCE. If memory serves me correctly (and it's been a LONG time, LOL) I think I made C's in Chemistry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Diannadana

I have tried this out a few times in social situations, it really had an effect on one of our friends who tends to not share much. She was super chatty and asked advise on considering a job change. Her husband was heavily leaning on her to change jobs, which she didn't want to do, but normally would have gone along with anything he says. Dinner Wednesday and she called Thursday saying she slept on our conversation and said she decided to stay and went to her boss with ideas about restructuring her position and he agreed! I feel more social with this blend, but tend not to sensor myself as much as I do at work, so wear for social situations only!

• 2 months later...

I've been puzzling over this one and trying to understand its difference from Cougar. I like the scent of Cougar and have possibly has a hit or two with it but I don't feel these are consistent. Maybe I'm just missing subtle ones but in any case I think I will give Lumina a try. I don't mind swagger (in fact I'd say I prefer it) but Lumina still sounds great for sort of drawing people in and really getting them to chat.

Give it a go then Donsie. It really seems with Cougar and Lumina that sometimes if one works really well for someone, the other will be "meh". Cougar is a subtle blend on me with inconsistent results, like you mentioned. Lumina makes a noticeable, wonderful difference. I've even had several people start stroking my arm, touching my hair, etc with this stuff. I am not a toucher, and tend to project a protective barrier around myself, so this is very out of the ordinary for me. It draws people to me like moths to a flame.

Good luck!

Give it a go then Donsie. It really seems with Cougar and Lumina that sometimes if one works really well for someone, the other will be "meh". Cougar is a subtle blend on me with inconsistent results, like you mentioned. Lumina makes a noticeable, wonderful difference. I've even had several people start stroking my arm, touching my hair, etc with this stuff. I am not a toucher, and tend to project a protective barrier around myself, so this is very out of the ordinary for me. It draws people to me like moths to a flame.

Good luck!

I know this doesn't offer anyone info, but thanks to all for posting on this thread. Great info!

And thanks to Vlad - very very good info. I have wanted to try this one since day one, it's one of my top 3 next 'must haves'. I can't wait to try, I want to be all glowy and have people fawn over me. :Emoticons04250:

ETA: Is it bad that I said that? True though, sounds like a great experience and love the idea of having aura being glowy. :)

Edited by Beach Goddess

I can't wait to try, I want to be all glowy and have people fawn over me. :Emoticons04250:

This times 1000!

Vlad, I certainly can be perceived as having put up a barrier. I don't mean to but I intimidate people, especially men. I have been told this a number of times by men I have got to be friends or partners with. What a bunch of weenies! Maybe Lumina will help sooth the poor little darlings. <_>

I am very new the the pheromone world. I've tested a few of them so far. Some work for me and some do not, which seems to be the norm from what I have read. I love reading everything here! Everyone offers such great info and experiences.

Anyway, I love Lumina. It gives me a relaxed, chill sort of vibe about me. I smile a lot more and do feel as though I'm shining a bit. I'm much more approachable and the atmosphere around me lightens up. (I'm an introvert who has been told numerous times that I'm unapproachable and look bitchy and mean.)

One thing I do not like about it is that I can get a little ditzy but I'm okay with that because the positives are great!

Edited by tink333

Bella,

I got the roll-on in oil. I use a small swipe on my wrists and elbows and a tiny swipe on my chest. I'm not sure what this would be like in spray form.

I'm so new to the pheromone world! I'm so cautious and start out using the smallest amounts and work up from there. (I've had a couple bad experiences with some of the other pheros and turned into an emotional wreck!)

Beach Goddess, glowiness and fawning can't be a bad thing! Hope it works well for you when you try it.

Donsie, not sure if it makes people less intimidating, unless the intimidation factor comes from being too inaccessible. But I do know that even though I'm very uncomfortable around people and unsure of myself, with Lumina people's eyes light up when they see me. LFM, on the other hand, makes me very intimidating, because it seems to increase my already introverted, inaccessible nature, like it's swathing me in shadows. Lumina does the opposite for me, by bathing me in sparkly glowing fairy dust.

Maiea, I'm very curious about this too.

I have 2 spray bottles of the UN (lightly scented), a roll-on of the UN, and a spray of All Hallow's Eve with Lumina. I've never ordered so many versions of one thing in such a short timeframe. It's just pure magic for me, so I hope it'll sprinkle some of its fairy dust on others also.

With Lumina people's eyes light up when they see me. LFM, on the other hand, makes me very intimidating, because it seems to increase my already introverted, inaccessible nature, like it's swathing me in shadows. Lumina does the opposite for me, by bathing me in sparkly glowing fairy dust.

Excellent visual means of contrasting the two. I don't mind seeming intimidating per se but it would be great to have a social attractant to get some folks over their inhibitions or sense of inaccessibility. Lumina certainly sounds like one to try!

I wore Lumina, with Bridezilla, on my last day of vacation, and the desk clerk offered me a ride to the airport, and the guy sitting next to me on the plane bought me a beer and asked for my number.

I think I used kind of a lot...5 or 6 sprays. Or 7. In my hair and on my arms/ hands. But it was 50% strength.

I wasn't expecting such a "let me give you stuff" reaction.

Edited by Goddessinjapan

:D How wonderful! Hmm...now you have me thinking, maybe I need a heavier hand with this one, like with PP? It seems I need higher doses of that to be effective...maybe a bit more Lumina should be applied for more blatant reactions...and heck! Who doesn't want free stuff!?

• 2 weeks later...

I am very new the the pheromone world. I've tested a few of them so far. Some work for me and some do not, which seems to be the norm from what I have read. I love reading everything here! Everyone offers such great info and experiences.

Anyway, I love Lumina. It gives me a relaxed, chill sort of vibe about me. I smile a lot more and do feel as though I'm shining a bit. I'm much more approachable and the atmosphere around me lightens up. (I'm an introvert who has been told numerous times that I'm unapproachable and look bitchy and mean.)

One thing I do not like about it is that I can get a little ditzy but I'm okay with that because the positives are great!

Hi, tink.

Sorry, I just noticed the point about this making you ditzy. Sounds like the Est.

• 3 weeks later...

donsie, you are right about the EST causing the ditzy factor in this for me!

I've used this more since I last posted about it and I think I've gotten to that sweet spot of what works for me. I swipe a bit on my wrists, on each forearm, and on my upper chest. I notice the shimmer/sparkle I get from this more and more. The best part though is that I don't notice the ditzy feeling as much. I'm not sure if this is because I just don't get this affect as much anymore or I just don't mind it. Either way, I love the self effects of this for me.

• 1 year later...

I've been trying out different amounts of this (60/40 silicone), anywhere between 2-4 sprays, without much luck so far. I haven't felt off or anything, so I don't think I'm OD-ing? It's also really, really cold here and I'm basically always smothered in heavy coats, so maybe I'll try applying on top of my clothes instead...

• 4 months later...

Why oh why have I forgotten about how much I like Lumina? I've pushed it to the back of my phero collection and neglected it. It is FANTASTIC! I'm traveling. I drove. I sang and danced the whole way and had fun. We decided to go to this restaurant but when we got in, it was PACKED! It's in a smaller town in IA and a local musician is playing (who now resides in Chicago?). We had no idea. We were told there were no tables so I said maybe we should go somewhere else. Then the owners (I think) told us to wait and made room for us. They were overly accommodating! We had a table right by the musician and it was sort of loud so they got us a booth a little further away. I felt like they were falling over themselves to help us. They ate probably the nicest people in the world but I feel like Lumina had a lot to do with it. ?

Edited by tink333

Sounds fantastic Tink, and a perfect situation for Lumina! You've just inspired me to get my spray bottle of this out again and use it more often. Like you I have been neglecting this little gem lately for some reason. Don't know why, because for me it's one of the most consistent and wonderful phero products I own. And works beautifully for sweetening up interactions in all kinds of situations- work, shopping, with friends/family/boyfirends. I have it lightly scented in sugared amber, and it goes really well with so many different perfumes, adds a lovely warm base scent.

Sounds fantastic Tink, and a perfect situation for Lumina! You've just inspired me to get my spray bottle of this out again and use it more often. Like you I have been neglecting this little gem lately for some reason. Don't know why, because for me it's one of the most consistent and wonderful phero products I own. And works beautifully for sweetening up interactions in all kinds of situations- work, shopping, with friends/family/boyfirends. I have it lightly scented in sugared amber, and it goes really well with so many different perfumes, adds a lovely warm base scent.

Lightly scented with sugared Amber is brilliant!!!

Wore 5 sprays of Unscented Lumina to work tonight, to see how it worked for tips, and for keeping co-workers - and more importantly, customers - in a good mood. I'd always shied away from using it at my other job, because it's so EST heavy that I didn't want to give my then-Chef ANY excuses to yell or take cheap pot shots at me, including any perceived "weakness" or feminine vulnerability.

But this RULED at my new gig! My customers were all happy and giddy. Staff started off kinda crunchy, but running through the restaurant with Lumina on seemed to turn that around. I was getting DIHL everywhere I looked, including from other women. And I made 20% across the board - even from this annoying kid who used to go to my old restaurant and leave me the crappiest tips. :o I even had a man in his early 60s reach out and touch my arm kind of affectionately at one point, (I can't remember what precipitated this), and that's NEVER happened before. Women tend to touch me a lot when I'm serving for some reason. But men? Never. Well, not sober men, anyway. This was a first. Even the dude seemed surprised to see his own hand patting my arm! :lol:

Gotta try it a few more times, to see if I get something like the results I got tonight. If I do, Lumina is DEFINITELY going into the work phero rotation! :D

Yay Eggers! So glad it worked so well for you. The reactions you described there are exactly the kind of thing I experience when wearing Lumina, including increased touching and affection from both men and women. It's like wearing a lovely glowing faery glamour that attractions all good things to you. When I wear Lumina I usually notice that my whole day seems to flow better, and I have really good luck, probably because it makes people actively desire to be almost indulgent with me, and therefore to do nice things for me. Hope it keeps working well for you too.

I'm going to give it another try at work today. If ever there's a shift during which I need customers AND staff to be indulgent with me, it's Sunday brunch. OMGHECTIC! I hate this shift with all of my heart. There are two menus running that I'm still unfamiliar with - at the same time - there's too much running involved because there's not enough staff on, not enough glasses in the restaurant, not enough time to do what you need to do... and there's freaking *theatre* that people have to get out for. It's basically a sh*tshow, and I really wish I had no part of it. This is only my second one, and I'm SO dreading it. I'm hoping that Lumina will maybe help make people a little more good-natured and patient with me. And hopefully, it'll help me repeat the 20% tips across the board I got last night!

OMG Eggers! That sounds like a fantastic night! I hope it was Lumina too and it works again for the awful shift!!! Let us know.

I wore this yesterday as well. I had great experiences with it again. I was wandering around the town I traveled too and chatted with all sorts of different people. People definitely seem to gravitate to you when you wear this and they are all friendly. I had lots of convos with different people all day. We were at our friend's huge party, which is the reason why we are here, and it made that all the more pleasant. I was in a great mood, people around me were as well. I mean, we were at a party, that usually makes most people happy so there is that but I feel like this made it even better. Oh, and I think kids LOVE this stuff! Kids do like me but even this shy little girl struck up a convo with me about how she hated fish but loved strawberries. LOL! She was about 3 and adorable. ? Lumina is getting the front row spot on my phero shelf. I love this stuff!

Edited by tink333

Yes! Kids do love this! And Heart & Soul, too. Must be the heavy EST giving off "mom vibes" or something. I'm scared as hell of small children, and when I wear this or H&S, they're ALL OVER ME. It's so scary! And really cute. But scary! :lol:

I'm reasonably certain that Lumina helped over the terrifying lunch/brunch rush today. It was super-dead when I got there, (highly unusual, but I put it down to it being a long weekend), so they let one of the servers go, which meant that I had to look after the bar AND the patio, all by myself. And I've never worked either one before. Of course, the moment the other (luckier) server walked out the back door, I was bombarded with a table of 9, and two tables of two, and a really freakin' cute dog called Teddy, with whom I made fast friends. And then the people just kept coming! Everything was just a little off kilter, being that I'm so unused to working in those two sections, much less working them both BY MYSELF. But my peeps were all happy and chatty, and I felt like I had a lot of sweet charm and charisma kind of softening all of my tiny F-ups. Nobody seemed to mind that there were little goofs. I made a solid 18 percent, so I'm pretty happy. I made a whopping bunch of cash for having thought I was going to stand around for 4 hours doing nothing!

Working again tonight. Will be refreshing my Lumina before I start. I think... I think I kinda love this one for work! :D

Edited by Eggers

LOL! My SO is also terrified of kids! He says it's from horror movies like Poltergeist and The Ring. LOL!

And AWESOME that Lumina works for you at work! I'm wearing it again today to my second job to test it out. I think I'm going to try it at my FT corp job too just to see what happens.

Well yeah, there's the horror movie thing, too. Mostly it's because they ask me the tough questions that I have no business answering - where did I come from? is God real? what happens when we die? Those kinds of things. Else they want me to play with them, and I just don't really remember how to do that - if I ever knew. I think I was born a small adult. :lol:

Anyway, I used Lumina at work again last night. It didn't have the "tip effect" that I'd hoped for. But it definitely had the same kind of mood elevation effect on people, which is still a very handy thing. I think it must give off a similar friendly, charming kind of vibe as Open Windows, though. I had two newbie tables last night - people who'd never dined at this restaurant before - and by the end of their meals, they were so happy with everything, they both claimed that they'd be back, and soon. One of them an elderly German couple, and as they were leaving, the woman thanked me for my "very friendly service. It was so very sweet. We really enjoyed it." It was so cute! And that, in very large part, is the kind of effect I'm looking for in a work phero. I like a phero that can help me charm people, and help make them feel relaxed and content, like they're *really* being listened to and taken care of, like they're my sole focus - even though, clearly, they can't be unless they're my only table. In that capacity, Lumina works wonderfully.

A note about tips - people tend to tip more when they can see that I'm clearly very busy. And the other shifts that I've used this for were very busy ones. So it mightn't have been Lumina boosting tips. It might simply have been the fact that I was obviously busy, and still providing good service. I don't know. I'm still TOTALLY using this for work though. I loved the effects it has. I'll keep monitoring the tip situation, to see if maybe last night was just a one-off. It's hard to tell. I need to use it a while longer to get a good feel for it.

Eggers- I know those tough kid questions! I get them too AND for some reason I try to answer them. The funniest one I have been asked was my nephew, who is 6, recently asked me if people ever eat people. We were playing a game and we're animals and we had to eat other animals and his mind started working in his scientific way and he had to ask. The look on his face was like "OMG. Do people ever eat people?" That was fun to stumble all over!

ANYWAY, back to Lumina. This is now my go to social phero. I am wearing it at work and have already had some great convos with coworkers. I think this helps break down walls and makes you more open as well as others around you. Everyone is more comfortable and relaxed, just like you experienced at your job. I'm in an office job and it is working well for me he too. I have new coworkers and I think it's going to help with building relationships with the new people. I LOVE LUMINA!

Eggers- I know those tough kid questions! I get them too AND for some reason I try to answer them. The funniest one I have been asked was my nephew, who is 6, recently asked me if people ever eat people. We were playing a game and we're animals and we had to eat other animals and his mind started working in his scientific way and he had to ask. The look on his face was like "OMG. Do people ever eat people?" That was fun to stumble all over!

ANYWAY, back to Lumina. This is now my go to social phero. I am wearing it at work and have already had some great convos with coworkers. I think this helps break down walls and makes you more open as well as others around you. Everyone is more comfortable and relaxed, just like you experienced at your job. I'm in an office job and it is working well for me he too. I have new coworkers and I think it's going to help with building relationships with the new people. I LOVE LUMINA!

Do people ever eat people? :lol: OMG, I would have said, "Go ask your mother... please, for the love of all that's holy, ask your mother!" LOL! I can see that face though. I know the one. I've made it myself before. I actually had a brief stint as a vegetarian early on in my childhood when I finally made the connection between the chicken on the farm, and the chicken on my plate - that kind of thing. I was *horrified*. I even refused to eat eggs. My dad was a pretty scary fella though, and I couldn't get away with it for long.

I'm glad Lumina is working well for you. It works well for me in a social capacity, (my customers like me), but it doesn't have the same oomph I first thought it might have in the tip department. Open Windows is still the ass-kicker in that department, closely followed by SS4W.

I wore Lumina all last weekend, and I actually had a few people seem to assume that I was a much bigger softie than I am, and who not only spoke down to me, (as though I might not understand simple English), but there were a couple who were downright verbally aggressive with me. I can only assume that the big EST dose in Lumina triggered that Alpha Male kind of response that makes them intensely dislike anything perceived as weakness, because that's exactly how they were treating me. (Of course, I set them straight; I'm not an idiot, and I'm hardly a pushover! LOL!). It was very weird.

I'll probably wear it on slower days, but on my big money-makin' days, Imma stick with OW & SS4W.

Edited by Eggers

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Wow. Lumina may be my new go to. Im currently at work having one of the BEST days EVER. There are two men working in my area with me and both of them are being very flirty and flattering. I came in with an attitude because I saw them there lol, but one of the guys ended up in my face, up under me, apologizing for being in the way. Continuing to hover around me, telling me my lips are cute, and that I have bedroom eyes. On his knees kneeling in front of me while Im sitting down to talk to me. Talking about I havent been on my knees like this in the longest. Talking about how I need to be spoiled, catered to and loved. Im like oh okay! Talk a good game! I usually go with La femme mystere as I feel thats my default vibe. Im a Capricorn with a Capricorn stellium so I can come across kind of intimidating even though Im a sweetheart. This Lumina gives the perfect balance though, it softens me up but doesnt make me whimpy or appear as serious . It makes people react to me how I feel about myself already, like a goddess. Men seem to be in awe and give me respect and reverence. Like this dude was kneeling yall. Telling me that men are afraid to bow to women like me and that he wasnt. All I can say is wow. The other younger guy, I keep catching him staring at me. He was the first to approach and ask me if I was married or had a boyfriend. There is something very magical about this blend. If you can be kind off aggressive, aloof, or can come off intimidating, I definitely suggest this.

I got the 60/40 version in the oil spray. It went on for the ENTIRE day. Men NEVER approach or butter me up like they have today. Eventually the younger one piped back up, came and started sitting in my seat, becoming possessive, making little jokes talking about “yeah we’re gonna get married now, I always wanted a girl like you, what you doing after work, etc” hovering around me, kept coming over to make conversation. Like wow. Got kind of overbearing after a while. I don’t understand how some girls deal with it all the time, but I love the effects it has on others. Gives great selfies too!

This is really interesting to me- it seems that people who don't notice much with Lumina respond really well to Cougar. On the other hand I adore Lumina, but couldn't care less about Cougar. Mind you, I've only tried it a couple of times- still, I felt nothing at all, and didn't notice much in terms of effects on others. Yet basically every other blend I've tried so far has worked well for me.

I seem to be in the Lumina/Topper camp. I also love levitation. I get great hits and selfies with all three of those, they are instant mood lifters and the effects are blatant. Same with Heart and Soul and Open Windows, and SWS does exactly what I need it to do. I can't say I've had selfies with Cougar, SS4W, or PP. I'm still looking for the my sweet spot with those, but don't use them very much since the others work so well for me.

I seem to be in the Lumina/Topper camp. I also love levitation. I get great hits and selfies with all three of those, they are instant mood lifters and the effects are blatant. Same with Heart and Soul and Open Windows, and SWS does exactly what I need it to do. I can't say I've had selfies with Cougar, SS4W, or PP. I'm still looking for the my sweet spot with those, but don't use them very much since the others work so well for me.

I'm in the Lumina camp, too. Took me forever to find my sweet spot with Cougar (60/40 spray) - turns out, it's a lot.​ And rather than attract younger fellas, it tends to capture the attention of older men. Also, for some reason if I wear just a tiny spritz too much, Cougar can tip me over into Bitchville.

I like Topper, but I much prefer straight DHEAS.

When it comes to Levitation and Open Windows, it depends on the situation. Levitation makes people hug me a lot, whether they know me or not. That can be weird at work, you know? Fine maybe for the regulars whom I'm familiar and friendly with, but weird when a tourist gives me a hug at the end of dinner. :lol: Open Windows is my favorite phero, hands-down.

Heart and Soul is one of my most favorite pheros. I have amazing results with that one all across the board. People get all warm & fuzzy & want to know all about me, and share lots of stuff about themselves, and give me everything I want because they're under the illusion that I'm so very sweet, and wouldn't it be nice to treat me. That's always nice, right?

SS4W and PP both work wonders for me, although in very different ways. SS4W seems to give me an almost tomboy-ish sexuality, from what I gather. Women are all BFF-y with me, and dudes are, too, but like I'm their hot & sexy BFF - the one they would never think to ask out. Sometimes it feels like I'm the token hot chick-buddy in an all-dude buddy movie :lol: I think it might be my second favorite phero.

Pop Potion acts like it just gave me the best haircut, the most flawless skin, the most gorgeous clothes etc... Last summer, while I was putting glasses into the glass washer behind the bar, one of the actors I'd never spoken to before was standing there watching me intently. I thought he needed another beer, but when I asked him, he ignored my question (even though he was indeed holding an empty pint glass), and said, "You're beautiful". :blush: Other times it's had people yelling my name out when I enter the room, a la Norm on Cheers.

I LOVE Lumina. It tends to put me in a really good mood, without that mood tipping into silly (a la Lace, which I also love). In terms of effects on others, it puts them in a chipper mood, too. People seem to regularly get the impression that I'm very graceful and delicate when I wear Lumina, which I think is bizarre and hilarious, because I am most definitely neither.​ But when I wear it to work, it's pretty much inevitable that someone ​will ask if I'm a dancer - ​are you a dancer? you move so gracefully! ​Just for the record, I am just about one of the clumsiest people around, ie, not ​graceful. But if Lumina is dishing it out, I'll take it! ;) Must be why my bottle is almost empty. Must get more soon!

I also dont get anything from either SS4W or PP. Cougar is great for me though. Although I did have the worst OD ever from it which included vomiting and shaking with the worst cold chills imaginable for about 13 hours straight. So I know I can have a great time with it but after that experience, Im Skeered. ?