VETRAN phero users: you say stenone, I say stenane....

Alpha-Androste none

Androsterone

Epi-Androsterone

Androstadienone,

Androstanone

5a-Androstenol

Okay, What's the dif? I've made a word doc of all the desriptions of the phero UNs to try and pin point which does what, but when a phero contains more than a couple it's hard to look at the list and make sense of it.

What do each of these do exactly? (I tried googling them and holy cow, I can't make heads or tails)

Mara,I think you have androstAnone where androstEnone should be...from what I have read the _A_none is a kinder gentler,funnier and funner :lol: molecule,even though related :D

GREAT page, Mara!! This will be so helpful when referring new users/customers. I try to explain pheros, but I just end up saying "I love them"! LOL!! Now I can point them to some REAL information!!

eta: will you be adding some scents/formulas in the description, such as "this phero is in xxx blend"?

Edited by goddesslynne

eta: will you be adding some scents/formulas in the description, such as "this phero is in xxx blend"?

Do you think I should? Maybe on another page? I didn't intend this particular page to be a sales tool for LP products. I've wanted to make an unbiased phero wiki for YEARS and have discussed it with everyone I know in the industry as a group project. The info on that page came a little from each of the knowledgeable people I spoke with about it...I was wanting it to be more of a public domain tool we could all use, but while everyone was willing to discuss it and thinks it's a great idea, no one thus far has contributed to it other than chat. (One vendor said she would only contribute to it if we sold it and she got a piece of the pie....ummm, NO!) I'd be very happy if other suppliers and scientists and those who have good data from experimentation would contribute what they know, and build a database we can all share with the public, because there isn't anything comprehensive on the web or in print.

My two cents would be not to,unless you made a separate page,but that is a whole lot of extra work...Mara your goal of an "unbiased" database is admirable and it is a shame some vendors have to be so secretive of what they think they know :)

Do you think I should? Maybe on another page? I didn't intend this particular page to be a sales tool for LP products. I've wanted to make an unbiased phero wiki for YEARS and have discussed it with everyone I know in the industry as a group project. The info on that page came a little from each of the knowledgeable people I spoke with about it...I was wanting it to be more of a public domain tool we could all use, but while everyone was willing to discuss it and thinks it's a great idea, no one thus far has contributed to it other than chat. (One vendor said she would only contribute to it if we sold it and she got a piece of the pie....ummm, NO!) I'd be very happy if other suppliers and scientists and those who have good data from experimentation would contribute what they know, and build a database we can all share with the public, because there isn't anything comprehensive on the web or in print.

That's exactly why I started my phero journal so you could use it as you see fit. Not that it's good enough to be referenced, but just as sort of a lay person's guide. Hopefully it'll get there eventually. I think the database is a great idea.

I have a Phero Wiki started HERE: http://lovepotionper...icles/PheroWiki

If anyone has anything they think should be added to it, or removed from it, PLEASE chime in.

Might have some notes of interest for you, Raq.

Oh great. Just read and copied off to add to my ever thickening "library." Thanks Mara. One other question, at the very end of the wiki there is this list:

Alpha-Androstenone

Beta-Androstenone

androstanone

beta-androstadienol

Are these separate/different from the aforementioned pheros (Androstenone, and androstadienenol)? or are they included in the group of THDOC - Beta & Alpha varieties mentioned above?

No. Those are just ones that I haven't gotten to yet, or do not have enough info to post yet. I was just leaving those there to remind myself to get to them...more I need to add to that list too. If anyone has a good list of single molecules, please post! :)

One vendor said she would only contribute to it if we sold it and she got a piece of the pie....ummm, NO!)

Gee I wonder who that was? :rolleyes:

(Rhetorical sarcastic question.)

Edited by luna65

• 1 month later...

Nice list so far.

The Wikipedia page for oxytocin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

has a LOT of information but I suppose the bottom line is that is the bonding hormone. In the hormone form it is this molecule that helps with bonding between mother and child during breastfeeding but also between men and women. It is also supposed to help generate feelings of trust as a result. It is the main component in certain pheromone sprays that are designed to create feelings of trust and connection. The problem with some early products seemed to be the short half-life that is mentioned in the article.

Meo-est: Methoxyestratetraenone - this is an odd one - I think the consensus is that it makes women feel happy, safe, connected to the wearer. A lot of places sell it (and I have some) but there is still a question in some quarters about how safe it may be in the long run.

I thought Meo Est was the dangerous one?

The last paragraph is about Meo-Est. I was trying to convey that some people feel it is not safe with my "there is still a question in some quarters about how safe it may be in the long run" part of the comment.

Both are considered dangerous and no longer used by reputable phero houses.

I have them on my Wiki list purely for the purpose of issuing warnings, rather than encouraging their use. I just haven't gotten that far yet in writing everything out.

Thank you for the link, quietguy!

By the way Mara, I use that list ALL the time. It is most helpful. I encourage you to add to it (if you ever have the time! I've seen the new releases. ooh lala!)

It really helps me when I am reading throught the ingredient list while shopping.

Another interesting note about oxytocin that is alluded to in the article but not by name is that Pitocin is oxytocin.

And speaking of the potential dangers of Meo-Est there is an interesting thread today in the men's forum over at Pherotruth highlighting some potential problems some users have attributed to a product that is very Meo-Est heavy. (Hope I am not doing something wrong mentioning another board here. My apologies if I am - please feel free to edit if necessary.)

Edit:

Here is the link. Even the title of the link contains the name of the company that carries the product. Just saying ...

http://pherotruth.co...ad-and-The-Ugly

The angle is very male oriented but it is in the mens section ...

Edited by quietguy

No worries, Quiet Guy. Mark and I are friends and our boards are on good terms with each other. Several members here belong to both communities.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the article/discussion. Do you want to post a link?

The last research that I read about MeoEst said that it was such a strong carcinogen, that anywhere it touched human skin they could see cellular abnormality...cancerous skin cells. Now, I do not know the strength that was used for that testing, it might be astronomically high - way higher than the concentration used in any commercial phero product. From what I understand, it is naturally produced in horses, but in humans, it is only 'naturally' present in breast cancer cells.

I know that AD is/was? using it as a low cost substitute for Estratetraenol, which costs a mint, claiming that it gave similar results. And then P7 followed their lead, but then stopped using it if I understand correctly. Estratetraenol is the most expensive molecule out there and there's companies who do not want to spend the money for high quality/high cost ingredients.

Yeah, back from the days when I was still buying pheromones from AD - before I made better, more honest contacts. But again, I have no idea the level at which it is considered dangerous. For example, the FDA has removed saccharine from it's list of cancer-causing items because the sheer volume that was used in the rodent testing was so unreasonably huge, that no human would ever injest that much.

If it makes you feel better to toss it, do so, and I will give you a store credit for something else.

You really don't have to do that. But I will toss it, just to be safe. I had a breast cancer scare last January so I'm a little wary of it. Everytime I look at the bottle I think "Ooh! LP Black! I heart you." and then it's like ominous music plays. Beautiful yet dangerous.

Thanks, Quiet Guy...I barged into the boys room and made completely thread jacking comments. LOL! I never ventured out of the little box they've provided for me before...I hope I didn't aggravate anyone.

Skye, will send you a nice clean bottle of LP Black in your next box...since you heart it! :)

I do not think you "jacked" the thread any more than any other thread has been jacked before there, here or anywhere else. Plus the discussion on patents was very informative also.

I know Mark wants vendors to act with extreme discretion(?)/caution outside their business "box" as you refer to it but I personally think you asked good questions and raised some good if not well-hashed points (VNO) while avoiding any commentary on another vendor's products. Good job threading those obstacles!

Edited by quietguy

I wish cheetos came in different skin shades so I wouldn't look like a fat ass with orange styrofoam balls and lint on my hands.

I am sure your a@@ doesn't look that ... no, that almost came out wrong. Let me try again ... ummm, Cheetos aren't my favorite but I can respect our differences.

Edited by quietguy