A Treasure of Pearls

LadyVictoria

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.

LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.

WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

WoW!! WOW! I am in love!!! This is FULL Bottle worthy number one! First one I slathered on and I am in AMOR!!!
Right of the bat I get a nice warm vanilla amber in a cloud of marshmallow fluff! Please please do not be scared of the florals, this is almost like a sexy white frosted vanilla cupcake on me with beautiful edible flowers. The orchid is not screaming. It is well balanced and almost like a cherry on top ,only it's an orchid. WOW. This is SEXY edible mermaid with beautiful orchids dancing in her hair.
I am supposed to be packing for my weekend trip but I HAD to write a review. LOVE this one! I seriously cannot get enough of this. As I type it dances so nicely on my skin! Perfect for any mermaid that wants to feel sexy on land.

Sounds FAB LV ! I'm really excited to try this one and by your review this may be a FULL SZ BTL purchase....woo hoo !!

Tore into this while I was reading a recipe for "Frozen Coconut Limeade" so now my brain is trying to read the vanilla and amber in this into being coconut. Though I can say I would love a suntan oil that smelled like this!

http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/2011/10/frozen-coconut-limemade.html

FROZEN COCONUT LIMEADE

recipe found at:

She Wears Many Hats

<p class="ingredients">

• 5 1/2 cups ice
  • 5/8 cup coconut rum (for non-alcoholic version, substitute cream of coconut, like Coco Lopez)
  • 4-5 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate (substitute lemonade version if you’d like)
  • 1/8 cup water

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.

Preparation time: 5 minute(s)

Number of servings (yield): 3

Sometimes it seems like all I ever do is (1) say that things smell like LP Silver - always a compliment as that's an all time fav, and (2) laundry. Well, here I go again (with both). Wet & early on, this is a slightly more white-floral & yet creamier (like heavy whipping cream) version of LP Silver on me. Deep into drydown, now, it's a tiny bit sweeter than LP Silver (must be the marshmallow).

I love this! Of course, I knew it was going to be a winner. You can't go wrong with the vanilla and musk combo. The florals aren't heavy at all, It smells like how a cloud might smell.

Now for the bizarre...I don't know what's going on, but for some reason, this smells very similar Spinnerett does after the strawberry fades. Treasure of Pearls is creamier and the musk is deeper, but otherwise they smell strangely similar, like fluff. I don't understand why, as the only thing they have in common is the musk. :huh:

MY FAV !! full sz btl for sure :)

umm...is there marshmallow in this ? descrip reads it does, list of ingredients doesn't ?!!

Edited by liz

umm...is there marshmallow in this ? descrip reads it does, list of ingredients doesn't ?!!

According to the notes Mara gave me for that one, yes.

MY FAV !! full sz btl for sure :)

I noticed that too. I think I saw that on another one that said Indian Red Musk but it wasn't in ingredients.

I do love this one Liz!! Full bottle for me as well!

i'm extremely excited to get my hands and nose on this. thanks for reviewing ladyv! how are the waterlilies? i'm intrigued for frosting and flowers :)

You'll Love it! I don't know what water lilies smell like, I can only compare it to the other water lily scent that I have and adore which is Flowers in The Moat- and to me they both smell like sugary water icicles

When I put this on I was immediately reminded of something else but I couldn't think what. Then a few minutes later it hit me: Sugared Orchids. It's not exact, but if you like that one (as I do) then you need to get this, it's that same evocation of lush creamy orchid on a fluffy sweet pillow. That's all I get, really, but then again orchid usually rules a blend for me.

This is really good! From first sniff, it reminds me of LP Silver. This one is even better. Creamy orchids, vanilla, sugar, wow, on the skin its even better than in the vial. It also reminds me of yet another parfume/PE: Ajia's Amber & Vanilla Orchid, I think. Anyway, I love this one. :love:

This is really good! From first sniff, it reminds me of LP Silver. This one is even better. Creamy orchids, vanilla, sugar, wow, on the skin its even better than in the vial. It also reminds me of yet another parfume/PE: Ajia's Amber & Vanilla Orchid, I think. Anyway, I love this one. :love:

It reminds me of Silver also, I even get a minty note on my skin, but there's no mint. Maybe the mica...?

This is my favorite so far. Probably because it's the sweetest and the florals are far in the background. It lies very close to the skin, marshmallow-fluffy. I can see where this would be lovely boosted with something like Tranquility.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure I was ready to switch to a spring floral but this was extremely nice today. Reminds me of LP Silver and Hoyden and Silken Moonlight. I seem to only get a very light sweet floral. This one linnnnnnnnnnnngers. The dab this morning is still going strong 14 hours later. Beautiful scent.

WoW!! WOW! I am in love!!! This is FULL Bottle worthy number one! First one I slathered on and I am in AMOR!!!

Right of the bat I get a nice warm vanilla amber in a cloud of marshmallow fluff! Please please do not be scared of the florals, this is almost like a sexy white frosted vanilla cupcake on me with beautiful edible flowers. The orchid is not screaming. It is well balanced and almost like a cherry on top ,only it's an orchid. WOW. This is SEXY edible mermaid with beautiful orchids dancing in her hair.

I am supposed to be packing for my weekend trip but I HAD to write a review. LOVE this one! I seriously cannot get enough of this. As I type it dances so nicely on my skin! Perfect for any mermaid that wants to feel sexy on land.

How much cake? I like the idea of cake/frosting, but am scared of the Orchid...

I love this! The floral notes don't stand out. They just make the marshmallow-amber-musk base seem more elegant. Smelling this makes me want to get married. It's like a beautiful wedding cake. I need a full bottle!

BV, I consider you my scent twin. (you like pinks and spicies right?) How much floral and amber are we talkin? Do you get a spicier marshamallow or more floral amber?

How much cake? I like the idea of cake/frosting, but am scared of the Orchid...

BV, I consider you my scent twin. (you like pinks and spicies right?) How much floral and amber are we talkin? Do you get a spicier marshamallow or more floral amber?

Don't be scared of the floral! This is not a scent that screams floral at all, it is very subtle. It's so well blended together so you won't smell like old lady flowers. It's also not spicy at all. I think you should get a sample because it is very beautiful!

When I was done brewing it, I was surprised that it reminded me most of Vampire Bait, which is one of my personal all-time faves...but I didn't expect to arrive there with the notes I combined.

I LOVE Vampire Bait. I'm thinking of trying this out just based on this. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I thought for sure I had reviewed this... I love this one!! I agree with Tyvey, it does kind of remind me of LP Silver (a fave of mine, too!) This is a fluffy vanilla marshmallow, with yummy florals on top. The florals are not overpowering at all. Love the musk and amber! This has great lasting power on me, too. I definitely need a bottle!

This is pretty...and I get the notes everyone is talking about. And it *should* be a win for me. But for some reason, my chemistry makes it not as perfect as I'd thought it would be. However, I DO like it, so I'm going to let it age for a bit and try it again. Hmmmmm. Think I'll try it over cops! B)

Something was "off" with this one for me too. Not sure what especially since I love Vampire Bait. Maybe it has the dreaded white musk in it?

White musk is usually okay for me...at least I *think* it is. But last time I tried Vampire bait, it didn't completely work on me. Ah well, skin chemistry is odd. With all the Treasure scents, there'll be a favorite for everyone somewhere in the batch! So far, I've tried this, Amethyst, and Aquamarine, and those two are my faves, with Amethyst at the top. Am having a ball trying them all one by one! Oh and Mermaids looks like it'll be another big win...need to test it some more for real. :heart: Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...

This is a super-soft, delicate scent. It's sweet with a tiny hint of florals floating around, and it just makes me want to smell it all day! I kind of get a little hint of fruit from it, too, but I must be mistaken on that.

The perfume in the bottle is beautiful, too, all shimmery and swirly.

• 1 month later...

I ADORE this little treasure. I"ll put it on in the morning and can still smell it long after the day is through. Also, I really hate floral scents, so I'm forever greatful that they stay in the background. I got a FULL bottle and I think I need to get a few more. Mmm, mmm, mmm good!

• 1 month later...

Sometimes it seems like all I ever do is (1) say that things smell like LP Silver - always a compliment as that's an all time fav, and (2) laundry. Well, here I go again (with both). Wet & early on, this is a slightly more white-floral & yet creamier (like heavy whipping cream) version of LP Silver on me. Deep into drydown, now, it's a tiny bit sweeter than LP Silver (must be the marshmallow).

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say! Very like LP Silver, really like this, wish I'd gotten a bottle.