A Treasure of Pearls

LadyVictoria

Does anyone have this boosted with something? I'm wondering if it could handle BANG!...

I have one boosted with lace and its amazing still! I wonder how this scent would work out as a spray because of the mica..do you think it would clog the sprayer? I wanted to get one boosted with something else too because treasure of pearls is one of my favorite! It reminds me of purple puff a bit..mabey its the vanilla musk..I dunno:)

• 1 month later...

This is very different than I imagined it would be. I get light floral and vanilla musk, but mostly I get a powder scent. It is so weird, because I feel that if pearls had a scent, this would be it. I got this to layer w/ Purple Pastry. I am trying to find a combo that most resembles Purple Puff. I have just a wee few sprays of it left.

The scent may have changed after dry down for the vanilla and flowers to really bloom through the powder scent, but I had to wash it off after a few minutes. I put a swipe on each arm and I immediately started getting a red, itchy, skin reaction. I don't have sensitive skin at all, but I must be allergic to mica. I am sooo sad that I may have to put this, and my new Sensual Harmony which caused the same reaction, up on my trade page. Wahhhhhhhh! I'm going to try again, this time after applying lots of lotion and I'll just put on a dot to see if I get the same thing.

I have one boosted with lace and its amazing still! I wonder how this scent would work out as a spray because of the mica..do you think it would clog the sprayer? I wanted to get one boosted with something else too because treasure of pearls is one of my favorite! It reminds me of purple puff a bit..mabey its the vanilla musk..I dunno:)

I have Rainbow Falls in a spray, and it has mica - it hasn't clogged up yet :)

This is very different than I imagined it would be. I get light floral and vanilla musk, but mostly I get a powder scent. It is so weird, because I feel that if pearls had a scent, this would be it. I got this to layer w/ Purple Pastry. I am trying to find a combo that most resembles Purple Puff. I have just a wee few sprays of it left.

The scent may have changed after dry down for the vanilla and flowers to really bloom through the powder scent, but I had to wash it off after a few minutes. I put a swipe on each arm and I immediately started getting a red, itchy, skin reaction. I don't have sensitive skin at all, but I must be allergic to mica. I am sooo sad that I may have to put this, and my new Sensual Harmony which caused the same reaction, up on my trade page. Wahhhhhhhh! I'm going to try again, this time after applying lots of lotion and I'll just put on a dot to see if I get the same thing.

I'll be stalking your page ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Believe the hype! A classy, sensual billow of orchid, vanilla and musk. Goes on smooth, stays on smooth, flawless in presentation a luminous, pearlized oil with a silver frosted lable. Will keep an eye out for similar blends of this sold out scent.

• 4 years later...

What were the notes in this one? I got a teeny, tiny decant of it from Phergineer, and as I suspected, I have fallen in love with it. I would totally misbehave and buy a bottle if anyone had any to sell...I never see it on the trades forum, though. :(

Here's an excerpt from Mara's notes for me, but I'll put the notes in the first post as well.

...a “white” base of vanilla musk, white amber and marshmallow, but flashes of “color” from lush orchids, water lilies and lotus blossoms.

It's one of my very favorite versions of a "white" scent as well as vanilla musk.

Here's an excerpt from Mara's notes for me, but I'll put the notes in the first post as well.

...a “white” base of vanilla musk, white amber and marshmallow, but flashes of “color” from lush orchids, water lilies and lotus blossoms.

It's one of my very favorite versions of a "white" scent as well as vanilla musk.

Thank you! I'm looking for the description now...

• 2 weeks later...

There's something about this one that makes my eyes roll back in my head in ecstasy. Unfortunately I only had a few drops of a decant, so it's pretty much gone (and hence my constant search for it on the trade threads! Not that anyone is giving this beauty up).

I want to know what makes my eyes roll back in my head. Lotus? I have no idea. Help.

• 1 year later...

Went through my stash last night and realised that I have an unopened bottle in addition to an almost new opened bottle. This was one of my daughter's favourite and didn't allow me to trade it off years back. 

I'm always a great fan of orchid scents but the creamy note didn't quite agree with me. This reminds me of LP Silver and Sensual Harmony although they are nowhere close in terms of ingredients. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2019 at 11:35 PM, JOC said:

Went through my stash last night and realised that I have an unopened bottle in addition to an almost new opened bottle. This was one of my daughter's favourite and didn't allow me to trade it off years back. 

I'm always a great fan of orchid scents but the creamy note didn't quite agree with me. This reminds me of LP Silver and Sensual Harmony although they are nowhere close in terms of ingredients. 

Ooooh, would you trade your bottle?

@Most Holy, I know you're new so you don't know this (and that's okay), but we don't allow what we call "threadstalking" in review threads.  Meaning, if someone says that perhaps they didn't like a particular scent when they reviewed it, you can't respond to them asking if they're willing to trade/sell.  Someone's declaration of intent to do so is limited to the Trading Post subforum.  If you're looking for something, that's where you'd go.  We want people to feel comfortable in stating their opinions which may change later on; it often happens that someone may not like a scent today, but will love it the next time they try it.

• 2 weeks later...