A Treasure of Gold

luna65

AD-ATO-Gold-LovePotion_.jpg

A Treasure of Gold

Gold is the most highly-prized of all precious metals and perhaps most of all for the duality of its representation. Gold is a transitional metal, its inherent worth is in its flexibility… gold represents strength, aggression, masculine energy, but true strength is not delivered with brute force, but with the power of the mind and the ability to transform the world around you to your satisfaction….like gold, reality can be shaped to your Will if pursued with the alchemy of intelligence. Succulent blooms of wild honeysuckle and golden lotus are gilded with aureate molten caramelized honeyed amber and the potion shimmers with pure golden mica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
YELLOW LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
GOLDEN AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification, increases power of spells and other ingredients.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Treasure Of...Gold

Let me start out by proclaiming:
If you want to boost any of January's scents, this would be the one. This is so rich and decadent and outrageous it could totally cover copulins and the most stinky of the sexual mixes.

Many "golden" scents have a dry quality to them, I find, but this is more like having gold poured over you, it really does capture that gilded feeling of liquid gold. The floral notes and the sweet notes are equal to me, and equally delicious and big and flashy. But not loud. Like how an ornate piece of jewelry can make a bold statement without being gauche. That's the mood of this fragrance.

It lasts only a couple hours on me, though, which surprised me because I thought it would hang in there for the long haul. But while it does it is completely enthralling. The amber is that "chewy" type which I love so very much...*drools*

I haven't had the best luck with honey, but this might be one I can wear! When I first put it on, it was so ruch and buttery and smelled exactly like butterscotch. I think it must have been the carmelized sugar doing that. It quickly mellowed to a rich honey with strong floral notes and it has stayed that way. It's a very elegant and classy scent to my nose. It's not an overly sexy scent, but you can take it that way with a phero. like Luna said, this one can cover the big guns!

This was my first TREASURE try. It's so lush and glorious - the floral lends a brightness and sparkliness to the sultriness of the honey. It's been ten hours and now it's mostly the lotus left. Gorgeous

This is very warm and sweet on me. It starts off buttery and gooey like honey. Then it becomes sweet and lush. I love the combination of amber and honey in this. It feels very decadent and rich like a honeyed creme brulee golden tiramisu type of dessert. I also get a bit of orange in this, or it could be the gold. If Darling Clementine had a very very wealthy blue blooded Aunt from Boston, that sat in her bedroom suite and wore black velvet dresses dripping in 24k gold jewelry for tea and butter cream cakes on Saturdays while staring out from the balcony at her lush floral garden of Eden.. then she spots the gardener.. young, beefy and golden( just like this scent )wearing a cowboy hat and ripped jeans trimming her lotus bushes.. yes this would be her.

Sexy, Sinful, and Rich - just like Darling Clementine's aunt.

Today this is even more floral than the first time -- very honeysuckley, drenched in honey -- and has a very candied aspect. In the several hours since I put it on, everywhere I go, people are staring hungrily at me. Not sexual, hungry, like in a cartoon when someone sees something and it looks like a chicken drumstick to them instead of whatever it really is. There is nothing special going on with me today besides the scent, so I'm confident it's the Gold :D

I'm more than halfway done with my sample. I love the way this smells on me. I feel so sexy and womanly. I feel like a power house.

Is there an ingredient for confidence in this? The treasures should be a permanent collection like the Spell Kits and Tarots.

The treasures should be a permanent collection like the Spell Kits and Tarots.

Neiher of those are permanent, to my knowledge.

I would say the yellow lotus probably inspires confidence, given its inherent properties.

Totally I am placing my order today and was thinking how many bottles I could buy without being a hoarder.

How many bottles qualifies you as being a hoarder?

If you run out of space to store them and they are hanging out on your living room floor next to stacks of newspapers and boxes of doll heads, then you are a hoarder.

If you run out of space to store them and they are hanging out on your living room floor next to stacks of newspapers and boxes of doll heads, then you are a hoarder.

Hahaha!

Man, it is *impossible* for me to pick out a favorite this month!!!!! Much like the spell collection, I will eventually own every bottle in the Treasure collection. I love the combination of sweet & floral notes. I'm a honeysuckle fan & the notes in this play a sweet background to it. I can't say it enough, but I also love that I can smell the mica in these. It makes me feel like I'm literally wearing the distilled essence of gold, etc..

At first this was very foody, like vanilla pudding with candied flower petals. But after about 30 minutes it's become sweet honeysuckle.

This is beautiful! Smells very dressy.

I put it on as my morning scent (before my shower if I don't want to commit to anything for the day yet) and I feel very innapropriate wearing this in my jammies.

It is quite sweet and caramely AND flowery.

I smell no honey at all. But truthfully I cannot really pick out any of the individual notes...it all blends seamlessly.

It definitely stands out in a crowd. If I smelled it on someone else I think it would stick in my head because I would be trying to figure out what it was.

I think if you want to make a mysterious impression you would be wise to drench yourself in this scent and add some SS4W!

this is a foodie scent on me. i get shimmery butter right away and almost a coconut scent? is there coconut in this? a little flowery but not much. very interesting to my nose. still not sure about it though. will try again

I just loaded the cart and closed my eyes. I love this one and am already planning a list with more of this on it.

I will not let this disappear without me being fully stocked.

I love this for the rest of my life.

K, so if it disappears before I has monies to get some, I'm knocking on your trade post door lady :Emoticons04250:

Ok so, whew! After reading LV rave about it, I was scared to try and fall in love with the last bottle available (I'm kidding here, I don't know what's left in the cart...)

On me it's honey/honeysuckle, which is lovely but not one I'm going to DIE without...and I say that with much relief as there are others (SEVERAL) I need to get!

• 2 weeks later...

Right out of the bottle this is lovely all soft honey and honeysuckle, even a little bit foody. However as soon as it dries down on my skin it goes stanky. It smells like the bad hot skin smell that I get from Clinique self tanners. I think it's the lotus going very very awry.

This looks beyond amazing. I'm not a major floral fan, but I love honeysuckle, and LPMP florals like my skin more than most (typically, even a hint of a note and I smell like soap or rotting stems... and tropical florals just vanish).

I tried this last night, I was intrigued by Lady V's enthusiasm... I liked the scent, it was all creamy honey on me. BUT... it turned red where I applied it within minutes, and was itchy and almost... burned. So I don't know what it was that triggered it, but this one and I will have part ways...

• 3 months later...

My five year old has now claimed this for her own. She said she wanted sleep perfume tonight. I reach for the Pillow Stuffing. She says no, she wants Gold. I'm like whaaaaa...oh, that's not sleep perfume. She says 'it is if it makes me feel sleepy'. Fair point. It didn't though, she's just conked out two hours later. It smells nice, but doesn't make you sleep lol.

I love this one when I want to feel gorgeous, rich and bitchy. It gives me the same feeling that LP black does. I don't wear it to sleep though.. I can't . Benzoin makes my soul wander and I wore this twice to bed and I had to use a thimble to sew my soul back in..

I use it for day and I looove it! Great cops cover too.

• 4 months later...

'Kayso, I tried this earlier on, got a weird start with great beauty following and a gorgeous extreme drydown. Sooooo, since the weird start was really tweaking me the wrong way, I put ATO Gold away for...oh probably half a year. Figured I should let it age. Well, I wore it again today and I still get the same progression. The weird start is--this is going to sound soooooo strange--squished grass with a little butter on it. Sort of. That's the only way I can explain it. Hee!!! I can't for the life of me figure out where my nose gets that.

Make no mistake: Once the weird stuff passes, this perfume is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. I just can't hang with the weird right now. Poopie. :P:huh::P

I think I know what you mean EOSP. I wore it the other day and it is just a stunning, booming, gorgeous, brassy ballsy in your face, '40s white dress movie star va va voom....most of the way... but in the first hour or so I admit I was like "eeeek what's going on with this- I don't remember this part" :D - what you're calling grass, I think I perceived as more generically pointy. For me it was less than an hour of that thoug, then like 16 hours of fabulosity.

I get something of a weird start with this one as well, only it's not weird to my nose. To me, it smells exactly like butterscotch. But I've actually gotten a couple of comments that it smelled like cough syrup! but this is only after I first apply it. After about half an hour, it's yum to everyone!

I think I know what you mean EOSP. I wore it the other day and it is just a stunning, booming, gorgeous, brassy ballsy in your face, '40s white dress movie star va va voom....most of the way... but in the first hour or so I admit I was like "eeeek what's going on with this- I don't remember this part" :D - what you're calling grass, I think I perceived as more generically pointy. For me it was less than an hour of that thoug, then like 16 hours of fabulosity.

I get something of a weird start with this one as well, only it's not weird to my nose. To me, it smells exactly like butterscotch. But I've actually gotten a couple of comments that it smelled like cough syrup! but this is only after I first apply it. After about half an hour, it's yum to everyone!

AH-HAH!!! So I'm not a *total* freak! Weeelllll....I *am*, but you know.... Heeee!!!!!! INTERESTING that you two got that early-weirdness, too. And it IS hours of fabulosity after that.

Unfortunately, unless you can find one for trade/sale, you won't be able to now.

OH! Is this sold out now?...*runs to sample section*....back now! It looks like there are still some in the cart, at least from that part of the site? Luna, you gave me a panic because I want a bottle of ATO Aquamarine!!! :w00t: I'm going back to the cart NAO....

It was my understanding that someone bought out all the ATOs in the sale. If that's not true then I have some buying to do too.

• 1 month later...

I got this boosted with cops. And can't smell cops at all. This really does smell "golden" It's very perfumey on me, amping the floral notes. I like it the vial, but not sure now that its on my skin. Might go on my trade list. Will have to test again.

• 1 month later...

I don't get any weird cough syrup or grass smell, it is a beautiful perfumey scent. I can't do the dirty/sexy honey. The honey in here is sweet and is one of the few honeys I can wear. The scent reminds me of something an older, elegant woman would wear. I added cops to mine and it seems to be a great cover.