A Treasure of Amethyst

Invidiana

AD-ATO-Amethyst-LovePotion_.jpg

A Treasure of Amethyst

The vibrational wavelength of Amethyst encourages the awakening of the subconscious mind….it assists us in becoming receptive to higher consciousness, psychic energy, dreams and creativity. Seduce your muse with this heady combination of evening-gathered lavender, mind-expanding pink lotus absolute, lush amber, pink fairy floss, blackberry jam and just a couple of drops of muscadine, made visually mesmerizing with the shimmer of cosmetic-quality purple mica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
BLACKBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Considered holy by some, and a food of the Fae.
MUSCADINE ~ Fertility, increases mental prowess, money attracting.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all I love the iridescent purple shimmer in this. Reminds me of one of my favorite nail polishes. :)

The lavender and blackberry in this are actually a really relaxing combo. This isn't your cloying candy berry scent from the seventh grade but a dark, sticky and just-sweet-enough blackberry (similar to the blackberry note in That Kind of Girl but not in a foody context) with a touch of sugar from the cotton candy. Wet I get a hint of winey muscadine, but as they are both dark purple fruits I think it ends up blending seamlessly with the blackberry in the drydown. At least on my skin there's something of a rosy quality to this; I think it's the merging of the lavender and lotus that's doing it. I mysteriously keep amping rose as it dries down though I know there isn't a drop of rose in here! Maybe the muscadine is also contributing to this. I have no idea, but am curious to see how it ages.

Love this in the bottle! On my skin, I get tons of sweet berry for the first 15 minutes or so. Then it mellowed and something else came out, i'm thinking the muscadine. It smelled faintly of wine and then the blackberry took over and started doing that thing it does in That Kind of Girl on my skin--it gets deep and almost masculine. I'm just now starting to get the lavender. I will have to wait this out and see what happens. I love blackberry so much but my skin does not! :cry:

And Beccah, yes!! I think it would make an awesome spray!

ETA: The lavender and later, the lotus, came out and put the blackberry in its place and smelled positively lovely until I showered. So happy! I think I like this for the spring.

Edited by BlueBear

A Treasure of...Amethyst

Love the mica, so pretty! This is my favorite gemstone.

But alas, the lavender in this one does not like me. It's not medicinal, but it's sharp in some way. After drydown it mostly fades and I really enjoy all the other notes - like a tangy version of LP Purple - but I don't think I can wear this.

mixed feelings about this one, or perhaps it that I've tried too many of the "Treasures", don't know which is which. d'oh

Purple was so my spirit color as a child, and as soon as I put this on I got an incredibly intense rush of nostalgia...and I found an amethyst in a park when I was about nine or ten! So this totally vibrates with me. It does go a bit pointy on me in early drydown but it's not unpleasant- more bracing- and dries down surprisingly subtle and soft. I'm leery of winey notes but it plays nice in this one.

I wore this to bed last night and it started off very strong and masculine. As it mellowed out and dried, I could smell the lavender with a bit of cream. Maybe it was the blackberries and lavender, sometimes blackberries smell like cream on me. Is there cream in this?

It smelled so pretty! Reminded me of New but a bit stronger and sexier.

sounds divine!

This one reminds me a little bit of one of my personal faves.... Body Paint, surprised no one else has thought so.

Amethyst is my birthstone....like Tyvey, this one "vibrates" with me too.

And there's really only the tiniest drop of muscadine in here. I added it more for the inclusion of the vibrational wavelength than the scent.

Feeling purple: :princess:

• 2 weeks later...

This one reminds me a little bit of one of my personal faves.... Body Paint, surprised no one else has thought so.

Amethyst is my birthstone....like Tyvey, this one "vibrates" with me too.

And there's really only the tiniest drop of muscadine in here. I added it more for the inclusion of the vibrational wavelength than the scent.

Feeling purple: :princess:

This is my birthstone too and though I don't know if it's my kind of scent, I'm tempted to order a sample just because it's an Amethyst.

Mara! I KNEW you were a Feb birthday too. I could just tell.

• 3 weeks later...

My experience of this is kind of a combination of Invi's and tyvey's. I *don't* get rose like Invi, but I do feel a flower, so I assigned that to the lotus. I also *don't* get lavender as itself, but I can see how it's probably blending with the blackberry. Interestingly enough, when I wore this earlier today, I had a bunch of lavender essential oil on me for therapeutic reasons...and they blended seamlessly. Surprised me....but...well, duh! I'd forgotten lavender was in this!

So since amethyst is one of my absolute favorite stones, I figured I'd at least like this one.

:heart: LOVE it. Fruity, warm, sweet love. :heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 4 weeks later...

If a T of A were a song by a choir we'd have a fun, smooth, and sassy song. The choir is comprised of lotus sopranos, blackberry altos, and a lavender diva soloist. The lavender stands out, like Luna, a bit sharp on me. I haven't thought of this song in a long time, but "The Boy from New York City" by the Manhattan Transfers come to mind.

• 1 month later...

Oh goodness! Gonna wear this for my date tomorrow I think! Reminds me of the mure et musc moisturiser I used to use years ago. There's kind of a hint of lavender but blended right into the blackberry, love the fruity purpleness of it.

• 8 months later...

This one is very sheer on me, almost not there. It is just a faint floral in the background. I just get a light lavender from this. Wouldn't say it's my favourite, but I realised with some excitement when I shake it up really well the purple mica does a pretty purple-green-purple-green thing! Love it!

• 2 months later...

It's not medicinal, but it's sharp in some way.

It does go a bit pointy on me in early drydown but it's not unpleasant- more bracing- and dries down surprisingly subtle and soft.

When I did my first "wave by nose sniffing" of the bottle tonight I did think "something smells kind of medicine like". But that was on the very first whiff, I thought that would be highly unlikely so I of course snuffled a few more times before applying to both wrists and figured my shnoz was just messing with me but maybe it was something of the lavender? On application it was super sweet - completely unexpected! (I only just looked up the notes tonight after applying). On dry down it's distinctly floral forward (lotus?) but sweet and...clean? And during dry down I agree with the something a "bit pointy" but it settles to a dreamy light perfect for bedtime scent (I'm saying that because I'll be crashing shortly and this will be wonderful to drift off with) but I could see wearing this as a day or evening scent. Once it dries down it clings really close to my skin, which I like because my skin can amp some florals. But when I get really close to my arm it seems more sweet and then when I back away a few inches it seems more floral...CRAZY. But over all, although it isn't something I would have ordered for myself, we like each other and this one is fresh and feminine and I think it will be great for spring and summer and I've got a fb to play with! :love:

• 1 year later...

Initially this was a very strong sugar and "water" scent, assuming from the lotus. The lavender was not coming across strong at all on me. After dry-down the lavender and blackberry came out, very soft and feminine. After wearing for a few hours the scent is lavender and sugar now. Not syrupy at all but soft and sweet. I love how it's evolving as I've been wearing it! A clean delicate fragrance, wears very close to the skin too.

• 6 months later...

This scent was a total surprise to me. I LOVE it in the bottle. My thought upon first sniff was that somehow, it actually smells like "purple." I don't know how something can smell like purple, but this does. Maybe it's due to all the purpleliciousness that lives in it. Full disclosure: I'm a bit of a purple fanatic.

At any rate, sadly, it totally changes on my skin. ALL the beautiful sweetness disappears, leaving me with a "spicy" smell that I can't identify. Maybe it's the amber? It doesn't smell bad, it just doesn't smell like I expected it to. My husband sniffed my wrist and told me that it almost smelled like cantaloupe. I didn't get that, myself, but I am a weirdo who puts salt on my cantaloupe so what do I know?

Before trying it, I was considering a full bottle. But after trying it, sadly, I don't think it would work for me. I intend to try everything all over again some other time, and see if anything turns out different. This will definitely be one that I will try again before I give up on it completely.

• 2 months later...

First whiff was juic. I applied and sniffed as it first hit my skin. Yummy, warm blackberries and a pop of the sweetest lavender. That's perfect, as I have potted blackberries that are directly next to two Hidcote Lavender. The temps here are far to cold for any sort of scented thing to bloom, but my arm says otherwise. I am in my garden for the first 30 minutes after application.

After 30 minutes, this turns sweeter, far less blackberry, more floral and softness. There is no lotus in this for me..which is typically a good thing since I amp it to the moon.At about an hour in, this is just a hint of warmth with the slightest hint of sleepy lavender. This almost glides across the skin. This would be lovely for a warm, summer evening.