A Treasure of Sapphires

luna65

AD-ATO-Sapphire-LovePotion_.jpg

A Treasure of Sapphires

The essence of Blue: a casual hue, a vibrational wavelength of peace, relaxation, serenity and ease of communication. This fragrance is comprised of notes which radiate these qualities, as comfortable to wear as your favorite pair of faded denims, and the perfect aromatic accompaniment to complete your outfit or your mood. A bushel of sun dappled blueberries - some freshly picked, some turned to jam - melded with a small bouquet of blue florals: hyacinth, wisteria and water lily; a sprinkling of "blue" sugar and baby powder, and a touch of German blue chamomile and blue musk. This fragrance starts with a flash of fresh blueberry, then dries down to a serene, almost dusty, musky comfort scent, and shimmers with cosmetic-quality iridescent sapphire blue mica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm.
HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck; protection, playfulness, joy,
relieves grief, eases childbirth. Dependability, constancy, friendship.
WISTERIA ~ Welcoming of
new person into your life. Youth, eloquence.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
CHAMOMILE ~ Prosperity, calming & soothing. Love, peace, meditation.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Treasure of...Sapphires

Anyone who is a fan of "blue" scents like OCCO Blue (or its' un-phero'd counterpart) will enjoy this one, I think.

It starts out with a bright kind of blueberry - not quite candied but sweet - which then burns off fairly quickly (like, in about 15 minutes for me) to that soft smooth quality which is meant to evoke denim cotton. I'm not generally a fan of powdery scents but I do like this; it's very versatile in that you could wear it any time, it hugs the skin and smells comforting and comfortable. The floral notes blend with the powdery notes and the base perfectly, I really don't get any one thing over another save the blueberry in the very beginning.

This is what you'd want to wear with your favorite comfy clothes on a weekend afternoon, but it would be great for bedtime or the workplace as well.

Yeah I feel like I need the whole set just from first sniff!

(Give me thee booty, arr!)

The blueberry comes back on me after a bit, but soft, just a little hint of it; it could be the blue sugar, however.

I love that the blueberry is not artificial smelling. It's very fresh, and a little strong in the beginning, but like Luna said, it dies down quickly. The fragrance is very soft and wears close to my skin. To me this smells like a summer day, with the scent of blueberries and flowers wafting in the breeze.

I wanted this to be my favorite, since my birthstone is sapphire and I love blue, but the scents are all so fabulous this month, I can't decide! I think I will put this on my summer scents list.

Wet, and early in drydown, I get mostly cumin. Yup. Now a few hours in, the blueberry is taking over. Not sure what to make of it! Intriguing, will report more later. I drastically changed my diet in the past week so I'm wondering if that is affecting how scents interact with me.

Cumin huh? I usually amp that if it's even vaguely possible, but no. Not on my skin. This does come on with a big blueberry rush...sweet yet tart. Florals come in nicely after, w/a hint of musk...all very gentle. I agree - this feels like spring, and like it goes with soft cotton clothes on the weekend. Lovely!

something in this has a faint smell of eow, but I like it !

then dries down to a lovely scent of blues, or what I imagine blues would smell like.

Big bold blueberry at the start which almost instantly starts to fade into the fuzzy softness of this scent. It's definitely a blue scent, reminds me of Cuddlebunny with Blueberry and more florals. Very pretty, but probably not very me. I will continue to monitor it's progress as it dries down, but this might be off to the trade pile.

ok, i was looking most at this one since sapphire is my birthstone. i get blueberries right off the hop and a sort of fluffy fizzy feeling. i second Halo as feeling like a blueberry Cuddlebunny. very interesting. I like it though!! I almost get a licorice note in it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very blueberry on me wet- then it mellows down quickly to very light blue florals, the soft musky pillows.. and I want my bed.

I can't atop yawning! It's very soothing and relaxing and I bet this would be great for bedtime. I like how it transforms to something very soft and warm. Like laundry when it's first out of the dryer and you envelop your face in your toddlers clothes because it smells so soft and like a baby- only more grown up laundry.. like white men's shirts and cotton boxer briefs, grey ones.

OMG I CANNOT stop yawning! This is very very relaxing, might be great for reducing stress.

Edited by LadyVictoria

trying this again I don't get the eow anymore, blueberries, yep, blueberries.....and Tyvey's CUMIN !!! Hah !

I'll try it again next week and I do like this one :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hmm I'm not sure about this yet. It's a nice scent but I might end up trading/selling my bottle. It's a definitely blue scent. It seems a bit heavy on me though, maybe it's the cumin. The blueberry is nice and real smelling though. I'm not sure if this scent is giving me a stuffy nose or it's something else. Hmm. It could be the sugar plum fae, roses are hit or miss for me.

• 6 months later...

It is very interesting to me how my scent preferences have changed over the years. As many of you know, I was very active in the LP forums in late 2006-early 2008. During that period of my life, I so preferred the deep resins, relishing and savoring their richness, reveling in their depth. And, the lighter scents, while I could definitely appreciate them artistically and be so aware of their esthetic beauty, just didn’t seem to mesh (for me) on my skin chemistry. I found them to be wispy, powdery, and not in a good way but in a way which was a bit nauseating. Strangely enough, many of these scents are the ones which My Beloved preferred; he has always appreciated most the clean, powdery scents

Yet, now... and whether it is body chemistry changes, life changes, mental/emotional changes, I cannot say... but my scent repertoire is definitely expanding and those scents which I would have once felt did not work for my skin are now working. While I do still have a love for the resins, finding them to be so comforting and sexy, the lighter scents and (big surprise for me here!) the aquatic scents are also working so nicely on my skin now! A nice surprise, albeit an expensive one (means there are so many MORE LPs I find I MUST have!). A Treasure of Sapphires is precisely one of those scents, I believe.

Wet: I get blueberries... most of them wonderfully fresh and natural and some sweetened/sugared. A delicate sugaring, just the right amount of sweetness.

On my skin, both wet and on drydown: sweet, fresh blueberries; soft, light florals, delicately blended with the blueberries; and that skin-hugging musk. Absolutely lovely! Sorry, Tyvey; for me, no cumin smell. Just a delicately floral/fruit softness.

I put Cuddle Bunny on my other arm, to compare the two after reading the above posts likening the scents. Cuddle Bunny , My Beloved’s long-time favorite, has always and still, to my nose, seems a bit sharp in its clean-smelling aspect. I can perceive how the softness of ATO Sapphires (perhaps what Luna is referring to as blue denim and what Lady V is referring to as the laundry scent) evokes the Cuddle Bunny vibe. Personally, I prefer ATO Sappires. I am uncertain of My Beloved response as he is not here to share. Oh, I wish he was here to compare the two for us! I’ll have to edit later to enter his response.

Drydown: This scent melds nicely, hugging close into my skin. A beautifully soft, skin scent... with surprising long staying power. Very pretty, nicely delicate, lovely and relaxing, a beautifully blended and balanced perfume, softly floral and soothing.

• 3 years later...

I bought this off Etsy along with A Treasure of Aquamarine and the two are like siblings. Hard to describe, but they both have the same quality with a different scent. Out of the bottle, I smell a floral blueberry. Upon application, there is a very fruity, yummy blueberry. This quickly burns into a more floral, water-like plant scent. The drydown is more what I would have expected of A Treasure of Aquamarine – watery floral. The blueberry is always there in the background, however. But there is a watery quality to this one. I definitely get water lily and the touches of blue musk and chamomile. It’s a blue, watery, stemmy, musky scent! This one I do have to reapply to keep the blueberry thing going and I think it gets better with more layers applied.

In regard to the blue mica, I actually do have a nail polish which looks similar to the bottle when shaken. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I started reviewing this yesterday and realized I was basically saying what Luna said at the beginning of this thread so I erased it. I thought about it though and wanted to point out a couple of things. First of all, this one is clearly still true to what it was in 2012 and that's fantastic!!! Also, I've tried another scent that was compared to denim but when I tried it, I couldn't make that connection. Not sure why but I just couldn't imagine that denim smelled like that. I DO get denim with this one. I can't explain it but it feels like I'm wearing my very favorite jeans and I love that about this scent. It's comfy, cozy and soft. It's that perfect faded blue.

Oh, and one more thing that is a personal observation. Blue is my favorite color and my birthstone is Sapphire. I've looked at this one way too many times and never got it. Why? Because I don't always listen to my wise inner voice who was trying to tell me I would love this. I wonder what else my inner voice wants me to buy...

Edited by tink333