A Treasure of Rubies

luna65

AD-ATO-Ruby-LovePotion_.jpg

A Treasure of Rubies

The color of passion, intensity, insatiable love, blood, and even fury....the symbol of an intensity of emotion - one that makes us really feel alive. Our rufescent concoction evokes an aura of fire in one's veins, with sparkling red top notes of currant, raspberry, cherry and strawberry jam, a fierce flash of pimento essential oil, and the earthiness of red tulips, Indian red musk, labdanum, redwood and rosewood essential oils, shimmering with cosmetic-quality deep red mica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, a magical representation of blood.
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
PIMENTO ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
TULIP ~ Love, perfection, protection, prosperity. Renewal of warmth, love, and hope.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
REDWOOD ~ Protection, love, success, power.
ROSEWOOD ~ Divination, glamour, feminine energy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Treasure of...Rubies

Like Sang Real, this is a red scent - though not with the exact same qualities. But every note contributes to a deep and rich redness: the tangy fruit, the spice, the depth of all those which form the base. This is the red of a ruby from ancient Burma and thus it insipired me, so please to be enjoying my little tale...

"blood from a stone"
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1jcAcqKFuQci04P6QAw_Q9X9N7kEsZIqL9CP89AoZ-PY

Oh man that is the final scene of a great feature film if I ever read one.

On me the currant was all stabby stabby wet as usual, but calmed down into the whole juicy pulpy dark red of the whole. Even before reading luna's above my primary impression was of great female power and will - I thought of snow white's wicked queen. Screams for Dom...

Edited by tyvey

I wasn't sure what rosewood smelled like, but it must smell like roses because that's what I'm getting from this. Initially, I get lots of berry with this, but then the rose scent comes out, and it's almost like a gentler, more floral Mamelons de Cerise. On me, it smells very soft and old fashioned, which sounds the opposite of what Luna and Tyvey described. Skin chemistry never ceases to amaze me!

Hi, girls! How does the pimento note presents itself? Spicy, peppery?

At first I thought this was reminiscent of Girly Twirly, of all things, but as soon as it dried and the berries calmed down, the Rosewood (I guess that's what) came out and this bitch put Girly Twirly in her place! I love GT for a fun, playful sexy scent but Rubies is indeed a strong, regal sexy scent.

I didn't think that Rosewood smelled like roses but I do get a warm rose feeling from this after awhile. I don't go for anything rosey generally but this I absolutely love. It must be the "wood" in the Rose. :lol:

If Blushing Embers is my new "I'm so cute and sexy" date night scent...this is my new "I'm so fucking hot let's skip dinner" date night scent.

I really intense red flowers from this. It's like I'm in a room with red roses, red tulips, red carnations. I'm not sure that this one will work on me....it's very intense.

If Blushing Embers is my new "I'm so cute and sexy" date night scent...this is my new "I'm so fucking hot let's skip dinner" date night scent.

Haha! This made me laugh! I really want to order a set now!!! EVerything sounds SO GOOD! :D

I originally skipped over this because of the pimento berry--anyone prone to amping peppery scents, did you amp it?--but ruby is my birthstone, so I think a sample just might be riding along with my next order. ;)

I amp pepper, but don't have a problem with this. It just sort of adds an edge to it. YMMV though because my skin is doing a number on this. I'm not complaining, by any means. I like what it's doing A LOT; it's just very different from others. Can't wait til more reviews start rolling in!

Not surprisingly with my skin chemistry this is REALLY BERRY at first, over any other note. Given time to mellow, it's got lucious spicy layering going on behind it. It's calmed down quite a bit, and is YUMMY! Tangy/spicy red goodness...

oh wow!! this is cherry berry goodness!! mmm.. there is a little hint of spice but Dang!! this is awesome!!! i might need a bottle of this. kind of reminds me of a Shirley Temple until something flowery comes out.

........This is the red of a ruby from ancient Burma and thus it insipired me, so please to be enjoying my little tale...

"blood from a stone"

https://docs.google....ZIqL9CP89AoZ-PY

Another brilliant one, luna! Damn, woman, you had me freakin' mesmerized through the whole piece. I love your writing!!!

:burning-heart:

P.S. And, of course, you *know* this means I need a full damned bottle of this now.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 5 weeks later...

I pulled this out of the hoard after you all bumped up the thread, and I love it. I didn't get any spiciness; just a rich RED scent. It suits being called "rubies" perfectly! And suits wearing in February perfectly as it is very Valentinesy, and I will wear it the rest of this month (I celebrate my holidays for the entire month they're in :D ). It did not last a long time on my skin, but I will try moisturizing first and it probably will be fine.

Edited by Darbla

• 3 weeks later...

This is very RED for me, too. Am finally testing it today! When I snoofed the vial, I got mixed red fruitiness and just a touch of...almond! Don't have a clue where that came from. It's not in the notes. On my skin, however, the almondy smell went away and was immediately replaced with a round, red, berryish loveliness that morphed into a rose at a party. Like this red rose was hanging out with polished furniture and cinnamon and bowls of juicy red fruit pieces and happy people...and *sophisticated* punch... It's had a little time to morph, now, and the rosey scent is floating in and out of the red fruitiness. Except it *isn't* in-your-face-kiddie-fruity. It's a long, burgundy velvet sheath dress kind of fruity. I don't know why I'm getting rose here. It's one of those blend thangs. This is lovely!

• 8 months later...

Love the red mica in it but it took some effort to shake it around in a full sample vial. I'd love to mix this in my body lotion and spread it on my shoulders when I wear my off-shoulder or one-shoulder dress one day.

This made a bold statement as a regal juicy red berry scent on my skin. It mellowed down after drydown but did not allow itself to be forgotten of it's presence. Hours after application, I was left with the dirt scent which some honey leave on my skin. I don't know why as I believe there isn't any honey in this one.

I like this but I'm not totally crazy over it to purchase a fb.

• 3 months later...

I can't believe I haven't written a review on this yet, it is one of my favourites! It truly smells like a deep, red rose to me. A grown-up rose smell, without being old lady. It has a lovely, tangy, fruity quality to it, with a depth and warmth from some kind of spices. To me this is the epitome of a sexy red dress.

• 1 year later...

This does scream RED at first sniff Tart, juicy RED. I love it in the vial, but on my skin it amps the REDWOOD, which is shocking because it's the last ingredient! I've noticed lately that woods seem to always push their way to the top when they are on my skin. Sadly, not working for me, but A Treasure of Rubies is just the ticket for fruit juicy red fans.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 5 months later...

Finally, a gemstone one that behaved itself on my skin! First impression was wet, juicy, deep red berries, although now, in the vial, I'd swear I smell roses along with those berries...not sure where that's coming from. Does rosewood smell like roses? I don't know my notes. Anyway, it's gorgeous.

It actually reminds me very much of Ruby Red, although Ruby Red seems "drier" somehow, without that floral edge. On my skin, A Treasure of Rubies stayed pretty true to the scent in bottle, although it settled down after awhile to a soft, sweet musky fragrance. Very perfumey, but in a good way.

This is another one that requires further testing, sometime in the future.

• 1 month later...