I'm trying to put together a list of samples that I'd like to order, and I keep coming back to Lace. Is this a blend I can wear in public without causing a scandal or a riot?

Also a question about the EST: has anyone ever had any negative effects with younger men? I know the write-up said it could happen & I don't want to scare the young'un off!

Shoot! I think I posted in the wrong place! Should be in the new users guide. Sorry!

Edited by Eggers

Lace is not sold in a sample size,unless there is one left from the pick-your-potion promotion,you might want to mail Mara...Garland & Lace V4 is an awesome scent,extremely popular around here,hence version #4 !

I have not had any negative experiences with Lace in any form,quite the contrary,it is one of favorite blends...the only way to know what works on and for you and yours,is to try it!

Hiya Calii,

I think it was the Garland and Lace v4 I was looking at. I'd want it scented, anyway, 'cause I think that to start with, it would be better for me to have everything scented. Plus, that way I get to try a bunch of scents, too! If G&L v4 is still there when I'm ready to place my order, I'll get some for sure. If not, I guess I'll wait for v5! Lol!

Def try Lace, It's one of my favorites. I don't think the negative effects with EST were attributed to any certain age of man but more with the "type"?

It seems I recall reading that "alpha" male types were more attracted to an EST phero signature. Well, I wear a lot of Lace, Cuddle Bunny and Sexology (all EST blends) and have never had any neg experiences. And with all different sorts of men it seems! Also I think Mara once referred to EST as the "Female Magic" in blends and...I like the sound of that!

Also read that whole thread about EST that Ail wrote if you haven't already!...I think it is in the New Users Guide section.

I might have read the EST thread already. I'll have to go back and read it again, though. Honestly, I've been reading so much on this site that I think my eyeballs are going to dry up and fall out!

It's tough to tell with my boyfriend what 'type' he is, or likes. But I figured that if I'm going to order a bunch of samples, it couldn't hurt to throw something with Lace in there. I read the 'Female Magic' thing too. I think that's what caught my attention.

I'm off to the New Users Guide to read about EST...

Yeah...even if you just get the Lace for you. Lots of us here get great self effects from it.

I know... the info here can get overwhelming and it never seems to end. For example...reading the posts between you and Luna on the other thread has convinced me that I def need to include an Unscented Super Sexy in my next order. I'd been putting it off. Now it seems you have cost me!! :lol:

Oh well! It's all fun!

I am looking forward to hearing about how you like everything when you get your order!!

You will be so distracted by New Releases and all the lists of scents and pheros you want you won't have as much time to stress about the young'un!

Haha! Sorry about the pocketbook! It's not me, I swear - it's this place! Everything is so intriguing. Every time I start reading, I'm absolutely fascinated.

And about new scents - I'm already a bit of a scent junkie, having made my own for the last 10 years or so - I am so going to lose the house! My boyfriend just groaned when I told him about this fabulous 'perfume' site I'd found. He knew immediately it's going to cost. A lot. :-) I'm already distracted by so many awesome sounding scents. I'm going for some of the phero blends first, 'cause that's what brought me here in the first place, but I can see myself spending way too much money on beautiful perfumes... spiked with pheros, of course!

I kind of liked the idea of Lace, too. Something about it, (other than the fact that it's named after the girliest thing on the planet), makes me think it will make me feel pretty. :-)

I don't think the negative effects with EST were attributed to any certain age of man but more with the "type"?

Right. A man who is not afraid of chivalristic impulses or protective feelings will react wonderfully to EST. Men who don't like to act that way. or desire a woman to be the dominant one in the relationship, will feel strange when exposed to it. But EST will enhance the innate feminine ideal which some men prefer.

I'm really curious to see how the boyfriend will react. He's generally very protective of everyone, but he's not physically expressive. Not even wiith me, which bums me out, snce I"m one of those women who really craves non-sexual physicality. Oooh, I like the sexual brand too, of course. But it might be nice to get a kiss or a hug just for the sake of the kiss/hug. That's what I'm really curious about. If it doesn't work, too bad for me, I guess. But jeez, it would be so nice! :-) And he has his chivalristic moments, so there's hope!

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my first shipment of trial scents a few days ago, and while I'd been planning all along to use cops first, (at home, alone, with my BF), I wound up trying Lace last night. I wasn't feeling particularly sexy - I was tired, and so not feeling the sex vibe within myself - but I was staring at this little pile of scented phero samples, and ached to try something.

So I put on a little Garland and Lace. (I will review the scent in the review section later). I chose Lace mostly because I was anxious about his reaction to EST. It's something that seems to resonate with my personality, and I really want to be able to wear it around him.

As best as I could using the tiny dipsticks from the trial vial, I used my approximation of 'the Mara manouver', then added a l'il swipe to the inside of each elbow, and a little swipe on each side of my neck, then a dot on each wrist, smooshed together. My boyfriend and I were sitting across the room from each other, watching movies, and I was curious about how much he would pick up, if anything, from a distance of about six or seven feet.

At first, nothing. If anything, he seemed to suddenly get kind of silent, and he almost seemed grumpy, but he was super-tired, too, so it may have just been that he was 'fading'. But the silence/grumpiness passed, and we had a great time watching cheesy movies, and laughing. We were having fun. I got up a few times, and crossed the room close to him, to see if I could make my yummy little cloud of scent reach him, but he didn't react to even the eggnog yumminess until I bent over and 'fluffed' my shirt out at him, and asked if he liked the scent. His response was to lift the hem of my shirt, and stick his head right under! That seemed like a pretty good sign.

He didn't appear any 'softer' to me. Ha! He still made me go down and pay for the pizza we ordered! But he was generally in a good mood - tired, but kind of giddy and full of jokes, which was nice.

Later on, (this was a l-o-n-g night of movie watching), he grabbed a blanket and curled up on the floor in front of the tv. At this point, I was kind of bummed that I didn't notice any enhanced affection from him, (can you tell it really, really bothers me that he's a hands-off kind of guy?), so I decided to take matters into my own hands, and curled up with him on the floor. It was nice - you know, normal, but nice. But it wasn't until I tried to get up to go pee that I realized the Lace must be doing its thing, because when I tried to stand, he grabbed a handful of my shirt, and kept pulling me back down! He used to do this in his sleep: I'd try to get up to go to the bathroom, and he would clutch me in his sleep, and refuse to let me get out of bed. This was just like that, except that he was awake. It was pretty sweet, I have to say. And very funny. And not really like him. I was pleased.

It didn't occur to me that Lace might cause a sexual reaction in either one of us, either. But it did. In me it was pretty subtle, but it was definitely there. I suppose that it was pretty subtle in him, too - until it really wasn't!

All in all, I'd have to say that my first phero-experiment went pretty well. The whole thing was quite a bit more subtle than I'd been expecting, which was a pleasant surprise. I think I got a good idea of how far my little cloud extended around me, I got to see that my boyfriend is not going to react badly to EST, I got some snuggles, (although I had to initiate that myself), and I got a little nookie.

So, yeah... I'm a pretty happy camper right about now.

I'm interested to see what the difference is between Lace and cops. I don't know if I'll have opportunity to try the cops out on him tonight or not. But if I do have the time, I'll certainly be giving them a go!

I got some snuggles, (although I had to initiate that myself), and I got a little nookie.

Well and that's the thing about reactions in general - mostly you have to initiate, but you WILL get a reaction. That's a more effective strategy than waiting to see if something happens, because the phero will enhance your actions. Like, if I have an agenda I will use it to make it happen and judge its effectiveness forthwith.

Perfect ! :) that is just perfect!...see this is what using pheros is all about,they are an enhancement,not a club.I throughly enjoyed reading that and strongly feel you have an amazing journey ahead of you ...and him :D btw,I very much like using cops with Lace :001_302:

Hiya Luna. I was pretty happy with the way I went about my experiment. It was kind of cool to see how his behaviour changed once I got closer. I swear there was a moment right after I put it on that he looked almost as if he'd gone rigid. It didn't last long. I was still on the sofa at this point, and remained there for about 3 hours. We watched a movie, and then I had a nap on the sofa for about an hour, ('cause I was so pitifully tired I could hardly keep my eyes open). After I woke up, we ordered pizza, and watched another movie, and after we ate, I put a couple more dashes of G&L on, because I love the smell, and he did the 'stiffening-up' thing again for a few minutes. I don't really understand what that was about. But it went away as quickly as it did the first time. And shortly after that I joined him on the floor, and well...

I enjoyed getting some insight into how pheros work. It was interesting to see his reactions. I have to admit that I was hoping for him to be moved to being more softly affectionate himself. More sensual, I guess would be the word. But he's affectionate in the way 10 year old boys are affectionate - with pokes in the ribs and tickles - and I would imagine that if EST were to inspire physical displays of affection in him, they would be of the 10 yr old boy variety. While I find this kind of affection jarring, (try using a knife or cooking on the stove while someone is poking you in the ribs in an effort to flirt with you! Lol!), I will happily take it, because it's his way, and I love him.

Calii, yes, we did have a lot of fun. It felt a little like what it felt like when we were a newer couple, and that was such a satisfying feeling. I really enjoyed it, and I'm very much looking forward to experimenting a lot more with him. It's interesting, too, because I've obviously told him about the new perfumes, (of which he fully expects to be smelling a lot), but he's unaware of the pheros, so my results are less likely to be skewed. I'm hoping to have a lot more un-skewed testing in the near future. ;-) I'm glad you liked what I wrote.

Oh! And if things hadn't progressed so quickly when they began to, well, begin, I would have added cops, too! He was just too quick for me. Lol!

I just wanted to add a strange development, and I don't know if it has something to do with last night's use of Lace or not. But I thought it was kind of interesting.

I work in a fancy-pants restaurant. So fancy-pants that my boyfriend only ever walks in the place if he's forgotten his house keys or something like that. He's extremely uncomfortable there. But because our chef is very good, tonight my boyfriend turned up completely out of the blue to have dinner with his chef friend, (to show off 'my' chef)! It was the most bizarre, out-of-character thing for him to do. It's something he would have done when we were first dating, so it really tickled me.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the vibe we had between us last night, but it was so cute, and odd, that I thought I'd share. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Did I miss something in the description of this phero??? I was kind of under the impression that it was intended to give one a fun feminine aura, and not necessarily intended to cause arousal in men. Maybe I'm just a bit dense when I'm reading the descriptions. I dunno. But Lace seems to cause exactly the same reaction in my boyfriend as plain old cops do, (though not as forcefully). Is that weird? Every time I put this on it's like I put on my boyfriend nip! Not that I'm complaining one little bit. But really: am I missing something? Or am I just extremely lucky? Hehe...

I suppose my fears about my BF being a bad EST responder were completely unfounded. He's responded extremely well to both Lace and Cuddle Bunny. When I put Lace on, (in G&L), there's always a moment when his whole body seems to stiffen so much that he looks angry or like he's stewing about something, and then after about 10 minutes he becomes uber chatty, and then later on... *fun!* It's not the same as when I wear CB. His reactions to the Lace phero are what I expected from CB. How weird is that?

Every man is different in regards to what they'll respond to...but you have to remember that your bf is going to be attracted to you anyway, right? Congruence. So certain elements (like the EST) probably nudge his exisitng impulses into a more obvious response. And given that a-nol is such an effective mood elevator (and there's a lot in LACE), again, that doesn't hurt. That's why he got so talkative, it's one of the primary responses to a-nol.

Quince has a similar reaction to b-nol, it makes him all snuggly and purr-y and not adverse to a good groping, heh.

I guess you're right Luna. Maybe the thing I've missed is that my boyfriend is attracted to me. It's easy to forget that fact with him. He's not exactly verbal about it, (I can probably count 8 years of compliments on one hand), and he's not a physically affectionate person, either. Put these two things together and it's pretty easy to forget that he actually is attracted to me. I suppose in that light, it's nice to have something that makes him able to express that a bit more...

I've been afraid of trying b-nol, but I think I"m going to give it a go. I'm curious about what his response will be to that.

I do have a Sexology sample. And my bf went a little nutty over the smutty smell of Phero Girl - Sexology seems the next logical step, doesn't it? Maybe I'll try this weekend. Lol! I don't think my bf knows what hit him! He hasn't had this much action since we first got together! Haha! I'd love to find something to make him feel a little more physically affectionate. Maybe b-nol? I don't know why I'm so afraid of it! Okay. I'll give it a go this weekend... Wish me luck with the scary b-nol!

I will look for Dolce far Niente, Calii, thanks for the tip! I just found out my boyfriend has all day off with me tomorrow, so I might try rocking the sexology tomorrow afternoon or evening. Wish me luck!

Pebbles2701, I love Lace. I didn't expect it to work for me the way it does - but I'm NOT complaining! For me, Lace rocks!

If you get it, I hope you love it as much as I. It really has been a lot of fun to wear - and the Garland and Lace scent is sooo yummy! IN my next order I'm planning a bunch of sample scents so I can find some I may be able to boost witih Lace, (and several other pheros). It's def. a winner for me. ;-)