email address/shipping question

Eggers

I just read the post about updating my email address, but when I went to do it, there isn't really a spot for the one I used to join this site, (which was my gmail account), and I don't know if this will complicate things, but the email address tied to my PayPal account is a hotmail address. I know nobody's keen on hotmail these days, but it's an old, old, old address that's associated with many accounts. I would have used it here, too, except that the LP site wouldn't let me use it, (with good reason, I'm sure).

So when I make an order, how do I make sure that you have my contact info, and that my payment goes through properly? I'd be happy to PM my addresses if I knew where to send them. Or could I use one of the slots on my profile page for an address that doesn't necessarily go with the slot title?

Okay, I just found where my email address is listed. My gmail account is the one here. But I stlll have the problem of my PayPal account being associated with my hotmal account. Do I have to change my PayPal to gmail then? I'd really rather not, because there are so many places I use my PayPal for that are hooked up to hotmail. I'd rather keep it the way it is. Is it still possible to order? Again, I wouldn't mind at all if I had to forward my hotmail address to someone. Or if I could post it somewhere on my Profile page, I would do that as well.

I'm editng to add that if it is only being able to contact me that is the issue, BOTH gmail and hotmail accounts are active and checked daily.

Edited by Eggers

Hi Eggers,

It's fine to have more than one email address, we just have to know who a person is in real life in order to satisfy trading requirements or redeem forum freebies and credits. We just need to be able to link the real person to the screen name to the email address(es). No worries, you don't need to change anything, just make sure when you are communicating with us over email or phone that you use both your real name and your forum name so we know to whom we are speaking. But if you would like for us to change your official forum email address to your hotmail account, we can do that for you, no problem. K?

It's safer for you not to put your email address on your profile page.

Okay. Thanks Mara. I never really noticed, nor do I remember if there's a spot for my real name on my Profile page. I've been too excited looking around here and compiling my shopping list to really take a good look at it! I'm gonna go look now. Thanks for responding so quickly. I didn't expect to hear from anyone until Monday, and was kicking myself for not having asked sooner!

Cheers! Have a great weekend!

Gah! Sorry to bug you again. I've edited to ask how I contact you by email if I need to? Do I need to contact you when I place my order, to let you know who I am, (aside from being a mildly-obssessed crazy person)? Or is that just if you contact me by email? Sorry. So many questions. I'll catch on soon...

Edited by Eggers

Our email address is CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

When you order, there is a place to enter your screen name if you are redeeming forum freebies. The ordering process provides us with your real name and email address. You do not need to send an email along with an order unless you have to for some reason.

NO, don't put any personal information on your profile! That's public. Just make sure WE know who you are when you communicate with us.

You would not believe how many emails we get from people that are unsigned, no name of any kind, from unfamiliar email addresses. It just makes it a lot easier to communicate if we know who we are talking to.

Enjoy your weekend!

:)

Mara,

Did you get the email about my screw-up?

Hi Sweetie,

It just says "pending" on our side. It usually clears in a few days, so it will probably be fine. Yesterday was a bank holiday in the US, Sunday too, so everything will probably just catch up at the same time and be ok. I will send you an email if we are told there is a problem, but so far, so good! Thanks for the heads up!

xoxox

Okay, good. Thank you! I checked my bank's 'transactions pending' and it said it would clear on or before the 25th, so fingers crossed! Of course I would just have to forget about the books I bought, (and the makeup!) right when I ordered something fun like perfume... darn it! Apparently I went all flossy-headed when I started daydreaming about perfumes!

Yes, please let me know if something goes wonky. Thanks Mara!

Have a great day. :-)