After a stupendously shitty Friday (I didn't realize "Friday the 13th" was actually a thing!) I came home to two awesome packages. Day: brightened. But as I almost immediately had to leave again for the weekend I didn't get to really play with anything till now. But play we shall!

Wet: immediately get the oatmeal cookie dough, I feel like I'm getting a little buttery in a guilty-pleasure mmm-I'm-not-baking-for-health way… After a few minutes on me the chocolate-chips come out a bit more with the vanilla and is fast becoming an ice-cream sandwich on my skin.

Temptation to gnaw wrist: Increasing. (Unfortunately my body remained comprised of flesh and bone and not, in fact, dessert.)

Maybe it's just my chemistry but I am not yet able to detect the bacon, but it's early yet; we'll see what happens over time. Maybe if I go to the gym and sweat like a pig…

So far so love. Thanks, Mara, this is brill! Am I supposed to be able to stop smelling myself, because that's not going to happen. Just holding out hope for a bit more bacon - but really, whoever isn't?

Just holding out hope for a bit more bacon - but really, whoever isn't?

:lol:

Ain't that the truth!

But since it's just brand new, it may take a little while for all the notes to come out.

Ahhh, I put a fair bit o bacon in there! I suppose I can always send you a tiny vial of my bacon-ish combo to help amp it, if it doesn't morph enough in that direction after a few more weeks.

Glad you are enjoying it thus far, anyway!

:)

Temptation to gnaw wrist: Increasing. (Unfortunately my body remained comprised of flesh and bone and not, in fact, dessert.)

Bwahaha! Bacon, hmm? I detect an ingenious new scent to attract men! Goodness knows they will eat anything if you put bacon on it ;)

I suppose I can always send you a tiny vial of my bacon-ish combo to help amp it

ANYBODY BESIDES ME JUST WANT A BOTTLE OF THIS? j/k. but not really.

ETA which only makes me want a battle of Mlle Pancake all the more. *lusts*

Edited by tyvey

[...] if it doesn't morph enough in that direction after a few more weeks.

¡Qué Sorpresa! I didn't know the scent still has to mature afterwards (or that that was a thing). So just to understand, weeks is the usual till it settles where you intended, or how does that work?

Think of it like wine. That's how artisan fragrance works. But sometimes it might be exactly what you want at the very beginning. Sometimes it has to age a bit.

Ah, natch! Well, that explains it... I'm a vodka woman.

Point of interest then: Hypothetically, if a scent is exactly what one wants at the beginning there's still the probability it will change away from that as it ages... How do you even begin to predict something like that or know where it'll land? Wow.

Well I would think it's like wine or leather. You know how some wines are sooo good after they age? ( I personally cannot tell because if you gave me wine out of a box it would still taste like wine to me) Or how you buy a leather jacket and it smells so fresh and crisp in the beginning and you love it, but then as you keep wearing it and the years go by then you pull it out and it has that aged look then you smell it and it smells sooo good .. even better than when you first bought it.? OR when you get a haircut and you feel great, it's clean and fresh and just what you needed.. then 2 weeks go by and you LOVE your hair it's clean and bouncy but more ' you ' ? Kinda like that with the artisan perfumes. You are going to LOVE it even more tomorrow.

Yeah, that's why I used that same analogy.

Hypothetically, if a scent is exactly what one wants at the beginning there's still the probability it will change away from that as it ages...

It's true, there might be a characteristic which etiher increases or fades over time to change the character away from what you like. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but then again my collection (in total, not just LPMP) is just getting to that point where I can appreciate the aging of some of the scents as opposed to when they were fresh.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so the fairies brought me a bottle of this and...*dies*

So good!

I don't get much bacon either but this is what I wanted Mummy Chunks to smell like on me (there's too much dairy in that one, so it goes kind of sour). It's like Chocolate Chip Cookie musk, in that it's yummy but it wears soft and close.

Hello cousin of Mummy Chunks, nice to meet you. Did I mention I want to eat you? This has that creamy vanilla-cream-and-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough base I love so much in its relative, but with the added toastiness of oatmeal in the cookie dough and warmth of the musk. I don't get the bacon at first but as it continues drying down and continues to get wrapped in that lovely warm skin musk, something else warm also emerges, and that is a warm smokiness that doesn't scream bacon but is perfectly juxtaposed with the sweeter elements and makes this all the more delicious.

Last night when I put this on for bedtime the oatmeal cookie accord was stronger than anything else and I wanted to eat my arms,..this is ridiculously delicious every time!

• 2 weeks later...