OK, so what are we all ordering/considering?

Dolly

A matter of age. Not that they are terribly young (young teenagers) but nor do we want them dressed up like they are in the 18-21 year age range. It concerns both of us when young girls dress (clothes, make-up, etc.) way above their age. There are enough predators of varying degrees out there - we do not want our girls flashing signs that say "Target Me!" In particular we do not do shorts/sweat bottoms that say things like "juicy" "tasty" etc across the back bottom. To me that seems to just challenge predators to find out if it is true.

My step-daughter dresses in a very provacative manner. Drives me crazy because i have young daughters. her dad lets her wear pretty much whatever she wants because that's how she dressed when she came to us a little over a year ago. Although he did send her back to change when she tried to leave wering a strapless top once. But I hate her sup;er thin strapped tanks with half her bra hanging out. They are camis, layering tanks for freak's sake. And don't get me started on the bun huggers. Frakking stripper shorts.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't wait to smell this one! I love how coffee smells on me. I hope it's like Luna's Coffee and Cig.

I think it's going to be more belly dancer-like than anything because of the attars. I think the coffee is only a sort of supporting note.

I think it's going to be more belly dancer-like than anything because of the attars. I think the coffee is only a sort of supporting note.

Uhhhhh...I'm really hoping this smells how I imagine it will, because if it does it's gonna be FAB!!

Placed my order to day. 1 special item plus multiple samplers: Cry Havoc, Sand Box, and darn it, now that i think about it, I think I forgot Dirty Old Man. I guess I am more old than dirty ... lol.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with young teens wearing candy/foody scents that don't really have a sexual component to them, because those things are just fun to smell for the wearer. Again, though, I don't know what type of neighborhood you live in and what kind of perverted boys your girls may go to school with. If they're constantly in areas creeping with unsavory types, then it's probably safest for them to forego perfume altogether.

We live in a good neighborhood and they do not hang around with problem boys although there are plenty around I am sure. I actually have a good network of like-minded parents and we all keep an eye and ear open when it comes to each others' kids.

What really concerns me are the true adult predators. The number of known registered sex offenders in the general area is scary. You only have to take your eye off of them for a minute when you are out and about. Plus the kids are old enough (teens) that I can send them to the other side of the store to get that one item you need and we do that often. So I do not want them wearing anything that says "Target Me" to the predator who happens to be in store at the same time. My son is big, strong and martial arts trained enough that you would have to be armed or really know what you are doing to get the drop on him. My daughters are a different story size-wise though.

My step-daughter dresses in a very provacative manner. Drives me crazy because i have young daughters. her dad lets her wear pretty much whatever she wants because that's how she dressed when she came to us a little over a year ago. Although he did send her back to change when she tried to leave wering a strapless top once. But I hate her sup;er thin strapped tanks with half her bra hanging out. They are camis, layering tanks for freak's sake. And don't get me started on the bun huggers. Frakking stripper shorts.

My oldest daughter has tested the waters a couple times - trying to wear the layering tank as an outer item or some such thing. Sent back to her room for a "redo".

Edit: My apologies for the threadjack. Back to our usual programming ....

Edited by quietguy

I distinctly remember... about age 13? flouncing down the stairs in a black mini skirt that was probably about 6 inches long and more than slightly transparent... And a low cleavaged pink belly buster top too. Found them in a bag of clothes one of my mom's friends gave us when she was going through her closet.

My Dad took one look at me, pointed back up the stairs and stated very firmly:

"That's too provocative. You're not leaving the house."

Fact: I never wore anything like that out of the house again... Fact: I don't think I ever have since (not counting that one time during my undergrad where I let my then boy-toy cut me out of a full body fishnet stocking... aaahhhh college!)

I just placed my July order and it was full of goodies for both myself and one of my best friends. Off the top of my head the order contained:

For me:

Open Windows (oil - bottle)

Pouncing Potion (oil - bottle)

Goddess of the Blue Moon (trial)

Heart's Ease (trial)

Goddess Potion (trial)

Blood on Snow (trial)

Honey Ho (trial)

Spinerette (trial - Katz and Invidiana's suggestion, thanks gals!)

A Touch of Cerise (trial)

Velvet Kisses (trial)

Grow a Pear (trial)

For my friend (who is a guy! trying to get him to register here so he can share share his experiences)

Irresistable (trial)

Pinnacle (trial)

Thunder (trial)

Top Dog (trial)

Lap of Luxury (trial)

TMI (trial)

Might have been one or two others I can't remember... And darn! I just remembered I wanted a tester of Teddy Man 2, and somehow it didn't make it on my list. Sad panda.

I also bought empty vials and pipettes.. I'm going to try to split some of the unscented Open Windows with him... If anyone has any suggestions for how to open the tops of those oil roller bottles without spilling product, please let me know!

Edited by teacozy

Teacozy, I frequently open the tops of the roller bottles in order to mix some perfume oil with some phero spray. The roller tops are often quite tightly fixed in their bottle, so what I do: I use a small nail file and bring its pointed end between the plastic part of the roller top and the glass part. Then I carefully push the plastic part out of the glass bottle, but before it completely comes out I take a clean piece of cloth or a paper tissue to pull it out by hand just to avoid any spilling of the product.

In particular we do not do shorts/sweat bottoms that say things like "juicy" "tasty" etc across the back bottom. To me that seems to just challenge predators to find out if it is true.

How coincidental! I was at a children's hospital the other day talking to a man and his daughter came in with juicy sweatpants. His facial expression completely morphed when we saw what was written on her behind. He began to scold and interrogate the girl about who bought her the pants in front of me. The girl looked like she wanted to melt into the floor. When she left I told him, "You do know that juicy is a brand right...juicy couture? They have bags and keychains with the word 'Juicy'... "He looked pretty shame faced after. But I can see how it could be taken that way. For that reason I was never interested in juicy couture sweats though I love their bags. People might think Im disillusioned with "juicy" stamped on the rear when my booty isn't exactly juicy :lol:

I have no issue with my kids wearing perfume. They already do on occasion, the littlest especially at bedtime, she loves sogni and pillow stuffing. Clothes are a different matter! Kids should dress like kids not short sluts. ↲↲I'm ashamed to list my order. I may have been a little crazy!

I distinctly remember... about age 13? flouncing down the stairs in a black mini skirt that was probably about 6 inches long and more than slightly transparent... And a low cleavaged pink belly buster top too. Found them in a bag of clothes one of my mom's friends gave us when she was going through her closet.

My Dad took one look at me, pointed back up the stairs and stated very firmly:

"That's too provocative. You're not leaving the house."

Fact: I never wore anything like that out of the house again... Fact: I don't think I ever have since (not counting that one time during my undergrad where I let my then boy-toy cut me out of a full body fishnet stocking... aaahhhh college!)

I just placed my July order and it was full of goodies for both myself and one of my best friends. Off the top of my head the order contained:

For me:

Open Windows (oil - bottle)

Pouncing Potion (oil - bottle)

Goddess of the Blue Moon (trial)

Heart's Ease (trial)

Goddess Potion (trial)

Blood on Snow (trial)

Honey Ho (trial)

Spinerette (trial - Katz and Invidiana's suggestion, thanks gals!)

A Touch of Cerise (trial)

Velvet Kisses (trial)

Grow a Pear (trial)

For my friend (who is a guy! trying to get him to register here so he can share share his experiences)

Irresistable (trial)

Pinnacle (trial)

Thunder (trial)

Top Dog (trial)

Lap of Luxury (trial)

TMI (trial)

Might have been one or two others I can't remember... And darn! I just remembered I wanted a tester of Teddy Man 2, and somehow it didn't make it on my list. Sad panda.

I also bought empty vials and pipettes.. I'm going to try to split some of the unscented Open Windows with him... If anyone has any suggestions for how to open the tops of those oil roller bottles without spilling product, please let me know!

Teacozy, I frequently open the tops of the roller bottles in order to mix some perfume oil with some phero spray. The roller tops are often quite tightly fixed in their bottle, so what I do: I use a small nail file and bring its pointed end between the plastic part of the roller top and the glass part. Then I carefully push the plastic part out of the glass bottle, but before it completely comes out I take a clean piece of cloth or a paper tissue to pull it out by hand just to avoid any spilling of the product.

I agree... I actually get under there with one of my nails, I have more control that way. If it is a perfume or something nice smelling I'll just take it off by hand and enjoy having the pleasant smell on my hands... if it smells nasty I'll use some tissues or paper towel :P

I'm too paranoid to actually take the rollerball out, but I find that ringing around it over and over again with a pin does eventually loosen it up. I guess you could do that with a thin pointy nail file too. I'll run a pin around and around the top, between the rollerball and the outside plastic, in circles until it loosens up a little. I remember that's what Mara told me to do when I encountered my first tight bottle.

I'm too paranoid to actually take the rollerball out, but I find that ringing around it over and over again with a pin does eventually loosen it up. I guess you could do that with a thin pointy nail file too. I'll run a pin around and around the top, between the rollerball and the outside plastic, in circles until it loosens up a little. I remember that's what Mara told me to do when I encountered my first tight bottle.

Invi, you mean the rollerball itself? I was talking about taking out the whole plastic element containing the ball in order to decant the liquid into another bottle. However, I sometimes find the rollerball itself very tight so that almost no liquid comes out when I try to roll it on. But what you said sounds good, I'll try that method with a needle to carefully loosen the ball a bit.

This is exactly how I do it, too!! I have a little nail file devoted to this task. Don't try to take the ball itself out of the roller assembly. Even though they sometimes find themselves out of it and lodged in the cap of the bottle, they aren't meant to be removed. If you ever find them out and in the cap, just replace the cap and screw it down real tight, and the ball should pop itself back in place.

Edited by goddesslynne

What works best for me is using a partially open scissors,just slide/wedge under and wiggle it up...I have a small styrofoam square made into a stand,with bottle and vial size holes to hold things while filling/adding ... the needle trick works perfectly on a stuck/tight ball,but have not had one of those in ages :)

B) I use a scalpel. :666:

Really! I inherited one from my father in law. That or an exacto knife. Or a paring knife. I play with sharps. Sharp things fix as many things as duct tape does. Heh.

Geeze I'm cantankerous right now... :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

What works best for me is using a partially open scissors,just slide/wedge under and wiggle it up...I have a small styrofoam square made into a stand,with bottle and vial size holes to hold things while filling/adding ... the needle trick works perfectly on a stuck/tight ball,but have not had one of those in ages :)

That's a great idea, Calii! I like the styrofoam idea.

Goodness! Thanks everyone for the advice... I was going to look thru the new user section for the info, but there it all is!

And thanks, Calii? I am so clumsy - that sounds like a perfect way to make the process more spill proof and generally safer.

<3

How coincidental! I was at a children's hospital the other day talking to a man and his daughter came in with juicy sweatpants. His facial expression completely morphed when we saw what was written on her behind. He began to scold and interrogate the girl about who bought her the pants in front of me. The girl looked like she wanted to melt into the floor. When she left I told him, "You do know that juicy is a brand right...juicy couture? They have bags and keychains with the word 'Juicy'... "He looked pretty shame faced after. But I can see how it could be taken that way.

Yes - but 1) There are a whole lot of shorts out there with all kinds of phrases -sexy, etc. (Juicy was just an example) I do not need associated with my young teen daughters' behinds and 2) JC could put their whole name on things but they just put "Juicy" on them for the obvious play on words. So for me I am back to the same arguement. I do not need stuff written across my kids' behinds that say "Target Me" to the local predators.

Clothes are a different matter! Kids should dress like kids not short sluts.

The clothes styles were so bad a few years ago we took to calling it "prosti-tot" fashion.

Edited by quietguy

Yes - but 1) There are a whole lot of shorts out there with all kinds of phrases -sexy, etc. (Juicy was just an example) I do not need associated with my young teen daughters' behinds and 2) JC could put their whole name on things but they just put "Juicy" on them for the obvious play on words. So for me I am back to the same arguement. I do not need stuff written across my kids' behinds that say "Target Me" to the local predators.

Ah, I didn't think Juicy Couture had done it intentionally because many of their bags and keychains just have the word "Juicy". I just thought it was coincidental after reading your posts and mentioned it. The man was being a bit over harsh over a brand. Could have waited until he was in private. No argument here! I whoreheartedly agree. I did feel that Juicy sweatpants can be misconstrued. If I had a teen daughter, I wouldn't want "Juicy" stamped across her butt. Or dressed provocatively for that matter lest she stars in the next 16 and pregnant.

I'll have to wait until I'm back from vacation for my next order :/ Hopefully it won't change this time around or grow so long my wallet cries. I may just have to write on my arm with a sharpie as a reminder.

LP Passion & Desire

Dolly's Hot and Sticky

OCCO Ambrosia

Heart's Ease

Darling Catalina

LP Red Lace

UN BI

UN Sexology

And possibly Jubilee. I don't care too much for the phero but the description sounds amazing. Maybe a trial...hmm..

There are no Jubilee reviews yet, are there? I'm tempted to at least try a sample of it, but I don't do chocolate....the rest of the notes sound really good though.....

I'll definitely have some Sneaky Clean! And I need a bottle of UN phero.....probably either Lumina or La Femme Mystère....hard to decide.

Made my July order! I was on vacation all this week and it was one of the first things I did after returning :) I got:

Orchid Musk 1/6 oz.

Pink Musk 1/6 oz.

Blissful Caress (Trial)

Aether

Sneaky Clean

LP Humidity

Happy Water

Pillow Stuffing

Wheel of Fortune

I LOVE musky scents so I'm excited for those... might have to get Vintage and French in my next order (already plotting away...)

I'm so ashamed... Just got a package with full bottles of grow a pear, sneaky clean and French musk but... I fell in love with some sniffies... And just placed another order for full bottles of Dolly's hot and sticky w cops, LP humidity and jubilee. *blushing*

I'm so ashamed... Just got a package with full bottles of grow a pear, sneaky clean and French musk but... I fell in love with some sniffies... And just placed another order for full bottles of Dolly's hot and sticky w cops, LP humidity and jubilee. *blushing*

Erm, your shame has nothing on mine :Emoticons04231: I'm too embarrassed to say what I ordered and I still want more. I'll be holding the first ever Perfume Anonymous meeting tonight at 8pm gmt if you care to join in :Emoticons00810:

Don't you know, coming from one of the co-presidents of Perfume Anonymous, you'll learn not to be ashamed pretty quickly :lol: my order was like your two combined! And this is nothing compared to Halloween. I go completely crazy when the October releases come out. Every year it's been a full set!

Don't you know, coming from one of the co-presidents of Perfume Anonymous, you'll learn not to be ashamed pretty quickly :lol: my order was like your two combined! And this is nothing compared to Halloween. I go completely crazy when the October releases come out. Every year it's been a full set!

Now I'm curious. Tell me what u guys ordered!! I love shopping stories ;)

Erm, your shame has nothing on mine :Emoticons04231: I'm too embarrassed to say what I ordered and I still want more. I'll be holding the first ever Perfume Anonymous meeting tonight at 8pm gmt if you care to join in :Emoticons00810:

Hello my name is hearts and I am addicted to LPs. I just want more and more!!!!!

Ha! I'm in.

Now I'm curious. Tell me what u guys ordered!! I love shopping stories ;)

LOL! My last one was bottles of Jubilee, Sneaky Clean, all the musks (and I mean a 10ml each of all the musks :blush: ), Pink Vanillamint and Kim's LOV plus samples of LP Humidity, Dolly's Hot & Sticky, Gitana, Passion & Envy and Tangy Tart. I am such a glutton. Not only that but some of those samples are going on my must-have-bottle list......

LOL! My last one was bottles of Jubilee, Sneaky Clean, all the musks (and I mean a 10ml each of all the musks :blush: ), Pink Vanillamint and Kim's LOV plus samples of LP Humidity, Dolly's Hot & Sticky, Gitana, Passion & Envy and Tangy Tart. I am such a glutton. Not only that but some of those samples are going on my must-have-bottle list......

Awesome order!!! I hear ya on the 'must have bottle list' . Mine keeps growing!!!

OMG my parcel is here, I just picked it up off my over the road neighbour and gave her some beans-yeah really, it felt kind of magical,here are some magic beans, okay not magic beans, some kind of greenish bean from Holland, but anyway, I have ripped of the sellotape and opened the box and ONE tissue wrapped item. I'm gonna open one for every 20 minutes chores...oh the anticipation lol, it's almost sexual :Emoticons04277:

Just what I needed as I feel depressed as shit today. :heart0974: and I got cops and robbers body lotion wooooooooooooooooooooo, thanks Mara!

Awesome order!!! I hear ya on the 'must have bottle list' . Mine keeps growing!!!

Yep, LP Humidity is at the top of that list now, followed by Gitana, Pot of Gold, Brigid's Amber, Velvet Moss, The Wolf and the Shepherdess.....I'll find a way to sneak them in one by one. ;)