tyvey

ZOMG

This is mango candy, or bubble gum. sweet and somehow a bit chewy. Eyes rolling back in head kind of sweetness. It actually doesn't feel too much like kittenish, not yet: this is more fruit than caramel and kittenish is the reverse. BUT! Fascinatingly it too has a kitteh fluffiness !! It is brighter than kittenish, SUNNY. Each sniff I take puts a huge involuntary grin on my face. True love

Hi, Tyvey!

Your PE looks awesome, I hope there is still some left when I'm finally able to order...

I have to ask, what do you mean by bubblegum? Is the mango note ripe, fleshy?

Does the caramel appear when it dries down?

I can't handle the nom. Today it's mango jolly rancher - that hard clear candyness - the way Any Color You Like is - with a lick of caramel. Bright, almost "blond" fruit, almost apricot or peachy (esp compared to eg the mango in Chris' pink coco mango), but not syrupy.

It's funny, you can almost "taste" the youth of this compared to the Kittenish of today, like a beaujolais nouveau or a just-ripe banana. In fact its overall vibe is very young and fun!! *skips down the street*

Mango Jolly-Rancher!! You got me, I want it...

First of all just let me say: if you love Kittenish then you must get this. MUST.

Kittenish is one of my all-time favorite LPs and this - to me - is that exact combination of bright fruit swaddled in a warm soft fuzzy veil of sweetness. The caramel note in this is so good...*drools*

And second...there's different schools of thought when it comes to the creation of the Private Editions. Originally they came about as a way for people to come up with their own Sugared combinations, but have evolved into a way for people to be creative (and in such a way that you really can't get with any other artisan perfumer out there), But some ideas are more like fan fiction.

Now I mean this as a total compliment because I write fan fiction (in addition to the original fic I've made available online), and all of my PE ideas are along these lines too. It's really an expression of love for Mara's creations, I believe, when people desire to make their own version, or a simplified version, of a favorite LP. And so I see this as a perfect expression of tyvey's love for Kittenish and as such is genius because the mango notes works as well as the peach that it could have been one or the other in regards to the original idea. So thank you Mara and tyvey, this makes me so happy!

On second thought...nobody buy this because I'm going to hoard it now. *grabby hands*

daw, I'm so glad you like it...I'd been thinking about it for some time, after a day of Kittenish that made me so happy but also weepy due to my dwindling supply. The fanfic comparison is spot on at least for my "process" such as it is, LOL.

I'm really itching to get this, too! I hope there's still some available when I'm ready to make my order. I can't think of a sexier fruit than mango. And that kitten on the label kills me; it looks like one of my cats, Sunny, who I never really got to see as a kitten, since I adopted him as a young adult. I'm aching to get this, both for my love of mango, and of my l'il Sunny-Honey-Bunny. So hands-off people! Lol!

Hey! What's that over there?! (my feeble attempt at distraction from the mango goodness).

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in love with this. I wish there were about 100 bottles in the cart. I'd never be able to afford them all, but I'd be satisfied knowing they were there. This is so yummeh! I get caramel at the start, and then it dries down to a sweet fuzzy mango gorgeousness that I'm always trying to get a snootful of. I keep putting it on the back of my hand, expressly for that purpose. I'm like an addict with this. There could never be enough Mango-ish. Thank you and good day! :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, Tyvey if you read this I want to let you know that Mangoish is my BF's second favorite LP, the first one being another one of your PEs, Black Cherry Rose....That crazy and heavenly scented head of yours is blowing my BF's mind, so I can't wait for your next PE idea. He compliments me about it several times a day, he truly loves this potion and to magnify its effect I've been shamelessly trying it with UN Sexology and UN Blatant Invitation....

Scent wise I don't get any mango, but instead a I get a lovely lemony tartiness blended with caramel goodness and the brown sugar is sooo tasty! It's as if there were real brown sugar grains floating around all the citrusy-caramel perfection!

It is a very straightforward scent that lasts for ages, has a nice projection, and it is linear on my skin, but this is just fine for me since I love it just how it is from beginning to end....I got it in oil form, but I bet it would be awesome in spray....

Thank you Mara and Tyvey for coming up and creating such a gorgeous perfume!

Aw, that's so sweet Gaby!!! I'm so glad he likes them...but yeah, it's all Mara... :D I *have* been turning over an idea in my mind for a little while: white amber, maple & caramel... on hold til I get out of my forced downsize mode :'(

Maple, Caramel & Amber.... Can't wait for it, Tyvey!

Need to start making up my mind about my own PE...

• 1 month later...

Caramel and bright mango. They do not meld right on my skin. The caramel makes it a little dusky which fights the smell of the bright juicy mango. Smells kind of like self tanner smell. Must wash off. I think this is a case of caramel amping like mad on me as it is prone to do. I imagine this is very lovely they way it's intended.

I just nabbed a bottle of this after receiving a sniffie in a trade. Wow, I'm so glad I got a chance to sample it. After drydown, the mango is still juicy and full-bodied, with the caramel (and vanilla to my nose) hanging around as well. It is a really glorious summertime scent. And it is so hot here that my LP black/pink/red favorites sometimes feel a little heavy, so this is the perfect time to indulge in such a beautiful fruity scent.

I'm interested in Mango-Ish but somehow I hesitated because of the caramel. I'm not really a fan of caramel scents, but still in some blends I like it very much, such as T.M.I. for example, which is a wonderful musky caramel scent. So, I have to decide before I place my next order. I also wished I had a sniffee of this PE.

Eeeee I'm usually not crazy about tropical fruits in perfume but this is so nommy. So glad I got a bottle. It does remind me of kittenish, but I think I actually like it better. The peach in Kittenish gets all wonky and plastic on me...I had no idea the label on this would be so cute too, didn't see it on the website. This is purrfect...

By the way, random question but how do you pronounce Tyvey Tyvey? (tivveh?) Reminds me if Timmeh XD

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Adorable brown sugar and caramel - with Mango on top - and a cute, fuzzy amber beneath!

I got this as a sniffee in a trade and I must say, I do like this. It is good for warmer weather and smells bright on me more that sticky fruity. It's nice and light. I've been playing with layering it w/ coconut breeze and Rosie's wedding cake. It adds another dimension to those scents for me making them more summer worthy. For those who can't wear fruit scents (me) this one may work out. I may even be able to wear this on it's own.

• 2 months later...

This is so amazing and sweet. I wore this to bed last night and caramel creamed all over myself, then I dabbed Pillow Stuffing on my neck and nose, so I could pass out and not die over how amazing this scent is!!! I am so mad Raq beat me to full bottle glory!

Maybe Mara will find a spare in the vault somewhere. For now I will have to hoard my 5mls and not douse myself in this.

• 2 years later...

I was lucky enough to get a sniffee of this in a trade. I get creamy mango and caramel that are perfectly melded together. There is some brightness from the mango but the caramel tempers it so the overall impression I get is creamy. It reminds me of ice cream! This will be perfect for warmer weather.

• 1 year later...

This is still one of my most favourite PEs ever. I wore it to work today, and it was a big hit with everyone I worked with. To some it smelled "coconutty", and to some I smelled a little like chocolate,(WTH?), and one guy said, "WHOA, YOU SMELL LIKE A FRUITY CUPCAKE!" :lol: So yeah, apparently this is aging quite nicely! :D

When I wore it for my Mango Mania theme I was enjoying the caramel-y thing it does on me...NOM! Such a great combination, it seems like mango and peach are interchangeable in a way, they're got a similar character.

They do. What I think is really cool about both mango and peach is how their character can range from sweet and youthful to sexy and very womanly. They're both such sensual fruits to begin with. As a food I prefer mango. As a perfume note, I don't think I could decide which I prefer. They're both fantastic notes.