Raspberry Chiffon

LadyVictoria

AD-RaspberryChiffon-LovePotion_1.jpg

Raspberry Chiffon

A deliciously fluffy confection awaits with our berrylectable concoction! Featuring a bevy of affection-encouraging ingredients, a base of sweet amber and warm vanilla pudding is swirled with sweetly tart black raspberry, bright notes of orange and lemon chiffon, berry-kissed pink sugar and a touch of black vanilla. Wonderfully sheer and diaphanous with a fruity appeal perfect for Spring and that first volley of Cupid's arrows!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am completely blown away by another scent for this month. In the vial I smelled a tarty but sweet raspberry. Wet there's some lovely amber dancing with the raspberries and some berry pinky sugars!! There's some vanilla in there but it's more towards the back, the berry pink sugars and raspberry take the front with some mild silky lemon, the lemon is not bright, it's soft and let's the other ingredients showcase themselves. As it begins to dry down I get more of the vanilla melded with the raspberry and a spot of lemon- again not to strong, almost like it's supposed to be there. I hope it does not fade because I really heart this one. Okay now there is some orange cream coming in like a 50 50 bar! This is a beautiful and yummy morpher!!!

When Mara and I were discussing this one I told her it reminds me of this fruit dip you make with Cool Whip, French Vanilla pudding mix, and Triple Sec. Does it have a fluffy quality or is it more fruity?

When Mara and I were discussing this one I told her it reminds me of this fruit dip you make with Cool Whip, French Vanilla pudding mix, and Triple Sec. Does it have a fluffy quality or is it more fruity?

It's more fluffy to me than fruity there's more of that bed of vanilla fluff that it sits on that prevents it from being too fruity. Like those fancy deserts with yogurt. A parfait! There's all these layers, and I do get that cool whip that is always there. It's very yummy but elegant, not in yo face fruit. I am enjoying this on my skin alot. The ingredients all kinda dance around on this fluffy cloud of white vanilla yum. The berries and sugar are a nice touch because it gives it a sparkle. If they were on a parfait they would be on the top with some granola. Every now and then you get that nice crunch.

The vanilla fluff is always there which is nice because it doesn't make the fruit scream at you, I love the raspberry in this.

How does it compare to The Good Witch? Is it more raspberry than smooth cream/vanilla or the other way around? :)

How does it compare to The Good Witch? Is it more raspberry than smooth cream/vanilla or the other way around? :)

On me the berries come out more in Good Witch for an all around berry feel, with Chiffon the raspberry is more grown and I can detect it as a single note where as with Good Witch I get a bunch of different berries, the creamy vanilla is always there with Chiffon ~ in the background, like silky pillows that the raspberry is laying on.

Oh this is pretty! Wet I get rasberry and citrus with a proper tart tanginess. It dries down pretty quickly and the fluff comes out. It's just so smooth and silky. Really want to gnaw my arm off.

ETA: I must have sniffed my arm too closely while the oil was wet because it got in my mouth. YUCKKKKK! Do not eat!

Edited by halo0073

Hell. I gotta admit: I taste my 'fumes, too. Sometimes they're surprisingly tasty. Others...eeee-yeeewwww. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to taste this one.

Did I just say that out loud?

Edited by ElizabethOSP

candle apple cutie tastes just fine.

Dude you must have been high because...BLERGH!

Luckily I experimented before dinner so I could get the nasty taste out of my mouth!

(On the other hand, yes, I have ingested more than I probably should of the Darling Clementine scrub because that actually does taste delicious.)

So my box of yummy (heehee) goodness came yesterday, and I couldn't decide which one to try first!! This smells SO amazing in the vial, that I just HAD to go with it today!

In the vial, and wet on my skin, this is super sweet berries...AMAZING! On my skin, the lemon comes out, making it like a lemon-berry slush from Sonic. After it dries down, it's more vanilla/amber... I'm kind of sad that the berries disappear so quickly on me. Definitely a keeper though!

This one is a lot like The Good Witch on me, except the raspberry in this one is just a touch brighter/juicier & just a bit more "true to life" (the raspberries in this one smell just like the real thing on me). I also get a more vanilla in The Good Witch than I do from this one. The Rasperry Chiffon is less vanilla and more whipped cream on me I think.

I don't get any lemon at all.

This is sheer and fluffy on me; the sheer quality reminds me of Mamelons de Cerise but ultimately I think this is how I wanted The Good Witch to smell on me. It's creamy sweet vanilla fluff with a berry sweetness on the top, but the fruit notes don't last too long. This is another one which I think would be great for little girls, it's cute but not too loud.

Ooooh. I am shy of using berries because they often /scream/ on me but this is just right. Bright, juicy raspberry. Then this warm amber note that makes me purr. Cuddling in the gentle, not-too sweet fluffy.

So sad...bright syrupy raspberry wet...but drying down to flat, fake smell, hard to describe - my skin does this sometimes with some pinks and often with berries - and the lemon is going a bit stabby on me as it often does. :(

• 1 month later...

This one really was fluffy smelling, like raspberry mousse maybe. But after it melds with my skin, it turns to vomit. So sad because this one is really nice if only it would work with my skin!

You know what's really funny? I can't eat raspberry yogurt because that's exactly what is smells and tastes like to me.

I hate raspberry yogurt because it reminds me of vomit- but I love raspberry chiffon and raspberry type scents.