Our wonderful Potion Master not only let me buy a bottle of Tantric Butterfly from her secret stash (yeah I understand the hype now) but she also sent me a sniffee of an upcoming men's scent. (Thanks again!)

She's given me permission to give a little teaser on this scent and even though the sniffee I have is phero free it will be part of the all pheromone month to be released pretty soon so I put the review here for anyone else who wants to review it.

This scent smells like no other commercial scent I've ever smelled. Having said that, before finding out the name it invoked so many scent memories in me that I felt like I'd been 'scent' backwards in time to a Persian bazaar and couldn't figure out why. After I found out what was in this it made PERFECT sense to me. It is very challenging to really describe the scent notes because they all blend together so well but I will say that it has roasted black tea leaves (the one note I could really pick out was black tea). This scent to me invokes past life memories of being on a spice trading route through Constantinople. Just a musky, spicy, tea scented memory.

I LOVE this scent! I can't explain what it smells like except to call it amazing! My immediate thought was that it smelled slightly medicinal and slightly sweet but after a few hours it alternates between slightly sweet (not cloying) and clean. Very interesting scent and I keep finding myself having to sniff my hand where I put this on.

I'd gone out to dinner with a woman friend and asked her what she thought. 'Different.' *sniff again* 'What is it?' *goes in for a third sniff* 'You gonna wear it again? You can always save it to wear with me.' For her that is a glowing recommendation. Add to that the fact that she sniffed my neck again when we hugged goodbye and told me she wanted me remember to wear that next time I see her. Guess I'll have to hoard my little sniffee until I get a full bottle of this. :Emoticons10311: *wags tail*

I'm REALLY looking forward to see what you wonderful women here think of this because my friend really liked it and so did I. It is sexy stuff. Something about this scent is just addictive.

Awe....cute puppy~ LOL

This sounds really awesome! I may have to check it out!

Okay so I can still smell the smallish amount I put on yesterday. It has totally morphed into a slightly sweet and musky scent. Really nice and clean. I think this one is another winner! I really, really can't wait to see if you ladies like this one.

A Pasha was an authority figure in Turkey. It was more of a catch-all political title than an actual rank. Akin to calling everyone "Lord ---" in England. The word Pasha was already taken for fragrance by some pesky little upstart company called Cartier, so I looked around a bit and learned that Pashazade or Pashazada means "son of a pasha", and decided to go with that. The scent has that kind of regional quality and ingredients so it suits very well. It smells rich and exotic and very manly...but I think many ladies will like wearing this one too.

I'm going to hold aside a little of each of the blends from this coming month without pheros, so people can "switch sides" and try the fragrances without having a phero blend not made for their gender.

Intriguing. I'll have to get a sample of this for Shadow. I'm always dabbing him with stuff. He's like a fragrance Bingo card sometimes.

Edited by skye

Saw my sniffee with some of this left and couldn't help but put a little on where I didn't have Tantric Butterfly (which is a LONG lasting scent by the way). I stand by my initial review. Slightly sweet but the tea keeps it from getting too much so and very unique but VERY nice. Can't wait to get some more!

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite men's scent this month! It smells exotic, but strangely reminds me of the original Old Spice scent. Very good thing in my book! I imagine this how the Old Spice man smells while his pockets are spilling out gold, leaving a trail of it behind as he trots on his white horse to come rescue me from homework & the dishes, but I digress.I will be getting a spray of this for the SO.

So what does anyone think of the phero blend this is paired with?

I'm also interested in the effects of Throb phero blend...I just purchased a phero trial spray of this for my bf and also got the men's sampler, so We'll be trying this blend Scented and Unscented... but I was wondering if it will work out well on me....I'm intrigued about the cops in this one...so I can't wait for the reviews...anyone?

So any reviews on this with the phero blend?

Pashade is :Sexy: . Throb is a DIHL blend for me, I found myself professing my love for SO without thinking when he's wearing this one. He just looks more attractive to me in general when he wears this & he told me that the front desk lady @ teh hotel wear he works was chatting him up, lol.

This was the big hit with Quince this past weekend, and I love it as well. When I first smelled it I immediately thought of Constant Comment and so I wasn't sure about it, but after shaking it up and dabbing some on him, the black tea and the resins and spices really do produce a rich decadent tobacco-like quality that I could not stop sniffing, I even had to put a little on myself...so wonderful! He appreciated the black tea aspect, liked that it is earthy and dark but very masculine.

He wants an unphero'ed bottle although I may have to get one of each, since I'm all in favor of slathering and playing with Sir Quince, Noted Rogue. :666:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I will start out by saying that I cannot pick out individual notes of a cologne and tell you what they are. So I cannot say with great accuracy first you smell this and then you smell that. I also wear something several times before I report.

I will say that I really liked this scent. It never ceases to amaze me how complex and deep the scents from LPMP are compared to commercially mass produced colognes. Even a couple scents from a trial collection that were not my favorites still had more depth than most colognes I have tested and I have tested quite a few.

When I first put on this scent, it is very spicy. I can pick out different spices to include the cinnamon. But it is not an overpowering cinnamon. It is a melding of several spices much like a good stew. (Leave it to a guy to bring in food, right?) But within 20-30 minutes the spicy notes die down and what is left is the deep amber and musk scent. It is not like anything else I have ever scent-tested in a store (much like everything elese here I have tried). If you want a unique scent for yourself or for your man, than this could well be it.

My skin really absorbs Mara's scents. I can often still smell them at my application points the next day and really have to scrub to remove them if I want to wear something else.

I did not ask the Mrs. what she thought of the scent. But by the time she was in a position to really get a good whiff it had died down to the deep amber scent. I will say she is very particular about scents and the amount. She was close enough to get a good whiff of this a couple times and did not make any negative comments which for her is a positive.

I apologize as I know this report does not really do justice to the product or is overly helpful for someone trying to get an idea of what the scent is.

I am still playing with unscented Heart Throb. I got the reaction I was looking for the other night - I think I just need to wear just a little more ...

Edited by quietguy

Thanks QG! I appreciate any mens reviews as I am still trying to figure out a scent for Michael. He didnt seem thrilled with the Super or Roisseau (SP?!) samples he got for Xmas. But he has worn Joop and Bvulgari Black for so long I think changing makes him not feel like "him". I am not giving up yet though. Keep the reviews coming!

Great review Quietguy! I'm interested in knowing your experiences with Heart Throb, when you find your sweet spot, please let us know...My BF has a spray sample of Throb, but rarely wears it, he is still figuring out how much he should apply and I've been restraining him a bit, because he applies his commercial fragrances so heavily and he did the same last time with Heart Throb, and it did not end nicely...so, again thanks for sharing and please let me know when you get nice results with Throb, I'm genuinely interested.

I am so in love with Pashazade (as I have noted on the other thread), it is one of the very best men's scents Mara has ever created, IMO and I had to hoard. Quince likes it but I told him that my stash was mine and he can wear it sometimes. :lol: I think I may be the only who perceives it as spicy Turkish tobacco (which is the effect of the smoked black tea leaves).

Thanks for the kind words, Quiet Guy! It is always a delight to get the male opinion on scents. :) This one did seem to be universally popular...it flew out the door and I'm not sure there's any left.

I think I may be the only who perceives it as spicy Turkish tobacco (which is the effect of the smoked black tea leaves).

Ahem! I believe I mentioned that to you myself! Yes, that is how I perceive it as well, and it's one of my favorite creations ever. I may have to brew this again someday...it was not a difficult brew, just have to keep fingers crossed that all of the ingredients are still available when it comes time to order from each of the companies again. (I'm still mourning the loss of my and Snoopy's fave Ambergris...we were apparently its biggest fans and the ingredient is lost forever.) :(

Great review Quietguy! I'm interested in knowing your experiences with Heart Throb, when you find your sweet spot, please let us know...My BF has a spray sample of Throb, but rarely wears it, he is still figuring out how much he should apply and I've been restraining him a bit, because he applies his commercial fragrances so heavily and he did the same last time with Heart Throb, and it did not end nicely...so, again thanks for sharing and please let me know when you get nice results with Throb, I'm genuinely interested.

I will be happy to. I am caucasian in my late 40s so what I apply may be too much for your BF depending on his age. What was the bad experience - too much cologne or negative reaction to too much pheros? If pheros was the negative reaction from guys or gals?

I think I may be the only who perceives it as spicy Turkish tobacco (which is the effect of the smoked black tea leaves).

Thanks for the kind words, Quiet Guy! It is always a delight to get the male opinion on scents.

Ahem! I believe I mentioned that to you myself! Yes, that is how I perceive it as well, and it's one of my favorite creations ever.

You are welcome. It is a deep, rich, complex scent that reminds me of one of my favorite "fall/winter" colognes. This one too is a small niche scent that is not even made anymore. I am glad I bought a couple when I did. I actually have two colognes that were niche scents that are no longer made. I should send you samples to give you ideas for PEs sometime in the future. I say that because I could not even begin to pick out the notes to tell you to use as a base. I know you are not doing any PEs for the next several weeks but I am not in a rush either.

I do not get the impression of tobacco. Maybe strong black tea (I drink a lot of tea) but not tobacco. But then again I do not smoke and am not around cigarette smoke much unless I go out to a club or something.

As far as the ambergis goes, we just need to feed Shamu some of my kids' school food, That should encourage him to puke up. (Yes I know - animal cruelty and it really comes from sperm whales ...)

Ahem! I believe I mentioned that to you myself! Yes, that is how I perceive it as well, and it's one of my favorite creations ever. I may have to brew this again someday...it was not a difficult brew, just have to keep fingers crossed that all of the ingredients are still available when it comes time to order from each of the companies again. (I'm still mourning the loss of my and Snoopy's fave Ambergris...we were apparently its biggest fans and the ingredient is lost forever.) :(

D'oh! :blush:

Yeah you did; I think what I meant is my impression versus other people who've tried it. But that's precisely why I love it so.

Please do (lol, I don't beg you often but I MUST HAVE MOAR OF THIS!)!!!! xoxoxo

Don't make me post SAD KITTEH FACE!!!!! :lol:

I do not get the impression of tobacco. Maybe strong black tea (I drink a lot of tea) but not tobacco. But then again I do not smoke and am not around cigarette smoke much unless I go out to a club or something.

The quality of tobacco - when it comes to perfumery - is not the smell of cigarettes, trust me!

I will be happy to. I am caucasian in my late 40s so what I apply may be too much for your BF depending on his age. What was the bad experience - too much cologne or negative reaction to too much pheros? If pheros was the negative reaction from guys or gals?

I'm not sure why, I always get self effects when I wear pheros, so I think Throb did have a strong effect on me, but since he overapplied, I guess something went wrong with me. I had no idea he was wearing pheros that day and we had a huge fight, I just remember feeling incredibly bitchy out of nowhere, but maybe it was just my hormones all over the place, I'm still not sure...but he later told me he was wearing Throb, and he confessed he over applied like he overapplies everything else! He has this crazy idea that he has to smell himself and sillage is his obssession so he smelled Throb and just kept applying until he felt it was enough,,,jajaja...He said it was stinky as hell, but he kept spraying....It is funny actually, and then he overapplied more cologne to layer Throb....with Fahrenheit! It is already a very strong cologne, so I was pherobombed by my BF...plus the gasoliney cologne...Jajaja... I know Throb works big time, we just need to find his soft spot...He's 33 and the bitchiness he just got from me...When you find your sweet spot, please let me know...Oh, and he has a Pashazade sample and a Unscented Heart Throb spray sample, if you feel different effects from both versions, I would like to know that too...Glad your wife is getting effects too! This is an awesome blend,just in the right amount... Thanks again, QuietGuy!

Edited by Gabylicious

Gabby!...whoa,too much androstenone and smelling copulins on him,ummmm,that are not yours,is what went wrong IMO! :w00t:

Plus depending on the time of the month - women are not overly receptive to 'none - especially in very high doses. That is one reason we tell guys that high 'none products can easily backfire on them.

@Calii.... @Quietguy

Yup, you are both right! Too much none, it was just too much of everything, even too much layering perfume... I'm still not giving up on this blend and I will insist on finding his sweet spot...I definitely need to tell him about how we may become overly receptive to none, this will help him understand the bitchy episode probably won't happen again....and no over-spraying! Please keep me posted with any advice!

@ Gaby (or anyone else interested) - Posted a review on unscented Heart Throb.

Edited by quietguy

• 1 month later...

ROASTED TEA LEAVES ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

WHITE CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification

BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

CARAWAY ~ Passion, lust, protection, health, mental prowess.

CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.

This is a daring fragrance, possessing a wholly unique allure, which is made further fascinating with a dose of our exclusive pheromone blend ♥ Throb, an Alpha-Social-Sexual blend designed to portray an irresistible combination of nice guy and bad boy. It is friendly and encourages camaraderie, but also contains a definite aura of command and stunning sexuality.

Contains: alpha-androsterone, androstenone, beta-androsterone, alpha-androstenol, DHEA sodium sulfate, androstanone, b-androstadienol, copulins.

For some reason out of ALL my choices in my most recent and big order, THIS one called to me first, And here I see it's for men! I don't remember if I knew that ordering it but after smelling it I'm sticking to the story that I ordered it for ME!!

I put just a touch on my wrist top and I can't stop smelling myself! It's still freshly applied but I wanted to write down what my impression is:

I get the tea the most and I think the bergamot. But as soon as I lower my hand to type, I get just a whisper of the cinnamon and clove (which are right up my alley thus deeming it MY fragrance) As I was preparing this review it made me wish so bad my husband was here, (he's away on business) but not in a sad way more in a giddy way. Then upon closer inspection I see this is phero'd! I forgot about that. It's got A-nol in it so maybe that's where the giddiness is bubbling from? I forgot what the first 3 phero's in this blend do.

Reluctantly I will let husband try as I'm sure this will smell breathtaking on him. He amps spices like crazy. On him they just blend with his skin. I like this one because it's not overly crisp, clean male cologne smell, like so many commercial fragrances are. And even better, I don't smell the musk, which for me is a plus b/c I don't care for musk. I'll add more after dry down.

Or maybe it's the bit of cops added that is creating the giddiness feeling? They sometimes make me feel that way. Anyone know offhand what

alpha-androsterone, androstenone, beta-androsterone, do effects-wise? I'm too busy huffing my wrist to type it in.