Titanic Perfumes - Shades of Rose

Potion Master

Have you heard? They are re-releasing the film TITANIC in 3D next month, and we have been asked to create an accompanying perfume set to coincide with the release! I have been given permission to talk about it now, but we will have to wait for the website address to order the set for another week or two. This promo is in conjunction with a website called Romance of Yesteryear, and The Baltimore Sun newspaper.

The offering is for a 3 perfume set, packaged in beautiful antique style pouches in the style of Romance of Yesteryear. Three bottles, 5ml roll-ons each of concentrated perfume oil. Each perfume is based around the ingredient of Rose, but they follow the arc of the development of the character named Rose, and each scent is wildly different, just as her personality develops throughout the film.

The first scent is called "Young Rose". This was chosen because, if you have seen the film as many times as we have, you will remember that the shipbuilder onboard always calls her "Young Rose". This is the Rose who is a paragon of high society. The epitome of elegance. But straining at her harnesses, isn't she?

AD2-YoungRose_LovePotion.jpg

Young Rose is the scent of elegance and high society...a memory of a lost age.

Ingredients: Antique White Roses, Rosewater, Tibetan White Tea with a wee drop of Lemon. The antique papery feel of lavish Sandalwood. A dried bouquet with a hint of wistfulness, laid upon a doily of hand tatted lace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But then, she meets her Jack. He teases her, he taunts her, and she follows wherever he leads until she is hopelessly in love with him and there is no going to back to the staid woman she was before. She becomes....

AD2-JacksRose_LovePotion.jpg

Jack's Rose ~

This is the most playful of the trio, filled with happiness and joy. When you're in love, kisses taste like pure sugar. Mouths stained like berries because you can't keep your lips off each other... The scent of joyfulness in a bottle, and a bit of mischievousness too.

Ingredients: Baby Pink and Sweetheart Roses, berry-sweetened with drops of mood-elevating Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry and Powdered Sugar, with an innocent glow of sheer youthful skin Musk.

Even a 3 hour movie can end too soon, yeah? But Jack did more than just allow her to live...he SHOWED her how to live. And our Rose did not take this supreme gift for granted. She lived for both of them. Rose traveled from the Santa Monica Pier to the pyramids of Egypt. She learned to fly, she was a Hollywood star...she grabbed hold of life with both hands and LIVED it...and this is what the last of our trio is about....

AD2-ForeverRose_LovePotion.jpg

Forever Rose ~

A perfume of ingredients only to be found if one circles the globe in search of the finest, richest, rarest, most elusive and divine... Forever Rose is the scent of the independent woman, the confident yet mysterious world traveler who knows what she wants and how to achieve it.

Ingredients: Deepest, darkest Red Rose attars from India and Egypt...pounds of rose petals are used to create just a few precious drops. Aged Indian Patchouli, Tunisian Amber, forbidden animalic musks, exotic spices from Zanzibar and Marrakech over sweet Honey derived from Orange Blossom fed bees, and several more Honey varieties besides, because this alluring ingredient is the undeniable scent of womanhood...the closest aroma found in nature to the scent of female arousal, and a veritable magnet for men.

So, this is our set. It will be interesting to see how much "screen time" they allot for this. There have been at least 4 incarnations of the text so far, but I have been given permission to write this how I want, and so I have. The "official" version will be much more conservative, but I wanted to share with you the thought process of how we made these...and perhaps spark your memories too.

More to come in the coming days....website addresses to follow.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*squee* Idk how many times I watched Titanic!!! In my defense I was 17, but no I won't try to make any excuses. It was totally Leo's hotness that had me captivated.

How pretty! Congratulations Mara and of course congrats to all the LP team for such wonderful creations!

I hope they are available here al LP too....They should include your descriptions, Mara! Conservative descriptions are not as cool....

WOW!!! UNBELIEBVABLE!!

I can't believe how exciting this is!

I had heard about the re release and plan on seeing it with my mother...but you and LP being involved in the perfuming of it makes it much more intriguing.

I wish they would keep your description as is too.

Congratulations on being invited to bring your talents to the table here!! :love:

Oh wow!!!! Congratulations!! These sound absolutely gorgeous!!!! The descriptions are just great. You know the scene where Rose steps out of the car and looks up from under the brim of her hat? Young Rose is what that scene smells like. (At least in my mind based on the description, lol.) Can't wait!

My sister and I saw this twice in the theater and then bought it. She was in junior high and I was in high school. Just the other day, we talked about seeing it when it comes out again, but I'm not sure. These days, I'm content just watching the first video. (Yes, I own it on VHS. :lol: )

Edited by BlueBear

Oh my.....Kudos Mara and LPMP team !!

I've never seen the film, but the trio sounds lovely

my fav is Forever Rose !

Oh this is just amazing! :w00t:

Mara I am extremely happy and excited for/with you,and the wonderful exposure for LPMP,Yikes,don't go getting too famous for us,your loving minions :lol: ...you deserve this honor to your incredible talent :hearts09793:

Liz,oh thank you,I did not want to be the only one who has never seen the film either :D ...my favorite label is Jack's Rose,and Forever Rose for the scent,but they are all exquiste!!!!!!!!

You don't know how obsessed I was with that movie at age 12/13....I had the biggest crush on Leonardo DiCaprio anyone could imagine and I wanted to BE Rose so much that after my mom went to bed I'd secretly do my makeup like her, pin my hair up and walk around like an Edwardian socialite. Rose notes can be iffy on me, but some combinations work incredibly on my skin and Jack's Rose/Forever Rose seem along those lines, so we'll see! I think I'm going to take a chance. ;)

Edited by Invidiana

Does it mean that we will have to order from the website if we want a set of it?
I hope they are available here al LP too....

It's an exclusive created for a particular site for the campaign, so only available through that site as far as I know.

OMGGGGGGGGGG

this is AMAZINGGG I LOVE TITANIC!!!! I saw it the other day twice back to back and saw it in the theaters 3 times!!!! I My bf and I always have discussions on the movie and how it changed the way we saw movies way back then,there was drama, love, and art all rolled into one wonderful movie! And the soundtrack!! The costumes!!!! I've been searching for that robe she wears when he paints her naked. Did I mention the costumes and makeup!!!! OMG I looooooove this movie and I already LOOOVE Jack's ROSE!

Who could not relate to this movie??? The relationship of Rose and her mother struck a chord with me.. she should have just let her be you know? Her mom was a beast, really. She should have allowed Rose to love Jack, but no she had to have her way, then she sees that poor bastard bartender at a department store and tells him his Victoria is getting married that Sunday.

Yes because that worked out so well for me MARIA PUTA

Another favorite part of mine is when the orchestra is playing as the boats are being loaded.. Kind of like, " where fucked let's play some music y'all "

Just to be clear - this promo is with Romance of Yesteryear and The Baltimore Sun (newspaper/website)...this is NOT stuff that will be available at the movie theaters or anything like that. It's still a bit of a big deal, but it's not in conjunction with the movie studio...k? So when the official descriptions come out, they will have to remove anything that infringes on the intellectual property/copyright of the authors. The names we chose and the labels I designed were carefully chosen to avoid stepping on official toes. (Didn't the labels come out gorgeous? Squeee!)

We will feature these in our perfumerie when they are released, but the link on the perfumerie page will take you to another website where you can order them. They will NOT be available directly from us - this is what we call a "retail exclusive", when we make something for another vendor.

@Liz - it must have taken a special effort to avoid one of the biggest films of all time. LOL!

@ LadyV - The musicians always make me cry at that part. That was true - that happened. They knew they weren't going to be saved, so they played. Yeah, and that MOTHER! Sheesh. But what an amazing actress that lady is - she's divine in everything I've seen her in.

Oooh, Ooooh, Mara I posted on the 'closed LP area' on FB to send folks here to read this - but can I brag this to my wall? I'm so excited for you guys!

Thank you, dear Katz! :Hug_emoticon: Let's wait for the official website addresses before we post to FB, ok?

They were such bad asses for continuing to play.. such passion and dedication.That's going to be me. The end of the world will come and I will be there in my tiara slathering on my LPs typing away on this message board.

Romance of Yesteryear has amazing dresses too!

What is it with cats-in-bath pictures today!? Halo posted a crazy-funny one for me on FB..NEEDS A CAPTION!

404364_10150584538997968_15579_n.jpg

If only there were an iceberg in that tub it could be Titanic cats version. That cat's tongue is as big as a raft.

What is it with cats-in-bath pictures today!? Halo posted a crazy-funny one for me on FB..NEEDS A CAPTION!

404364_10150584538997968_15579_n.jpg

MAH BRUDDER WUZ TEH SAME COLOR AZ ME...TILL I CLEANEDED HIM WIF MAH SUPAH KITTEH TONGUE!