Stopping In to Say Hello

teallaid

I thought I should stop in and say hello after finding my way here from Magical Omaha....

Finding the wonderful perfumes created by Mara and company has been like finding an oasis in the desert. Guided by all of your incredible reviews. I ordered some samples last weekend, they were here Wednesday and I've been having fun with Cougar, Spontaneous Combustion, Extracurricular Proclivities and Carolyn's Man Nip.Love Potion Red is coming soon....

Some of the free samples included which were more floral, didn't work on me (my skin doesn't do florals well, it craves spice, food, resin or woody scents) so they were shared with a friend and smelled incredible on her. Ironically the scents which did well on me, didn't do well on her....she'll be purchasing some as she fell in love with them.

So I'm compiling a list for March to try out...I can tell I'm going to be having a lot of fun here.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome, Teallaid! You'll love it here, it feels like home...

Happy LP sniffing!!! :perfume:

Welcome here :) oooo,so many you are going to LOVE...do try Garland & Lace and Gianduja <spiced chocolate> ...just too many to list,enjoy reading and re-reading the reviews and descriptons :lol: and then trying to choose,you will soon be one of the addicted ones... :001_302:

:hearts18: Hey, teallaid!!! Welcome to the family! You really did start out with some GREAT LPs. You're going to love it here. It's so cool that you found your way here from Magical Omaha. And I love your avi, too! Is it a Susan Seddon Boulet painting?

Thanks all for all the great advice and welcome. Thanks Molls and ElizabethOSP. My avi is from Aimee Stewart a wonderful artist who does digital work with photoshop. A lot of her photos are in my home. They're full of wonder and magic.

I wore Cougar again today and love that it can be worn at work as I'm a counselor in a medical clinic. They really prefer we don't wear perfume (not an option) so it has been hard to find something that I can wear that I enjoy and others can too. Besides it took some of my clients from :angry3: to :smiley-laughing024: today and I know it wasn't just my work with them .So if anyone has any suggestions for LPs that will continue to help make them mellow, share please and thank you in advance.

And to think I had grabbed some of the LPs just to get feeling sexy and get back in the game again after a break up last year.

Hi Teallaid, welcome to the forum! May some LAM since these are lightly scented. If scents are really frowned upon at your work place, you might want to try UN pheros such as Heart & Soul, Treasured Hearts and Open Window so if your clients feel more secured/trusting, they will be able to open up and share what's bothering them and thus bring them to :smiley-laughing024:

Thanks for the help missdarlynecherie and JOC.

I have to share another story about Cougar. I was at the airport tonight waiting for my flight to Arizona. I was working on my netbook and got a feeling I was being watched. I glanced up and a younger guy was looking at me a couple of seats down. He caught my eye said hi and asked if I was going to Arizona. I told him yes and we chatted a bit more...then he blurted out, "Can I ask what you're wearing? It smells incredible." I'm not brave enough yet to admit what I was wearing, I told him it was a special blend that some incredible lady named Mara had created...

All I can say is wow....I cannot wait till I get home and order a larger bottle, not mention more samples. And of course thanks Mara! This is so much fun.

Edited by teallaid

Awww. great story Teallaid! Thank you!

Y'know, we do have a line of what we call "office friendly" blends. I'm putting another out this month, I'm not sure what we have in stock at the moment, they tend to sell out quickly - esp the phero enhanced ones...but the point of them is, they are on the lighter side and of a type that could pass as residue from your morning shower....

"Are you wearing perfume?"

"Um, no, that's just the scent of my soap or shampoo!" :innocent face:

You really don't want to wear UNscented pheros by themselves. They require at least a light spritz of fragrance or they can be detected quite easily by others...at least by me they can.

I keep spelling your name wrong...do you mind telling us what it means? It may help me remember how to spell it! LOL!

You really don't want to wear UNscented pheros by themselves.

:o I've worn unCougar, unOW and unLace by themselves...usually in my hair...they dry down to nothing, or almost nothing, that I can detect...hope I haven't been upsetting more sensitive-nosed people with them

Edited by tyvey

Welcome Teallaid (I cut and pasted for accuracy, lol!) I've had *lots* of wonderful things to say about LP, and Magical Omaha! Glad you're making your way around... very cool on the Cougar story...

D'you guys think Tranquility would be a good blend for the purpose?

WElcome fellow spice/resin lover!

You must get LP red or black if you are a resin/spice girl. Also BAM brown sugar is lighter for work. Let us know what you pick!

Also try: beyond the veil and Majmua Sultana, MS smells like warm skin. It's lovley

:o I've worn unCougar, unOW and unLace by themselves...usually in my hair...they dry down to nothing, or almost nothing, that I can detect...hope I haven't been upsetting more sensitive-nosed people with them

Tyvey, to ME, what I smell as a residue after dry down is kind of like a soft chemical smell - almost like when you get your clothes from the dry cleaner. It's light, but because I know what they smell like, I can detect it. I have a close friend/customer that often wears them without scent, and I always smell that vague 'dry cleaner-ish" type of smell and wish he would add just a tiny spritz of something light to cover it. He hasn't had any adverse reactions or anything, it might just be me being ultra aware. In the bottles, wet, most pheros smell like musky floral to me, but that late dry down has the dry cleaner smell. Maybe it's just me!!!

Tyvey, to ME, what I smell as a residue after dry down is kind of like a soft chemical smell - almost like when you get your clothes from the dry cleaner. It's light, but because I know what they smell like, I can detect it. I have a close friend/customer that often wears them without scent, and I always smell that vague 'dry cleaner-ish" type of smell and wish he would add just a tiny spritz of something light to cover it. He hasn't had any adverse reactions or anything, it might just be me being ultra aware. In the bottles, wet, most pheros smell like musky floral to me, but that late dry down has the dry cleaner smell. Maybe it's just me!!!

Hmmm forewarned is forearmed! Glad to know....

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone. I'll be trying them.

Mara, I'm of Scotch/Irish descent so have a strong interest in Celtic history. Teallaid means "lusty woman". In anceint times, she was a concubine, the one who didn't have to be proper. When I found this out several years ago .....well I like men and certain activities. So I decided "adopt it"...

• 2 weeks later...

I need advice. Got back from Arizona and found Love Potion Red waiting for me. So of course I had to try it. I had a massage in the evening and my massage therapist said, "What's different?" I thought he was referring to my hair as it was I pulled it up when it was still wet and I usually have it down. When I referred to it, he said impatiently, "No, I mean you smell wonderful". I just smiled into the massage table and said, "It's my perfume". He said in a strained tone..."Wow it's really (long pause) great"....Similar reaction from more males over the last couple of days. Mara did warn in her description on Magical Omaha. I should have listened....

So I need recommendations...I'm going to do an order towards the end of the week and wonder what you all think would be good along the lines of LP Red?

Thanks much! You're all been so wonderful in making me part of this community.

Nice :) ...you could try the Love Potion sampler,other than that the best advice is to read the descriptions and the reviews...ohhh and Red Lace is coming this week :001_302: