Hi!! :)

pinknika

Hi girls,

I'm new here and actually heard about this site from another forum which I am also am very new at. I just made placed an order yesterday of samples and I am really excited to try them out! I ordered:

Extracurricular Proclivities

Rocket Fuel III

Far, Far Away

Darling Clementine

Velvet Kisses

Sexology

Stealing Heaven

Kanary Kremes

I really wanted to try buns of cin, but it's out of stock and breakfast in bed sounds intriguing, I want to try passion in pink, pethivier and I thought I added the cougar one to my cart, but I guess I didn't...anyways i want to try that too even tho I am more of a kitten than a cougar lol. I am really into fruity, floral and gourmand scents. I absolutley love apple, lemon and grapefruit scents no tropical but more like a nice fruit salad. I really like roses, lillies, bergamot, carnation, freesia, violet leaf, jasmine and ylang ylang. I love vanilla, honey, chocolate and cinnamon. I am not so much of a sugary type girl anymore, I used to love cotton candy but that was more in middle school and I burnt myself out of Pink Sugar by Aquolina in highschool. Well, that's a little bit about me, I just wanted to say Hi and I hope to spend more time here getting to know you all :)

welcome aboard, pinknika! with all the notes you enjoy there are certainly LOTS of good things to try from LP! have you found the "search" option for "fragrance type" and such? Makes it easier to hit on what you might be looking - the catalog of scents is pretty big! :)

top of the page: http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/

Welcome Piknika! If you were eyeing Bunns of Cinn you're right to consider Breakfast in Bed--though not the same scent, there are some things they definitely share, especially that sticky foody feel with a dusting of spice.

Hi! -yeah, I didn't see a sample or else I would have tried it, it is limited ed right?? Might have to order a full size :)

Howdy!! You're gonna love Darling Clementine. It smells like my grandma's 5 Flavor Pound cake! And I second Breakfast in Bed. Pom Pom Nom Nom is a great carnation scent. Welcome, and have fun!

Yay, I saw the description on darling clementine and I am like I have to try it! Breakfast in bed..def on the list and pom nom nom..I laughed when I saw the title..I will have to try that too!

Yay, glad you made it over here from the other place! You will love it here!

Hi halo!! I was going to post in the other forum as well, as to all the goodies I just ordered..I did look over your list but funny enough the scents you mentioned I didn't end up ordering...only because there were some on there that didn't have sample sizes...well the individual ones...anyhoo I did take into consideration your list and will have to try the ones you mentioned, as they prob will be full size ones when I get more moola...:)

Extracurricular Proclivities

Rocket Fuel III

Far, Far Away

Darling Clementine

Velvet Kisses

Sexology

Stealing Heaven

Kanary Kremes

. I am really into fruity, floral and gourmand scents. I absolutley love apple, lemon and grapefruit scents no tropical but more like a nice fruit salad. I really like roses, lillies, bergamot, carnation, freesia, violet leaf, jasmine and ylang ylang. I love vanilla, honey, chocolate and cinnamon. I am not so much of a sugary type girl anymore, I used to love cotton candy but that was more in middle school and I burnt myself out of Pink Sugar by Aquolina in highschool.

Hi, Pinknika! Welcome to LP and to your new addiction!

According to your description and tastes, I think you are gonna love 'Far, Far Away', 'Velvet Kisses' and of course 'Rocket Fuel'. There are several apple based potions like Candy Apple Cutie and Lindee's Autumnal Apples that are to die for...If you are actually looking for a fruit salad, there is one named Love Salad, that it's reaaally good, not tropical, it's kiwi heaven! It's perfect layered with something honeyed... IMO the perfect cinnamon based potion, you can find it in Love Potion Red....it's perfect! If you used to like Pink Sugar, I think you will like Love Potion Pink, Spinnerett and Blushing Embers, they all have that pink vibe but are more womanly and sophisticated, particularly Blushing Embers...I still love Pink Sugar, but I love my Pink LPs even moreeee

Welcome to the forum, Pinknika! Have fun sampling the scents. Reading the reviews might help you in shortlisting your wants.

You might want to try Denise's Jasmine Amber Musk (Jasmine)and Ravished (Ylang Yang) and I love Bethoral Potion and Give Peas a Chance, both very classic floral scents.

Hi, Pinknika! Welcome to LP and to your new addiction!

According to your description and tastes, I think you are gonna love 'Far, Far Away', 'Velvet Kisses' and of course 'Rocket Fuel'. There are several apple based potions like Candy Apple Cutie and Lindee's Autumnal Apples that are to die for...If you are actually looking for a fruit salad, there is one named Love Salad, that it's reaaally good, not tropical, it's kiwi heaven! It's perfect layered with something honeyed... IMO the perfect cinnamon based potion, you can find it in Love Potion Red....it's perfect! If you used to like Pink Sugar, I think you will like Love Potion Pink, Spinnerett and Blushing Embers, they all have that pink vibe but are more womanly and sophisticated, particularly Blushing Embers...I still love Pink Sugar, but I love my Pink LPs even moreeee

I'm glad I picked some good ones :) I love kiwi too! i think I forgot to mention that scent, but def will add to the list! All your rec's sound a lot like my style...goodness my list is growing lol

Welcome to the forum, Pinknika! Have fun sampling the scents. Reading the reviews might help you in shortlisting your wants.

You might want to try Denise's Jasmine Amber Musk (Jasmine)and Ravished (Ylang Yang) and I love Bethoral Potion and Give Peas a Chance, both very classic floral scents.

Yes- reviews! I like reading reviews, I will def have to do that. Thanks for your recs! :)

Hey, pinknika! Welcome to the forum and welcome to the addiction!!! You're starting out with a great list of both scents AND pheros. You're going to have fun here--it's a wonderful place! :heart:

:BananaRow::bananajoy::BananaRow:

Thank you! Yeah originally, I started seeking out the pheros, I've played with them a couple years back and am trying reignite that fun time of my life. And it just so happens that my fragrance inventory is quite low..so I think this is a great opportunity-I can have the best of both worlds :)

Hi halo!! I was going to post in the other forum as well, as to all the goodies I just ordered..I did look over your list but funny enough the scents you mentioned I didn't end up ordering...only because there were some on there that didn't have sample sizes...well the individual ones...anyhoo I did take into consideration your list and will have to try the ones you mentioned, as they prob will be full size ones when I get more moola... :)

I can't even remember what list I gave you! Doesn't matter, you can't go wrong at LP. And exploring is half the fun.

SO I got my package on Friday!! I was so crazy excited you have no idea... :jumpforjoy:

I didn't sniff them all at once, although I kinda did through the bottle but everything seemed melded together so I knew I wanted to try them one at a time. Since I ordered perfum w/pheros I decided to go by the phero and not the scent itself...so I tried stealing heaven first, which has open windows blend, which is supposed to be mood lifting etc. I was already in a good mood but wanted to powerup lol. So for me, the top notes were very...bubbly and soapy and sweet. The dry down was very sweet and reminded me of a dryer sheet type. My boyfriend came home about 1/2 hour after I applied it, and he was like whoa...you don't want to know what he said, which was funny because open windows isn't a sexual pheromone...or at least from what I've read. Anyhoo, ha ha he was commenting on it all night. I didn't see his mood elevate because it was elevated already so not sure if the phero worked anyways, that was a funny night.

I wore darling clementine the next day during a bday party. I really like darling clementine, the top notes are really delicous, the middle notes, i can smell the orange and the dry down to me, was a kind of a waffle scent? I know waffle isn't part of the description but it smelled very breakfasty, although it isn't a breakfast type fragrance. I didn't notice any self effects and felt like it was almost a people repellent... probably nothing to do with the pheromone...I'll have to comment on that with another post but I definately like this fragrance.

I wore Sexology, that night. Didn't really notice any effects from my bf and I didn't feel anything myself. The fragrance seemed very incensy to me, very pretty though but not my style.

And yesterday during the day I wore far far away, I really liked the top notes, the dry down/base had an incensy vibe as well, and a sugary one. This one was very interesting and strong. No effects noted.

So I have tried all these so far! I didn't get a chance to try this at work, I ran out the door this morning but next on my list is Kanary Kremes, extra proclitvities, rocket fuel and velvet kisses. Oh my. lol.

Hi Picknika! Welcome to the forum! I'm a noob too. I'm glad to see you've been having fun with your samples. I got some of the same ones as you, and have been having a riot with them as well.

I think that if you read the thread on Darling C you'll notice that some of the women here find Pop Potion is a little strong - I think some of them dilute it in order to elicit the phero-effect they desire.

I think too, that sometimes you have to experiment a little to find what everyone here refers to as your 'sweet spot'. Somtimes you might need to increase the amount you're wearing, sometimes decrease it, in order to get the phero effect. I wore Mara's Rocket Fuel about 4 times without any noticeable effects, then I realized I wasn't applying enough. When I did apply a good amount - oh boy!

I had a similar thing with Sexology that you had. I didn't really notice any effects, nor did it appear to affect my boyfriend. I have promised to try it again, but haven't as of yet.

I'm impressed that you have been so disciplined in trying your samples. When my package arrived I immediately dotted my arms and legs with all 13 different scents because I was too impatient to try them one or two at a time! Lol!

I look forward to reading your reviews. This is a great community, and you'll get all the advice you'll ever need. Have lots & lots of fun!

Edited by Eggers

Hi Picknika! Welcome to the forum! I'm a noob too. I'm glad to see you've been having fun with your samples. I got some of the same ones as you, and have been having a riot with them as well.

I think that if you read the thread on Darling C you'll notice that some of the women here find Pop Potion is a little strong - I think some of them dilute it in order to elicit the phero-effect they desire.

I think too, that sometimes you have to experiment a little to find what everyone here refers to as your 'sweet spot'. Somtimes you might need to increase the amount you're wearing, sometimes decrease it, in order to get the phero effect. I wore Mara's Rocket Fuel about 4 times without any noticeable effects, then I realized I wasn't applying enough. When I did apply a good amount - oh boy!

I had a similar thing with Sexology that you had. I didn't really notice any effects, nor did it appear to affect my boyfriend. I have promised to try it again, but haven't as of yet.

I'm impressed that you have been so disciplined in trying your samples. When my package arrived I immediately dotted my arms and legs with all 13 different scents because I was too impatient to try them one or two at a time! Lol!

I look forward to reading your reviews. This is a great community, and you'll get all the advice you'll ever need. Have lots & lots of fun!

Ha Ha, its really hard not to try and dot all over the place! I'll have to go over to the Darling C thread and post there. I was wondering that maybe it could be the base of which the perfume/pheros are in, I read the guide on how to choose a base for you and I read that alcohol based ones create more of a "cloud" and does better in a wider range. People were not close to me at all, (well not close enough to smell me) because I had no compliments what so ever on how I smelled, and my bf...it didn't seem like he noticed I was wearing any and he comments "mmm you smell good" almost all the time. I thought I gave myself a good dose, applied to wrists, arms, chest, belly and neck...even the hair although it says you shouldn't. I could surely smell it...maybe I'll try again. All your samples are oil based right? I think thats the only option. I think I need to experiment some more and find that spot lol.

Yes, all of my samples are in oil. And I have put Darling C in my hair a bit - helps to diffuse it a bit, as I have long hair that I tend to flip around.

I had to play around with this just a bit. The first time I wore it I hardly put any on at all, and of course, I felt no effects. The next few times I wore it I applied it fairly liberally, and it worked like a charm. Idk though - some people seem able to get away with using a 'normal' amount of this, and from reading some reviews of it, some people definitely find that with the Pop Potion, less is more. I think it's fun to play around until you find what works. And once you do, it's like 'Ooh!'. I had to play with a few scents that way, but thankfully it's not too complicated a process. If it were, I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

Sometimes, because my BF either has a guitar or a video game controller in his hands, and is not paying attention to me, I'll put my wrists right under his nose and ask him to tell me what he thinks, else I'll try to make him hug me for a minute or two, (yes, I said 'make him' because he's not huggy). After he's been exposed to the blend for a few seconds, it seems to 'stick' somehow, and his behaviour often falls into line with what I'd expect from certain phero blends. He's pretty easy to test on, as he doesn't mind smelling my perfumes, and his reactions to the pheros are *very* noticeable.

I find it tougher to gauge in a crowd, and tend to put my scents in places that I know will help get them 'out there'. Back of the hands is a big one for me, and the back of my neck just below the hairline seems to be good too, since I swish my hair around so much. Also, the sides of my throat, just above my collar bone works well, (my friends are a huggy bunch, and have been hugging me harder and longer than usual since I started with the LPs!). I also do the crooks of my elbows, sometimes a smoosh down the tops of my forearms, and I also do the 'Mara Maneuver' or the 'Lollipop' application, though I concentrate a bit on my chest because I tend to wear v-neck shirts and sweaters.

Also, there is one member here who has a little trick that I've adopted - when she's close to people in a crowd she sort of 'fluffs' out her shirt, making a kind of 'is it hot in here?' motion, to help disperse the scent/phero blend. It works amazingly well. I do it often. :D Have fun!!!

Edited by Eggers

Yes, all of my samples are in oil. And I have put Darling C in my hair a bit - helps to diffuse it a bit, as I have long hair that I tend to flip around.

I had to play around with this just a bit. The first time I wore it I hardly put any on at all, and of course, I felt no effects. The next few times I wore it I applied it fairly liberally, and it worked like a charm. Idk though - some people seem able to get away with using a 'normal' amount of this, and from reading some reviews of it, some people definitely find that with the Pop Potion, less is more. I think it's fun to play around until you find what works. And once you do, it's like 'Ooh!'. I had to play with a few scents that way, but thankfully it's not too complicated a process. If it were, I don't think I'd have the patience for it.

Sometimes, because my BF either has a guitar or a video game controller in his hands, and is not paying attention to me, I'll put my wrists right under his nose and ask him to tell me what he thinks, else I'll try to make him hug me for a minute or two, (yes, I said 'make him' because he's not huggy). After he's been exposed to the blend for a few seconds, it seems to 'stick' somehow, and his behaviour often falls into line with what I'd expect from certain phero blends. He's pretty easy to test on, as he doesn't mind smelling my perfumes, and his reactions to the pheros are *very* noticeable.

I find it tougher to gauge in a crowd, and tend to put my scents in places that I know will help get them 'out there'. Back of the hands is a big one for me, and the back of my neck just below the hairline seems to be good too, since I swish my hair around so much. Also, the sides of my throat, just above my collar bone works well, (my friends are a huggy bunch, and have been hugging me harder and longer than usual since I started with the LPs!). I also do the crooks of my elbows, sometimes a smoosh down the tops of my forearms, and I also do the 'Mara Maneuver' or the 'Lollipop' application, though I concentrate a bit on my chest because I tend to wear v-neck shirts and sweaters.

Also, there is one member here who has a little trick that I've adopted - when she's close to people in a crowd she sort of 'fluffs' out her shirt, making a kind of 'is it hot in here?' motion, to help disperse the scent/phero blend. It works amazingly well. I do it often. :D Have fun!!!

Thanks for your reply! I thought I was the only girl out there who makes their boyfriend hug them ha ha. I didn't have him sniff my wrist with darling c only because I think he's on to me..I just got all this new perfume and he saw me looking at pheros online...I want to keep it discreet for now so I can see if it effects him and not having him *think* it effects him. I am going to apply A LOT more next time and to the points you described and maybe flip my hair around and fluff my clothes to get it to disperse. I did use the lollipop method, what is the mara maneuver? Didn't see that one in any posts yet..thank you so much for your help, this forum is super nice and everyone is so knowledgable :)

Since you are using samples and the pheros are 1/3 strength in scented blends try using more if you aren't getting hits. For me with most blends more is more. Everyone is different of course.

True, I kinda forgot about that...I definately will apply more! Realistically, in your opinion, would you think because the unscented pheros are stronger vs the scented blends, it would be a better choice to just use the unscented kind? I know everyone's chemistry is different and less is more type thing sometimes but I can't help but wonder what those are strengths are like.

True, I kinda forgot about that...I definately will apply more! Realistically, in your opinion, would you think because the unscented pheros are stronger vs the scented blends, it would be a better choice to just use the unscented kind? I know everyone's chemistry is different and less is more type thing sometimes but I can't help but wonder what those are strengths are like.

It kind of depends. The scented mixes are great for getting your feet wet and trying lots of them inexpensively. BUT if what you are really after is the pheros you might do better trying some of the UNs. I didn't start getting outrageous big hits until I started with the UNs. The exception is the cops. Scented cops work wonderfully well on me. But the caveat is that I have a pretty high threshhold for pheros. Some people like Tyvey are very sensitive and get hits with a lot less than me.

It kind of depends. The scented mixes are great for getting your feet wet and trying lots of them inexpensively. BUT if what you are really after is the pheros you might do better trying some of the UNs. I didn't start getting outrageous big hits until I started with the UNs. The exception is the cops. Scented cops work wonderfully well on me. But the caveat is that I have a pretty high threshhold for pheros. Some people like Tyvey are very sensitive and get hits with a lot less than me.

I think I'll have to seriously experiment, I'm not sure how my body chemistry reacts to pheros because I am so inexperienced but I think what i'll do is try some of the unscented ones and see what happens. I still have to experiment with my samples too, I probably would use all those up before I make a decision. It would be nice to be sensitive to them and not use as much, but I might be one of those kinds that need a whole lot before any I get any hits.

Cougar doesn't make young men jump all over me (haha) but it does seem to make people of both genders chattier and friendlier. The scented one is a very pleasant grapefruit blend.

Hey Pinknika,

I'm trying to keep my phero use discreet too, (in other words, trying not to let the boyfriend know), but he doesn't know I've been reading about them or trying them out. He just thinks I've found some perfumer that I love, so my tactic has been to ask him about every single scent I try, because I know that eventually he'll just shake his head and say that they all smell the same, and lose interest, which means he won't bother to really look at my perfumes! Lol! He's kinda predictable that way.

But it's very, very nice to know that I'm getting honest to goodness reactions from him, (or not, as the case may be), because he doesn't know. I like that.

Like Halo suggested, I'm considering trying the UNs. Iwould love to boost everything I buy, but it's not a financially feasible thing for me to do, (considering I want one of almost every perfume I've tried so far!). I like the versatility of the UNs, too, because it'd be nice to choose both the phero and perfume for the day, depending on how I feel.

Oh! And the Mara Maneuver is the Lollipop method: roll in cleavage down and around the belly button, (like an upside down lollipop).

ETA an apology for the run-on sentence in first paragraph!

Edited by Eggers

Cougar doesn't make young men jump all over me (haha) but it does seem to make people of both genders chattier and friendlier. The scented one is a very pleasant grapefruit blend.

Yeah I want to try that one! Especially the blend, grapefruit is right up my alley!

Hey Pinknika,

I'm trying to keep my phero use discreet too, (in other words, trying not to let the boyfriend know), but he doesn't know I've been reading about them or trying them out. He just thinks I've found some perfumer that I love, so my tactic has been to ask him about every single scent I try, because I know that eventually he'll just shake his head and say that they all smell the same, and lose interest, which means he won't bother to really look at my perfumes! Lol! He's kinda predictable that way.

But it's very, very nice to know that I'm getting honest to goodness reactions from him, (or not, as the case may be), because he doesn't know. I like that.

Like Halo suggested, I'm considering trying the UNs. Iwould love to boost everything I buy, but it's not a financially feasible thing for me to do, (considering I want one of almost every perfume I've tried so far!). I like the versatility of the UNs, too, because it'd be nice to choose both the phero and perfume for the day, depending on how I feel.

Oh! And the Mara Maneuver is the Lollipop method: roll in cleavage down and around the belly button, (like an upside down lollipop).

ETA an apology for the run-on sentence in first paragraph!

Speaking of being discreet...I went into my room earlier and what I wanted to do was separate my samples into perfume swatches and label them, and I use rubber gloves when I do this too so I don't mix all the fragrances and get them on my fingers because I really want to smell them separately with the dry down before I apply them to my skin, I know I'm crazy lol and prob not too smart because skin changes the smell of everything but anyhoo back to my story...so I'm wearing gloves and have these vials in my hand and Im sitting on the floor in the bedroom and I look all mad scientist like, and my boyfriend walks in. Im like HEY!! Don't come in here!! He looks at me like I'm crazy, he's like...okay...what?? lol. I'm like go away ha ha. He's like okay..freakshow lol.

But it's fun experimenting on the unknowing...lol. But I'm pretty sure he knows. I had the laptop on the couch and (we live in a very very small one bedroom house) so theres no where to go and my computer desk is my slash my makeup station lol, so I can't use my computer and well he just happens to glance over a couple weeks ago and he was like "PHEROMONES??!!" I'm like NOOO. Pfff.

Sorry for the long story, I'm feeling really chatty right now I guess, maybe cause I just got done sniffing all my samples ha ha. But I too want to consider using the UN's...theres just so many and I would want a complete set of everything and we know thats just not realistic with my budget. But I'll have to figure out a way somehow lol.

Hey Pinknika,

That's a really good idea - the perfume swatches. Let me know how they turned out for you.

A lot of women here tell their partners they're using pheros. I have several reasons why I'd rather my partner not know, but I may change my mind in the future.

It is fun testing things out on him now, when he doesn't know. It makes it much easier to gauge his responses. He's sorta predictable, so when there's a change in behaviour it's easy to spot.

I keep scheming and replanning my next order, (and the next, and the next), trying to figure out how I can get a few of the UNs, some boosted scents, and some unphero'd scents, too, but I always have to scale back, 'cause the order winds up being something ridiculous like $500! Haha! I think that in the end I'll probably boost and use some UNs. I suppose it depends on what works for me.

Right now I need a money potion to keep me in LPs!

...But I too want to consider using the UN's...theres just so many and I would want a complete set of everything and we know thats just not realistic with my budget. But I'll have to figure out a way somehow lol.

Hi pinknika! Check out the trading post! You can trade/purchase scents other members tried, that they dont like/dont want, and you can usually get them for a little less. Some members also have deals on samples (samples they've gotten from LPMP), 4 for $10, and I've even seen 6 for $10, so If you want to test many before you buy a bottle, it's definitely a way to go. Just read the rules for trading/purchasing because Mara set up a system to minimize 'swaplifting' BUT swapping/trading on the forum is at your own risk. I've purchased from 3 members so far, and have had no issues, as this seems to be a nice/honest community of folks. Its a good way to save a little money for the big bottles you like!

And if you're active in reviewing scents on the forum (LPMP or Pherothruth), you can get 2 free samples ONCE per month (not on PEs or UNs though), with a $25 purchase. Theres a link at the top in the gift shoppe, I think. AND theres a Buy two, Get 1 deal on selected scents...skim though Bisou's intro thread, I think the list of scents is posted (no pheros though)...not sure how the B2G1 works, or for how long, but its also a deal I saw recently. And Mara is so awesome, she may throw in a few freebies with orders. So theres a few different ways to save a little bit. But it is definitely an addiction :Emoticons0086: so get ready! And as with any addiction, the person addicted WILL find a way to support the habit ;)