Titanic Perfumes - Shades of Rose

ElizabethOSP

The first scent is called "Young Rose". This was chosen because, if you have seen the film as many times as we have, you will remember that the shipbuilder onboard always calls her "Young Rose". This is the Rose who is a paragon of high society. The epitome of elegance. But straining at her harnesses, isn't she?

AD2-YoungRose_LovePotion.jpg

Young Rose is the scent of elegance and high society...a memory of a lost age.

Ingredients: Antique White Roses, Rosewater, Tibetan White Tea with a wee drop of Lemon. The antique papery feel of lavish Sandalwood. A dried bouquet with a hint of wistfulness, laid upon a doily of hand tatted lace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But then, she meets her Jack. He teases her, he taunts her, and she follows wherever he leads until she is hopelessly in love with him and there is no going to back to the staid woman she was before. She becomes....

AD2-JacksRose_LovePotion.jpg

Jack's Rose ~

This is the most playful of the trio, filled with happiness and joy. When you're in love, kisses taste like pure sugar. Mouths stained like berries because you can't keep your lips off each other... The scent of joyfulness in a bottle, and a bit of mischievousness too.

Ingredients: Baby Pink and Sweetheart Roses, berry-sweetened with drops of mood-elevating Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry and Powdered Sugar, with an innocent glow of sheer youthful skin Musk.

Even a 3 hour movie can end too soon, yeah? But Jack did more than just allow her to live...he SHOWED her how to live. And our Rose did not take this supreme gift for granted. She lived for both of them. Rose traveled from the Santa Monica Pier to the pyramids of Egypt. She learned to fly, she was a Hollywood star...she grabbed hold of life with both hands and LIVED it...and this is what the last of our trio is about....

AD2-ForeverRose_LovePotion.jpg

Forever Rose ~

A perfume of ingredients only to be found if one circles the globe in search of the finest, richest, rarest, most elusive and divine... Forever Rose is the scent of the independent woman, the confident yet mysterious world traveler who knows what she wants and how to achieve it.

Ingredients: Deepest, darkest Red Rose attars from India and Egypt...pounds of rose petals are used to create just a few precious drops. Aged Indian Patchouli, Tunisian Amber, forbidden animalic musks, exotic spices from Zanzibar and Marrakech over sweet Honey derived from Orange Blossom fed bees, and several more Honey varieties besides, because this alluring ingredient is the undeniable scent of womanhood...the closest aroma found in nature to the scent of female arousal, and a veritable magnet for men.

I wore all three of these, each in their own spot, last evening. They are exquisite, each in their own way. For now, a quick take on all three:

Young Rose...at first sniff, I thought, "Oh! Beautiful tea rose," but it's so much more. It's NOT tea rose--it just smelled fresh and uncomplicated, and then it gradually unfolded its true character. ~~~In fact, all three of these developed like that on me. First, straightforward; then, more intricate; lastly, sophisticated, each in its way.~~~ As the other notes warmed on me, the perfume truly bloomed. This may well end up as my favorite of the three, which I did NOT expect. The element in this one that ensnares me is the sandalwood, which is utterly *perfect.*

Jack's Rose...again, at first sniff, it was all mixed berries and sweets, and then the roses started showing up. They played back and forth for a while. Then, when I thought the berries were going to win over the roses, everything melded. It turned into this delicious berry/rosy party with what must have been the musk quietly holding everything together. At long drydown, it had morphed from a giggly party into an introspective evening gazing out at the horizon. Lovely.

Forever Rose...this was surprisingly dark on me. I know--duh--but I didn't expect *quite* the depth of the scent. I love dark scents, and this one is no exception. Now, be it stated that my skin takes honey and either trashes it or amps it. In this case, it ended up amping it and my long drydown late last night was a sort of black honey blend. Today, the honey is still there on my arm, but it smells...I mean TRULY smells...like some of our local honey! The wild honey that we get from our favorite stand out on Greenspot Road would be mainly orange blossom with various chaparral plants mixed in. This is the *very first time* that a honey note has come out so true on my skin!!! I am floored. So, all the other notes *were* going by on me during drydown, but I was so focused on the honey that I didn't pay enough attention.

So, there it is for the test run. When I start wearing them one-at-a-time, I'll come back and update if need be. I love all three of these perfumes, and I think Mara created a fabulous work of perfumer's art with this set!!!

:nice04271::nice04271::nice04271:

P.S. I'm still all :banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058: about jumping at this set, receiving it so quickly from Romance of Yesteryear, and luuuuurrrrving all the scents. Thanks, Mara, for creating something that allowed me to.....gift myself!.....so wonderfully!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Thank you, Elizabeth! SQUISH!!!

Here's a note from RomanceofYesteryear.com upon receiving the package:

The oils are absolutely gorgeous. More than I could have hoped for, you did a fantastic job. They capture the look and scents that I wanted but could not have come up with on my own. You are a true artist! We're already shipping so the gals should have them soon, maybe today or tomorrow, so get ready for them to gush!!!

The Baltimore Sun thing will be April so I am excited about that.

Thanks so much again for such an incredible collection!!!

:)

.........so get ready for them to gush!!!...............

:)

.....and we ARE!!! :Emoticons0424:

Beautifully expressed review! :abfx:

Thankyou if you mean mine, and YAAAY-YUH if you mean Cindy's! Heeeeeeeeeeee!!! <<giggle>>

FURTHER REVIEW: I just got back from teaching. Ya gotta LOVE when you come back from a piano lesson with the beginning of a hangover!!! This is a family that we're good friends with--well, it's Santa! Y'all know Santa. He'll give me a glass of wine while his youngest and I are working, and today he refilled my glass while I wasn't looking. So of course, I really *had* to stay longer and work on some blues with the young elf!

ANYWAY, I left the Forever Rose from last evening on my right arm to see how it would weather. It's staying there, perfectly, as a lovely, floral honey. This is some amazing stuff, Ladies. It's been about 22 hours!

ACK!

P.S. Mara, your latest avi is one of my favorite paintings in the whole wide world!!! Waterhouse has got to be my fave of the Pre-Raphaelites.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Young Rose--first I get lots of rose,but only for a short time before the scent begins to develop. It's very dainty, antique like.I don't get much tea with this, but the sandalwood is magnificent. It's light but has a lot of staying power. I imagine Victorian ladies wore a scent very similar to this one.

Even if you don't like roses, I think you will probably like Jack's Rose. On me, roses can srot take over a scent, but i think the berries keep it in check. This is a very pink scent, a very happy scent. When i smell this, I think of the scene where Rose went dancing in steerage class with Jack.

Forever Rose is a lovely scent. It's deep and mellow compared to the other two. At first sniff, it smelled like Pantene conditioner circa 1995. I mean this as a high compliment!! That was one of the best smells ever and i was devastated when they retooled their line. Anyway, that's exactly what it smelled like when it first went on. Then the musks come out. Some of the deeper musks I can't do, and for a moment, I thought they were going to take over, but then they mellowed. Yay!! And I have to agree with Elizabeth on the honey. Honey can go really wrong really fast on my skin, but it stayed true on me too!!!

These are wonderful, wonderful scents. Excellent job!!!

Hi Elizabeth :D Fantastic reviews - I was thinking of maybe not going for the Titanic scents, only because it is running through a different website, and I should be saving my pennies, but they just look, and sound so flipping good...

I also love John William Waterhouse, my favourite of his has to me My Sweet Rose and Hylas and the Nymphs. I'd love a massive print of Hylas and the Nymphs and I'd hang it above my bed - it is just so stunning. Love so many of John Godward's too.

OMG

I've been wearing all 3 for 2 days

I'm at a loss for words, I'm not as eloquent as many of you here and I fear I won't be able to give this trio it's due, a very well deserved due

I can however say that my sister WILL NOT be getting Young Rose for her B-day and MsDC...... I'll be keeping Jack's Rose :oops: , sorry :(

:iguana: Oddly, the 2 that I felt I could easily part with, are the 2 that I LUV the most !!

Wet....(all 3, the 1st sampling) I thought: great !! there goes $45 down the drain, why did you buy this !

YOU DON'T ROSE !!

but on the drydown, they ALL captivated me !! that was it ! I was sold ! and there was NO turning back,

I was GOO GOO for ROSES :Emoticons00810::Emoticons0086::Emoticons04235:

The drop of lemon in Young Rose is SO light, SO soft.....you'll know what I mean

The sweetness in Jack's Rose is delicate and NOT overly sweet, which is what I was afraid of

Forever Rose .....well that was a given

VERY NICELY DONE MS Mara (and the team) !!!

I may even (finally) watch the MOVIE :Emoticons0424:

Edited by liz

I love Waterhouse! I have a large print of "The Crystal Ball" (without skull).

I went and looked at the web site, and am I correct that these ONLY come as a set and not individually?

I love Waterhouse! I have a large print of "The Crystal Ball" (without skull).

I went and looked at the web site, and am I correct that these ONLY come as a set and not individually?

Yep, they're a set. <<<Theyre SO worth it!!!>> :666:

Oh and I need to add to Young Rose. On extreme drydown there's a creaminess to it that I didn't get the first time I wore it. Yet another aspect of the loveliness!!!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

ps: and the little bag the scents are........NICE TOUCH !!

ps: and the little bag the scents are........NICE TOUCH !!

Hey, liz! I saw you wore them together @ work today. I like them all together, too! :heart: Did they cover the phero nicely?

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Hey, liz! I saw you wore them together @ work today. I like them all together, too! :heart: Did they cover the phero nicely?

I think so, but then LFM, at least the one I bought - spray AND NO COPS, there wasn't anything to "cover" ?!

cops are the ONLY thing that smells funky to me (IMO), I never smell pheros, I either feel the self effects or see/experience the results from SP, know what I mean ?

PLUS, I only did 2 sprays/squirts, LFM is the 1st un-phero blend spray I've purchased !

hope that helps EOSP

huggy,huggy, kissy, kissy 04.gif

Edited by liz

Lol! No problemo...I think I'll have enough choices this month to keep my mind off of it!!

sent you an email

Wet....(all 3, the 1st sampling) I thought: great !! there goes $45 down the drain, why did you buy this !

YOU DON'T ROSE !!

But wait, you came up with one of the best rose-based PEs ever!

Tru dat! I love LOVE your Rose Otto/Patch blend... mmm... it's the ONLY LP rose I've got!

Tru dat! I love LOVE your Rose Otto/Patch blend... mmm... it's the ONLY LP rose I've got!

aww Thanks Ladies !!

I guess I meant that Rose wasn't my favorite scent,

never imagined myself buying a $45 set, plus liking a lot & keeping all 3

there's been a few that I thought ...you can do this (because of the companion notes), liked it for a minute and the thrill was gone.

oh gawd.....maybe I'm getting old, mushy and gonna start being all kinds of GIRLY !! :huh:

gonna have to try my Sug'd Dk Patch & Rs Otto w/LFM.... AND SNAP OUT OF IT.......HUH ?!!! :Emoticons0424: hee

Edited by liz

• 2 weeks later...

Got my set today, couldn't let them settle, lol

Young Rose - white rose, white tea, lemon - all loves for me. Sandalwood can go either way. In here, it's nice. This is light and pretty.

Jack's Rose - went on super sweet. Lots of berries, lots of sugar. The roses came out and the berries stepped back. A light musk appears... I think this may be my fave of the bunch!!

Forever Rose - I love red rose. I love amber. I love musks. I love spices. I love honey, This is beautiful, and amazing. I see myself wearing this a LOT.

Beautiful collection, beautiful presentation.. love the bag!!!

• 3 weeks later...

WOW I just placed my order and received it yesterday!

Okay the pouch is to die for! So very pretty and ladylike!

Jack's Rose- Hands down my favorite. I love this one! It's a very sweet and playful rose that reminds the world she knows how to dance, live, laugh and have fun~ and have a nooner where the steampunk car and luggage are kept. This is such a beautiful scent and I could really feel the dedication LP put into getting this and the feel of the scent right. This is such a happy fun but sweet scent. It reminded me of Sugar Plum Fae in the way that is was sheer and sparkly.

Young Rose- This one reminded me of one of those exquisite porcelain dolls that are in curio cabinets. It was very beautiful and still. Like very very fine porcelain china that needs to be displayed and admired but not touched. I could almost smell the beautiful lace and soft curls of this doll. I could feel how cold this scent is compared to Jack's Rose., almost like a cool white tea rose that should be adorned in exquisite vases and admired. It smells so pure and rich. I really love the coolness and whiteness of this scent. Just like the finest lace or china.

Forever Rose- This was one wild scent on me. The patch came straight away and the spices did as well. This is a more experienced scent. This is the scent of a woman who knows who she is and makes no apologies, has no regrets. This scent reminds me of someone that is comfortable in their skin and has big brass balls the size of the Titanic. It's exotic and says , this is me.

Very very beautiful! I can smell the dedication and love that went into this collection.

:nice04271:

:wub: awww thanks guys.. I feel like I want Leo to paint nude pictures of me wearing these.. Jack and Young Rose on each nipple and Forever Rose on my cooch.. with my black hair up up and away like this.. :frankenstein-s-brids:

... waving your arms on the bow, like you're Queen of the World! ;) Haha!

• 6 months later...

Finally got my paws on some Jack's Rose. Huge burst of bright pink sweetheart roses on me at first, almost sharp but pleasantly, cleanly so. The berries are not literal at all which is good as it therefore does not go Plastic of Doom on me for even a moment, yay!!! Instant mood lifter, extremely positive and sunny vibe. Love it

• 4 months later...

Just curious, I received these in the order that I picked up from the post office today. I did a search in the forum, but nothing turned up. There is three of them, Young Rose, Jack's Rose, and Forever Rose.

The Young Rose is like a delicate, true rose smell, very romantic. Jack's Rose is a fruity-floral, very nice. Then there's Forever Rose, which I like the most, to me it's very warm and spicy, I can't stop sniffing my hand! Anyone else digging these? :)

They were a retail exclusive (we created for another retailer) that we now have permission to sell on our site too. Look for each in the Perfumerie.

Dang! seeing the new posts here, I had to stop in. Reread the reviews. Oddly enough, I've been eyeballing my bottles a lot recently, but hadn't worn them again yet. NAO I HAZ ALLLLLL 3 ON!!! :w00t:

They have aged beautifully, and still perfectly evoke a woman at 3 different stages of her life. Smelling them right in a row you get the Maiden-Mother-Crone thing. The personality develops and is enriched by life experience.

:heart: Mara, you really did an exceptional piece of art with this set. :heart:

I was really glad to see them in the perfumerie. Will all 3 be for sale now? When I first spotted them--what, acouple days ago?--it looked like there was only Jack's Rose in stock. If I'm remembering right. But you've changed a bunch of stuff since then! :)

Thanks for pointing that out to me Elizabeth! I had programmed the three but forgot to click one tiny button to make them active. D'oh! They are all available individually now. Thanks!

:heart: Oh, cool! Didn't know I was bein' a beta tester! :w00t:

Ok. Got all three on (of course)....quick summation...

Jack's Rose...a fresh summery rose and berry crushed ice sorbet sort of thing. Refreshing and addicting. Young and fun.

Young Rose...my favorite! absolutely gorgeous young delicate rose petals! Pretty pretty pretty!

Forever Rose...a shock to the nose after sniffing the more delicate ones. BUT...more complicated than the others. Sophisticated and seductive. Love the honey smothering the roses in this one.

I really want to wear them seperately to get a better perspective. Especially Forever Rose because it is very different for me and I can see me really appreciating it a bit more on its own without the other ones calling out to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I hesitated to try these amazing (thank you Mara) scents because I've never considered myself a floral person as I've always been drawn to vanilla.

I did swipe a bit of each on my arm and at first thought Young Rose smelled like my Aunt Sally that always looked very proper though I haven't seen or smelled her in over 30 years. I immediately fell in love with Jacks Rose but didn't know why and wasn't at all impressed with Forever Rose - at first.

I decided to wear Jacks Rose but it turned on me. Then tried a bit of Forever Rose and liked it. Hmmmmm ....

So today, SLATHERED on Young Rose. I feel like I should be wearing my pearls or something LOL so I am risking a bit of an OD on PM and wearing something closer to the lines of a young spring breaker type dress with the twins popping out. I smell like my Aunt Sally (not a bad thing just a bit too mature) so I went ahead and took off my peridot and am wearing a large piece of amber on a string of fresh water pearls.

20 minutes in ... I'm picking up ... is that a hint of lemon?? Be back later with the morphing. So far, me likey :-) (edited early because I always type if instead of - of LOL)

Four hours later and I can barely detect a hint of rose. For a while I thought I might of started to smell like a linen closet ... but got distracted. Haven't a clue how I smell to others but Mr C when given the chance, rests his head against my chest (that would be the PM) and hasn't complained so I must be smelling good :-)

Edited by livinlavidacabo

• 4 weeks later...

I've just received Young Rose. As this is the only one I have from the Titanic Rose set, I cannot compare with the others. But i really like this one. It's a light and pretty rose scent, really like 'young roses'. A beautiful romantic spring perfume. I could imagine it as a spray, may be mixed with Lace, to spray it on my hair.

• 1 year later...

Forever Rose was the one I bought in the sale because it sounded like the one I'd like the most - but what gives me *sadface* is that I don't get any of the honey! I was hoping this might be some sort of awesome cross between Sugared Babe and Remind Me Again, and at first I get that gorgeous rose attar, so beautiful...but then within about five minutes this goes soapy on me. And then a while later it turns spicy and I don't mind that, it sort of reminds me of Evil in Carnation but...I wanted roses and honey and resins, waaaah!

• 8 months later...

I ordered a couple small bottles of the forever rose as my freebies from the sale, because it sounded like something I would like. And, I figured if it didn't work for me, they would be really nice little stocking stuffers for this Christmas.

On me, I get the amber and the patch, the deep rose, and the honey. Not a lot of the musk and spices, but maybe after I wear it a while.so far, I like it. A lot. Will see how it wears.