Allow me to introduce myself

Moon Bloom

Hello awesome sounding forum members,

I just started my formal addiction the other day (is it actually possible to be addicted when I have yet to try the product!?!). I happened upon this community when I was doing some reading on another site (pherotalk or pherotruth, I can't really remember which one) and I began lurking and informing myself of the possibilities (I've still got tons to learn). I've decided to stay here, rather than anywhere else, because it seems like a fun and a very considerate family of people and I only hope my contribution will be as such.

I am a fairly new single parent to a young girl. I decided to leave a miserable situation and do my best to make a brighter future for my daughter and myself. While HE is still a big part of the picture (for my little one's sake), he is not still a part of my picture. I have returned to school and am quite a bit older than most of the students around me. To boot, I am in a program that is male dominated (more females are carving out a path in my chosen career however). I am determined to succeed and have been juggling things pretty well. When I graduate I will have an earning power that is beyond what I previously could conceive of (YAY! I'll be able to buy lots of LP stuff!). My issue is getting through all the male dominated industry crap! I don't really know if I can make use of the "sexy" blends yet as there are NO prospects for me as I'm a single mom and I don't have much time for social encounters of that nature (one can only dreaml!), but I have to say that there seemed to be some serious interest from some of the not-so-young guys at school until they discovered a had a baby. Are there any phero cures for that?! Probably not.

Anyway, my position is this: I think if Focus Potion works for me, I will be a die hard user. If Cougar Potion works for me, I'll be on cloud 9 as some days I feel like I just don't fit in (although I do have friends around my age and older at school). I couldn't get any DC as it was sold out. I'm really wondering if Shark Whisperer will work for me in an outdoor environment (given my being surrounded by guys that I want to fit in with, not be sexy towards... o.k. maybe some sexiness, but for other guys and for after hours... if I get the time).

I'm pretty sure this post may be classified as long winded, but I figured if I'm the one crashing your party, I should let you know a bit of who I am and where I'm coming from.

That said, I just placed my first order last night. I got all trial sizes of the following :

With pheros:

Garland and Lace V4

Portmanteau

The Shark Whisperer

Rocket Fuel III

Far, Far Away

Cougar Potion

Cuddle Bunny

Aether and Liquid Flourite

All Hallow's Eve 2011

Perfumes:

Vamp Cafe

The Empress of Persica

Tahitian Temptress

Skool's Out!

Festival of Lights

Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla

Love Potion Trial Collection

And with that, I apologize for my indiscriminant use of parentheses (only because I can't get the emoticons to work and I have to use something in profusion!), and I welcome any suggestions you may think relevant to my situation!

Welcome, Moon Bloom!

Thank you for joining us! I think you will enjoy the company here - several of whom can identify with your situation....not to mention your soon to be LP addiction...bwahahaha... Do let us know when your package arrives and how the potions work for you. Until then, feel free to chat and get to know everyone. This is a wonderful friendly supportive bunch and I think you'll fit right in!

:smilies-23596:

Welcome here :) sweet 1st order...the adventure begins,and will be exciting for you! Cougar was my first love and is a good place to start for an all around confidence boost :D

Hi Moon Bloom! Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll find lots that you love in your order - you got some really good stuff!

As for being long-winded... unfortunately I think I'm starting to assume that crown, lol! My posts always seem to be gigantic! I keep saying that I don't talk so much in real life, but at this point, I don't think anyone believes me! :blush:

Welcome!

Mara, thanks so much for the warm welcome and to everyone actually. I will definitely be keeping you posted on the arrival of said package and how the contents work for me. I'm entirely optimistic, :thumbup: but will not let enthusiasm hinder my accurate reporting!

goddesslyne, I am glad to hear that I have ordered awesome scents, some of which I hadn't seen posted about recently. I will be providing detailed reviews of my phero and scent experiences and will be as objective as possible. I think details make the world go 'round unless, of course, they're too trivial!

Calii and Blue Bear, the more I read posts re: Cougar, the more I was convinced I had to try it. I like that it seems to be a social phero with confidence boosting self-effects. That's definitely what I need right now.

Eggers, by all means, assume the title of long-windedness, but I believe you that you don't talk as much as you write here. I'm that way. I can type your eyeballs off ?!!, but when it comes to daily face-to-face stuff I'm not that prone to verbiage. A little shy, I think, unless around friends. I don't think it's unfortunate. I think it's great! Here's to the long-winded lovelies!

BTW Mara, I think I've aready succumbed to the LP forces. I have developed an interim addiction to trying to imagine what the different fragrances smell like individually and together (the beauty of reading ALL of the ingredients in your potions and prefumes ,not like commercial perfumes :frown: ). When I get the goods, then I'll begin my REAL addiction! :jumpforjoy:

welcome to Mara's pretty scented army, i mean forum community. lol. i got to say i am impressed with your first order. Garland and Lace is my absolute fave of all time!!! everyone here is really friendly so feel free to ask questions. welcome welcome!

Hello awesome sounding forum members,

I just started my formal addiction the other day (is it actually possible to be addicted when I have yet to try the product!?!). I happened upon this community when I was doing some reading on another site (pherotalk or pherotruth, I can't really remember which one) and I began lurking and informing myself of the possibilities (I've still got tons to learn). I've decided to stay here, rather than anywhere else, because it seems like a fun and a very considerate family of people and I only hope my contribution will be as such.

I am a fairly new single parent to a young girl. I decided to leave a miserable situation and do my best to make a brighter future for my daughter and myself. While HE is still a big part of the picture (for my little one's sake), he is not still a part of my picture. I have returned to school and am quite a bit older than most of the students around me. To boot, I am in a program that is male dominated (more females are carving out a path in my chosen career however). I am determined to succeed and have been juggling things pretty well. When I graduate I will have an earning power that is beyond what I previously could conceive of (YAY! I'll be able to buy lots of LP stuff!). My issue is getting through all the male dominated industry crap! I don't really know if I can make use of the "sexy" blends yet as there are NO prospects for me as I'm a single mom and I don't have much time for social encounters of that nature (one can only dreaml!), but I have to say that there seemed to be some serious interest from some of the not-so-young guys at school until they discovered a had a baby. Are there any phero cures for that?! Probably not.

You have a number of my beloveds in there--Vamp Cafe, Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla, Festival of Lights, Empress of Persica, Garland & Lace, Portmanteau, Rocket Fuel, All Hallows' Eve....you must have a foody leaning like I do!

Your story mirrors my mother's a little. I was raised by a single mom, widowed when I was 4, a woman with strength beyone comprehension (which I am not entirely sure she's even aware of). She was also the first woman to make her way into a previously all-male company that is still predominantly male. I have no doubt you're going to set an equally strong example for your daughter. :Hug_emoticon:

Welcome, Moon Bloom!! You picked some great ones to try! I Love Garland & Lace, Rocket Fuel, Liquid Fluorite, LP Original, LP Silver (wearing it today!) and LP Red.

I'm a lover of parentheses, too - I probably over-use them, but I can't help it, lol

Thank you all for the really great welcome.

@ Ravenwing, I read so many good things about Garland and Lace, it had to go on the "I need it now" list. I'll probably know why it's your favourite really soon and I'll probably be asking tons of questions!

@ Invidiana, I DO have a foodie leaning like you do. I have a sweet tooth in general, but I like the smell of vanilla and brown sugar and buttercream and... ooh... I'm getting hungry. I just hope that the LP's agree with my skin. If they do, I'll be in heaven! I do also like other fragrances though. While I'm more fruity/foodie than floral, there are definitely exceptions and I actually really enjoy some spice, incense and patchoulie notes (please excuse me if I sound amateurish writing about this stuff, but I AM an amateur!) :D

Thank you for sharing this about your mom. That's incredible that she manged to overcome the odds and with an unparalleled grief thrown into her life to boot. I hope I set a fantastic example for my daughter. Sometimes it's completely overwhelming, but then it hits me that i have this precious gift and it makes EVERYTHING o.k. Thanks for the encouragement and the hugs. Much appreciated!

@ Molls, I can't wait to smell all of the LP fragrances in the trial kit. Pheros aside, I think a great perfume can morph me into a personality that is not always obviously present in me. I feel differently when I wear a floral than when I wear vanilla, for instance. I'm curious to know how Liquid Flourite works for you (I'm soon going to go and check if there are any posts about it). That's one of the LP's (well Focus Potion in general) that I pray works for me. I do pretty well concentrating on things, but I tend to be a bit of a procrastinator sometimes and I'm hoping Focus Potion will help to spur me on. I was a bit hesistant to order Rocket Fuel 'cause I thought it would be too sexy, but it sounds like it's actually great in a social way too. I guess I'm going to find out. As I've read quite a few times, the only way to know what works for you is to experiment. See ladies, I've been paying attention! Molls, IMO, parentheses are a writer girl's best friend.

@ Raq On, I'm really glad you enjoyed the post. I strive to make what I write readable and informative to some degree (unless I'm just being silly! Happens more often than I like to think about... ^_^ ) Thanks for the toast and the encouragement! I have to say that I've read quite a few of your posts and alot of the questions you had are the same ones I had so, you have filled in a lot of blanks for me (unbeknownst to you!)

@ Lady V and Liz, Thanks so much for the welcome. I know I'll love it here! You guys are great... oh yeah... and the LP's are gonna be great too! I know it!

I have finally figured out the emoticon thing, but I'm keeping my parentheses! Now if only I could figure out how to post images!

Hi Moon Bloom!!

Uh...DO YOU MEAN TO SAY DARLING CLEMENTINE IS SOLD OUT?! I had no idea...and even though I managed to hoard 3 bottles my life is a little darker knowing it is gone....

Other than THAT I also enjoyed your post...I think I was addicted before actually getting my first order also...so much fun stuff to read and savor.

Let us know immediately when you get your package...even if you have to ditch school to do it!!!

missdarlyncherie , I know! Darling Clementine sold out ? What!?! I was disappointed beyond measure (and I don't have a backup stash to drown my sorrows in). I'm new so I don't really know if I'm being idealistic or not, but they will have more right? RIGHT?! This just sounded like one of those potions that had to have some staying power (in the LPMP arsenal that is). I love cake and clementines and wow wouldn't it be great to feel popular! I hope there will be more. I wanted to order a sample, but they were out so, I was actually prepared to order a full bottle without knowing for sure, but they were out too. Oh whoa is me...

I'm gonna have lots of fun here.

Let us know immediately when you get your package...even if you have to ditch school to do it!!!

I will.. ok maybe not the ditching school part, but ASAP! LOL

DARLING CLEMENTINE EMERGENCY!!!!!!!

So Mara insinuated that this one is rebrewable...but she is super busy right now...maybe we can hint around next month? :666:

Also...in another thread Calii said Tea-less Strumpet has a similar cake feel to it but with lemon?

I am going to order a sample of this with my next order and I will let you know ASAP!!!!!!!!

Welcome to your new addiction and to your new homey forum, Moon Bloom! Everyone is sooo kind here, and super wise too, phero and scent wise...and life wise too...

Can't wait for your reviews and I wish you a happy LP sniffing!

Welcome, Moon Bloom! You will find lots of lovely things to get addicted to here! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the great products here! And be sure to ask any questions....we will help out if we can!

DARLING CLEMENTINE EMERGENCY!!!!!!!

So Mara insinuated that this one is rebrewable...but she is super busy right now...maybe we can hint around next month? :666:

miss darlyncherie,

I definitely agree that this is an emergency. I'm all in for hinting to the PM when she's done being extra busy. I'll wait patiently (heh!) for your position on Tea-less Strumpet (I'm a big fan of slightly sweet/tart lemon...and did I mention I like cake?... :lol: ) Will you be ordering soon?

Thank you very much for the welcome everyone.

@JOC, hello there. I think the peach and the coconut mango notes really drew me to try samples of Empress of Persica and Tahitian Temptress. I can't wait to try them on. There was a suntan lotion that my sister used to have a long time ago and it was vaguely fruity with a subtle coconut smell. Hawaiian Tropic, I think, but I've never been able to find it again with that scent. It was devine so, I'm kind of hoping Tahitian Temptress has a bit of that vibe to it.

@ Gabylicious, it is a homey kind of place isn't it and I mean that in a good way. Everyone has been very kind to me so far and it's nice to know that there is so much wisdom here, on all fronts. :) If I'm sniffing LP's (after rummaging through the box of my first ever order), then I think happy is the only way to be!

@Dolly, thanks for the welcome and I agree that I'll probably find lots of things to love here. I'm sure once I try the products, I'll have lots of questions to go with my observations. I guess that just goes with the territory (the more I learn, the more I want to learn!)

:bow: PM saves the day! YAY! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Forget about school! I'm going to be eyeing my computer screen in anticipation of the new releases... (it's not so bad as it sounds really. I don't have any classes on the weekend! Double YAY!)

missdarlyncherie, that's gonna be one quick order! :great: Awesome! Keep me posted...

tyvey, thanks for the recommendation. I don't know how I overlooked LP Sunfire. It sounds too good to be true! I'm thinking that one doesn't come in the sample pack of LP's. Am I right? I didn't see it listed by itself in the sample section. Does that mean it only comes in full bottles?

Edited by Moon Bloom

Sample pack of LPs includes a nice variety of LP varietals in stock at any given time...nothing is particularly excluded, unless it is sold out.

If you are not seeing one in the trial section, it prob means it's sold out in that size. If we have a LOT of bottles but no trials, sometimes John will decant a bottle into trial vials to even everything up.

AAAAACK!!! I'm late to the party yet again. My apologies. :w00t:

:hearts18:Hey there, Moon Bloom! Welcome to the family! :hearts18:

You have happened upon one of the best communities on the face of the planet. You are going to love it here! Have you gotten your order yet??? I'm another Cougar lover...well, that and Shark Whisperer, Garland and Lace, Cuddle Bunny, Rocket Fuel...et cetera. ENJOY!!! :heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

EOSP, thanks so much for the great welcome! You're not late. In fact you're right on time. Your post (with balloons and all) made my day! :) No first order yet, though I keep checking my mailbox for one of those "we have your package at the post office"slips. *Sigh* :waiting: I think I'm going to waste away pining after it...I can't take all this suspense! It is still well within the delivery time frame. I know it shipped out the day after I ordered it, but I live in Canada, so customs is probably what takes so long. :wacko: It's not even really that long... I just gotta have those LP's... :lol:

Edited by Moon Bloom