LACE-d with insecurity?

I've been having some adverse self effects to Lace that past few times I've worn it, more specifically, Girly Twirly. I've noticed that instead of people wanting taking care of me, I want them to take care of me! I feel clingy and insecure when I usually feel comfortable with myself. As an example, when my boyfriend and I went to watch a play, I felt a desperate need to hold on to his arm the whole time and go home to snuggle (which I didn't get). Another time I went to a party with a friend, and I was hypersensitive to what people thought of me and found it hard to mingle. I want to say that lace was the only thing different in these times. Could it be the specific blend of est and a-nol in Lace + Cops? I can handle EST blends like leather, ss4w, heart&soul in passion in pink, PP potion, and the CB in velvet kisses just fine. Could it be the balance of est in the blend? I don't think I'm o'd-ing on it because it's only a sample vial of Girly Twirly and a few on my wrists and behind my neck.

It also makes me wonder about congruence. If I don't respond well to Lace, does it it mean that that's not the vibe/personality I have or that it's amplifying that side of my personality? I initially thought Lace would work for me because I'm pretty girly,more submissive, not as strong of an "alpha female" as my friends.

What are your thoughts ladies?

Sometimes, a blend may just not be for you. Pheros do amplify, for sure. So, it may be that the Lace is just taking that side if you a little bit too far for comfort. I personally cannot do Lace....love the Leather though!

Sounds like me at times when i was pregnant, so i am guessing you are right and it's the Est. Since you are already lace-like in personality maybe adding the lace is just too much for you and takes it to the next level. I like Est best in blends with a stronger vibe like Leather and Audacious. I used to get mad at ,myself for feeling needy when i was pregnant especially because my partner was not particularly extra nurturing when i was. now I know it was the Est!

I agree. I think Lace works so well on me because I am entirely the opposite of a Lace-like personality. Alpha and capable. So when I wear Lace, I get treated like a girl for a change. I don't wear Dominance Potion for that same reason...I do not need to be perceived as being more aggressive or dominant.

Yes I would say it's the ratio of EST in Lace. I'm not normally high-maintenance except that it works with Quince because he prefers to be dominant (even in the most subtle of ways). Otherwise it's not what works for me in my everyday life.

Yes I would say it's the ratio of EST in Lace. I'm not normally high-maintenance except that it works with Quince because he prefers to be dominant (even in the most subtle of ways). Otherwise it's not what works for me in my everyday life.

Have you gotten to try out LFM on him yet?

I agree. I think Lace works so well on me because I am entirely the opposite of a Lace-like personality. Alpha and capable. So when I wear Lace, I get treated like a girl for a change. I don't wear Dominance Potion for that same reason...I do not need to be perceived as being more aggressive or dominant.

hmmmmmm,and hmmmmm some more,I never thought of this in that way,it makes a lot of sense to me! ...I have great results with Lace and enjoy how most men act around me,ummm of course I always wear it with a healthy dose of cops! :)

Have you gotten to try out LFM on him yet?

No I haven't gotten it yet...I'm wondering what scent to use because he loves the foodies on me so anything too chi-chi will probably be a turn-off.

great question MH! Perhaps this is why EST doesn't work with me either, I a more of a girly girl and though I def have a mind of my own, i like to be treated like a girl. I hope this doesn't come across wrong, I mean, my husband is def. the man. Not in a dominant way but more in a strong, protective way. I think EST may bring out the needy in me, I was blaming husband for acting shitty to me when I wore EST blends b/c I thought it amped the "take care of me" vibe, but MAYBE I was amping that vibe and he was picking up on the needy part...

Very interesting indeed.

are you wearing it at different times in your cycle? I know sometimes i get more sensitive to pheros when i am close to my period.

Hmm come to think of it I read in an article a while back that when a female is ovulating she is more likely to become insecure despite that's the time when she's deemed more attractive. I think that I've been wearing it a week or so before my period. Otherwise, I haven't really tested out phero's on my period, but I get tired and get annoyed by people more rather than flagrantly mess with my emotions.

Sounds like me at times when i was pregnant, so i am guessing you are right and it's the Est. Since you are already lace-like in personality maybe adding the lace is just too much for you and takes it to the next level. I like Est best in blends with a stronger vibe like Leather and Audacious. I used to get mad at ,myself for feeling needy when i was pregnant especially because my partner was not particularly extra nurturing when i was. now I know it was the Est!

! That's exactly how I feel! I'm kinda frustrated with myself when I feel this way, and I tell myself, "Enough of that; don't be silly girlfriend." Do you get the same reaction from CB too?

The ratio of EST...Yeah! I guess this might explain why some EST blends I can work with. Is it fair to assume that CB has a smaller ratio of EST than Lace because I've yet to really notice anything when I use velvet kisses (RIP)? Does anyone know where Sexology fairs among the ratios of EST too? I was looking into it, but the self effects from lace have me worried.

I love how everybody is different! I am just the opposite. I am alpha to begin with, and Dominance puts me more in that element. People LOVE me when I wear Dom (and Leather as well). Lace makes me feel totally discombobulated (don't you love that word....LOL)......totally not a good thing. Plus, the high Est blends are so "iffy" with my man.....it can get ugly.

The ratio of EST...Yeah! I guess this might explain why some EST blends I can work with. Is it fair to assume that CB has a smaller ratio of EST than Lace because I've yet to really notice anything when I use velvet kisses (RIP)? Does anyone know where Sexology fairs among the ratios of EST too? I was looking into it, but the self effects from lace have me worried.

If I'm not mistaken, Sexology is all Est with cops.....

Sexology is Est, Cops, Beta-Nol.

Dolly, you and I are around 5-6 inches in height difference I think. It's interesting how a lot of the ladies who work Dominance Potion the best are 5'3" and under. I'm not especially tall, but I can loom if I need to, LOL!

Moonholly - if you've discovered your test was done a week before your period, you must give the blend another chance!, not during the weepy-week!

:Emoticons04284:

:yeahthat: for me too MH... only diff is that I'm less confident than Mara is so the Dom works fantastically for me: -- people *like* me but don't always *respect* me, I think, so it amps the confidence I do have and garners that extra bit of respect -- as long as I don't wear it more than a couple days in a row- then I get the aggressive problem - the increased confidence unleashes all of my supprsesed rage and turns my outgoingness into aggression, fun for all :) IE: everything doesn't work for everyone (not all the time anyway) & that's ok :D

Edited by tyvey

I've found that I've had this same problem with Lace & to a lesser extent, CB, but not while I'm wearing them, and not every time, so I wonder if it is cycle-dependent? For me, the weepiness of weepy-week was intensified the day *after* I wore Lace or CB. Other times in my cycle I've been fine.

No I haven't gotten it yet...I'm wondering what scent to use because he loves the foodies on me so anything too chi-chi will probably be a turn-off.

I can't wait to hear your report :)

Sexology is Est, Cops, Beta-Nol.

Dolly, you and I are around 5-6 inches in height difference I think. It's interesting how a lot of the ladies who work Dominance Potion the best are 5'3" and under. I'm not especially tall, but I can loom if I need to, LOL!

Moonholly - if you've discovered your test was done a week before your period, you must give the blend another chance!, not during the weepy-week!

:Emoticons04284:

My friend and I just had a conversation about how shorter girls have to compensate what they lack in height with attitude. Or else, they get a pat on the head and a "aww, how adorable" shoo.

I will def give it another chance though. Maybe I'll pick up Red Lace, since I have made scent associations with Girly Twirly. It's work trying to mitigate the havoc a period can bring! I feel chained to the cycle sometimes :)

Fab thread ladies :) ...oh yeah it is amazing how different pheros work on different people and in different situations...with my SP,for example we both respond best with Mara's Rocket with BI,which is a-nol,a-None,Est...and cops.A lot to be said for scent association too,just the smell of MRF2 will turn us on,way before the pheros could possibly be in play :001_302:

and Leather,in Glistening Buttons,at least,is a major self-effects turn on for me :cat692:

Yes, I AM the munchkin! 5'1"....and that is very interesting how it works.....if I were tall, though, I would be totally dangerous! LOL

Edited by Dolly

Yes, I AM the munchkin! 5'1"....and that is very interesting how it works.....if I were tall, though, I would be totally dangerous! LOL

Im 5'1" too.

For the most part I like dominant phero mixes,but occasionally they are like caffeine...

I think sometimes I wear the dom mixes because they are like wearing platform (patent leather) shoes :D

I'm 5' 8" so does that mean EST just makes me tall and needy? haha.

Sexology Un does work okay for me and my guy. Haven't used it in awhile b/c there are blends that work better. I just don't how EST affects him, At least I THINK I've narrowed it down to EST, Sexpionage and BANG work great.

Im 5'1" too.

For the most part I like dominant phero mixes,but occasionally they are like caffeine...

I think sometimes I wear the dom mixes because they are like wearing platform (patent leather) shoes :D

I'm 5'2'' on a good hair day!

Fab thread ladies :) ...oh yeah it is amazing how different pheros work on different people and in different situations...with my SP,for example we both respond best with Mara's Rocket with BI,which is a-nol,a-None,Est...and cops.A lot to be said for scent association too,just the smell of MRF2 will turn us on,way before the pheros could possibly be in play :001_302:

and Leather,in Glistening Buttons,at least,is a major self-effects turn on for me :cat692:

glistening buttons is fab. the dom mixes give me a bite that's harder to convery normally. it's a good feeling, to have some nibblage!

I'm 5' 8" so does that mean EST just makes me tall and needy? haha.

got any inches to spare?

glistening buttons is fab. the dom mixes give me a bite that's harder to convery normally. it's a good feeling, to have some nibblage!

*nibblage* :10_small16: ...must remember that one,luv eet!!!

I'm perfectly happy with my 5' 1 1/2" (towers over the munchkins..lol!) and I DO have to mix my normally pleasant to mothering personality with a GOOD dose of fiesty in order to get respect. I think Leather is more my vibe /assist than DOM...so I keep some on hand in CASE the overall good natured me gets overwhelmed.

I've tried the CB again at a lower dosage, I just don't think I'm a CB girl... I don't respect MYSELF w/it on!

I'm 5'2'' on a good hair day!

got any inches to spare?

You know, I hated being tall when I was younger. I like it now, but in heels I'm nearly 6' and it's funny b/c some guys are intimidated by that (if they are shorter than me)

In my 20's I had two different bosses, both short and BOTH with an incredible Napoleon complex. They were total assholes about it, always commenting negatively on my height. So I would always make sure and wear my HIGHEST shoes on days they rode along to my accounts with me.. Pricks!

PS: one had this lumpy, bald head, and I swear I had to resist the urge to "pat" him on it. Sorry Moonholly, I would never treat someone as "awww isn't that cute." just because of their stature, but he was such a dick I wanted to pat that head. No- smack it

I'm 5'7" in sock feet, but of an easygoing disposition. I do have "stage presence" when I want to have it (I used to occasionally have it whether I wanted it or not), but I have found that because I am shy, insecure, and easygoing, that the stronger-image pheros seem to work better for me. I have flatly fallen in love with PP because it does exactly what I want it to do - it says, "STAR!" while also saying, "Nice person!"

Because that's who I want to be. That's who I am inside. And it helps me let that out.

I'm 5'8" and I have always loved being tall.

OMG.... you're 5'8" ??!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm 5'2" and alpha too

if I wear anything w/Lace I feel sweet sexy....flirty (I like that since everyone thinks I'm a bitch), SP would be playful

don't layer w/Dom much, but do wear Sorceress often, if using Dom I feel normal...heh, but SP would be....attentive and pleasing

Est is iffy w/me, but after last summer/fall (od) I'm a bit scared to layer w/it, but for the most part it used to work well on SP

why do I feel like I my post has nothing to do w/this thread :neutral:

HAH...your post has everything to do with this thread!...that is it exactly,Lace makes me feel flirty-er...Lace with cops makes me feel flirty-er and sexy-er :001_302:

I'm right in the middle - I have officially declared myself as 5'5 but I may actually be somewhat shorter now - and I don't use my physicality in a situation but I can hold my own in regards to my demeanor in a social setting if I need/want to. Most of the time I prefer to just blend in so being average height (for a woman) helps with that, I find. My friend Jennifer is very tall - like 5'10, I think - and she's so graceful and poised. I've never wanted to be any taller than I am, but whenever I see tall women they always turn my head.

Do you date tall men Kovvy? Or does it not matter to you? I admit, I am attracted to tall men. I tried a few times dating a guy my height, but when I wore heels, I felt like his mother. OR a couple times they had a problem and didn't want me to wear them

FTS! haha

This way, (husband is 6' 2") I can wear 4" heels and look him in the eye (LOL)

Haha, actually, I've only dated two guys and they've both been quite a bit shorter than me-- at least five inches. It just happened to work out that way. If I were to choose, I think I would prefer tall, but I keep falling for shorties. ;)

It bothered my first boyfriend a little, I think (he was the shorter of the two), but that didn't stop me from wearing big boots every now and again! LOL!

I think it'd be nice to feel 'dainty' every once in a while (though it helps that my guy is strong), and I think we get some weird looks, but I don't really mind.

Dolly, ditto. I do love Lace and it makes men ultra-attentive when around me and women very caring nonetheless I have to be careful when I wear this. I especially avoid usage at work, since it tends to make very ditsy and forgetful. Last time I wore it out to a restaurant, for dinner with a girlfriend, we had male waiters fawning over our table, eyes all over us but at the end of the night I put my girl friend's mobile phone in my bag without realising it and a string of other mishaps, I was pmsing but nonetheless much as this draws the other sex in, I have to watch myself as my brain seems to go in the process! Still when I'm craving attention from my S.O. and don't want the homey feeling of cuddlebunny but want a sexy little playful energetic bunny Lace does work wonders, and definitely eases his mood and can even turn him from being all serious and business-like to light-hearted and caring.

Im 5'1" too.

me too! this post is EXACTLY me, down to the caffeine part :D my friends have compared me to a chihuahua before... :lol: :lol:

this thread has me wondering if height does contribute to the way a person's personality is? when i think about it, most of my tall female friends are very girly, "EST-ish", prefer very dominant men, etc. and most of my short friends are very dominant - and my average height friends are a much more varied bunch! iiiiinteresting.

this thread has me wondering if height does contribute to the way a person's personality is? when i think about it, most of my tall female friends are very girly, "EST-ish", prefer very dominant men, etc. and most of my short friends are very dominant - and my average height friends are a much more varied bunch! iiiiinteresting.

This is also what I experienced. Short females are often quite dominant and hence a Dominance Potion etc. would suit them better. As for me, I'm tall and I'm not at all of the dominant kind, but I pefer dominant males. When I wear phero-mixes with androstenone, I have the impression to be more agressive and I get easily into arguments with other people. If I wear Lace, everything goes smooth and in a friendly way. So, I would recommend Lace or other mixes with EST for tall ladies. Anyway, it's just my personal opinion due to my experience, but may be other ladies might have different experiences (regarding the connection between height and suitable pheros) and different skin chemistries may also play an important part.

I am 5'8" and while I am very laid back I am definitely dominant. Est doesn't do a whole lot for me in general. I have to wear a lot of it and then in a certain kind of blend for it to hit well. I have tried mega doses of it as a single molecule. I do well with dominant mixes. Or more complex feminine blends. La Femme is good for me, Cougar, Dom, Leather.

This is also what I experienced. Short females are often quite dominant and hence a Dominance Potion etc. would suit them better. As for me, I'm tall and I'm not at all of the dominant kind, but I pefer dominant males. When I wear phero-mixes with androstenone, I have the impression to be more agressive and I get easily into arguments with other people. If I wear Lace, everything goes smooth and in a friendly way. So, I would recommend Lace or other mixes with EST for tall ladies. Anyway, it's just my personal opinion due to my experience, but may be other ladies might have different experiences (regarding the connection between height and suitable pheros) and different skin chemistries may also play an important part.

Me too, I like dominant men. I don't know if dominant is what I mean though. Do you mean dominant Like a man's man? or dominant meaning I'm the boss? I feel like my hub is a dominant man, but that our relationship is more of a partnership. Maybe I'm confusing dominant with domineering haha! If you ask him, he'd tell you that his wife is the boss. Anyway, I do think that in my life I have had to sort of give a friendly vibe since I am usually the tallest chick in the room. Right away they think I'll be bossy. I have a very focused manner and can come across as intense I guess. I just don't like wasting time with bullshit, and like to get it all out on the table and cut to the heart of the matter. So maybe that comes across as dominant? I am also very direct and forthright which over the years I have found can rub some women the wrong way. Soo I've learned to temper it with tact and self deprecating humor.

That made me think of something else: Does EST help temper this sort of dynamic with females? (the thing about being direct and other women mistaking it for bitchiness)