wet: floral...spicy?

but delicate-ish and at the same time "green" ?!! uh oh headache :(

after about 10-15 mins: light, VERY feminine, pretty

need to try this again

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLUE LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

BAMBOO ~ Fertility, wisdom, feminine energy. Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes.

WHITE WILLOW ~ Feminine energy, inspiration, fertility.

MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

Curious - I wonder what gives it a spicy note...

Hmmm.. have we ever had a blend with 'White Willow' before? That seems new to my eye...

I believe it was in another blend but I can't remember which one. but I remember it because of the "girl power" aspect, heh.

Wet, the florals are definitely the strongest-- and very strong! It's kind of a cool and watery scent, too.

On drydown, it's a soft, sweet, silky scent. Much more subtle, not as much floweriness, but lovely and feminine.

Hmmm.. have we ever had a blend with 'White Willow' before? That seems new to my eye...

Okay now I remember, it was in Port Jolie.

I just received my 20 bottles and the wooden bottle rack. I am in heaven. I had a hard time deciding which potion to try out first. After sniffing each and everyone one numerous times I decided to give Goddess of the Blue Moon a try I am so glad I did. This potion is intoxicating and mysterious. The Blue Lotus is the most dominate scent for me with the white willow coming next. The fragrance of the Blue Lotus makes me feel like I’m being transported to another time and place. There are many mystiques surrounding the Blue Lotus also. It’s the flower that opens as the sun rises and closes at sunset. Symbolizing rebirth and resurrection. How cool is that. The Goddess of the Blue Moon is my favorite so far. Also since I’m out of my precious Lady Luck I think this potion will do the trick. The amber, bamboo and moss all have luck as one of their magical meanings. I’m giving this potion 5 thumbs up. :LuvU396::Emoticons04235:

Edited by Countesszero

I sprayed 2 shots of LFM before I left for work and thought I'd layer at work, and I did.....w/Goddess of the Blue Moon (oops!)

but not really cuz cute new atty I've had my eye on, came to my desk and started talking to me and then volunteered to chg the month on my calendar (he had to get on his knees, ON MY DESK * pants and swoons gets all goo goo eyed*) :love-you:

and his cute butt was there, at perfect height for pinching, but relax.....I DIDN'T !! :rolleyes:

He stopped by my desk quite a bit today (not work related, I won't be work'g w/him til May)

I think we were flirting, haven't done that in a while, wasn't sure I remembered how to. :sleazy:

I have a feeling that I'm going to love this one too because I found that I'm a sucker for lotus. Grabbing a sample soon, but I'm planning on ordering a full bottle of this next month. I'm thinking about adding some cops to this when I do. For those of you who have tested this, what are your thoughts on doing that? Is it too light of a scent that would need major dry down time?

think we were flirting, haven't done that in a while, wasn't sure I remembered how to.

Yeah I was gonna say, not buying it, Mistress Liz! :P

Not with your phone sex voice and alluring exterior!

Oh MY! I am LOVING this one! I don't think I can call it 'aquatic'. I *do* think it's elegant, but NOT stuffy. Not a snooty scent, but feminine and mysterious! There's a cool blue feel at the start, yes. After it mellows on my skin it's spicier, but soft still. I'm at a loss on descriptives but I am VERY much a fan!

Bet he finds a way to see you way before May...just sayin :P

...forget how to flirt? HAH,never happen,you are a natural :abfx:

he came in today for a 1/2 day, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! he said Good Morning Liz w/a nice smile and my partner in crime at work says hmmm...special Good Morning huh ? he didn't say GM to anyone else !

later on the office chipped in to get MEGA MILLIONS lottery (530 MIL !!!) and he stops at my desk and says if we win we'd have a ball ! me: aaahah...d'oh.

I know you guys won't believe this but I AM SHY especially around men, my knees shake uncontrollably, I BLUSH and say DUMB things, REALLY !

Yeah I was gonna say, not buying it, Mistress Liz! :P

Not with your phone sex voice and alluring exterior!

hey.....my voice ? you heard my 1-900 ads ? :lol:

w/SP it was yrs of trust, but sadly mostly alcohol :drunk:

:) ummmm,Liz, if you are like me it is usually only with the ones you are really attracted to!

I wrote about this is the daily thread, needs to be here... the final dry down was one you want to keep huffing :)on !

"...ok so while this is not a Calii scent it is elegant and mysterious,wow what a Perfect one for La Femm M... no one does this like Mara :hearts09793: self effects are very uplifting"

I have a feeling that I'm going to love this one too because I found that I'm a sucker for lotus. Grabbing a sample soon, but I'm planning on ordering a full bottle of this next month. I'm thinking about adding some cops to this when I do. For those of you who have tested this, what are your thoughts on doing that? Is it too light of a scent that would need major dry down time?

Not sure if it really needs a cops kick, but yes you would need a 10-15 minute dry down period, maybe 20 as this scent is subtle in nature.

The smell of this potion is beautful, it is elegant & it is feminine in a clean way. This could be worn to the office or around family. Personally, I found it to be intoxicating & practically had my arm glued to nose as it dried to see if it would change. It did & I liked it :)

Due to a chemical sensitivity I seem to have a problem with one or two of the most popular ingredients put in aquatics these days, so it gives me a headache. Despite that, it's still a really good scent, but unfortunately not for me.

On a somewhat different note I thought it was amusing one of the shy and timid neighborhood cats suddenly took a liking to me and wanted my attention while I was walking home.

I might get a bottle of Le Femme Mystere in the full unscented bottle eventually to see what else it might do for me, pair it with a foodie scent, that kind of thing.

I'm not so keen on this while wet, it's doing that bathroom cleaner/air freshener thing on me, but dried down I like it a lot. Unfortunately I can't describe it :stars188: but it's good. Phero-wise, not been in any situation to test this out unfortunately!

I told myself NOT TO BE INFLUENCED by the fact that this contains one of my favorite pheros of all time or the beautiful blue cat label. Or Countesszero's review because I thought that was beautiful.

I don't think that I am. I think I really like this scent. I am going to wear it a few more times to make sure because it is definitely very different from anything I have or usually wear.

It is drying down even better as I am wearing it. Soft, feminine and grown up lady (which I normally hate but this is good)

The white musk is NOT PIERCING MY NOSE as it normally does.

There is something really different in here that I love but can't figure out what it is...not familiar with the willow so...maybe that?

Who knows but this is pretty and seductive and I'm sure will turn into a full bottle by next month.

eta: You really cannot stop smelling this once you have it on. Like Beccah said...intoxicating and unable to get arm off of nose.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 2 weeks later...

I've tested this once, while i'm not ready to fully review it, Goddess of the Blue Moon has stolen my heart since the label went up. I want to test it out in a situation where I can really think about it, and with allergy season, I haven't had the nose for it so far. First impression is that it reminds me of NYMPH! which is one of the first scents that I was interested in when i joined LP. It's much more mysterious than fresh nymph. The night I dabbed a bit of this on resulted in a good time high for me that night. I loved it, and apparently everyone at the party did too. Goddess of the Blue Moon caused a scentsation where everyone continually made a fuss about great I smelled. no complaints here :)

Quickie review: I only have a little swipe on my arm, along with 4 other scents spread across both arms (I got my order and have NO self control :) ). First sniff it was all gentle lotus. Then the other ingredients started showing up, and I have slightly spicy, slightly ambery, more complicated lotus. This is lovely! When I try it all on its own I'll come back and do a proper review. Right now, though, I'm predicting this to be a total win for me! :wub:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Just testing this out... it's so different! Fresh, watery, crisp... definitely something in there with a bite. I like it though. Not sure if it's a bottle for me, but I plan to enjoy my sample!

Wore this out last night, since I have the roller ball bottle I slathered, neck cleavage, long drag down lower arms, back of hands, bit in my hair and sptized a bit of something alcohol based on some bit to really get it out there :D

I was out with three guys, all friends to a greater or lesser degree, ended up having a good night, with one friend bowing out early leaving me with two men on my hands. The one I know better (guy a) tells me when his friend(guy b )goes to the toilet, how guy b is smitten with me and tries to set us up, then later says he knows how guy b is smitten with me, and that he (guy a) is leaving our city, and guy b will be around but that he personally finds me really attractive also, told me how great I looked about a million times, better than ever, guy b and I chat really nicely, never having had much of a big conversation before, and we're all jammed on this big settee, every time I go to the toilet, they scooch to each side so I'm squashed in the middle, an admirer on each side.

I might wear MORE of this, more often! :heart0974:

edit to change smilies where they shouldn't be!

Edited by cinnamonmel

Just testing this out... it's so different! Fresh, watery, crisp... definitely something in there with a bite. I like it though. Not sure if it's a bottle for me, but I plan to enjoy my sample!

exactly my feelings! not really my 'thing' as scents go but i did enjoy my sample much & it somehow disappeared much faster than i thought!!

I got my full bottle & I love the silver cap! Actually all three bottles from this collection look so fancy next to the rest of my bottles with their silver caps. This one definitely makes me want to go into hoard mode!

'Kayso, I've worn this a couple more times, all on its own. I LIKE IT! I like the phero and I like the scent. On wearing by itself, the scent reads more quiet, understated, and yet persistent lotus. Sort of watery and etherial, but it stays with me. It's relaxing and pleasant. The phero reminds me that I *AM* La Femme Mystere, and people react that way to me. They're...intrigued, and they enjoy hanging around and talking. Mr. Matt touches me every time we cross paths when I wear this. Cracks me up. He also tends to settle in and converse, or just sit with me. It's like the phero puts out a fascination-beacon to people, and they react within the parameters of our relationship. :heart:

I've been thinking about getting this one as it sounds like a great carrier for La Femme Mystere, but I'm just not sure the scent will work on me... how strong is the musk? Does the lotus in it give it an "aquatic" smell?

You better get a sample Synergist, I think it is hard to explain. It didn't smell too musky to me but I am not too good at picking out particular notes.

And it changes every time I try it! Last time I wore it it was very Lotus-y. It is pretty light though...so it won't be intrusive at all. I can't imagine there is anything in there to really dislike.

If you don't want to wait for sample and then bottle...go for a bottle and if it doesn't work you can always throw it on the trade thread. The phero ones are usually fairly easy to sell or trade I've noticed.

The phero is one of my favorites for sure.

I've been thinking about getting this one as it sounds like a great carrier for La Femme Mystere, but I'm just not sure the scent will work on me... how strong is the musk? Does the lotus in it give it an "aquatic" smell?

I don't personally find it to be an aquatic kind of scent in the way they often tend to be, harsh and unisex and often a bit cleaning product. I'm so wary of things that say aquatic but this is lovely. The phero is cool too.

I don't personally find it to be an aquatic kind of scent in the way they often tend to be, harsh and unisex and often a bit cleaning product. I'm so wary of things that say aquatic but this is lovely. The phero is cool too.

It's really hard to explain this scent. It even pairs well over Love Drawing!

Synergist, with my particular skin chemistry, I don't get much musk in this one. The lotus is the star for me, and it's aquatic in a freshwater way...and a truer way, really. More like standing next to a pond...or sitting by the creek up here on the mountain. It's sweet--but it's an understated sweet--and fresh and quiet. And the LFM phero is aaaallll good! I'm going to have to try layering it like Beccah does. :heart:

It's really hard to explain this scent. It even pairs well over Love Drawing!

So glad you said this and I'm not just becoming some kind of olfactory dumbhead incapable of smelling or verbalising properly. I'd say 'blue' suits it really well though. I just can't pick out notes in this bar, well, no, I just can't, and I did just dab some on especially to try again!

Ok, I'm definitely intrigued enough to try it now with my next order! It sounds like even if I don't like the smell that much on its own it is light enough to be blended with something else, so maybe a full bottle is in order. How sad, my last order hasn't even arrived yet and I'm already planning out the next one!!

I recently ordered a ton of samples and out of all of them, this is one of my favorites. I realized, sadly, that the sugary, honey, amber and vanilla mixes don't seem to suit me as well as the lighter, crisp, floral, aquatic scents. I wore this first and LOVED how it transformed with time after mixing with the heat from my skin -- funny enough, I was "saving" The Detective and the Dame for the next day (a similarly floral scent) but was disappointed at how harsh and headache-inducing it was for others around me! I still love both, especially as Dame makes me feel more feminine (instead of clean). I just wish Goddess had longer staying power on me...

Oooh this one is really pretty. The cool, light blue-ness of it is perfect for warm weather! I got mostly lotus at first, but then it turned into this lovely sweet, powdery musk-amber-lotus combo that was so light and pretty! It's a lot like a fresh-from-the-shower scent for me, or like a light shampoo-ish scent. Cool, sweet water. Definitely a winner!

• 4 weeks later...

Boo!!! I want to love this one so badly, but there is something in it that pokes me right in the third eye and gives me a whopper of a headache! :( I'm so sad! The scent is so pretty and ladylike, I'm *dying* to try the phero - because who doesn't want to be a mysterious woman? - and the cat & crazy-eyed owl on the label keep calling my name... argh!

I will try it again, as I'm tired today, and hopeful that it's just fatigue that's contributing to the stabbing headache I got when I put this on. But I don't think it is. I had a bath and washed this off, and the pain is gone.

Now, I am not at all adverse to chowing down on a little Advil in order to wear a pretty-but-headache inducing scent, so perhaps when I'm not quite so tired this will be an 'Advil-manageable' scent, like Far, Far Away. I hope so!