Goddess of the Blue Moon (w/LFM)

I just received this as a sample but something in this does agree with my chemistry as I got a very bad headache last night when I put it on. The scent did not work well with my chemistry and on me smelled like a boys locker room, I'm so bummed as this is one that all of the notes are those that I love... I will try this on again in a few days and I'm hopeful that maybe my chemistry will play better with this one....

UPDATE: I went out last night and my girl-friend put this sample on and holy moly, does this ever work. We out to eat at a restaurant that our group of friends always goes to... We pretty much know everyone at this restaurant and tonight while Ell is wearing this two bus boys stop over and ask her about a dozen times if she needs anything, completely ignoring me.... Then as the night continues a man sitting at a table across from us starts staring at her and then when his friends get up to leave, he makes an excuse to go back to the table all the while staring at my friend Ell....

Then our college friends stop up and they are all chatty with Ell, our friend is painfully shy and all of our friends are commenting all night stating how talkative she is, man this brought out confidence in my friend that I have never seen before, love the reaction she got....

Ok so now my friend is like you need to purchase this for me ASAP.

Edited by dolphindolls2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my friend who is in love with the sample of this I gave her, calls me today to tell me all the guys at her work went nuts as soon as she walks in the door of her office, people who never usually speak to her were all over her today, dang I wish this one worked with my chemistry.... However I am so happy for my friend who just loves how this one works....I converted a future LP'er....

• 3 weeks later...

OMG this is giving me the most horrible headache right now and I only put on 2 swipes of the small trial vial wand cap onto my wrists.

I was wanting to try out LFM for work, and wanted to see how "work friendly" the scent would be, but WHOO. headache. I didn't even think I was tired or anything. It's almost like my nose feels hyper-sensitive to the lotus scent and is making me feel ill. either that or my skin is REALLY amping up the lotus and making me nauseous.

Really too bad, it sounds like the scent should have been very pretty and light. Funny thing is I tried a blue lotus scent from another company before and liked it.. but this one is making me feel ill for some reason... I am going to take a wild guess it might be the LFM????

Or is it the scent? I really want to try out the unscented LFM. =\ But at the same time I don't want to risk getting a bottle not knowing if it's LFM or the scent that is giving me this headache.

I should have added, I'm pretty sensitive to floral and water scents, with exceptions such as florals w/sweet things like vanilla and related blends. This isn't without some exceptions, one of their creativity potions has florals but I can use, though it's not something I would wear on a regular basis.

I am now starting to wonder if signs of chemical sensitivity might start in the beginning as problems with florals and water and clean types of fragrances before it gets worse-but this is only an uneducated guess, and YMMV.

Anyway, personally I've had no problems with their foodie, spicy, and resiny scents, though I've yet to try out their musks (I think). I also do recommend getting samples first for awhile (if you haven't already) so you can have a good idea what types of fragrances are 'safe' for you, something I learned through trial and error through other indie perfume companies. Perfume oils that have a fragrance I don't care for are for ritual only now.

The funny thing is I LOVE watery & floral scents. I thought Goddess of the Blue Moon wuld be right up my alley, but there's just something about it that gave me that reaction. :( And TBH I have NEVER had a reaction to a fragrance like I did with GotBM...I'm usually okay with everything.

(I find SWS makes me much more short tempered and bitchy maybe, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I tried this I didn't like it at all and got a headache. Right now it's TOTM and I'm liking the scent and the lift I'm getting from the phero. I started with a headache before applying anything and it's mostly gone. The lotus is coming through strongly, and some greenness, maybe from the mosses. Maybe it's a cyclically-dependent phero for me.

About an hour later, the lotus is stil going strong but the mosses have gone flat and sour, as they usually do on my skin.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 4 months later...

I know..my nose did not like it on first sniff....but after a few times of testing it, the smell becomes familiar and now Its one of my favorites :)

. Okay ladies here we go , first I promised my self if goddess of blue moon works for me I will give it a feed back that it deserves , First my advice it that don't just sit and look at the reviews getting disappointed wondering if it really works you won't know until you try it .Second thumbs up just to who ever came up with the mixture .Now last night put some on when I was going to see my sugar papi I just gave him a hug and he is went crazy started kissing like never before ,me holding tight sniffing my neck and behind the ears. Mostly we hug kiss on the cheek talk then do fun things together after but he wanted it right away in the car before we went to his place apologising cause he couldn't control him self and I had a evil smile in the back of my mind saying now you are under my spell ha ha ha no kidding he didn't want to let me go ,he started planning what he will buy for me pampered me . He didn't want me away from his sight for a second told me how beautiful I looked etc i was laughing my ass off cause of the way he was acting around me he loves the way it smells .Trust me this guy is good looking and women including my bestfriend cook and buy him stuff but he turns women down has a very body strong arms really good to cuddle with Infact part from the financial help I get from him love to cuddle with him n do ummm but I liked him the first time saw him I couldn't take my eyes off him I told a co worker who worked there before I came along that I had a crush on the him to my surprise she confessed that she did everything to get him but he turned her down and she laughed and wished me good luck , I took her wishes as a challenge , the way I got him the trick was simple I played hard to get to didn't throw my self at him like the other women did the other thing was my big fun bags that guys at work talked about that picked his interest and gave him the challenge he needed just happens to like feisty women which am , ha ha the first Qns I ask a guy is, you want me then you got to take care of my needs otherwise I show them door well am high maintenance you can't blame me for that Lmao I finally got a the secret weapon to keep him coming back to me I feel sorry for the poor other guys that would fall a victim of goddess of the blue moon it better make my bank account rolling as for me it gets me in a very happy mood. apply a little on my neck before I get to bed actually kinda addicted to the smell love it He was always good to me tho . People were friendly cause It gets in a happy mood to make them comfortable , Goddess of the blue moon for ever. I have it in oil . All I can say it's all I need to keep him hooked cause am sure he will never forget the smell cause of me ha ha and if in future he smells it am sure he will remember me .wow wow wow. my order took 11days to canada . So ladies you won't know if works for you until you try. cheers Edited by Ladybird

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been reading back on my thoughts on this scent and realised how much my perception has changed over the last few months. This smell is DIVINE. At first I was very meh about it, probably because it smells just ok in the bottle, but boy has it grown on me. It is just beautiful after a few minutes on my skin. Almost every single time I wear this I get complimented on how good I smell. I've now used up my two samples and most of a spray bottle and just ordered another bottle, and it is one I consistently reach for when I want to know I'll get good results without having to try. This blend is win.

• 1 month later...

I got this scent as one of my samples, and after reading how many got headaches from it, I was a little skittish about trying it. I'm a girl who loves the vanilla and foody scents; however, I LOVE THIS ONE. After it dries down on me, I can still smell a little of the lotus but it's mainly a musky vanilla that ends up showing through. I love this!! This may end up being an FB for me before too long.

And, my Supervisor seemed to like it. After, being my Supervisor (HAHA), he turned towards me and just kept me there to talk. I think I'm confusing the poor boy. I tested the waters with him today...got turned down but, I still see a glimpse of hope with him. He either really likes me or just the pheros. LOL!!

Oh my goodness....

I HATE any flowery smells besides tuberose, and I ABSOLUTELY ABHOR all aquatic/ozonic scents because all they smell like are harsh chemicals, but....

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the scent in this!! I never smelled blue lotus before, but if the "watery floral" in the top note is what it is, It is gorgeous!

This flower is sharp and peppery, with only the slightest trace of flowery sweetness. The aquatic smell seems to be a part of the flower itself!

My only only wish is that the top note lasted much much longer! it settles down completely in about an hour and a half, and I'm left with a whispy, powdery (almost sugary) musk.

overall A+ scent.

I still have my sample vial. I didn't wear it often because I have too many perfumes. The scent of this perfume is quite aquatic, must be the blue lotus and the blue musk. Now, after some time of aging, the mosses are coming out nicely. It's a beautiful, light scent and it blends well with LFM. I think now I'll wear it more often.

I picked this up off my "to try" pile. Wet it was quite huge, massive throw, pretty overwhelming even though I had barely put on a pencil eraser head diameter sized dab. Exceedingly pretty and feminine though-- I kept thinking "boy is this not me, but I like it :D"

and then I got on a train :D dudes on either side of me, on a bench seat, all 3 of us facing the same direction. both were futzing with their phones . Until the LFM hit them that is! both suddenly looked up from their phones, sat up straight and started acting super self conscious. One was grooming himself , & the other kept turning his head juuuuust far enough to be able to look at me with his eyes turned as far as he could toward my side, both perceptibly leaned in toward me too like a trash compactor. LOL!! I had forgotten that this disinhibits people about personal space.

It's made everyone I've run across, *super* chatty and helpful too. All strangers, so it's hard to tell if that's normal for them, and I think some of it is the relaxed, confident, happy vibe I'm putting out myself.... but on the whole, people where im visiting are NOT that way AT ALL, so I am giving at least 75% of the credit to dear ol LFM:)

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...

Just had to come back and mention how much I love this blend. I get great self effects from this phero, but it never even occurs to me to try it in UN. To me, this scent IS LaFemme Mystere itself. I can't imagine any other scent with this phero.

That being said, what this blend does fr myself is amazing. It makes me feel consciously elegant, like I'm more attentive to small details like "sit up straight" or "don't cross your legs like a man" and such. It makes me hold my head high and make eye contact with people, and in turn that affects other people's image of me.

Just had to come back and mention how much I love this blend. I get great self effects from this phero, but it never even occurs to me to try it in UN. To me, this scent IS LaFemme Mystere itself. I can't imagine any other scent with this phero.

That being said, what this blend does fr myself is amazing. It makes me feel consciously elegant, like I'm more attentive to small details like "sit up straight" or "don't cross your legs like a man" and such. It makes me hold my head high and make eye contact with people, and in turn that affects other people's image of me.

I have had more "hits" from GOBM than any other. The selfies are great too. Seriously a magic combo. I have LFM Un and it's nice but that phero/scent in GOBM really made me a believer. :-)

Edited by StacyK

This is very aquatic on me, more than I expected, actually. It has a clean finish which puts me in mind of Cuddle Bunny, but what surprises me is that I don't really get any floral at all.

Please please please make this again...lol

I can't even open the two sealed bottles.

Here's my strategy when it comes to hoarding like that: use one bottle as you wish and enjoy it! Then use the other bottle sparingly and make it last as long as possible. I've done that with more than a few scents over the past five years or so,

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows a scent similar to this that is still for sale, that I can mix with un LFM?

GOBM was so fresh, clean and sophisticated I can't think of any other perfume to complement (and compliment) with an also sophisticated and complex mix like LFM...

Edited by Akelah

Does anybody know what makes up the soft, beautiful drydown in this? I love all parts of this scent, but sometimes I wish I could wear JUST the drydown, especially after showering.

I'm guessing that the nubian/white musk combo makes a good portion of it, since I like it better than white musk by itself. Also vanilla...maybe?

Not sure. Does anybody know of a scent that smells similar to just the drydown?

It is nice on dry down and lasts...

I think the specific Lotus used plays big a roll too. I do not know of any other scent.. similar .. it would be mine if I did.

;-)

• 3 years later...

I tested La Femme Mystere in Goddess of the Blue Moon in August of 2013. The weather was in the high 80s to 90s. The fragrance was very light, powdery, musky, and yet sweet. It was very well blended. I usually wore the oil dabbed on my hands, wrists, neck, and cleavage. Its staying power was about 12 hours long and its throw was about 6 or 7 feet away.

I did not get any self effects with this, but there were many hits with others. I feel that this phero gives me a feminine yet competent vibe. I see this as a social, but I think it could be used as a work phero if you want something that is softer than Swimming With Sharks.

Women of all ages generally were agreeable. The hits from men were very subtle, but there. Most men ranging from 20s to 60s would smile and acknowledge me or attempt small talk as I entered their space. Men would hold doors open for me, they were very friendly, but there was definitely an air of respect that was present at all times.

My most notable hits with this phero was a 30ish man who ran after me in the rain to get my phone number. The whole exchange was so awkward and odd and was the first and only time a guy asked for my phone number. I also has a young woman about 20ish who has previously been rude to me suddenly start calling me baby & sugar and fawning over me.

This is definitely a phero that I would use for work situations because it is feminine, softens others towards you, and yet is respectful and conveys competence at the same time.