A Lick of Cream

LadyVictoria

AD-LickCream_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCats_

A Lick of Cream

A purr-fectly rich and decadent vanilla fragrance – long a favorite scent of our beloved customers – fluffy clouds of buttercream, meringue, crème brulee and custard accords made additionally delicious with buttery vanilla, maple, caramel, coconut cream and a pinch of cardamom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
MERINGUE/EGG ~ A representation of the world or the womb. Fertility, nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity. Note: Fans of our Dolce Far Niente and Sugared Cream perfumes will love this one with a passion!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tested this out yesterday and immediately got a milky creamy yummy sweet delicious aroma.
My skin has been freaking out a bit lately, so I was excited that this was sweet and foody.
As it was drying down it got a bit weird, must have been the flavors melding in, then it turned into this nice tang. Almost like Kanary Kreme but a tiny bit sweeter. It really did remind me of Kanary Kreme.
I'll have to retest in a week to see how it develops further and if any of the other notes come out, but so far I love the creaminess of it and the milky start.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE this one. I slathered my pillow with it on Friday, good for having nice creamy dreams. ;P I hoarded a couple of bottles for myself....the unusual spice combo over the creamy-ness is what does it for me.

I had really high hopes for this one. Sometimes when there are ingredients I love (vanilla, buttercream) i just try to ignore the ones that I am not crazy about (maple, caramel). Sometimes this works, okay not often but I always wish for the best. Sooo, in the vial all I get is maple and vanilla. Right after I put it on I smell the most amazing rich buttery vanilla buttercream and a touch of coconut. Alas after 5 minutes the caramel and maple really start amping and that's what i am left with. Creamy mapley caramel. This will be a huge success because so many of you love those notes. But not me :(

I hope I amp the maple and NOT the vanilla. I love vanilla, but the two scent I have with vanilla in them turn plasticky on me. Sorry this didn't work out for you Halo. I wish we could borrow each other's chemistry,

First impressions,and I will be back,when I have better sense to not try on so many of the new ones at once :lol: ...this is Dolce Far Niente licked by the Tea-Less Strumpet... Beautiful! :cat692:

Mmmm, this one is purrfect on my skin. I do get the spices, I do get the vanilla/creamy and it's a lovely, soft, lickable, easy to wear scent - YAY!

ETA: I was told I smell like cookies. Something along the lines of a snickerdoodle or wedding cookie. Hmm. :) I assume that's nommy.

My package came in last night! WOOOOOOOT! This morning, A Lick of Cream. OMG it smells so much like my mom's fresh-coconut cake it's unreal! With all the butter and cream and coconut and coconut milk, and a *touch* of spice to make it ZING! Nomnomnomnom! I didn't apply enough so I have to go apply some more... *EG*

ETA: I was told I smell like cookies. Something along the lines of a snickerdoodle or wedding cookie. Hmm. :) I assume that's nommy.

I hope hope hope it smells like this on me. I love to smell like cookies or cake. Scared it will make me hungry for that though

I think the cardamom helps the dairy notes from going sour on me; I like it better in the vial...mmm deliciously buttery vanilla-maple-caramel! But it stays creamy and rich even though the spice is amped on my skin. I could see wearing this in fall/winter.

oh no! i ordered this one and Darling always says i smell like cookies when i got a sweet and spicy scent on. oh well everyone likes a cookie

Ravenwing, I didn't find it overly sweet, or very spicy. It's just a smidgen of each, with coconut and cream and vanilla. Just enough sugar and spice to make the other scents POP. You know, like a dusting of nutmeg on your cappucino.

Katz, I was told I smelled like candy! This is like the thickest richest downright fattiest creme brulee with eleventythousand types of vanilla-infused cream given some stickiness by the maple, which reminded me of those Russel Stover maple creams that I love so much sans the chocolate, an exotic flourish with coconut and a pinch of cardamom. The cardamom doesn't amp to hell on me, just gives it a bit of warmth and kick. This is rich and smooth and fabulous. Reminds me a bit of Captivation Equation, actually.

In the vial, the fattiness in this came off to me similarly to fleur cremeuse. But totally different wet/on. For a moment I too thought "captivation equation!" it's settling down into a garland and lace-ish thick noggy goodness.

Creamy, vanilla-ish, sweet and fluffy, with a slight tang of lemon and cardamom. I was hoping for more of a creme brulee type scent, but this is more of a... panna cotta scent. Creamy, smooth, lucious and refreshing rather than cloying. I'm thinking that it's the faint fluff of coconut that does it. It's sweet, and definately a dessert-type scent, but it's not a hugely sugary scent. The maple plays nicey and doesn't over-power the more delicate notes. It's a cooler, more sophisticated scent than Dolce Far Niente, which is a warm, snuggly, casual kind of perfume to me. Lick of Cream is more of a lady-like scent than a cuddling by the fire scent. I like it a whole lot!

with a slight tang of lemon and cardamom.

Interesting that someone else got the lemon too...LOL,I feel better...this is my third time wearing this,no lemon now but everything else,rich rich vanilla fluffed,lightly spiced...cream :cat692:

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't smell like Kanary Kreme to me but it smells creamy and....like chocolate? Can that be right? and I smell a bit of earth or dirt. (goes to check ingredients)

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

MERINGUE/EGG ~ A representation of the world or the womb. Fertility, nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.

CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.

CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

Okay, maybe it's the egg? I think the cardamom is amping to my nose too. Me and cardamom don't get along. I hope when I wear it for awhile all the other lovely ingredients amp out the cardamom ad the dirt smell. I like these labels, They are glossier and seem sturdier, more resistant to spills,

today I get no cardamom but also not much staying power, I have to slather this one to be able to smell it, but I like it. More cake than spice which is good, because I am starting to become one dimensional in my quest for THE perfect spice scent. (I mean, LP Red is hard to top)

I have to keep up with wearing this though to make sure the cardamom doesn't haunt me.