A Lick of Cream

LadyVictoria

This isn't a tropical scent, though, the coconut is there to lend more depth to the other notes in regards to the overall creamy quality of the fragrance, like that "Twinkie filling" note Mara's used in Kanary Kremes and Sugared Cream and Sweet Tooth.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a tropical scent, though, the coconut is there to lend more depth to the other notes in regards to the overall creamy quality of the fragrance, like that "Twinkie filling" note Mara's used in Kanary Kremes and Sugared Cream and Sweet Tooth.

Hence my use of the little and/or abbreviation in tropical/('and/or')coconut... To my knowledge, my skin doesn't discriminate on the basis of semantics or scent classifications but most definitely more on the basis of notes.... (haha! Just imagined having the most reasonable of interactions with my skin: "But, dear and sweet skin who has served me so well in protecting and surrounding my innards, after all this *isn't* a tropical scent; it's a creamy scent! So, let your coconutty freak flag fly high and free!". I'm all for that! Just might work! Goodness knows I've said far less reasonable things to various parts of my self on multiple other occasions :)

I definitely love the scent of coconut and am always seeking the holy coconut grail .... Whether tropical in full blend construction or merely coconut cream matters not.... May just be that AZee is the closest I will come to the coconut holy grail for my skin.... May be that the creamy coconut note in LofC will bring me even closer to that sought after holy grail...all scent categories and verbal distinctions aside, I'm going to keep looking for it!

Ah okay; I do appreciate a sweeter coconut scent myself (like in Coconut Breeze, for example) because many times coconut will go dark and husky on me. But for me, Lick of Cream is just a really thick rich vanilla scent with a touch of spice.

Thanks ladies! This might just smell delicious then. I have a strong aversion to coconut, simply because it reminds me of cheap synthetic suntan lotions and loud tourists...no offense to other tourists, but sometimes it's only the worst that leave a lasting impression...

I guess scent memory works against you sometimes. :::: (

I do love this too. I'm pretty sure I did a review b/c at one time I wore this a lot. Still do. I just have a larger LP stock now.

I was thinking if getting one boosted with a Phero. Maybe Gotcha or CB. Those of you who have boosted scents with pheros , do you think it could handle it?

• 6 months later...

I wore this solo today - well, I phero'd, but I didn't layer this scent with anything :lol: This is so fluffy, yummy, creamy, hint of maple, something coconut-milky-like DELICIOUS! *swoons* :Emoticons04235:

Not yesterday :lol: BUT it's odd that you asked because I was thinking this would be great in a spray boosted with something social like SS4W and LFM would be a good pairing too for sure! I use LFM hard, one of my top favorites, certainly seems like that combo has all the potential in the world. ALOC is a limited fragrance :( Not sure why I thought it was permanent??? I'm going to at least need a back up...

• 3 weeks later...

Awe :( If it's all gone when I order....then I'll just have to get something else equally delish! I think half the fun is telling someone what you're wearing when they ask..."what IS that?"...and with a slight purr and just a hint of a naughty smile I answer softly, "Why, it's called, A Lick of Cream..." and bat eye lashes innocently... :D

How have I never reviewed this one? This is the most creamy and delicious scents ever. It's a thick vanilla cream brûlée with a touch of spice. I feel like I'm a dessert when I wear this! One of my favorite scents from LP! I'm a vanilla ho.

Hearts! SCENT TWINS

Omg I have been wearing this baby a lot lately! I got one boosted with BAM! I love wearing this at home in my pjs cuddled up on the sofa.

It's creamy dreamy delicious! It totally reminds me of Dolce from a couple years back. It's very similar.

No bottles left. Any suggestions for creamy scents that will help lighten or blend scents the way LOC did? I am trying to find an un-pheroed scent if possible and more vanilla creamy but lightly spiced would be okay if it stays in the background.

Was going to say Beth's Blushing Milkmaid 'til I saw unphero'd lol. Hmm. What else is there...Tasty Tease maybe, or Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla (but I think that one's gone too), Marsha Mellow would be yummy....

D'oh! Totally - I don't have any NoCos - it never crossed my mind! Mmmm! The OCCO White is delish! Bet NoCo WOULD be GREAT indeed!

Well it's the exact same scent minus the cops so, pretty much, yeah.

I have always wondered if NoCo would smell different w/o the cops...maybe less sweet or something? Thanks!

The Occo White I have layers nice with everything so I would guess the Noco White would as well. I was just looking for a scent that had more of a sweet foodie edge to it. LOC sounded nice. I will probably get some BBM even though it has Cops.

I was just looking for a scent that had more of a sweet foodie edge to it..

Which is how I would describe the vanilla blend for the OCCO/NoCo, hence my suggestion.

Wow this is gone? So glad I am backed up.

If I were looking for something similar I might look for Kanary Kremes. LOC has that cardamom note and KK has a similar note.

But, LOC is pure rich cream and KK has a hint of lemon, it's very light but that to me, is the biggest difference.

Kanary Kreme on me is VERY lemon...a rich, vanilla lemon, but I don't think I'd go for it as a vanilla. I'm sad that LoC is gone as well, it's one that I just haven't gotten enough chance to sample. Since I've just recently found LP Black, I was thinking of LoC to layer and tone it down a bit. I do think I like the scent of OCCO white better though, so I'm sampling NOCO white and it may be a fb for me.,,

You may be able to find LOC on a trade thread one day. Also keep an eye out for

Ebil-ish (with the Black kitten on the label) it's another great one.

Edited by StacyK

Wow this is gone? So glad I am backed up.

I will have to cherish what's left of my bottle, didn't get the chance to back it up :( But now that $25 for the NEW surprises and "special one" coming! :lol:

I will probably get some BBM even though it has Cops.

I thought of BBM right away because you had said you wanted something vanilla and lightly spiced - cops included, it would still be a winner imho, lol. It's not spiced, but the coconut gives it a little something "extra" and you really - or I should say - my nose - cannot detect the cops at all. And since we gals are loaded on cops naturally I never worry about adding more...though I may be in denial because, well, I just wear them everyday anyway... :rolleyes::D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get zero maple. I get creamy and luscious and it drapes across my skin like velvet.

This is my experience too. I'm always surprised when reminded there's maple here. Oh this has aged so well. :)

• 2 years later...

I wore this today and I have to say its amazing. Definitely aged well. I have a back up so I boosted the open bottle with cops. I love the rich, vanilla cream & the bit of spice from the cardamom add warmth. The boosted bottle reminds me of BBM in feel. LOC does BBM. It's smells so great. I'm trying to use my older scents up so I'm doing everything '12 and older. Loving this.

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

Since Mara has rebrewed this once already (for the LPMP Encores collection in 2015) I don't know if she plans to do it again this year but in the meantime you can try NoCo White (non-phero) and/or OCCO White or Beth's Blushing Milkmaid (phero) for a creamy vanilla scent.