Velvet & Steel

LadyVictoria

AD-VelvetSteel_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCat

Velvet & Steel

A classic evocation of a sultry tropical breeze – much loved as a summer scent – these ingredients also serve as elements of protection and feminine power. We rule our destinies smooth as velvet and strong as steel…so come enfold yourself within rich coconut and coconut cream and an assortment of Egyptian, white and green musk, with a fresh whisper of bamboo and sweet splashes of pineapple and vanilla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried this on the way home from work yesterday and ooooh fell in love. It was perfect for the ugly, murky, cold day we had here in LA. It instantly brought a smile to my face. WOW! I thought I could totally picture myself wearing this in Miami where it's hot as hell and muggy. I could totally picture myself walking on the beach in that Versace dress JLO wore the Grammy's. Only I wouldn't wear my hair like that. Mine would be really nappy and dirty but it would look good, because it's the beach- anyhow I pictured myself in that dress with a bathing suit underneath, maybe 2, to create the illusion of slim, then... he comes out of the water , shakes his ripped muscular body dry and does the whole thing with his hands to his hair to get it out of the way.. that's as far as I got because fuckers were honking at me because the light turned green..
So I totally LOVE this. The feeling, the scent, is all sexy summer tropics. It's smooth and sexy. Very COOL and did I say SEXY? This is CTM version 50000.0 y'all!!! It smelled incredibly sexy and grown up on me. It was thirst quenching. This is what you want for spring break and summer. You cannot live without this. I want a full bottle for sure. I have CTM as well, and this one feels SHARPER, sassier, more grown up and dangerous. LOVE LOVE LOVE. CTM went away for a year or so to explore the world. She came back more experienced and reckless. SOLD!

I love this version. It does indeed smell a little sharper to me LadyV. But in a really really good way. The coconut, musk and bamboo are the most prominent notes on me. So unique. The vanilla and pineapple just make it sweeter. Amazingly good. I think this is my favorite version!

CRAP! I almost got a sample of this, then chickened out b/c of the musk. We leave for the Florida Keys Thursday and it would have been perfect right? Lady V I'll keep my eyes out for your man on the beach. I'll keep him company 'til you get there....

I did wear CTM while in Florida and the Bahamas last year and it was perfect! CTM actually inspired one of my stories because it steered my mind towards romance in the tropics.

LOL, but this is Egyptian Musk. The same on in Phantom's Breath I think. It would have been perfect for the Keys.

Keep him company just don't drizzle any vagina juice on him- that's for me to do.

Leak? Leak? NEvah! tight as a drum babe.

Leak? Leak? NEvah! tight as a drum babe.

hot damn!...slightly off topic but i just really need to say raq, i've been meaning to tell you that your avi is you are amazing. i thought it was a painting at first, but i was freaking out that it's youuuu! doubly hot damn.

ok back to Velvet and Steel which i'm super excited to wear :3

I decided to compare the three versions...

Original PE: I've always described this as a "fresh decadent coconut skin musk." The melding of the musks has a little more emphasis on the green aspect, I think, with the coconut giving it a creamy warm skin aura.

V2 (Favorite PEs collection): this is somewhat sweeter than the original, less creamy but still with that fresh breezy aspect.

V3 (Bohemian Cats collection): I get the "sharper" impression right away, it doesn't really have the creaminess of the original at all, the coconut is more in the background; this one has more of a watery feel and the pineapple is a definite top note (although this isn't a pina colada type scent at all).

They all have the same mood, just different expressions of it, I think. But this is my absolute favorite summer fragrance, it's the scent of a place I'd love to be.

hot damn!...slightly off topic but i just really need to say raq, i've been meaning to tell you that your avi is you are amazing. i thought it was a painting at first, but i was freaking out that it's youuuu! doubly hot damn.

ok back to Velvet and Steel which i'm super excited to wear :3

(blushing) aw shucks thankya.. speaking of avi's I like yours. is that your cat/plant/chair? that looks like my orange tabby, Wally. I have an orange tabby that finds any sort of plant irresistible. I can't have any houseplants at all. He eats them all. I tried spraying a hot pepper and water mixture (a cat deterrent recipe) all over my asparagus fern and he ATE it anyway....

:offtopic: sorry I went on a rabbit trail there....

Raq, I refreshed my page while I was on the message board the other day and everybody's avis refreshed too. You have an AWESOME avi and you da lady! I never looked that ripped even in my top bodybuilding days. And of course now I can never expose my belly anymore. You look fantastic.

Now back to your regularly scheduled reviews.

This is much more coconut-forward on me than the two CTMs. Fresh ground coconut meat , not suntan lotion. Barely picking p the pineapple at all - wouldn't recognize it if i didn't know it were in there....

I cracked open Velvet and Steel today. I'm *really* having a tough time breaking open the seal on these babies, lol! I knew I would. I already knew I loved this one, I'd had the original (Christine's Tropical Musk) made into body creme for last summer, and I'm *almost out*! So glad I can dab this one as a perfume oil too! I forsee a summer doused in this lovely *cool/soft-feeling* floral. This is just SO gorgeous...

CTM as a body cream...swooooon...that must be heavenly!

For me this is one of those not quite perfume smells, where people don't instantly register 'perfume', more hot, good-smelling skin. I let my littlest wear this the other day, then forgot. Later after she ate an enormous coconut mochi snowball, I kept thinking, wow that mochi still smells really strong (and why didn't I get me one ha ha) but then it clicked..and I had to keep snuffling her. Perfect summer scent, good lasting power too. I may do a side by side comparison with the original to see if I smell a difference. I wore the original once on a date and it drove the poor boy crazy, he just kept saying...you smell so good, you smell so good... like I put a spell on him :P

• 2 weeks later...

Finally trying this one on its own (instead of vying for attention w/a bunch of other scents!). I think it's beautiful, and it's not at all what I expected! First off: When it hits my skin, I get fresh-cut granny smith apple. I know!!! Go figure. I think what I'm really smelling there is the bamboo and the green musk, with the pineapple blowing in there a bit. I have a tendency to amp pineapple notes...in this one, the pineapple is very discreet. In fact, ALL the notes are understated on me, IN A GOOD WAY. This is one of those perfectly blended perfumes on my skin. It's fruity green fresh loveliness! It stays close to my skin. Gods, I could really see this as a spray with whatever phero mix is in Rainbow Falls, sprayed ALLLLL over my hair! :wub: Dang. I can't stop huffing myself! B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wore this yesterday, just slathered with abandon and oh my goodness it is so wonderful! I can't believe I waited so long to try it! I get a good bit of pineapple & coconut with the bamboo & vanilla & musk rounding it out to perfection. It is so sexy & sultry! Perfect for summer. FB yes!

This is a full bottle too. I couldn't stop huffing my arm. I adore summery scents and this is perfect in hot weather.

Oh so I was wearing this the other day on my wrists. I had snuck up behind a guy friend and put my hands on his shoulders. I was like heyyyy and started rubbing his shoulders. (I know, I'm such a tease lol) He was all ahhhh u smell like beach and coconuts... Keep rubbing. I just laughed and smacked him heehee. But this is a winner with guys too!

Wow Hearts you're gorgeous! :Emoticons04235:

Wha? Musk!? I can't believe I had not checked this thread out yet! Thanks Halo!! It sounds amazing, but the "green" bamboo and fruit scare me a bit. Sometimes fruit takes perfume into Victoria's Secret body spray territory on me. Other than their Vanilla Lace I really dislike those, they smell cheap and highschool on me. But based on the reviews I think I'm going to have to sample this one.

Edited by Lexy

• 1 year later...

this nas got to be the freshest cleanest purest smell i've ever smelled and its intesne such that when i wore it i needed just a little dab here and there and im good to go.

this is my most favorite scent so far from lp, its hard to say from the gazzillion samples i got, but truly from what i recieved, velvet stel and cougar take the top spot and unbelievably all the scents i recieved smell soooo wonderful, its hard to pick the next best.

if anyone can suggest another velevet and steel like scent.. the fresheness, airyness, wateryness, coolness, crispness, cleamness, smoothness then please by all means throw me some suggestions because i love love love velvet and steel

Some filters you might find helpful:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/filter/green/

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/filter/rainy/

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/filter/fresh/

Ones that I would recommend off the top of my head:

Embody the Tarot: Temperance

A Treasure of Aquamarine

Pleasure Valley

Emerald City

Eye of the Storm (you'll have to look for this one in the Trading Post, it's sold out)

I love this scent too. It's soft, vanilla'ish scent with just a dash of pineapple and coconut with a cool (steel) breath of freshness running through it.

It's both warm and crisp. :)

• 3 weeks later...

:Emoticons0804: Hi y'all! Been traveling down South for work and fun off & on for months with one thought on my mind the whole time (ok, so there were a few others, hah!) and it was about sharing a review of Velvet and Steel enhanced with Swimming With the Sharks phero blend. Because it did the Magic I needed. Here's the scoop: We have a young tough and mean teacher who was messing up my kids minds with the WORST sex ed class ever... some of his "facts" weren't even physically possible. Plus, his extreme Puritan streak (he is probably channeling Cotton Mather) went so far as to urge kids to "try not to feel pleasure, because the other person may be feeling less than you". And so forth. Well, screech and scream. At least, that's what I wanted to do in his face! But he has a reputation for being stony and walking out on anyone saying anything he doesn't want to hear. So, intrepid me planned calm, clear & pointed things to say and sprayed on my Velvet & Steel Sharks. Then, I found him and literally cornered him in a small room corner, but stood about ten feet back (blocking exit to prevent an escape) so he wouldn't feel totally invaded. I told him that we parents had a right to know what he planned to teach ahead of time.[ At this point I should say that other parents were shocked but amused by his idiocy; no one else planned to try to approach him]. Turned out he felt that the curriculum was too brief, so he had found a bunch of materials he thought were "good" (and I DON'T want to know how much more his mind is twisted) and developed the class himself. I pointed out some of his more overt errors. After he got past muttering under his breath about "damn parents" he started listening to me. And listened. He kept trying the Wrap & Run technique of saying "if there's anything I can do to help you let me know" and trying to scoot forward. I stood and blocked and repeated my firm statements. He started grimacing and mentally chewing on my words. He started processing. [Now, here, Mara, is where another phero blend or potion could be created for the purpose of getting the thick-headed to understand more - a mental illumination potion would be wonderful!- because some people, for so many reasons, can have university degrees galore and be DENSE.] Anyway, I made my stand and FORCED him to think about it (as much as he could). Now here's the AMAZING result: next day I dropped in on a friend who works as a secretary there and she whispered me over, shut her door and told me that he had come into her office after I spoke with him muttering to himself. He was saying "damn. She's right. She's totally right. Parents ought to know what their kids are learning. I've gotta get outta this business! " My friend said, "I don't know what you said to him, but he's NEVER said anyone was Right before. He doesn't listen to anybody! But he really listened to you. What did you say?" I know it wasn't so much what I said or even that I corralled him like dangerous critter : It was the INCREDIBLE combo of Velvet & Steel with Swimming With the Sharks!!!!!!!!

• 10 months later...

Very belated but I only just saw your review...

[Now, here, Mara, is where another phero blend or potion could be created for the purpose of getting the thick-headed to understand more - a mental illumination potion would be wonderful!- because some people, for so many reasons, can have university degrees galore and be DENSE.]

Well it sounds like SWS *did* achieve this for you?:

he had come into her office after I spoke with him muttering to himself. He was saying "damn. She's right."

My friend said, "I don't know what you said to him, but he's NEVER said anyone was Right before. He doesn't listen to anybody! But he really listened to you.

If you want to try another approach, what about Empathy Potion, which I've found gets through to the most pig-headed, worst listeners I know, but in a different way. SWS gets through via respect. Empathy gets through by making people want to (wait for it) empathize...

Edited by tyvey

• 6 months later...