Kitten Nip with Mother's Little Helper

Unbridled, good one. The really sexy version. ;)

I like Unbridled but find Kitten Nip too sweet and, on me, cloying. It can give me a headache. I find Unbridled to be more juicy, boozy (don't ask me how), fruity, and spicy, with a mercifully gentle banana. Of course, as Olderbuwiser points out the pheros are completely different and I'm not entirely sure I think the scents are too much alike, but you might find that since you like Kitten Nip you may really enjoy Unbridled. Just don't be disappointed if you get it and it's not the same as you were hoping for.

It would actually suggest you try Kangaroo if you haven't. Not only does it have MLH like Kitten Nip, but it is similarly creamy/fruity/sweet. It's more restrained and it doesn't have any banana, but it to me is has a similar feel, if not the same scent. On you it might go totally the opposite, but on me the redwood, balsam, and clover were not noticeable.

Edited by donsie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Unbridled but find Kitten Nip too sweet and, on me, cloying. It can give my a headache. I find Unbridled to be more juicy, boozy (don't ask me how), fruity, and spicy, with a mercifully gentle banana. Of course, as Olderbuwiser points out the pheros are completely different and I'm not entirely sure I think the scents are too much alike, but you might find that since you like Kitten Nip you may really enjoy Unbridled. Just don't be disappointed if you get it and it's not the same as you were hoping for.

It would actually suggest you try Kangaroo if you haven't. Not only does it have MLH like Kitten Nip, but it is similarly creamy/fruity/sweet. It's more restrained and it doesn't have any banana, but it to me is has a similar feel, if not the same scent. On you it might go totally the opposite, but on me the redwood, balsam, and clover were not noticeable.

I don't think this is for me. ^^^.

I'm not looking for KN, I have two FBs. We r are responding to CURoses inquiry up thread. She is trying to find a sub for KN. We are postulating KN like scents.

Kanga while it has MLH, is pretty far away scent wise.

Edited by StacyK

Unbridled it is :love: I don't mind that it is the sexier version of Kitten Nip. Bom chicka wah wah :Emoticons0424:

@ Hearts, @ StacyK, @ OlderButWiser and @ Donsie - thank you ladies xoxo

I don't think this is for me. ^^^.

I'm not looking for KN, I have two FBs. We r are responding to CURoses inquiry up thread. She is trying to find a sub for KN. We are postulating KN like scents.

Kanga while it has MLH, is pretty far away scent wise.

Oops, block quote fail! My reply was for ComingUpRoses' question.

I could have been clearer. I agree about them being different; that's why I said they had a similar feel -- as in something about their vibe -- rather than the same scent. On me they smell... sort of in the same family, I guess. Probably not close enough for someone who really loves Kitten Nip, though!

Unbridled it is :love: I don't mind that it is the sexier version of Kitten Nip. Bom chicka wah wah :Emoticons0424:

@ Hearts, @ StacyK, @ OlderButWiser and @ Donsie - thank you ladies xoxo

I hope you enjoy Unbridled!

• 4 months later...

Oh, wow, I owe Kitten Nip an apology after a reassessment. Today it smelled great even wet. The watermelon [ETA: which I get from this but isn't actually a note in it, okay EGGERS?], which is found far too strong in my first few applications, was gone after the first hour. The cherry was more noticeable when wet but didn't last for more than a few minutes, more's the pity. I smelled a lot of creamy, chunky chocolate over vanilla ice cream and something like those wet walnuts you get sometimes. I think that's the caramel as there is are no nut notes in this perfume.

The amazing transformation comes after several hours' dry-down. OMFG this smells sophisticated, deep, and delicious. There's a not-at-all sweet vanilla, some chocolate, and a complex caramel. It reminds me of my grandfather's pipe tobacco that I loved to open sniff as a child. Does anyone know if there is an LP that starts in the scent territory where Kitten Heels ends up after all that time? YUM!

Edited by donsie

It always smells like watermelon to me for the first few minutes. I dunno, maybe some folks like that sort of thing on their sundae. Maybe I am confused about how a cherry works. Who can say?

I fixed the post for you, anyway! :Emoticons04287:

Edited by donsie

• 4 years later...

Yesterday I opened my bottle of Kitten Nip after who knows how long, and I just have to say that it smells just gorgeous. Like, sexy gorgeous. I don't know what the hell happened to the ice cream sundae in it, but it has that Sparkle Fuchsia kind of sparkly smell to it now. Just for the record, I am not complaining! 

I'm not sure what the phero did for me at work. I think it might require more testing. I like the possibilities though. It has workplace potential for my line of work. 

20 hours ago, Eggers said:

Yesterday I opened my bottle of Kitten Nip after who knows how long, and I just have to say that it smells just gorgeous. Like, sexy gorgeous. I don't know what the hell happened to the ice cream sundae in it, but it has that Sparkle Fuchsia kind of sparkly smell to it now. Just for the record, I am not complaining! 

I'm not sure what the phero did for me at work. I think it might require more testing. I like the possibilities though. It has workplace potential for my line of work. 

KN has always smellsd like that to me.  I remember going back to look at the notes and thinking, ok this is my kind of foody scent. Its foody but not overwhelming. 

1 hour ago, StacyK said:

KN has always smellsd like that to me.  I remember going back to look at the notes and thinking, ok this is my kind of foody scent. Its foody but not overwhelming. 

It doesn't smell like it used to on me. The cherry has sort of melted & disappeared into the blend. You're right: it's foody but not overwhelming. It smells really subtle and like, skin-sexy. I think I'll be wearing a lot of it this summer. It smells so beautiful, how can I not? And I think the phero has great potential at work. I've not worn MLH a lot, so I suppose I'll have to test it for dosage... Should be fun! I'm glad you reminded me of it! 

Just now, Eggers said:

It doesn't smell like it used to on me. The cherry has sort of melted & disappeared into the blend. You're right: it's foody but not overwhelming. It smells really subtle and like, skin-sexy. I think I'll be wearing a lot of it this summer. It smells so beautiful, how can I not? And I think the phero has great potential at work. I've not worn MLH a lot, so I suppose I'll have to test it for dosage... Should be fun! I'm glad you reminded me of it! 

Yes. The cherry is not much there. Which is a bummer because that note was so awsome and I dont think its around anymore. IMO the fruits always fade off first. But, that delicate creamy thing is still there. Its never been heavy foody on me is what I am trying to say. I better use mine up. ;)

Just now, StacyK said:

Yes. The cherry is not much there. Which is a bummer because that note was so awsome and I dont think its around anymore. IMO the fruits always fade off first. But, that delicate creamy thing is still there. Its never been heavy foody on me is what I am trying to say. I better use mine up. ;)

It was a nice cherry. I remember that. 

I still have a whole bottle to get through! :o 

2 hours ago, Eggers said:

It was a nice cherry. I remember that. 

I still have a whole bottle to get through! :o 

Enjoy it :)

• 2 years later...

This is so fruity and yummy, I really like it. However, after some time something smelled like metal on my skin, not sure how to explain it. When through the notes, I think it’s the cherry. I have the same problem with scent that have an almond/marzipan not (except Petit Four Your Thoughts). I'm sad as I love cherry and marzipan. 

But this scent is sooo yummy! Too bad my skin doesn't like it.