Love Potion: Red Lace

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the apricot is definitely slightly elevated in this relative to the LP Red batches I've experienced. But this is a good thing for me because spices tend to amp.

I love lace UN and had great results with it although it can make me rather ditsy! Looking forward to trying this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Fun wearing this today. The two guys at The Source were falling all over themselves to help me out, and when I went cd shopping after, a guy in the used bin was chatting up a storm, & started pulling out CDs he found that he thought were in line with my musical tastes! Lol! He made a nice little stack for me. And when I got in my car to drive away, he came out & waved! :lol: Fun times with Lace & cops! Ooh! And I smell awesome. :)

• 1 month later...

To tame the apricot down a bit and since the apricot is taking over everything else in mine, does anyone have any suggestions to mix this one with something to tone it down...

What do you have? If you have LP Black or Occo Black, that would work. And I've used BBM and Ail's VV with Red Lace with very good results. LP Original would be great also.

What do you have? If you have LP Black or Occo Black, that would work. And I've used BBM and Ail's VV with Red Lace with very good results. LP Original would be great also.

I have Occo Black and BBM... I'm heading back upstairs as I realized I did not put any scent on this am... so I'm going to give this a try

• 2 months later...

I really, really don't like LP Red, either by itself or in Passion and Desire. I think it's the combination of the verbena, apricot and patchouli - patchouli makes me feel ill. That being said, I finally got up my courage to try Red Lace, and I was pleasantly surprised!

The apricot is much cleaner here, with a nice vanilla back. The patchouli is light enough to give the right amount of depth without being stinky. The dark sugars behave on my skin (wonder of wonders!) and don't turn to almost burnt toffee or overwhelm the other note. If I try hard I can pick the other notes, but it is a really well-blended scent where everything plays nicely.

Much, much nicer than I was expecting!

I've never tried Lace before, so I was interested in the self-effects. For the first minute or two I can smell the pheros, but it settles down pretty quick. I find that Lace makes me feel very mellow; less antsy, more able to take things in my stride. It's a subtle effect, but a nice one. I think a full bottle might be in order. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Update; unexpected results

I've always thought that because I don't slather I'd never really get much in the way of results with pheros other than self-effects. I'm having something of a career quandry at the moment, and I've lost faith in the field I'm in. If you've been aiming for a career for 25 years and finally get there only to find that is all childish selfishness over a rotten core, you kind of have an understaning about where my head is right now.

I was going to have a meeting with someone about something I said in passing that I didn't realise I wasn't supposed to bring up, because the managers had a vicious argument about it just the day before. It felt a little like being called to the principal's office. I slathered myself in Red Lace because, well, if there was even a chance of it working I was prepared to give it a shot. I ended up chickening out of the meeting because I'm so disheartened at the moment that I was afraid I would break down in tears with frustration.

Everyone in my office knows that I'm very disappointed in the workings of our career, and that I was talking about getting out of the field entirely. That's how frustrated I am.

I was alone in my office with one of the boys I work with, staring balefully out of the window, when he looked up from his computer and tried to console me. Now, I like the guy, but he's a little socially awkward (as all nerds like us are), and generally keeps to himself. It was a really nice, if unexpected, gesture. I don't know if it was due to Lace or not, but it's always touching to have someone try to make you feel better when you're down.

I think I'll use this for non-work situations, though. It's not that it's not appropriate for the workplace, it's more that I try to be independant and reliable in my job. I don't want to necessarily have people think that I need looking after.

• 2 years later...

I'm wearing this today and it smells so good. Something about how the LP line ages. So well!!!

I forget how much EOW is in this. A few DIHL and a free coffee, ok!! :)

I have a spray Of LP red boosted with Lace I did one big spray over the "Red Lace" oil I applied to my cleavage and a dab on each side of the neck.

eta.. I sweetened the Red Spray with a few drops of Sugared Apricot, to keep it similar to the Red Lace scent. oh :heart:

Edited by StacyK

OMG sugared Apricots is so good, with many things Red, Original, florals & it covers cops too... The only draw back if you put it in a spray go as light as you can because it can make the sprayer a but sticky. Easy to fix though. Adding it to LP Red with a bit of cops gives a Red Lace type scent too :)

Guest cutie.pie

I have a spray Of LP red boosted with Lace I did one big spray over the "Red Lace" oil I applied to my cleavage and a dab on each side of the neck.

eta.. I sweetened the Red Spray with a few drops of Sugared Apricot, to keep it similar to the Red Lace scent. oh :heart:

Ohhhh, I want to try this!!! :)