A Touch of Cerise

katz

AD-Cerise_LG_LovePotion_BohemianCats_.jp

A Touch of Cerise

Our deeply sensuous fruit-forward blend returns! Perfect for warm weather, it wears like a sheer veil, caressing and melding with your skin for hours on end. A sweet-and-tart mélange of numerous types of pomegranate, cassis, red currant, maraschino cherry and Acai berry infuses a base of misty musky white amber with a tangy whisper of lemony verbena.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a comparison I know you'll want:

Mamelons De Cerise:
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
CASSIS ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy, protection, health.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

A Touch of Cerise:
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
RED CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs.
CASSIS ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy, protection, health.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

I somehow missed the flood of love and stampeding purchases of Mamelons, I'm not sure why... Perhaps I'd fallen hard for some other scent and could not devote more love/the money at the time. But yeah. I *get* it now. I don't have the original sample on hand to compare/contrast but I'm getting bright tart cherry on top, red fruity middle notes, and delicious amber/musk to back it all up. All contributes to a gorgeous/sexy fruit/springy scent I can't wait to dose with Lace for after hours. YUM!!

I am *so* blessed to be able to wear these scents I missed the first time 'round! This is reason #211 this collection ROCKS so much, and I'm so grateful for this gift!

The addition of the red currant steers this more into the "tangy" classification for me, whereas Mamelons is sweeter. The background quality is the same, though, that sheer cool quality which is perfect for warmer weather. In the end it morphs more into the same aura, the tartness backs off a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

This is sooo beautiful! Yes, it reminds me of 'Mamelons de Cerise' but for me, 'A Touch of Cerise' is even better. The cherry is prominent in both, with hints of pomegranate and cassis. May be the red current makes the difference. My trial vial is already almost empty, I think I need some more.

• 2 weeks later...

This one on me was really tangy and tart. Very sharp. I think the red currant is making the something like the cassia perhaps stand out a bit more and give it a sharp tang. I think for me this one has to age a bit before the cherry blooms as it does for me in Mamelons.

• 2 months later...

When I got my package this was the first one I just had to try out - and it's beautiful! It's just lovely, sweet and tart cherry. I'd love to try Mamelons de Cerise for comparison but there doesn't seem to be any of that floating around. I think I need to order more ATOC though!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I get berries and then a tart citrus-y note. Very fruity! But the base grounds it out nicely, it's not too sharp. I really love this one for summer - it's juicy, tart, and a tad sexy!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this scent and the Lable.. (it's Boho Cats Virgo, I wish LP had done Libra too :) )

I sometimes have trouble with Cherry and Verbena but here is one of the exquisite times it comes together for me. It blends so well together on my skin and the tartness turns to a summery brightness that I find both happy and sensuous ( try a dab when you are wearing Sensual Harmony )

It's also layerable when you want to add a touch of cerise to another scent. I need a spray boosted with Lace.

Edited by StacyK

• 11 months later...

I just got a sample of this on a whim(as on of my forum freebies) and I am in love! This is a full bottle I can't believe how much I love it and how much staying power this scent has. It's a perfect cherry with a nice tartness in the background, a full fruit candy feeling on me. :Emoticons0086:

• 6 months later...

I wore this yesterday. In the vial, it smelled pretty and fruity. On my skin, it was SUPER sweet. Then it threatened to turn plasticky for a bit, but it never really materialized. I could smell the cherry and the lemon verbena the most, which, to me, made it smell something like a lemon cough drop. Not medicinal, though. Just...okay, maybe like a lemon candy? A lemon and cherry candy? It didn't seem to last too long, although my neighbour said she could smell it hours later. I don't know; I couldn't really smell it.

So for me, this one was okay, but not one that I'd really feel the need to wear again, I don't think.

• 2 months later...

I got this one unsniffed and pretty much slathered out of the box. Wow! It's exactly what I thought Springs Lusty Cherry would be. It's sweet cherries at first, but then it melds into something more sophisticated. It stays sweet, but the cherries do fade out - not all the way like they do in Lusty Cherry. It may be one of my new favorites!

• 1 month later...
Guest cutie.pie

This one is very sweet, yummy, fruity scent. I only wish cherry would last a little bit longer on my skin.

• 1 month later...

I wore this one today and I must ditto everyone who wishes the cherry lasted longer. I get a sweet fruity scent on a backdrop of tanginess and something that pulls the scent into a sharper almost green for me, which I'm assuming is the verbena. I've been craving a more cherry scent (especially since Lusty Cherry fades fast on me), and while this is nice, I think I'll be sticking with OCCO: Ambrosia for my cherrier needs, haha.

• 11 months later...

I was not around for Mamelons de Cerise, so I cannot compare this supposedly rebrew-in-disguise to that one. However, this scent is awesome! (Awesome not being a common word in my vocabulary.) It is white, sweet, bright, tangy, and yummy!!! From the bottle, I get a bright and happy cherry lemon and it pretty much stays that way through the drydown. The lemon never gets lemon pledgy as lemon sometimes can on me. For drydown, I get a slight earthiness which must be the white amber and musk poking through. The cherry burns off, but the pomegranate and cassis keep it fruity. I really adore this one! It is a most perfect scent!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just received this in a full bottle as part of the Threebies package yesterday, and oh my goodness, I am in love with this scent. It's a beautiful, delicate fruity scent. And while I'm not the best at detecting specific fragrances, the whole blend combined creates this gorgeous harmonious scent that distinctly reminds me of ripened and tart Lychee berries that my family harvests every summer. And even better, the scent is not overwhelming so it doesn't aggravate my boyfriend's sensitive nose but strong enough that I can sniff myself throughout the day. I can't believe I just discovered this fragrance now. I'm going to have to remember this blend for future references. :001_302:

Edited by bubble0330

• 1 year later...

Bumping for charity auction!

This is a rebrew of Mamelons and omg that was one of the biggest frenzies the forum has ever seen! A lot of people liked this version better. Sweet, tart and tangy. Fruitiness offset by the lemongrass, a truly original offering. The perfect spring and summer fragrance but so good you will wear it year round. Extremely uplifting and mood elevating!

• 4 years later...

Got this in the sale. This is light and delicate, but very, very good.  I get a whiff of a similar cherry to that in Special Delivery at first, until the other notes come out. The cherry is the star but is made fresher and tarter with the red currant, cassis, and verbena. The musk and amber set it off perfectly, giving it a bit more mystery and sophistication. It wears close to the skin (on me, and after aging for over a decade, anyway) but that's fine since it is extremely huffable, haha.