Darling Catalina

With first wear, in the vial and initally on my skin this is totally yummy, and didn't turn plastic like Darling Clementine did. BUT after a while...Popularity Potion is stinky on me! Sometimes my chemistry reacts strongly to Chris' blends (like SS4W) so I think I might need something a little more robust to cover it. But everyone who missed out on the original should snag a bottle post-haste!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just speaking from my own perception. I don't consider it bad necessarily, just that some mixes are particuarly noticable to my sense of smell.

• 2 weeks later...

The affect of the phero on me is somewhat subtle, I've been feeling more social, less shy, and have a strangely more optimistic outlook about my future despite the fact I'm still a pessimistic fatalist (don't ask me why, but people are contradictory in general). People seem to be more receptive to me, but I want to wait for a few days before I draw any final conclusions. The scent is great too, I was worried that the citrus and strawberry might overwhelm the rest of the notes, but thankfully it pairs well with other foodie and resinous perfume oils. I'll try to make a more complete review of it in a few days.

Firstly the scent smelled quite strong and then mellowed . I had forgotton that this was a pheromone blend.

Self effects were more optimistic in my outlook, focused and a sense of being more discerning and astute. One to buy in a full bottle or spray

This is sweet, sugary. I'm not getting any fruit notes at all. Just foody goodness. And I feel ... uplifted in a way that I don't when I use UN PP. Definitely wearing this to work tomorrow.

And ordering a second bottle.

It was cakey, phero-wise, someone I know doesn't fancy me did a lot of mirroring my body language, and I felt a little uncomfortable, like maybe I might start flirting outrageously with him, otherwise nothing else of note happened, although a lady at the gallery was very friendly with me but then she might just be like that. I'll try it again and report back I think.

I'm having a hard time with scents at the moment, not being able to describe them properly and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

This version is all pink orange cakey goodness on me! Is there pink in this? I get whiffs of pink sugar here and there and it smells so good!!!! Wet it smells identical to Darling C but as it dries down it becomes more frosted pink orange cupcake. I didn't get any pink in Darling C like I am getting in this. DAMMIT I am going to have to order a bottle of this now! It smells exactly like a orange hostess cupcake bathed in pink sugar.

The frosting note was always "pink sugar" (strawberry) to my knowledge, so maybe it just comes out on you more in this brew.

This smells every bit as luscious as Darling Clementine on me,if anything it is stronger!! :w00t:

I am sooooo glad I got a back up bottle. The Popularity Potion in it is really working for me,self-effects wise at least...I feel amazing :cat692:

am very much looking forward to taking this out and about!

Exactly the same luscious vanilla-frosting-slathered orange cake I get from Darling Clem, if not stronger like Calii mentioned, and Popularity Potion has great self-effects on me to boot. I find it takes the edge off any irritability I might be feeling and makes me more approachable.

The biggest difference between the two versions is the latest one has natural vanilla bean paste in all it's oooey gooey glory - thus the floating globules you might see in the bottles. I used the flavoring this time because I used up all the corresponding fragrance oil in the last batch, but I think the bean paste makes this one smell even denser/stronger than the original. (And I get to taste the bean paste each time I brew with it, it's mega yummy.) ::slurp!::

I came out of hibernation, and had to get a bottle! It has been a rough past few weeks with work! I saw someone mentioning pink sugar...I think that scent is becoming my new favorite. I looooved Clementine, and I'm pretty stoked to get this one!

With first wear, in the vial and initally on my skin this is totally yummy, and didn't turn plastic like Darling Clementine did. BUT after a while...Popularity Potion is stinky on me! Sometimes my chemistry reacts strongly to Chris' blends (like SS4W) so I think I might need something a little more robust to cover it. But everyone who missed out on the original should snag a bottle post-haste!

Luna, DC went plasticky on me too after awhile, even though I was in love with the seent for the first 2 hours. I call it "the play doh" smell on me. Do you think this is B/C of the PP phero in it or something else?

Oh criminey!!!

What are you saying?! I must get another bottle?! Even though I have 2 oils and 1 spray of Darling Clementine?!

I don't want to enable you dear Libra, but I can't lie. I can smell the difference. Think pink tufts draped in orange cake.

Darling Catalina does exactly what I wanted Darling Clementine to do. I get the orange hostess cupcake BUT the pink frosting too!

I did a side by side comparison. To me, this one is more pink frosting that sits on top of orange cupcakes.

Get a sample at least to compare. I know I am not crazy, I swear this one is pinker.

Luna, DC went plasticky on me too after awhile, even though I was in love with the seent for the first 2 hours. I call it "the play doh" smell on me. Do you think this is B/C of the PP phero in it or something else?

Usually the "play-doh" aspect has to do with the reaction of one of the notes. For me it's usually either vanilla or amber or a combination of both.

With pheromones it's normally a kind of metallic smell which occurs if there's a weird reaction.

"French" Vanilla seems to be a culprit most often when there's a plasticy complaint. Not sure why - maybe a butter accord that is added? Did not add French Vanilla in these blends, but probably added something buttery....so may be that??

I don't want to enable you dear Libra, but I can't lie. I can smell the difference. Think pink tufts draped in orange cake.

Darling Catalina does exactly what I wanted Darling Clementine to do. I get the orange hostess cupcake BUT the pink frosting too!

I did a side by side comparison. To me, this one is more pink frosting that sits on top of orange cupcakes.

Get a sample at least to compare. I know I am not crazy, I swear this one is pinker.

SON OF A BISCUIT!!

Here's the deal...my second oil of Darling Clementine is still sealed up...I could always give this as a gift!! And therefore be able to morally get away with ordering a Darling Catalina!!! EEEEEK!!!

SON OF A BISCUIT!!

Here's the deal...my second oil of Darling Clementine is still sealed up...I could always give this as a gift!! And therefore be able to morally get away with ordering a Darling Catalina!!! EEEEEK!!!

It would be a nice wedding present or baby shower gift. People always get married round this time or have baby showers.

This is only from a single swipe (I'm playing with my whole order :) ) but I agree. I get way more clementine, and it *does* have a pinkish feel to it! I think I'm going to like this one even more. :heart: I'll actually review when I wear it on its own.

This is weird. There has to be a whole 'nother page of this thread that my browser won't show me....TESTING! TESTING!!!

ETA: Nope, not there. I'm getting emails of posts, but I cant see 'em here. Weird. The last post I see above this one is from Miss DC at 7:55 pm last night. Triple weird. THE FORUM, NOT MISS DC! Heee!!!!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Well...the last post I see,other than yours is the one from Mz DC :huh: Any chance they are from the Darling Clementine thread...wait,that does not make sense either

This is weird. There has to be a whole 'nother page of this thread that my browser won't show me....TESTING! TESTING!!!

ETA: Nope, not there. I'm getting emails of posts, but I cant see 'em here. Weird. The last post I see above this one is from Miss DC at 7:55 pm last night. Triple weird. THE FORUM, NOT MISS DC! Heee!!!!

It was moved under my journal ESOP. You are not crazy I promise.