Rosie's Wedding Cake

BlueBear

This...is,,,fabulous!! I want to lick it!! I put this on, and I swear someone had wheeled a cake into the room! It reminds me of a cake my grandma used to make called a Sock it to Me Cake. (It's a butter cake she made in a bundt pan with a pecan filling that she put at the bottom. Then when you flipped it onto a plate, the sugary pecans were embedded in the top. Mmmmmmmmm!) Anyway, even though Mara used three coconuts in here, I get just the barest hint of it on my skin. The pecan is the star of the show for me. It's sweet and at the forefront, but it's not overwhelming. Usually in a scent like this, I amp the vanilla, but it stays in th background on this. Overall, a warm, pretty, sensual scent. I think I'm gonna wear the hell out of this one!!!

ETA: Just wanted to add that this one's a trooper! Post shower, I still get some vanilla pecan.

Edited by BlueBear

Yeah it definitely sticks for sure. Ever since my first application I can still smell it as strong as when just-applied.

I've been slathering my arm all afternoon long with this...in the bottle and with first application this is so luscious buttery-sugary vanilla...yum! Over time the pecan and the coconut evolve into a more "toasty" kind of spicy quality on me, and it does remind me a bit of Vicars & Tarts. For me, it's the kind of spicy-sweet that I really like for fall/winter.

M: you have to tell us how the bride liked it! And I don't know that I commented before but, I really love the label, it's so pretty!

Where's the dancing kitty icon?? LOL I have a bottle of this on hold. (Mara, I JUST got into town today and am so jet lagged but I promise I will get to my order this week) But I am so glad to hear that it sticks! I loved Darling Clementine but it didn't stay on me. It smelled just like cake too so THIS is even better!! Coconut is my all time fave cake and WEDDING cake to boot? I'm stoked!

• 2 weeks later...

Aw. In the bottle this is so delicious. On my skin, burnt caramel. Heavy on the burnt. Not smokey. Burnt. I'm actually pouting about this.

Raq, if a bottle was being held for you, I think you just use the GCs to buy - I believe it was $15, so GC x3? See if you can find the thread where it was being offered, I think it says on there...

Holy crap this is like the richest rum-infused coconut cake slathered in frosting. Rich, dense, buttery, with a delicious caramelized coconut note that edges on boozy.This would go extremely well with my CocoaPink Bavarian Coconut Cake and Coconut Rum Cake hair stuff. Definitely not one to wear during this time of the month as my skin starts to ruin it pretty fast, but once Moses parts the red sea I'm dousing myself in it!

Raq, if a bottle was being held for you, I think you just use the GCs to buy - I believe it was $15, so GC x3? See if you can find the thread where it was being offered, I think it says on there...

Thanks Molls. Is it a regular sized bottle? or a smaller one?

Came home from my trip to find a thank you note from the bride in my mailbox! She says:

Thanks for the beautiful party favors - they were so charmingly done, and now also for the perfume! Loved how you used the artwork theme throughout. You REALLY captured the aroma! How did you do that? AMAZING! Many thanks! :-)

Heee! :D

Okay, can you speak in measurements for dummies? It's not a full sized roll on bottle then. Is it like one of the bottles of say, pumpkin shake rattle and roll? Or like the sample size spray on Sparkle Fuchsia?

Is it like one of the bottles of say, pumpkin shake rattle and roll?

Yes, that same size. The full-sized bottle is 10ml, half-sized is 5ml.

My husband wears Super for men and it smells like that. I want to eat him alive. He doesn't know it's phero'd and wonders why the woman tech in the dr.'s office kept dropping her papers. I asked him if she dropped her undies and he looked confused. LOL

My husband wears Super for men and it smells like that. I want to eat him alive. He doesn't know it's phero'd and wonders why the woman tech in the dr.'s office kept dropping her papers. I asked him if she dropped her undies and he looked confused. LOL

LMAO. I looooove Super for Men, Omg It smells so good.

No maple according to the description, but the brown sugar pecan could give that impression, I'm sure. It doesn't smell like Super, IMO, it's just a spicy-sweet-nutty vanilla cake scent on me,

No maple according to the description, but the brown sugar pecan could give that impression, I'm sure. It doesn't smell like Super, IMO, it's just a spicy-sweet-nutty vanilla cake scent on me,

whoops, maybe I'm confused. Isn't the men's with the superman blue label (released a month or two ago) called Super2? I know it has ss4m in it. What's it called?

Michael has finally been wearing his sample of Super and I didn't tell him about the pheros either. But he wore it for the first time to a poker tournament last week and he won!!! So he is sold on this one. I told him the maple was for attracting money. I think I read this in the ingredients but I may have made it up...doesn't matter...it worked.

whoops, maybe I'm confused. Isn't the men's with the superman blue label (released a month or two ago) called Super2? I know it has ss4m in it. What's it called?

It is but it's just a rebrew of Super so that's why the name applies to both; it was rereleased in November for Pheromas.

Ummm, I think the confusion is between the two blends.

YES, there is maple in Super for Men.

NO maple in Rosie's Wedding Cake.

:)

Their cake was 3-tiered (with a swan on top!) white vanilla frosting covered with shaved coconut on the outside, and deep yellow vanilla cake with a distinct nutty flavor on the inside. I think I nailed it using a couple of kinds of coconut, a lush cakey vanilla, brown sugar pecan, and a deep resiny vanilla absolute (which gives it a nice depth and longevity).

Oh yeah, I wasn't trying to say there wasn't maple in Super, but there's no maple in this one.

Oh! (head smack) I thought you were saying there was no maple in the super, and JUST when I was patting myself on the back for my poor nose picking up something! LOL. Glad to know all is not lost, Also glad there is no maple in RWC. Can't wait to try it

Okay, I *am* testing this with other stuff, but so far it's exactly what it should be. I smell that cake, and I get the nuttiness, and the coconut, and the brown sugariness. I'm with BlueBear. I think I'm going to wear the crap out of this and I instantly want to layer it with cops. NOM NOM NOM!!! :heart:

ETA Next Day (ack I'm rhyming again): 'Kayso, I'm wearing this all by itself today and it is fucking amazing. On me, it's all pecan praline goodness with some cake thrown in for support. GODS, THIS IS GOOD. I do believe it encourages people to hang out and talk, too! I mean, we mountain folk tend toward that anyway, being isolated and all, but...it's a definite trend with this perfume, methinks!

:Emoticons0424:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got mine.

First thing I tried in my order. In the bottle I get just a hint of a spice, and lots of vanilla and cake.

On my body it seems I had to apply a lot to smell it. At first it smelled like vanilla and spice. And something I couldn't identify. The best I can describe it is linen?!?

I haven't looked at the ingredients yet because I was trying to identify notes on my own.

A few hours later I smelled a hint of vanilla, but mostly that sort of Linen, scent. What can this be? mara, what kind of vanilla is in this? (if there is any) some vanillas go plastic on me. This seems to be okay. I don't get any coconut :-( but it's still a pretty sort of scent. I will wear this all week and see how it goes.

I am almost done with my bottle! I really have to slather this one on . It jut doesn't stay on me. i like it a lot but it only lasts a short time. I get a lot of pecan and the vanilla resin (I think) def a hint of resiny goodness in this one but not in the forefront. A lot like Vicars and Tarts. I agree.

Just jumpin' back in to say I am still LOVING THIS!!! Rosie's Wedding Cake still gives me the praline cakey nominess, and I have solidified my opinion that it makes people chattier when they're in my scent aura. The scent certainly makes *me* feel good! And it does last nicely. NOM!

:Emoticons0424::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058::banana058:

This is so huff worthy! My bottle is got a teensy bit left and I'm debating keeping that itty bitty reserve for huffage purposes. LOL. I guess I could re order....I mean, Bank of America won't shut down just because of one teensy late payment right? They'll hardly notice....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about this one. For some reason I thought it was a cakey floral scent so I got confused when all I could smell was maple & nutty notes... DOn't get me wrong, it's a nice scent, but for me it's more of a winter "snuggle in front of the fire" type scent than a wedding cake one