Private Editions - The April Edition! ;)

Just popping these up before I sail away on my journey! They will be shipped to their creators on Monday. Happy Easter everyone!! :nice09715:

AD-PE-LadyVictoriaSP.jpg

Lady Victoria's Sparkle Plenty

pink pumpkin sparkle with lots of spice

5 bottles available

(1 reserved for ElizabethOSP, 1 for Liz, 1 for Ravenwing, 1 for JJL, 1 for Skye)

AD-PE-LadyVictoriaCNY.jpg

Lady Victoria's Choco-Nut Yum

milk chocolate, brown sugar glazed peanuts, cookie crust and a dollop of whipped cream

2 bottles available

(1 reserved for Tyvey, 1 for Luna)

AD-PE-CelrynnyaFF.jpg

Celrynnya's Feelin' Foxy

Bright orange, sexy soft musk, with a hot streak of pepper – who doesn’t want to be a bit of a vixen sometimes?

1 bottle available

(1 bottle reserved for July Girl)

AD-PE-CelrynnyaCherrySoup.jpg

Celrynnya's Kirsebærsuppe

That means Cherry Soup! Yum!

A sweet Danish soup made from bright red, sweet cherries, tarted up with lemon, and lusciously spiced with cinnamon. Just like my mother used to make!

1 bottle available

(1 bottle reserved for July Girl)

AD-PE-CelrynnyaBFTB.jpg

Celrynnya's Big Fat Tabby Cat

My love song in scent for fatty, sweet, soft, snuggly, house tigers! Caramel and dark chocolate stripes, and vanilla-white fluffy belly and socks. (And I added a few drops of everyone's favorite vanilla musk to make it smell fuzzy like a kitty.)

2 bottles available

(1 reserved for Katz, 1 for Luna)

I have a few...buried treasures I should call them. I am going to put them into the PE area when I get back. This is one of them, it's called Sea Find. (A few others include several recently discovered bottles brewed by Danna that were never released, and one that I messed up the phero dosing on for women, that has been tweaked so that men will be able to wear it.)

Sea Find was brewed as a retail exclusive for a web shop that never ended up getting launched. The scent was based on a short story, written by the person who intended to open the shop. There isn't much, only 8 ounces were brewed (24 bottles), and the writer never even got around to sampling it. (The only person who has sniffed this scent thus far is our darling ElizabethOSP, and she gave it such an enthusiastic reception, we've been encouraged to offer it to everyone else.)

The writer gave us permission to release the scent into the wild, and has allowed us to use his original short story to introduce the fragrance too.

AD-PE-SeaFind.jpg

The door opened and the upper jam slid across the strings of stamped brass circlets that hung like wind chimes just inside the shop. The sound was a blend of shimmering tinkles that announced the arrival of visitors. I prefer the sound immensely to the harsh clangs of the doorbells that I associate with nearly every small shop in Britain. I was digging deep among the objects that filled one of the many long shelves in my shop. It took me a moment to extricate myself and turn to see who had entered.

The shades were pulled over the windows of the shop door and storefront, but the strong afternoon sun sent thin sheets of painfully bright light into the cool darkness of the shop where the edges of the shades wandered from the edges of the windows. The effect made it difficult to see just who had entered through the door that bore fading lettering on frosted glass that read: L. Stone, Antiquities.

I did not like being caught with my back to strangers and stepped forward to greet the man who stood just inside the doorway. By my second step, I recognized him.

"Mustafa! What are you doing in this forgotten village on this forgotten island in this forgotten land?"

I had not seen him in over five years, since I had moved my shop from Morocco to this island in Greece. As I had grown older and come to appreciate the substance of the danger in that dusty place and the randomness with which luck danced between good and bad, I decided that a more centralized (and safer) location would better serve my travels between the ruins of ancient cities and markets that supply what I sell. So I lived, and do still, in a white washed, cobble-stoned village on this island that receives more visitors than one might expect, including an unnatural number of photojournalists from National Geographic.

The dark-skinned man smiled warily as was his nature and replied, "Why, to see you, of course. There are plenty of buyers in Egypt and Morocco, but there are some things that I would always bring to you first, if you remember."

He had gone through the trouble of finding me and was now reminding me of past favors. Whatever it was that Mustafa had brought, it sounded like it was going to be expensive. He was grayer and more worn than I remembered and the gold cap on his left front tooth had been replaced with a porcelain crown. I thought that I liked his old smile better. He held a bundle wrapped in brown paper and twine. It was the size of two shoeboxes stacked on one another. I have found that the size of a package never truly indicates how much value or how much trouble it holds. I was starting to get nervous.

He carefully placed the package on the corner of a nearby table and I shifted the clutter around to make more room. The twine was being cut by a knife that had somehow appeared in Mustafa's hand and soon he lifted the top of the thin cardboard box that held what he apparently thought was a treasure. There were three clusters of marine detritus that had become cemented together over hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years - greenish brown-white masses of shards of crustacean life, coral, sand, and . . . a number of small phials as big around as a man's finger, sticking out at haphazard angles. The exposed parts of the tiny vessels were grayish brown, looking to be ceramic, and a few had their tops exposed, which appeared to still be sealed. I quickly fetched a small box of tools and, trying not to show my growing interest, started to gently free one from its surrounding encrustation. Mustafa did not object.

Other than size and shape, there was very little to be discerned about the object I was now holding in my hand. I scraped a small remaining cluster from the small bottle, casually but intentionally scraping deep into the patina that covered the vessel. A half inch of the scrape showed a surface not of pottery glaze, but rather a glint of glass and the faint colors of a softly iridescent coating. The iridescence is an effect on colored glass of centuries of burial and earth or sand. Covering the scratch with my thumb, I started gently scrubbing at the sealed top of the container, looking for marks. My pulse had increased noticeably. I stopped after a moment, not wanting to cause damage. It would take weeks or months of soaking in various chemicals and gentle cleaning to reveal what was underneath. All I could see was a squarish depression in the top of the seal.

I then tried a trick that I had learned from years of examining ancient coins and engravings covered with centuries of the hard thin coating of dirt and organic matter that had bonded with and drawn minerals from the metal surface. I looked at the top of the phial at a steep angle and moved it slowly around the room to see it in light that varied in direction and strength. As the vessel approached one of those sunbeams that knifed into the room, a faint image appeared. It was almost invisible, a bit like an underexposed film negative, but it held a shape that had become familiar to me decades before. I couldn't tell which it was, only that it was almost certainly an Egyptian heiroglyph.

Trying to keep my face straight, I asked Mustafa where he had gotten these tiny bottles from. I was pretty sure that he could hear the light shaking in my voice. He smiled, this time broadly and sincerely. He held up one of the clusters of marine encrustation and bottles, looking it over casually.

"Fifteen years ago, on the day you first experienced Egyptian jail, if you would have been able to continue searching you may have found this. I say ‘first experienced’ because I cannot imagine that you have not revisited that place in the years since."

I felt a punch of anxiety, discovery and apprehension in the pit of my stomach, all at once. Those many years ago, I had been diving near the shore in the bay of Alexandria. A French archaeologist had recently announced that he thought he had discovered the ruins of the Library at Alexandria, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. Archaeology is a small world and it was relatively easy to find out where the French team had been diving and exploring. I had hired a few locals and started diving in the same area, trying to keep a low profile. But the French were politically well connected and I found myself in an Egyptian jail for a week before I was able to contact the American Embassy. I got out of jail and had to promise not to return to Alexandria. The American diplomat was a rather grim fellow who explained to me that I had used the only get-out-of-jail card that I would ever receive as a benefit of being an American citizen.

In spite of Mustafa's skepticism, I had managed to stay out of jail since then though I had not managed to stay out of Alexandria. Of the billion mysteries that taunt and torture students of ancient times worldwide, half of the answers were written in the scrolls, books, maps and codices that were held in the Library at Alexandria when an earthquake toppled it into the sea thousands of years ago. But the waters that hold what secrets may still exist, carved in stone or etched in gold sheet, had become a busy commercial port and that sea trade was the life blood of an impoverished nation trying to achieve a presence in the modern world. There would be no interruption of business or construction of the port infrastructure, no matter what was buried, destroyed or left undiscovered in the process. Not even for the French.

But here in his hand was an artifact, supposedly from that place. I would bet that the artifact was genuine and Egyptian, but had no way of testing where it had come from. The price I offered Mustafah was on the low side because of this. He merely smiled his wary grin and pointed to one of the vessels in the cluster in his hand.

“Have you noticed? This one is longer than the rest by far, you see? This is the end here, not another bottle, and here is the top on the other side. And the shape is more square and the mouth is shaped differently. They are made of glass, you know. They are sealed with wax and capped with gold foil. There are thirteen vessels here, Lars. There used to be fourteen.”

He delighted in my horrified expression as I took in the fact that he had already broken the seal on one of the vessels. He knew I would do the same, but there was no hiding anything about them or disguising their value. I had to have this lot of tiny vials, and being above murder or thievery, I would pay dearly. The gold seal meant they likely related to royalty or a temple. And either possibility could link them to the Library.

He saw he had won. I tried to muster one last piece of leverage.

“You will have your price,” I said, trying to sound firm, “only if you also give me the gold seal from the vessel you opened.”

If he didn’t have it, we’d be bargaining again. He smiled his broad grin, parading his shiny white front teeth and reached into his shirt pocket. The grimy folded handkerchief was carefully unfolded to reveal the gold foil seal. It was bent and still had bits of the wax seal clinging to it, but I could see the glyph that had been pressed into it clearly. Mustafa had just become a relatively wealthy man and I had paid a pittance for what I had just bought.

The glyph on the golden seal was the seven-pointed star that represented the papyrus tree. It was the sign of Seshat, the most ancient goddess of wisdom, knowledge and writing, also known as Mistress of the House of Books. Her priests had gathered and protected all writings of knowledge and history for the Egyptian dynasties of thousands of years. This treasure before me had almost certainly come from the ruins of the Library. I was breathless. I wrote a check for all the money I had and handed it to Mustafa, along with what cash I had on hand. As he left, I gathered a fragment of my wits and shouted at his back crazily.

“What was in the vial you opened?!”

He didn’t slow or look back. But his words were clear enough. “There hasn’t been enough of what was in the vessel long enough in history for a language to conjure words for it.”

Ingredients:

Dark rose attar, almond, amber, spikenard, patchouli, sandalwood, oud, white pepper and bladderwrack (sea weed).

The scent is thick and heavy with an antiquated feel, with the suggestion of a ceramic vessel encrusted from years beneath the sea.

23 bottles available.

(1 reserved for ElizabethOSP, 1 for Liz, 1 for Aeaea, 1 for CinnamonMel, )

Happy Easter to YOU TOO Mara !!

eta: Enjoyed the short story very much !

umm...ElizOSP !

in your opinion, would Sea Find be a "liz" scent ?

and....

LV's Sparkle Plenty sounds very appealing 04.gif I like sparkles and spicy ! I want one !! or someone split one w/me !?

heh...I remember telling Esmie (yrs ago) that I'd never wear(scent) anything pink....muchless PINK PUMPKIN !!

since then I've come out of the proverbial pink scent/anything closet, I have a pink streak in my hair (the underside in the back of my head) and I even own pink clothes :Emoticons04277:

Edited by liz

You can order them via GC if you like, but since there are so few, you best reserve it on this thread before you pay for it. They brews are complete and so are the labels, so John & Catherine can ship them while I am away. If there's anything left when I get back, they will be posted on the PE page then. As always, the forumites get first dibs!

ME !

please 04.gif

1 LV's Sparkle Plenty

1 Sea Find

Thanks !

eta: pymt sent

Edited by liz

You can order them via GC if you like, but since there are so few, you best reserve it on this thread before you pay for it. They brews are complete and so are the labels, so John & Catherine can ship them while I am away. If there's anything left when I get back, they will be posted on the PE page then. As always, the forumites get first dibs!

How much is it for the Sea Find? I want one....please!

I'd love the bottles of Feelin Foxy & Kirsebærsuppe! Thank you! Have a wonderful holiday Mara :)

Can I have a bottle of Lady Victoria's Sparkle a plenty please.

Thanks

Shoot! I was out of town, are there any sparkle plenties left? If so, can I haz?

ETA: since the 5 bottles available is crossed out, I assume this one's gone already? Let me know

Just read the WHOLE thread (It's Monday morning) so it ain't looking' good for the sparkle plenty,

Mara, if there is a demand for a PE do you make more? Or is it wiser to explore making my own PE like the ones on this thread?

Edited by Raq On

I make more sometimes when I still have the ingredients on hand and there's a solid demand for it. I can check when I get back, what I used and if I have enough to make more. But I mentioned earlier, maybe on another thread, a lot of people have been asking for a rebrew of Sparkle Fuchsia so I just may brew that again if I have the ingredients.

Sparkle Plenty is not exactly the same as Sparkle Fuschia, although they are both Pink Pumpkin scents. Sparkle Plenty is a lot more spicy.

I make more sometimes when I still have the ingredients on hand and there's a solid demand for it. I can check when I get back, what I used and if I have enough to make more. But I mentioned earlier, maybe on another thread, a lot of people have been asking for a rebrew of Sparkle Fuchsia so I just may brew that again if I have the ingredients.

Sparkle Plenty is not exactly the same as Sparkle Fuschia, although they are both Pink Pumpkin scents. Sparkle Plenty is a lot more spicy.

Yeah!!! I'm so excited!!!

Okay I've waited enough days for someone else to pounce...may I please have the other bottle of Choco-Nut Yum, but hold it to make Body Bubbles during your once-monthly cookathon! xoxoxoxo

(Now go have some fun, please!)

............But I mentioned earlier, maybe on another thread, a lot of people have been asking for a rebrew of Sparkle Fuchsia so I just may brew that again if I have the ingredients................

YesPleaseYesPleaseYesPlease*gasp*YesPlease! :hearts18: :hearts18: :hearts18: Edited by ElizabethOSP

Sh*t!! That sounds like it has my name written all over it Lady V give us a super detailed review

Incidentally, what makes SF smell like cookie without being cloying?

Sh*t!! That sounds like it has my name written all over it Lady V give us a super detailed review

Incidentally, what makes SF smell like cookie without being cloying?

Raq....if it doesn't work for me I'll let you know, k ?

I was wondering where you ran off too. I know how you love pumpkins.. by the way Invi Starbucks has this new cake pop.. omg so VAMP

it's raspberry and chocolate, reminded me of your PE.

I'd probably run off to too-exhausted-to-think-about-anything-but-my-pillow-land. :lol: Ohhhhh I need to get my arse to Starbucks for one of those. I wish they'd do a raspberry mocha latte already. They did a dark chocolate/cherry one a couple years ago and it was orgasmic. Of course they never brought it back, as they tend to do with my favorite drinks (honey latte, I'm lookin' at you).

Wooooo! Thanks, wasn't sure if PE's included that but I shall try and do it the gift cert way...later, when I place my order, that I really shouldn't, I reeeeaaaaally shouldn't, I sense a few more hours of in the cart, out of the cart :Emoticons04280: ...terrible libran shopper! That icon sums me up so well, I imagine this is my exact expression as I deliberate!