Stalk Talk!

luna65

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/3/2018 at 11:15 AM, melisse said:

I just added a 1000mcg version of Peace and Calm to my plans. I work in home health care. I’m in close contact with people who might find it annoying to have someone’s obvious perfume in their home. I’m thinking an extra strong phero would mean using less, therefore less scent. Just a mild, fresh-washed laundry scent to mask it. 

I’m finding my cats don’t like the pheros, and they tell me about it! One cat in particular has noticed my wrist points and will actually get up out of my lap, turn around and yowl at me in a pissed off tone. Then she tries to lay across both of them to prevent the off-gassing. They especially hate the sprays - I can get away with the roll ons around my cats easier. 

Edit to add:  Hey wait... as a 60/40 spray lover, I think I may be erring in which characteristic is annoying to me cats. If it’s the immediate blast, I can do that away from them, maybe it is the OIL part that annoys them?

Now I’m thinking I should choose instead toward 100% alcohol, just be away from then while it’s drying. Enjoy my Balm Balm’s initial relaxing spritz & drydown, THEN join them.

Ya think that’s better, cat wise?

Melisse, are you sure it's the pheros? What scents are you using along with the pheros? Are you using any essential oils? Asking because there are certain scents that are toxic for cats, and it's possible they are responding to the cover scent rather than the pheros. Cats and dogs usually like pheros, but it's also possible that you are wearing too much for their taste and you can dial it back a bit.

2 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Melisse, are you sure it's the pheros? What scents are you using along with the pheros? Are you using any essential oils? Asking because there are certain scents that are toxic for cats, and it's possible they are responding to the cover scent rather than the pheros. Cats and dogs usually like pheros, but it's also possible that you are wearing too much for their taste and you can dial it back a bit.

I guess it could be the scent I’m using, but with different scents and different cats, I haven’t found the pattern yet - maybe I was watching for the wrong issue?

ive heard some essential oils are toxic to cats, but I thought that was only when they are forced to lick it off, because someone applied it to their skin for holistic reasons? 

Just smelling certain oils can be bad too??

ETA - I’m currently using just LP fragrances. Which leads me to another question - I understand you don’t use artificial stabilizers (or whatever chemicals ordinarily go into perfume). Does this make it less objectionable to environmentally sensitive people? 

Edited by melisse
Clarification & Added Thought

3 hours ago, melisse said:

I guess it could be the scent I’m using, but with different scents and different cats, I haven’t found the pattern yet - maybe I was watching for the wrong issue?

ive heard some essential oils are toxic to cats, but I thought that was only when they are forced to lick it off, because someone applied it to their skin for holistic reasons? 

Just smelling certain oils can be bad too??

ETA - I’m currently using just LP fragrances. Which leads me to another question - I understand you don’t use artificial stabilizers (or whatever chemicals ordinarily go into perfume). Does this make it less objectionable to environmentally sensitive people? 

Essential Oils shouldn't even be diffused in the air if you have cats, they absorb toxic levels just thru the air which build up in their system and cause liver failure and death. I have noticed that some minty notes will make a cat wince and move away, so I never force them to be near it as it's likely toxic. (Whenever I apply my minty hand cream, my cat River leaves the room). I haven't had that issue with perfumes and my cats, but I would check the notes on that perfume if I did, and not wear it around them. Here is a list of essential oils that are poisonous to cats.

• Lavender
  • Wintergreen
  • Peppermint
  • Citrus (including lemon oil)
  • Teatree
  • Pine
  • Eucalyptus
  • Cinnamon
  • Pennyroyal
  • Sweet birch
  • Clove
  • Ylang ylang
  • Oregano
  •  Sage
  •  Thyme
  •  Birch
  •  Bergamot
  •  Spruce
  •  Any other oils containing phenols

In answer to your last Q, yes, we have had tremendously good luck with people who have said they can wear and enjoy our scents where they never could deal with commercial scents. Our perfuming is very clean, and the oils are heavy, both which contribute to that success. What works well for us may not work well for our four legged friends though.  :purr:

On that note, I've had two dogs that would both shiver violently when exposed to citronella EO.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

I’m working on a guessing game for new release notes that I’ll be posting in the Facebook Chat group tomorrow. I’ll post a link to it tomorrow!

Sounds like fun! :)

On 5/20/2018 at 5:09 PM, missdarlyncherie said:

Holy hell I haven’t ordered since October...the whole forum is unrecognizable!! I’m lost...when is the next release?! 

Good timing, summer releases are about to happen! Lots of forum changes, cosmetic and whatnot, it will take a minute to get used to but you'll get used to it soon enough. Here's a link on the current Forum Upgrade if you're curious. Feb and April releases had some really lovely hits, too.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:43 PM, Potion Master said:

Essential Oils shouldn't even be diffused in the air if you have cats, they absorb toxic levels just thru the air which build up in their system and cause liver failure and death. I have noticed that some minty notes will make a cat wince and move away, so I never force them to be near it as it's likely toxic. (Whenever I apply my minty hand cream, my cat River leaves the room). I haven't had that issue with perfumes and my cats, but I would check the notes on that perfume if I did, and not wear it around them. Here is a list of essential oils that are poisonous to cats.

• Lavender
  • Wintergreen
  • Peppermint
  • Citrus (including lemon oil)
  • Teatree
  • Pine
  • Eucalyptus
  • Cinnamon
  • Pennyroyal
  • Sweet birch
  • Clove
  • Ylang ylang
  • Oregano
  •  Sage
  •  Thyme
  •  Birch
  •  Bergamot
  •  Spruce
  •  Any other oils containing phenols

In answer to your last Q, yes, we have had tremendously good luck with people who have said they can wear and enjoy our scents where they never could deal with commercial scents. Our perfuming is very clean, and the oils are heavy, both which contribute to that success. What works well for us may not work well for our four legged friends though.  :purr:

Great list to keep handy. Saved that. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, as I keep adding to my list of needs vs wants, I am DYING to know the specifics of the sale.  I have so many things I want to get.  And I am not even going to divulge how much money I have spent here in the last year, but I need to cut back.  :D  I have actually done better these last few months.  But I NEEEEEEDDDD  Juicy Lucy and I want to hoard another bottle of OCCO Ambrosia and then I have a huge list of neee...wants.  Sigh.  But I want to wait until the sale to see how I can make it work.

Early July as far as I know but as always it depends on Mara’s insane schedule. She will announce the details of the sale well before it starts so you have plenty of time to read the rules and procedures and prepare.

I have my first TWO PE's currently near Mara's magical cauldrons right now! (I'm going to assume she has many busy cauldrons, considering how much magic comes out of LPMP! I'm very excited! 

@hearts you might like these, too. 

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 month later...

I'm already in pumpkin now!

I hope Mara will be brewing up all kinds of Wicked, Ebil-ish Screaming for Halloween type thoughts!

• 3 weeks later...

*clings to summer with vise grip*

I'm curious about the 'Weenies, but those are usually not my favourite scents (IMO, *&!# cinnamon and nutmeg and all other "pumpkin pie" type spices!). *sigh* Oh well, I should behave myself for awhile anyway. It's not like I don't have enough perfume to get me through several dozen lifetimes.

Edited by Lainey

10 hours ago, Lainey said:

*clings to summer with vise grip*

I'm curious about the 'Weenies, but those are usually not my favourite scents (IMO, *&!# cinnamon and nutmeg and all other "pumpkin pie" type spices!). *sigh*

I came to this community like late summer so I feel you... I really feel like buying up all the summer and spring scents and sticking with those haha. Or during the fall scent releases mess with the UN Pheros and some of the regular LP perfumes. ? This will be my first time seeing fall/Halloween releases... I’ll look and let others test, I might try a scent or too. But I’m not ready to let go. *Crys in spring time baby* ?

Now me on the other hand, I want to go directly to the store for the Weenies "pre-release" so I won't have to wait for descriptions or trials or anything. I just want to go there, and wait and wait, but I WILL BE READY. I'm actually having a pre-release party, in my mind, right now.

Always my favorite releases....Maybe something like Halloween Moon or Draculas Bakery.   All time fave Weenies.

12 hours ago, Vicki Lee said:

I came to this community like late summer so I feel you... I really feel like buying up all the summer and spring scents and sticking with those haha. Or during the fall scent releases mess with the UN Pheros and some of the regular LP perfumes. ? This will be my first time seeing fall/Halloween releases... I’ll look and let others test, I might try a scent or too. But I’m not ready to let go. *Crys in spring time baby* ?

It is now snowing where I live, so I feel like the universe is out to get me and is trying to pry me away from summer. :cry:

40 minutes ago, Lainey said:

It is now snowing where I live, so I feel like the universe is out to get me and is trying to pry me away from summer. :cry:

OMG I heard! I have a friend who lives in Edmonton and she has snow out there too! ? I was like what?! I think it’s all these crazy hurricanes coming together there’s currently like 9 forming as we speak. Global warming is crazy man. 

5 minutes ago, Vicki Lee said:

OMG I heard! I have a friend who lives in Edmonton and she has snow out there too! ? I was like what?! I think it’s all these crazy hurricanes coming together there’s currently like 9 forming as we speak. Global warming is crazy man. 

I'm in Calgary, so I guess it moved down here. 

There are 9 hurricanes forming!? I only heard of the one...I forget what it's called. Florence? I think?

It's not super odd to get snow in September here, tbh. I mean, I would rather we didn't, but we do on occasion. My pool's still up in the backyard. ?

9 minutes ago, Lainey said:

I'm in Calgary, so I guess it moved down here. 

There are 9 hurricanes forming!? I only heard of the one...I forget what it's called. Florence? I think?

It's not super odd to get snow in September here, tbh. I mean, I would rather we didn't, but we do on occasion. My pool's still up in the backyard. ?

There are usually several hurricanes forming this time of year. Its rare for all of them to fully form or make landfall somewhere. Weather has definitely been weird this year though. Summer where I live is routinely in the mid 90s and has been for at least 35 years. This year we barely got into the low 90s for most of the summer, which means winter is going to be colder than average and probably longer. ?